Piano Forum logo
November 23, 2017, 08:07:04 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Pianistic Legends from Buenos Aires Sharing Neurones

A recent article featured in Piano Street’s News Flash explains that four-hand piano duo partners share neurons dealing with spatial seizing while playing. That suggests that we give you readers a gem on the same topic. Watch the sample from Michael Beyer’s film production for EuroArts Music. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ez rondo alla turca??  (Read 1206 times)
urbanspice
PS Silver Member

« on: October 20, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »

Just wondering if anyone knows of an ez version of Mozart's alla turca. I got a six year old who is love with anything classical and made a request to play this. (It makes me happy when little kids tell me they want to play Bach or Mozart, especially if they've only been playing a short while. All hope is not lost!) If not I guess I'll just have to do it myself, which isn't such a bad thing. Peace.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Alla Turca
Spatula
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 12:01:29 AM »

Just wondering if anyone knows of an ez version of Mozart's alla turca. I got a six year old who is love with anything classical and made a request to play this. (It makes me happy when little kids tell me they want to play Bach or Mozart, especially if they've only been playing a short while. All hope is not lost!) If not I guess I'll just have to do it myself, which isn't such a bad thing. Peace.

Slow down the tempo, make the LH do just a single bass note instead of whatever it has... I haven't seen the sheet music in a while.  Make him do lots of HS and RH work.  The left hand will be a very very simple grade 1 style LH accompliment.
rhapsody in orange
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 09:37:51 AM »

Hmm I just started teaching not too long ago and am quite inexperienced at this.. I've got a student like that too. However she's too young (hands too small) to play octaves. Also, is there a way to simplify the semiquavers runny notes? Don't think she'll be able to play that as yet. I'm afraid she'd get bored of the piece if I ask her to do it slowly. So was wondering if I can simplify it for her for the time being, and when her technique improves she'll be more inspired to play the original version.

when words fail, music speaks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: