Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: does anyone have an anime list?  (Read 10496 times)

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
does anyone have an anime list?
on: January 24, 2014, 02:38:59 AM
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/culturedswag420x
press more to see my comments

does any1 else watch anime desu

Offline slane

• PS Silver Member
Re: does anyone have an anime list?
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:09:57 AM
はい! アニメが 好きです!すごいですね!。

Here are our favs.
Nodame Contabile of course of course! You only have 2 seasons on your list. Have you not seen the final season??
Steins Gate.
Currently watching Gin no Saji,
My 10 yo daughter likes acchi kocchi and non non biyori and usagi drop.
My husband really like Chihayafuru. He likes the stories where someone is striving to win/accomplish somthing.
And we quite like Gargantia and kids on the slope (or appollo on the slope is a proper translation I think)
I liked Psycho Pass, but its pretty gruesome!

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:25:23 AM
wow, you have good taste! im just about to start watching psycho pass : )
i also heard shin sekai yori is good.
but hunter x hunter will always be the best.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:59:35 AM
That list
I'm crying...

I'll give you something

Teggen Gurran Lagaan (dont read the summary for this anime cause you'll probably get spoiled)
Kokoro Connect
Ano Hana
Cowboy Bepop
Black Lagoon
Log Horizon
Yahari (Teen Romance)
True Tears
Shiki
Good thing you have Steins;Gate, now go watch the movie
Garden of Sinners (7movies)
Garden of Words
5cm Per Second and every other Makato Shinkai movies
All studio ghibi movies (Miyazaki ftw)
Gundam 00 (if you like mechs)
Code Geass (Has mechs but it aint about mechs)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
There's also Fullmetal Alchemist from 2003 but it deviated from the manga so Brotherhood's better. Although a lot of people liked the 2003 one because it was more emo lol
Sigh...I'll come back and modify this when I think of more, I have a shitty memory.
OH AND HIGURASHI

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 05:57:09 AM
That list
I'm crying...

I'll give you something

Teggen Gurran Lagaan (dont read the summary for this anime cause you'll probably get spoiled)
Kokoro Connect
Ano Hana
Cowboy Bepop
Black Lagoon
Log Horizon
Yahari (Teen Romance)
True Tears
Shiki
Good thing you have Steins;Gate, now go watch the movie
Garden of Sinners (7movies)
Garden of Words
5cm Per Second and every other Makato Shinkai movies
All studio ghibi movies (Miyazaki ftw)
Gundam 00 (if you like mechs)
Code Geass (Has mechs but it aint about mechs)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
There's also Fullmetal Alchemist from 2003 but it deviated from the manga so Brotherhood's better. Although a lot of people liked the 2003 one because it was more emo lol
Sigh...I'll come back and modify this when I think of more, I have a shitty memory.
OH AND HIGURASHI
y my list make u cry :   (  am i that uncultured swine d03

anohana acutally made me cry tho : ' )

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:50 AM
all anime lovers are uncultured swines

But yea, I could give you some more reccs if you want me too, ighttt? That is unless I can remember these god damn Japanese names.

Offline carl_h

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:18:21 AM
I'd like to add: Ruroni Kenshin, Elfen Lied, Blood+ and Bleach

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 05:24:53 AM
I'd like to add: Ruroni Kenshin, Elfen Lied, Blood+ and Bleach

ELFEN LIED IS sh*t, IF YOU WANT TO WATCH DISTURBING BLOODY sh*t THAT HAS A POINT THEN WATCH PSYCHO PASS:

BLEACH IS sh*t IF YOU WANT TO WATCH SHOUNEN, WATCH THE ONE THAT OUTSHINES AND OUTCLASSES ALL OTHERS BY FAR: HUNTER X HUNTER

SORRY FOR RAGGING ON YOUR TASTES, BUT IM TRYING TO DO A PUBLIC SERVICE

(PLS OBLIGE EVEN THO IM BEING SLIGHTLY ABRASIVE)

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 05:29:20 AM
EVEN THO IM BEING SLIGHTLY ABRASIVE

Slightly?  :o
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:17 AM

Slightly?  :o
yo go back to the other thread for anime discussion, or u can view it and migrate back and post here

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:32:25 AM
b-b-b-b-bump desu~

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 01:45:21 AM
Kill la kill from the makers of Gurren lagan. It's so dope!

Offline carl_h

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 11:12:02 AM
There is a new anime out: Akama ga Kill! I like it up till now

Please don't bash me swagmaster :(

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 03:21:40 AM
What about a brief summary on these?

I liked Steins;Gates the series.  The movie was so-so.  Probably not worth watching really. 

Steins;Gates is a few 20-year-olds experimenting with time travel.  You see the actual effect when they change the past and the present changes.  I read that's different than a lot of time travel stories.  A lot of stories just use time travel to go to a different place/time and then the story happens there. 

I quickly looked at some other anime, but it looked a bit strange.  Crappy cartoons.  Some 'regular' type of story.  And it looked a little girly so I clicked away or lost interest.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 02:13:55 AM

I liked Steins;Gates the series.  The movie was so-so.  Probably not worth watching really.  

Steins;Gates is a few 20-year-olds experimenting with time travel.  You see the actual effect when they change the past and the present changes.  I read that's different than a lot of time travel stories.  A lot of stories just use time travel to go to a different place/time and then the story happens there.  

I quickly looked at some other anime, but it looked a bit strange.  Crappy cartoons.  Some 'regular' type of story.  And it looked a little girly so I clicked away or lost interest.

Steins was very good to be honest.

I am currently watching Black Butler cuz...dunno looks kinda girly buts it's meh.

On a nother note....I-I hope senpai notices me...
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 02:42:54 PM
Steins was very good to be honest.

I am currently watching Black Butler cuz...dunno looks kinda girly buts it's meh.

On a nother note....I-I hope senpai notices me...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FATE STAY NIGHT UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS HYPE

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 02:45:54 PM

I liked Steins;Gates the series.  The movie was so-so.  Probably not worth watching really. 

Steins;Gates is a few 20-year-olds experimenting with time travel.  You see the actual effect when they change the past and the present changes.  I read that's different than a lot of time travel stories.  A lot of stories just use time travel to go to a different place/time and then the story happens there. 

I quickly looked at some other anime, but it looked a bit strange.  Crappy cartoons.  Some 'regular' type of story.  And it looked a little girly so I clicked away or lost interest.
Majority of anime is shitty. It's because the industry has to appeal to a certain demographic that likes fanservice ('accidental' panty shots) and immature humor... sad that there are actually good anime. You should watch KaTAnAgaTARI

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 07:32:36 PM
Majority of anime is shitty. It's because the industry has to appeal to a certain demographic that likes fanservice ('accidental' panty shots) and immature humor... sad that there are actually good anime. You should watch KaTAnAgaTARI

Thank god you're not one of those otakus. Thank fckng god. Yo, if you haven't watched psycho pass watch the new edited version. It's absolutely marvelous.

Movies and ovas are the way to go if you want sme decent anime(usually). Seasonal series are getting shittier and shittier. Last season I didn't watch anything, dropped every single show. Haven't checked out annoying for fall season, but hopefully I'll find at least ONE that's decent.

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 12:08:29 AM
Thank god you're not one of those otakus. Thank fckng god. Yo, if you haven't watched psycho pass watch the new edited version. It's absolutely marvelous.

Movies and ovas are the way to go if you want sme decent anime(usually). Seasonal series are getting shittier and shittier. Last season I didn't watch anything, dropped every single show. Haven't checked out annoying for fall season, but hopefully I'll find at least ONE that's decent.
CHEck out fate/stay night, not the old one (bad) but the one that's airing this season. Parasyte is also good, apparently and Amagi Brilliant Park. Ofc Ive seen psycho pass btw

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:47 AM
I'll watch fate stay after it's finished so I can marathon it later.

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 01:26:23 AM
I'll watch fate stay after it's finished so I can marathon it later.

watch fate/zero, that's finished and it is good.

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:54 PM
I can't say I've watched that much anime, but I certainly love all the Miyazaki films, Attack on Titan, and Ping Pong The Animation!

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 04:17:39 PM
I can't say I've watched that much anime, but I certainly love all the Miyazaki films, Attack on Titan, and Ping Pong The Animation!
OMG
U watched ping pong?
Hyperventilated for a second
I didn't know dedicated musicians watch anime... Much less one that's as (comparatively obscure) as ping pong
BUT ITS SO GOOD
I've memorized the names of every song in the OST and can recognize each on hearing
When me and my friends were watching it it was what made our Thursdays. We all agree that it is a masterpiece. One of my friends gets really mad whenever he hears some dingbat say the animation is bad. Another one of my friends has I think written a piece on it. There is an online community that enjoys keeping up with and having critical discussions about anime.

Good anime is pretty rare... But there's so much potential, and the ones that are good can be really FRICKIN good

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 04:58:33 PM
The idea that musicians don't do anything other than music is a myth!

I haven't finished Ping Pong, but I'm about half-way through. It makes me crave the game, and sadly I do not have a table right now. It's really good!

I like Anime... it's very artistic compared to western cartoons. And I like some western cartoons also.

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 05:41:41 PM
The idea that musicians don't do anything other than music is a myth!

I haven't finished Ping Pong, but I'm about half-way through. It makes me crave the game, and sadly I do not have a table right now. It's really good!

I like Anime... it's very artistic compared to western cartoons. And I like some western cartoons also.
I guess I should have known better. You seem very open to the idea of trying new things  ;D.
And yeah, that's what Ping Pong does. For me and my friends it makesus really pumped to play video games. Ping Pong is a very inspiring anime, despite how melancholy it is at the same time.

As for anime being artistic .... HA HA trust me, the overwhelming vast majority of anime is 'plot'-based, and by 'plot', i mean panty shots catering to an audience composed largely of males with a particular liking for underage girls.

Ping Pong is amazing because it's directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who is an incredible director.
If you want to watch more anime, I'll let you know which I think are good and which are trash  ;)

In the meantime, I'll be checking out the first episode of an anime airing this season about music. I like what Ive seen from the PVs:

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 06:02:20 PM

If you want to watch more anime, I'll let you know which I think are good and which are trash  ;)

Thanks! I'll check out the music when when it comes out. Could be fun.

Offline slane

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 02:11:28 AM
Anything good in the current season?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 04:11:20 PM
Found a list here.

https://kotaku.com/the-five-best-anime-of-2014-1675897008
The Five Best Anime of 2014

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 05:58:09 PM
Found a list here.

https://kotaku.com/the-five-best-anime-of-2014-1675897008
The Five Best Anime of 2014
That list isn't very good, lol

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 08:23:00 PM
Good to know.  I might not look into it that carefully then.

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 08:23:48 PM

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 09:33:41 PM
I haven't watched Avatar, but I know it's good. It's just really long and probably contains lots of subplots, which makes me hesitant to commit to watching it.

An anime I just finished watching at the recommendation of my close friend who writes pretty frequently on anime is Haibane Renmei. It's his favorite anime and now it's one of my favorites as well. The pacing is very deliberate and quite mellow and gradual at the start, so it was not the easiest to marathon despite its 13 episode length (although I did marathon it), but when the unfolding reaches its completion it's really spectacular. There are a bunch of great moments throughout, despite it being understated in tone (I really liked the ersatz creation myth). The soundtrack (which I love) is one of the most evocative I've heard and the way it's put to full use shows how excellent and skillful the direction is overall. From the beginning there is a sense of mystique that continues to intensify, and the ending of Haibane Renmei is simply a miracle. Very beautiful and thematically dense, at various moments the writing is low-key breathtakingly poetic. Definitely watch it.

I'm rambling so if you want to know more, just read my friend's (the one mentioned) blog. He has good recommendations. It's here: https://illtimedaugustrain.wordpress.com

Offline slane

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 10:59:02 PM
Actually we enjoyed Barakamon on Bob's list. If you like those sort of guy/girl strives to acheive X (e.g. nodame strives to be pianist, swimmers in free strive to win relay, city guy in ag. school strives to be farmer in silver spoon, jelly fish geek strives to save boarding house in jellyfish princess etc.) type anime then you'll like Barakamon.

Meanwhile we've been watching Parasyte-maxim.
But my most favouritist anime in the last year was Eccentric Family which I only watched because it was recommended by that kotaku site that Bob posted.
https://kotaku.com/the-eccentric-family-is-a-truly-magical-anime-1447545821
I think it was on the best anime of 2013 list. :)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 09:16:52 PM
Really enjoying
kabaneri of the iron fortress (lots of the talent from attack on titan). Pretty incredible so far. Eagerly wait for each new epi ea week.

my hero academia - great characters, original writing, action comedy, i actually get impatient each week waiting for a new episode

btw finished up fate stay night unlimited blade works. Its obe of the best i have seen on long time. It is  it a remake of original fate stay night  from few years ago. Its an original retelling of the story, different twists and points of view. Its what fate stay night should have been.

rewatching fate zero, it fills in background to unlimited blade works nicely

madoka magica was good.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 09:44:01 PM
man i havent watched anything this year. Any good 2016 shows you guys can recc?

and yes, HxH is some good ass shounen. Too bad the author is lazy as fck.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 11:51:07 PM
man i havent watched anything this year. Any good 2016 shows you guys can recc?

and yes, HxH is some good ass shounen. Too bad the author is lazy as fck.
dude seriously give kabaneri of the iron fortress a go, it's a 2016 title, only aired through ep 6 o4 so so far

hero academia is new too, ep 7 hits on sunday

diamadaler prince vs penguin empires is hilarious and raunchy. It spoofs giant robot genre

Offline diomedes

Reply #36 on: May 21, 2016, 01:11:06 AM
I memorize music while watching stuff. Really saves time.

Dennou coil is very good, I'm re watching that and love it, and I'm almost done terror in resonance, which is a recent show, I'd recommend that.

I tried watching the original ghost in the shell, found it boring. Recent stuff, plastic memories was meh, nisekoi was not bad despite its primitive concept. No game no life was terrible. Hai to gensou no grimgar wasn't bad.

Lots of piano music getting memorized. Nearly got the next program ready to go, only one Scriabin prelude left and that's it.
Beethoven-Alkan, concerto 3
Faure barcarolle 10
Mozart-Stradal, symphony 40

Offline ybanana

Reply #37 on: May 21, 2016, 02:27:06 AM
やっとピアノストリートにアニメの話が出てきた〜!

I have watched about 8 in the past 5 months, when I started. Here's my brief list.....

Attack on Titan
Assassination Classroom (season 1, and currently airing second one)
Future Diary<----------------------------------------------------------------ALL TIME FAV!!!!
Sword Art Online (Both seasons)
ToraDora (still watching)
School days (still watching)

まあ、僕の言うことは、このぐらいだろう。

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: May 23, 2016, 03:04:18 AM
Really enjoying
kabaneri of the iron fortress (lots of the talent from attack on titan). Pretty incredible so far. Eagerly wait for each new epi ea week.

my hero academia - great characters, original writing, action comedy, i actually get impatient each week waiting for a new episode

btw finished up fate stay night unlimited blade works. Its obe of the best i have seen on long time. It is  it a remake of original fate stay night  from few years ago. Its an original retelling of the story, different twists and points of view. Its what fate stay night should have been.

rewatching fate zero, it fills in background to unlimited blade works nicely

madoka magica was good.

thnx

I caught up to bakaneri and it's sort of fun. the main character's kinda cringey tho, but overall I'm enjoying. :D

Also watching another one...heard of Kiznaivers??

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 07:54:57 PM
thnx

I caught up to bakaneri and it's sort of fun. the main character's kinda cringey tho, but overall I'm enjoying. :D

Also watching another one...heard of Kiznaivers??
Yes I am watching Kiznaiver, and agree on the comment on the main character of kabaneri XDD

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: May 24, 2016, 03:36:14 AM
Yes I am watching Kiznaiver, and agree on the comment on the main character of kabaneri XDD

kisnaiver is kind of gay tho, idk why i'm still watching it.

yuta is my boy

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:51 AM
VIOLET EVERGARDEN

Although Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks reigns a

supreme as far as well executed animation and smart spending of a huge budget (ie movie budgdt)
This is already causing a stir that KyoAni is laying diwn tye gauntlet on Unfotable.

i mean just this preview taser clip is so beatifiil and KyoAni has a reputation for taking yheir time to put out a well polished story w gorgeous execution. Cannot wait for this, but will gave to, i dont think it will even be complete until at least early to lid 2017...

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: May 31, 2016, 09:48:56 AM
VIOLET EVERGARDEN

Although Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks reigns a

supreme as far as well executed animation and smart spending of a huge budget (ie movie budgdt)
This is already causing a stir that KyoAni is laying diwn tye gauntlet on Unfotable.

i mean just this preview taser clip is so beatifiil and KyoAni has a reputation for taking yheir time to put out a well polished story w gorgeous execution. Cannot wait for this, but will gave to, i dont think it will even be complete until at least early to lid 2017...

ps here is a rough initial translation of the teaser synopsis

Auto Memories Doll.
It's been quite a while since that name caused a fuss. Originally invented by Professor Orland solely for his beloved wife, Auto Memories Dolls eventually spread out into the world, and a machine that allows people to rent out the dolls was also created.

"I will run as fast as I can to wherever my customer desires. I am the Auto Memories Doll, Violet Evergarden."

A girl who almost appears to have popped out of a fairy tale with her blonde hair and blue eyes said this with her inorganic beauty and sweet voice.

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:36 PM
yea kiznaiver is hella gay idk why im watching it either.

And violet evergarden is super hype, it won prize for best novel

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 02:47:28 AM
i swear to god japanese people get their ideas from their anime.
how much u wanna bet that they'll be the first ones to legalize roboXhuman marriage.
it's only a question of when.

btw that teaser looks good

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 09:55:02 AM
anyone else excited about mob psyccho 100?
premise looks promising amd the pv was pretty good, i anticipate a telekinetoc one punchan w social awkwardness amd angst....ae studio amd some of the same talent too

hoping not delayed, supposed to premier in about a month/july...

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #46 on: August 23, 2016, 05:46:00 AM
I just finished watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Probably one of the greatest space operas I've ever watched!!! Really glad I found this show by pure chance. :)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #47 on: August 23, 2016, 01:05:51 PM
I just finished watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Probably one of the greatest space operas I've ever watched!!! Really glad I found this show by pure chance. :)
will check it out, don't recall that one.
you owe it to yourself to watch aldoa zero
both seasons were so good

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #48 on: September 21, 2016, 02:59:56 AM
Samurai flamenco is pretty good

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: September 21, 2016, 05:46:18 AM
I watched that back when it was airing. I sort of raged quit when aliens began to show up, because I was expecting and hoping for another direction. It caught me off guard, it pissed me off, and I dropped it. ughhhhhhhhhhhh

btw I watched the new Makoto Shinkai movie
was alright
Sappy teenage drama but eh, it was cute  ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert