Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Spatula got banned  (Read 3580 times)

Offline rachlisztchopin

• PS Silver Member
Spatula got banned
on: November 29, 2004, 08:58:44 PM
Spatula got banned.  :'(
i wonder why...

Offline luda888

• PS Silver Member
Re: Spatula got banned
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:09:50 PM
what r u talking about?

Offline xvimbi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 09:23:05 PM
Last night, he made an EXTREMELY obscene remark at another forum member. The post appears to have been deleted. I guess that was the one that finally made nilsjohan decide to have a serious chat with him.

Offline Ludwig Van Rachabji

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 10:13:43 PM
Oh, that's too bad. I don't know what he said, but it couldn't be that bad, could it?
Music... can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable. Leonard Bernstein

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 10:50:06 PM
oh really that's a bit sad. sure he was crazy but still funny
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 11:28:07 PM
how is it that Spatula gets banned but luda888 is still here??

come on xvimbi, what did he say?

Offline rlefebvr

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 11:32:48 PM
As far as i can tell, even Spatula realised he went to far and agreed with a "temporary" ban
Ron Lefebvre

Ron Lefebvre © Copyright. Any reproduction of all or part of this post is sheer stupidity.

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 11:39:43 PM
what thread was the comment in?

Offline xvimbi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 11:48:15 PM
how is it that Spatula gets banned but luda888 is still here??

come on xvimbi, what did he say?

I will not repeat it, but when I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes, and I'm not prude at all. Sure, he has his moments where he is flooding the forum with lower-quality posts, and he admits that, but this time, he really went too far. You can ask nilsjohan if you really want to know. But who cares, he realized himself that he had to leave. I hope he will be allowed to come back at some point. It's fun arguing with him, and he often has good and thought-provoking posts.

Offline nilsjohan

• Administrator
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 11:51:30 PM
Spatula is not at all banned.
He just got a reprimand because of a very offensive and obscene comment towards another member.
I don't know why he decided to "voluntarly ban" himself, maybe he felt so ashamed...

For your information, nobody will be banned from Piano Forum just because of one or two offensive or inappropriate posts. You will first have to ignore several warnings before you can qualify for the ban list.

Offline julie391

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 02:26:35 AM

I will not repeat it, but when I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes, and I'm not prude at all. Sure, he has his moments where he is flooding the forum with lower-quality posts, and he admits that, but this time, he really went too far. You can ask nilsjohan if you really want to know. But who cares, he realized himself that he had to leave. I hope he will be allowed to come back at some point. It's fun arguing with him, and he often has good and thought-provoking posts.

was it about me?

if it was id like to know

Offline janice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 06:47:40 PM

was it about me?

if it was id like to know

Yes, I think it was.  But I don't know for a fact.  Besides, why does it matter to you?
Co-president of the Bernhard fan club!

Offline Ludwig Van Rachabji

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 09:44:41 PM

Yes, I think it was.  But I don't know for a fact.  Besides, why does it matter to you?

If it was toward her, I think she is entitled to know. I would want to know if he said that about me.
Music... can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable. Leonard Bernstein

Offline Daniel_piano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 11:30:34 PM
Was the post deleted?
If it was not I can't understand why he decided to autoban himself since anything I've read last from him was not that bad or dirty
Was that post about sex sicko?
If so, what the problem is?
I have seen a lot of worst and more vulgar posts
I think in the 21 century we should forget about hypocrisy, political correctness and bigotry

Daniel
"Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask "Why me?" Then a voice answers "Nothing personal, your name just happened to come up.""

Offline Bacfokievrahms

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 08:13:12 AM
I agree Daniel_piano, lest ye be forsaken...

Offline willcowskitz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 08:56:35 AM
To me, looking from the outside and afterwards, it seems like he made a big martyr out of himself and people totally fell for it.

Offline dinosaurtales

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 07:06:16 AM
Spatula is not at all banned.
He just got a reprimand because of a very offensive and obscene comment towards another member.
I don't know why he decided to "voluntarly ban" himself, maybe he felt so ashamed...

For your information, nobody will be banned from Piano Forum just because of one or two offensive or inappropriate posts. You will first have to ignore several warnings before you can qualify for the ban list.

Oh good. That means I am probably still safe after my smartcracks about the "beefcakes"!
So much music, so little time........
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert