Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Tchaikovsky Transcription and Thelonious Monk Piece  (Read 3382 times)

Offline josephb3124

• PS Silver Member
Tchaikovsky Transcription and Thelonious Monk Piece
on: November 06, 2014, 04:21:29 AM
I've been scouring the internet for two things, either to download or purchase, with no luck:

1. A transcription of Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Overture-Fantasy for piano by Émile Naoumoff

2. Sheet music for Thelonious Monk's 'Round Midnight for solo piano, particularly this version:

If no sheet music exists for this version, I would really appreciate any suggestions for a good arrangement of higher difficulty level

Thanks for the help!

Offline pianiststrongbad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Tchaikovsky Transcription and Thelonious Monk Piece
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 05:16:55 AM
I'm not sure if this Monk transcription is available - however, Oscar Peterson did an awesome take on 'Round Midnight which is published by Hal Leonard.

If you manage to find that Tchaikovsky arrangement, please post back here - I liked the bit I heard. It may be worth emailing the performer and asking where he got it.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:30:17 AM
The Naoumoff transcription can be purchased from his website here:

https://www.emilenaoumoff.com/#!media-shop/c1h0f

Scroll down - it should be the fourth from the top.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline josephb3124

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:28:04 AM
Thanks! Both exactly what I was looking for!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert