Piano Forum logo
March 26, 2017, 11:08:04 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

How will You Sound on Horowitz’s CD 503?

While many pianists who have played on Horowitz's favourite piano agree that the action is even and it is a pleasure to play the instrument, it is clearly not the only magic bullet required to reach Horowitz's level of artistic mastery. Hear the master and his instrument in this legendary Vienna Recital. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 'Rondo Alla Turca' hard?  (Read 1520 times)
ziggy50
PS Silver Member

« on: March 01, 2016, 11:57:07 AM »

Hey, I have an audition coming up in two months and I have to learn two songs. So I'm learning nocturne in E flat major. I was going to learn Rondo Alla Turca also but I am not sure if I will have time to learn it and get it really good. I am just finished grade five and am 13 but am good at learning new songs. So, do you think that I will have time to learn it? Is it hard? Is it too fast? Thanks
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Nocturne

piano sheet music of Alla Turca
symphonicdance
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »

I presume you are talking about the one by Mozart.

Dxmn hard if you want to play like a great master.  Not too hard if you just try to learn and play as a Gr 5er / 13 year old.

To present the "Mozart" touch is always challenging.
preludetr
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:07:21 PM »

It's subjective but I think most would consider it easier than the Nocturne.
briansaddleback
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 06:52:51 PM »

For you at thirteen and already playing /experienced at piano, sure I think you can learn it, not perfectly but the expectations of a thirteen year old in a performance is not at a critical level so go ahead and learn it.
To play it at the suggested tempo w a refined technique and proper phrasing (this piece has phrasing you need to respect/adhere to) it is a difficult piece to learn. I have learned it a year ago and will go back to it later, as it posed many challenges to me in terms of performing it in a crisp , brisk attack and clarity and accuracy w proper phrasing.

Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca
bachopiev
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 02:39:54 AM »

In technical difficulty, no. In musical difficulty (and overall musicianship), affirmatively yes.

I hope I have been of assistance.

Albeniz - Suite Espagnole
Bach - Goldberg Vars
Chopin - Ballade No 2, Barcarolle, Polonaise Op 44
Beethoven - Sonata No 31
Mozart - Sonata No 14
Schubert - Sonata No 16
Prokofiev - Sonata No 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: