Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: [Video] Jazz Exercise No. 2 by Oscar Peterson  (Read 2099 times)

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member
[Video] Jazz Exercise No. 2 by Oscar Peterson
on: April 25, 2016, 01:06:24 PM
I had some free time this morning.. so i learned and recorded this cool little piece :) hope you like it!

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: [Video] Jazz Exercise No. 2 by Oscar Peterson
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:25:26 AM
Don't know how I missed this, good rhythm, excellent playing. Only trouble is it's too short. I think, from the examples in this style you have posted, that you might do well to concentrate more on it. Players fluent in it are far rarer than good classical pianists. You have a distinct flair for it and I venture to say you seem to enjoy it more too. So develop it a bit more perhaps ? The first stage might be to improvise your own ideas using the language of Peterson and others you enjoy. It might take a couple of years, possibly longer, to become fluent at it but the personal rewards would be well worth the effort. You have the rhythm now, which is what most people lack, so for you it's just a matter of vocabulary.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline kalospiano

Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 02:22:32 PM
It's a very nice jazz exercise, feel like trying to play it now :) thanks for the upload.

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:18:31 PM
Don't know how I missed this, good rhythm, excellent playing. Only trouble is it's too short. I think, from the examples in this style you have posted, that you might do well to concentrate more on it. Players fluent in it are far rarer than good classical pianists. You have a distinct flair for it and I 

Thank you very much :) I can`t say that i like jazz more than classical, but i do like Peterson`s a lot :) I will follow your advise and continue to play and hopefully improve :)

It's a very nice jazz exercise, feel like trying to play it now :) thanks for the upload.
Thanks man! :)

Offline piano petals

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 02:44:59 AM
Very nice! Thank you :)

Offline lafo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:10:29 PM
Very nice! Thank you :)

Thank you :))
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert