Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Need some help identifying a piece  (Read 1078 times)

Offline mathiasf

• PS Silver Member
Need some help identifying a piece
on: June 26, 2016, 01:47:10 AM
Okay, so normally I would never resort to this, but I've been searching for this melody on every app and online site I could find over the last week. I'd appreciate if you played the melody and tried to remember the name of the piece!

First note is a half note and rest are quarters (or equal anyways), and the key is probably wrong (I've tried transposing it to every key and searching online without luck)

F C F D A E C A F C F D A E C A F C F D A E C E D C E F G F G

This part is followed by a beautiful part that's something like

(G A) Bb (G A) E (F A) F (F A) D x2

Hope you took the time to help me, and thank you very much for doing so!

Offline stevensk

Re: Need some help identifying a piece
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:20:10 PM

The key doesnt matter but what are the chords? And when? Try to write a sheet

Offline pjjslp

Re: Need some help identifying a piece
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 05:42:25 PM
Writing it out on a staff would be helpful, as there is no way to know which F, which A, which C, etc. you are referring to.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert