Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Playing piano online with other people  (Read 2592 times)

Offline dionister

Playing piano online with other people
on: March 19, 2017, 02:11:49 AM
I want to share this page to the people in this forum: multiplayerpiano.com. Its a really well displayed piano site in which you can play with your digital piano online with other people live(although theres some delay so no duet is possible :(). Anyways if you go in there just stay out of the lobby and the rp rooms and the site should be fine for you.

Pd: should this be posted here or somewhere else?

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: Playing piano online with other people
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 11:10:22 AM
haha pretty fun! :)
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:20:29 AM
Hey, I think I just dialogued with someone who switched from G to Bb major, but someone else came in hitting random notes.  Except they had a keyboard of some kind and I was only able to click individual notes with the mouse.  That was sort of fun in a weird way.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:59:19 AM
It is fun :) You can mute annoying people which is good.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:30 AM
For those who might have trouble playing with their Keyboard...

Internet Explorer does not let you use your keyboard...
Firefox does not let you use your keyboard...
Microsoft Edge does not let you use your keyboard...

Google Chrome - does. Might help.

Damn... we really need something like that on here - where only users from here can play - that would be AWESOME!!!

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:59:04 PM
For those who might have trouble playing with their Keyboard...

Internet Explorer does not let you use your keyboard...
Firefox does not let you use your keyboard...
Microsoft Edge does not let you use your keyboard...

Google Chrome - does. Might help.
I'm using Google Chrome.  Keyboard has two meanings: keyboard of a musical instrument (digital piano, for example) - computer keyboard that I'm typing on right now. Which do you mean?

Offline dionister

Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 09:12:51 PM
I'm using Google Chrome.  Keyboard has two meanings: keyboard of a musical instrument (digital piano, for example) - computer keyboard that I'm typing on right now. Which do you mean?
You can connect almost any digital piano to your pc, using either an usb b cable(aka printer cable) or a midi cable depending on the piano. If it doesnt work you should try searching for some drivers for the piano usb connection. This allows you to use your digital piano in the site to play with others :)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 09:54:38 PM

We're all piano players... which one did you think I meant?    ;)

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 01:08:30 AM
We're all piano players... which one did you think I meant?    ;)
We're all looking at something via our computers, which have computer keyboards attached to them.  The only way I can presently manipulate that program is with computer peripherals.  So I thought you meant either, or I would not have asked.  Why would you think otherwise?

So how do you connect your digital piano to the software which we see via our computers and monitors attached to those computers (desktop) or part of our laptops?

Offline dionister

Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 01:11:11 AM
We're all looking at something via our computers, which have computer keyboards attached to them.  The only way I can presently manipulate that program is with computer peripherals.  So I thought you meant either, or I would not have asked.  Why would you think otherwise?

So how do you connect your digital piano to the software which we see via our computers and monitors attached to those computers (desktop) or part of our laptops?

Please read my response above. Ive already mentioned how you can connect it.

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 01:15:12 AM
Please read my response above. Ive already mentioned how you can connect it.
Sorry, I missed your post, and was taken aback by the snideness of the response that I did see.  Actually, my piano is already connected to my computer via cable.  But that doesn't mean I know how to connect to that program.  I'm in my sixties, if that makes any difference.

Offline dionister

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 01:26:05 AM
Sorry, I missed your post, and was taken aback by the snideness of the response that I did see.  Actually, my piano is already connected to my computer via cable.  But that doesn't mean I know how to connect to that program.  I'm in my sixties, if that makes any difference.
Does your computer recognize the piano? If not try searching for drivers of your piano brand.

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 08:43:26 PM
I use Goldwave, and I record videos where the camera and line-in get synched.  For these, I know what to click to get it connected.  But I don't know what to click to connect my piano to this on-line program.  My mouse connects automatically but the piano doesn't.

Offline dionister

Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 10:46:09 PM
I use Goldwave, and I record videos where the camera and line-in get synched.  For these, I know what to click to get it connected.  But I don't know what to click to connect my piano to this on-line program.  My mouse connects automatically but the piano doesn't.
Try redownloading chrome. That happened to me, cause my chrome wouldnt automatically update, so the midi in/out button didnt work. After reinstalling it should work fine.

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 12:42:49 AM
Isn't there something you click when you get on the site?  How would the system know whether I want to  use my mouse or my piano?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert