Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Where to find a low piano bench  (Read 2476 times)

Offline liliohlili

• PS Silver Member
Where to find a low piano bench
on: June 18, 2017, 06:31:35 PM
Hello!

I've been looking for a bench replacement and can't seem to find anything that goes lower than 17.5". Ideally I'd like to get something that goes down to 16". Am I out of luck? I could of course use a non-piano stool that goes low enough but it looks weird as hell. Current bench is the standard 19" and it's killing my back.

If anyone here knows more about benches, I'd be so, so grateful it if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Where to find a low piano bench
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:59:05 AM
Hmm you might contact jansen directly amd inquire?
Or  if you know a skilled carpenter or craftsman or furniture builder you might take an exisitng good kne even used and have it modified
Or you can have the piano placed on institutional moving casters like music schools do, that usually raises the instrument off the floor a bit, bjt id probably explore the first two options more first

Offline liliohlili

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:29 PM
Hmm you might contact jansen directly amd inquire?
Or  if you know a skilled carpenter or craftsman or furniture builder you might take an exisitng good kne even used and have it modified
Or you can have the piano placed on institutional moving casters like music schools do, that usually raises the instrument off the floor a bit, bjt id probably explore the first two options more first

Thank you, I'll definitely look into getting a modified bench. I imagine a moving caster would look kind of odd sitting stationary at home, so for now shorter bench legs would be the way to go! Always thought Jensen benches were a tad expensive, but maybe that's my best bet.

Offline lhorwinkle

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:32:38 AM
Standard height bench + hacksaw = low-height bench. Simple.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert