Piano Forum

bBB

Topic: Bachelor course admission tests in Europe  (Read 1088 times)

Offline abhishekchanda

Bachelor course admission tests in Europe
on: June 30, 2017, 11:58:20 AM
Hi all,

I am from India and a beginner in piano lessons. I have completed my Grade 4 piano exams from trinity(Center in India). One of my aspirations/dream in life is to study at some reputed Europian University. Masters degree looks difficult to me and hence i want to target bachelors degree(usually four years in Europe).

As i was going through some of the admission tests for bachelors degree for universities(websites), i found they assess candidates on the basis of aural, theory and practical tests.

I want to start preparations now and be ready in the next three to four years(Donno if its really possible). I have done my graduation in engineering and a working professional now. I can devote an hour or two everyday for practice.

I need suggestion from you all on what pieces shall i explore or start practicing for each of the items below:

a) one work by J. S. Bach (Well-Tempered Clavier, Suite, Toccata, etc.)
b) one sonata from the Classical era
c) one virtuoso etude
d) one work from the Romantic era
e) one work composed after 1900

In most of the websites, it is written in languages other than english. Can someone please let me know what would be the content of study in these four years. And yes, i need to learn German or some other language.

Please redirect me in case there has been such discussions in some other thread.

Thanks in advance