Piano Forum logo
November 19, 2017, 02:49:11 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

The Creative Dance of Imagination – Tango for Two

Hear Khatia and Gavantsa Buniatishvili play Piazzolla’s Libertango from a forest recital with a concert grand piano in plain nature. As Groucho Marx said: “It takes two to Tango”. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Alkan, Live in Recital: Madwoman on Seashore, Allegro Barbaro, Dead Parrot!  (Read 140 times)
orangesodaking
PS Silver Member

« on: August 12, 2017, 11:39:59 PM »

Hello!! Here are three more Alkan presentations for you, live in concert: "Song of the Madwoman on the Seashore" from Preludes Op. 31, and Allegro Barbaro from 12 Etudes in all the Major Keys, Op. 35.

Also, I am a conducting student, so I asked eight of my talented friends to help me put together a performance of Alkan's most bizarre and humorous composition, Funeral March on the Death of a Parrot for SATB voices, three oboes, and bassoon. Here is a video of that, if you are interested.

Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
ronde_des_sylphes
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »

Very nice, and a good combination of pieces. I've in fact never head the Funeral March before, though I seem to recall Raymond Lewenthal sang bass on a recording of it!

Thanks for these!

orangesodaking
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 06:32:29 PM »

Very nice, and a good combination of pieces. I've in fact never head the Funeral March before, though I seem to recall Raymond Lewenthal sang bass on a recording of it!

Thanks for these!

He sang the bass mini-recit after the double-reed introduction, and he did it down an octave! But he had a chorus of opera singers, and the basses in the opera chorus sang the bass line. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: