Piano Forum logo
November 23, 2017, 07:41:41 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Chandos Records Running Complete Piano Projects

Chandos Records is presently recording the complete Chopin with Louis Lortie and the complete Brahms with Barry Douglas. From these ambitious projects we recommend two recent albums which gained critical acclaim. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pieces you learnt in the first year  (Read 590 times)
faa2010
PS Silver Member

« on: August 18, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »

For the people who studies or has studied for profesional pianist in a undergraduate level, which pieces have you learnt during your first year in the conservatoire or in the music school?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:46:14 AM »

Mozart piano Sonata no 2 in f major k 280 a wonderful and charming Sonata that doesn't get enough attention, highly recommend, I want to learn it again some time next few years

Kabalevsky Prelude a minor

Chopin polonaise a major
Albeniz seguidillas
A ton a technique patterns

Keyboard harmonization and  accompanying skills and pieces I had to play for other students, I think I learned the Dragonetti cello concerto among them

vaniii
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »

Czerny: Op. 821 (Complete)
Bach: 12 Inventions (Complete)
Beethoven: Sonata Op. 13, Sonata Op. 90
Chopin: Nocturne Op. 27, No 1, Etude Op. 10, No. 1 & 3
Schumann: Intermezzo from Op. 26
Rachmaninoff: Prelude Op. 3, No. 2

Edit: I wanted desperately to pass the audition for second-year performance module, so my output was larger than alot of my peers.

visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »

So Op asks an odd question without a reason why or context, and people Reply and no follow up on Thanks by op or more info on what context of question is etc
Op apparently not concerned w having a discussion
This is how you train the forum to ignore or contribute less to your questions in the future

toughbo
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »

That's how it is, I've made several contributions and posts that I thought would be very worth while and not one person bothered even mentioning it. At the same time you see the same crap threads and questions get lots of attention. This is why PS is not my main piano forum anymore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: