Piano Forum logo
November 19, 2017, 05:03:29 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

The One and Only Alfred Brendel

Now retired from the stage and the piano and recently turned 85, Alfred Brendel remains regarded as a serious intellectual with a mischievous sense of humour. In a wonderful 70-minute documentary that reflects his childhood and early influences, Brendel reveals his stature as a performer, expresses his admiration for the work of other artists and shares his views on life and music. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prokofiev Pianoconcerto Nr.2 g-minor +3 C-Major  (Read 260 times)
Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« on: September 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM »

Ok I confess I did this just because I like those two concertos since decades.
And to be clear, for all who not yet know it: I am a "high-tech"-Pianist having studied the Piano quite conventional but using all available digital means on their highes available level to realise Pianorepertoire like these concertos. And I like it  Grin
Here comes the g-minor concerto:
I Andante
II Vivace

* prokofiev-klavierkonzert-2a-andantino.mp3 (23525.68 KB - downloaded 187 times.)
* prokofiev-klavierkonzert-2b-vivace.mp3 (5477.94 KB - downloaded 61 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »

here is the
III Intermezzo allegro moderato

Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »

here is
IV Finale allegro tempetuoso

Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:11:11 PM »

Here is the C-Major-concerto
I Andante

* prokofiev-klavierkonzert-3a-andante.mp3 (20541.52 KB - downloaded 136 times.)

Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »

II Tema andante

* prokofiev-klavierkonzert-3b-tema-andante.mp3 (19156.99 KB - downloaded 27 times.)

Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »

III Allegro ma non troppo

* prokofiev-klavierkonzert-3c-allegro-ma-non-tropppo.mp3 (19728.95 KB - downloaded 32 times.)

lostinidlewonder
PS Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »

Sounds artificial and computerised, you seem quite convinced it's of the highest level of digital computerized music, good on you lol. Remember this thread (https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=35977) where we tried to tell you it's not all that amazing?

"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.facebook.com/groups/348933611793249/
Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

Sorry I just told in the very first Post of this thread, that I just did that for fun and thatI like to do so. What should be wrong with it?
I would strongly recommend you to do likewise things you really like to do. Perhaps this might allow you to react more friendly and tolerant on others in future  Grin

ronde_des_sylphes
PS Silver Member

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 11:01:11 PM »

I don't really have time to look in depth just now, so I tried the Vivace from the G min. In honesty, I prefer the orchestral samples and thought they were reasonably convincing. The piano, less so - there seemed to be a certain lack of resonance in terms of simulating a good grand (perhaps mainly in the higher middle register). Anyway, sorry but I will have to keep it at brief impressions for the time being.

lostinidlewonder
PS Silver Member

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 02:33:23 AM »

Sorry I just told in the very first Post of this thread, that I just did that for fun and thatI like to do so. What should be wrong with it?
I would strongly recommend you to do likewise things you really like to do. Perhaps this might allow you to react more friendly and tolerant on others in future  Grin

I'm being assertive it has nothing to do with being friendly or not. Though if one says that they are producing digital samples of the highest quality as you propose you will have to forgive us when we think differently. Your first post stated nothing about doing it "for fun" but a lot about how high quality your tech "using all available digital means on their highes(t) available level". This is just like you proposed in the past when you first ventured here.

Steffen Fahl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »

"you seem quite convinced it's of the highest level of digital computerized music"
This simply shows "lostinidlewonder" do not read before answering.

To be correct:

The Samplelibraries I use are defiiniitly the samplelibraries of the highest quallity on the market for Orchestrasamplelibraries. I would be very interested if you know any one of higher quality. But if you were no simple poser in this subject, why didn't you easily named those pretended Samplelibraries of  higher quality? Obviously because there are no and you also simply ont know any because you simply have no Idea what you are talking about. OMG.

Instead you simply are not able to make the difference between Instrument (Samplelibnraries) and music (my recordings made with them). I did'nt said anything about the Quality of my work. This is not at all my job to judge. Thats why I leave that always to others (who indeed in the overwhelming majority react very friendly on what I do).

To mistake in such a dumb way what I have written is either simply unfriendly and intolerant if I should not believe that it is simply dull. I am always sorry to see such people talking about and pretending to be interested in such intelligent subjects like classical music.

However If posting things like that is the only thing you build your selfesteem on, than feel free, be sure whatever nonsens you post doesnt matter anything.

lostinidlewonder
PS Silver Member

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »

You are using old technology, one only has to explore audio sampling vs old tech synthesizers. Here is one link to educate you, notice how this piano sounds a billion times better than your version which you proclaim is "using all available digital means on their highes available level". Ignorant or delusional?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: