Piano Forum

Topic: Prokofiev Pianoconcerto Nr.2 g-minor +3 C-Major  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Prokofiev Pianoconcerto Nr.2 g-minor +3 C-Major
on: September 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
Ok I confess I did this just because I like those two concertos since decades.
And to be clear, for all who not yet know it: I am a "high-tech"-Pianist having studied the Piano quite conventional but using all available digital means on their highes available level to realise Pianorepertoire like these concertos. And I like it  ;D
Here comes the g-minor concerto:
I Andante
II Vivace

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Re: Prokofiev Pianoconcerto Nr.2 g-minor +3 C-Major
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 05:06:59 PM
here is the
III Intermezzo allegro moderato

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:35 PM
here is
IV Finale allegro tempetuoso

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:11:11 PM
Here is the C-Major-concerto
I Andante

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:13:04 PM
II Tema andante

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:14:41 PM
III Allegro ma non troppo

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 06:15:38 PM
Sounds artificial and computerised, you seem quite convinced it's of the highest level of digital computerized music, good on you lol. Remember this thread (https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=35977) where we tried to tell you it's not all that amazing?
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 06:29:01 PM
Sorry I just told in the very first Post of this thread, that I just did that for fun and thatI like to do so. What should be wrong with it?
I would strongly recommend you to do likewise things you really like to do. Perhaps this might allow you to react more friendly and tolerant on others in future  ;D

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 11:01:11 PM
I don't really have time to look in depth just now, so I tried the Vivace from the G min. In honesty, I prefer the orchestral samples and thought they were reasonably convincing. The piano, less so - there seemed to be a certain lack of resonance in terms of simulating a good grand (perhaps mainly in the higher middle register). Anyway, sorry but I will have to keep it at brief impressions for the time being.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
Sorry I just told in the very first Post of this thread, that I just did that for fun and thatI like to do so. What should be wrong with it?
I would strongly recommend you to do likewise things you really like to do. Perhaps this might allow you to react more friendly and tolerant on others in future  ;D

I'm being assertive it has nothing to do with being friendly or not. Though if one says that they are producing digital samples of the highest quality as you propose you will have to forgive us when we think differently. Your first post stated nothing about doing it "for fun" but a lot about how high quality your tech "using all available digital means on their highes(t) available level". This is just like you proposed in the past when you first ventured here.
www.pianovision.com

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 03:45:19 PM
"you seem quite convinced it's of the highest level of digital computerized music"
This simply shows "lostinidlewonder" do not read before answering.

To be correct:

The Samplelibraries I use are defiiniitly the samplelibraries of the highest quallity on the market for Orchestrasamplelibraries. I would be very interested if you know any one of higher quality. But if you were no simple poser in this subject, why didn't you easily named those pretended Samplelibraries of  higher quality? Obviously because there are no and you also simply ont know any because you simply have no Idea what you are talking about. OMG.

Instead you simply are not able to make the difference between Instrument (Samplelibnraries) and music (my recordings made with them). I did'nt said anything about the Quality of my work. This is not at all my job to judge. Thats why I leave that always to others (who indeed in the overwhelming majority react very friendly on what I do).

To mistake in such a dumb way what I have written is either simply unfriendly and intolerant if I should not believe that it is simply dull. I am always sorry to see such people talking about and pretending to be interested in such intelligent subjects like classical music.

However If posting things like that is the only thing you build your selfesteem on, than feel free, be sure whatever nonsens you post doesnt matter anything.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 01:04:29 PM
You are using old technology, one only has to explore audio sampling vs old tech synthesizers. Here is one link to educate you, notice how this piano sounds a billion times better than your version which you proclaim is "using all available digital means on their highes available level". Ignorant or delusional?

[/youtube]

Not to bump your thread because you don't deserve that, this is a response to below:

You said: It is great that you finally found exactly the software I am working with since ten years and .....

Response: But funny that your samples have ZERO similarity to the video I have posted, so you are blatantly LYING that it is the EXACT software you are using. Pathetic.
www.pianovision.com

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 11:42:27 PM
You are using old technology, one only has to explore audio sampling vs old tech synthesizers. Here is one link to educate you, notice how this piano sounds a billion times better than your version which you proclaim is "using all available digital means on their highes available level". Ignorant or delusional?
It is great that you finally found exactly the software I am working with since ten years and guess what, even Synthogy does not think as negative about what I am doing with their "technology" if I can trust their companies FB-posting
Visitors to the Synthogy website are long familiar with German Pianist/Composer/Musicologist Steffen Fahl's brilliant Ivory demos. Hear his stunning realization of this amazing work, complete with video for the "clavier à lumières" and Ivory II American Concert D in the role of the soloist.

https://bit.ly/1FeBeSv
see https://www.facebook.com/synthogy/posts/979796835388451 ;D

OK to be fair. for the Prokofiev Concertos I tried the VSL-Bösendorfer hoping it would be easier to combine it with the VSL-Orchestrasamples. And yes I was also not that satisfied with the results so here we go with a new Version of my Prokofiev Concertos 2+3 this time with the beatiful Bechstein-digital which is part of the well know Berlin Pianofactory Bechstein and combined innovative Softwaredevelopment with deep traditional knowledge of the acclaimed Pianofactory Bechstein. So give it another Try

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 01:32:02 AM
And here is Movement III

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 01:33:33 AM
This is Movement IV

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 01:35:28 AM
Her comes the C-Major Concerto I. Movement

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 01:36:30 AM
II. Movement

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 01:37:46 AM
This is the III. Movement
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert