Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2017, 06:41:15 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Grand Style Liszt with Bererzovsky

This CD, a collection of live recordings taken from performances at the Royal Festival Hall and the Festival de la Grange de Meslay, provides yet another example of Boris Berezovsky’s stunning virtuosity and musicality. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paging ahinton: Sorabji questions  (Read 305 times)
pies
PS Silver Member

« on: September 30, 2017, 01:59:30 AM »

Anyone know which piece is being played in the background in this interview excerpt? http://www.cpr.org/classical/story/interview-pianist-jonathan-powell-preps-denver-performance-seven-hour-piece

I'm not referring to the youtube video at the bottom or the full interview at the very top; click on the "Audio: Jonathan Powell Performing A Seven-Hour Piece" link in the middle of the article to hear the excerpt. I assume it's Sorabji.

Question #2: Are there any new Sorabji recordings in the works? What's the status on Tellef's Opus Archimagicum (lol)?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
cimirro
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:13:08 AM »

#1 maybe "Sequentia Cyclica super Dies Irae"?

#2 About recording Opus Archimagicum (not by Tellef) - ask me again in the end of October - even Mr.Hinton will be surprised by my news...  Grin

Best
Artur Cimirro

"Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong."
Winston Churchill
ahinton
PS Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »

Anyone know which piece is being played in the background in this interview excerpt? http://www.cpr.org/classical/story/interview-pianist-jonathan-powell-preps-denver-performance-seven-hour-piece

I'm not referring to the youtube video at the bottom or the full interview at the very top; click on the "Audio: Jonathan Powell Performing A Seven-Hour Piece" link in the middle of the article to hear the excerpt. I assume it's Sorabji.

Question #2: Are there any new Sorabji recordings in the works? What's the status on Tellef's Opus Archimagicum (lol)?
Yes, it is SC and that recording is indeed in the works; I don't have a release date for it yet but it's all ready to go. Fredrik Ullén still has Vols. VI & VII of his survey of the 100 Transcendental Studies to do but, to my knowledge, these have yet to be recorded.

Best,

Alistair

Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive
ahinton
PS Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:32 AM »

#1 maybe "Sequentia Cyclica super Dies Irae"?

#2 About recording Opus Archimagicum (not by Tellef) - ask me again in the end of October - even Mr.Hinton will be surprised by my news...  Grin

Best
Artur Cimirro
Mr Hinton looks forward very much to that news, whatever it might be!

Best,

Alistair

Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive
marro
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 11:58:45 PM »

#2 About recording Opus Archimagicum (not by Tellef) - ask me again in the end of October
Can I ask? What's the status on Cimirro's Opus Archimagicum?
Also question to mr. Hinton, (and possibly others) if he could write if there is any connection to tarot magic, etc of Opus Archimagicum? I am astrologer so I am interested in that aspect of the work too. I haven't seen score of OA btw.
ahinton
PS Gold Member

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 03:52:43 AM »

Also question to mr. Hinton, (and possibly others) if he could write if there is any connection to tarot magic, etc of Opus Archimagicum? I am astrologer so I am interested in that aspect of the work too. I haven't seen score of OA btw.
I don't know the answer to your first question; I wish that I did. As to the second, you might care to peruse the long since defunct website http://www.opusarchimagicum.com/main.html , for all that its apparent ambitions have not been realised.

Best,

Alistair

Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive
cimirro
PS Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 01:33:03 AM »

Will be answered in few days/weeks in a 4 minutes video, I'm just arranging a smartphone and the access to a decent piano to do that.
Sometimes it is necessary to prove things... just some more days... Wink

Best
Artur

"Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong."
Winston Churchill
ahinton
PS Gold Member

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »

Will be answered in few days/weeks in a 4 minutes video, I'm just arranging a smartphone and the access to a decent piano to do that.
Sometimes it is necessary to prove things... just some more days... Wink

Best
Artur
That's perfectly fine, of course. Good luck with this!

Best,

Alistair

Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: