Piano Forum logo
November 19, 2017, 04:50:11 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

How to Prepare for a Piano Competition – an Interview with Mariam Batsashvili

Soon after the 10th International Franz Liszt Competition Utrecht, Piano Street’s guest writer Alexander Buskermolen spoke to its most recent winner: the Georgian 21 year old pianist Mariam Batsashvili. The main theme for this interview with the first female winner of this particular competition in The Netherlands: how to prepare for a competition and what happens if you win? Mariam Batsashvili should know. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty of these pieces  (Read 228 times)
beebert
PS Silver Member

« on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »

Hi all! I wanted to know how hard you would say that Schubert's b-flat major impromptu Op 142 3 is? I hoave been Learning it for a couple of weeks and find it harder than People say it is. To make it all perfect is really hard. It certainly feels harder than the Op 90 impromptus and even harder than 1st mvt of Pathetique IMO.

Also, how would you rate Beethoven's 12th sonata Op 26 and Rachmaninoff Op 32 10 in terms of difficulty? Beethoven compared to other sonatas and Op 32 10 compared to other Rach preludes and etudes
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
outin
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 03:31:02 AM »

To make it all perfect is really hard.

This seems to be true for most music that I play...
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

My summer projects: Scarlatti K87, K466, K109, Scriabin op74 preludes, Chopin Waltz 69-2 and Berceuse. And just exploring more music...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: