Piano Forum

A Massive Glimpse Into Ligetiís Pianistic Universe
Performing Ligetiís complete Etudes is a challenge for any pianist. Young pianist Han Chen has received both attention and glowing reviews for his recording of the entire set for Naxos. We had the opportunity to speak with the pianist after his impressive recital at the Piano Experience in Cremona last fall. Read more >>

Topic: Clementi sonatinas  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Clementi sonatinas
on: October 28, 2017, 01:41:17 AM
I had heard of Clementi but never tried his pieces. Then I encountered this video:

I bought myself a copy of Clementi and I've been reading through it. Really enjoyable music, especially on the clavichord.

Offline tnan123

Re: Clementi sonatinas
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:51 PM
Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Clementi sonatinas
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:42:07 PM
Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!

I actually asked for all three volumes of Clementi's sonatas for Christmas! https://performersedition.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/55185/s/clementi-collected-piano-sonatas/

Hopefully I get them hehe.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert