Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Clementi sonatinas  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Clementi sonatinas
on: October 28, 2017, 01:41:17 AM
I had heard of Clementi but never tried his pieces. Then I encountered this video:

I bought myself a copy of Clementi and I've been reading through it. Really enjoyable music, especially on the clavichord.

Offline tnan123

Re: Clementi sonatinas
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:51 PM
Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Clementi sonatinas
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:42:07 PM
Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!

I actually asked for all three volumes of Clementi's sonatas for Christmas! https://performersedition.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/55185/s/clementi-collected-piano-sonatas/

Hopefully I get them hehe.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert