Piano Forum logo
September 24, 2018, 11:06:03 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

The Battle Between “Il penseroso” and “The Old Arpeggio”

Before the time of television and the internet, live music performances were a primary form of entertainment. Performances were held in private homes, as well as concert halls. Many rivalries formed among pianists and composers. This created a unique angle for entertainment as individuals could then debate the merits of each musician and choose sides. One of the more famous piano duels was held between Franz Liszt and Sigismond Thalberg. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clementi sonatinas  (Read 646 times)
Derek
PS Silver Member

« on: October 28, 2017, 01:41:17 AM »

I had heard of Clementi but never tried his pieces. Then I encountered this video:

https://youtu.be/zZmVeseXE5Y

I bought myself a copy of Clementi and I've been reading through it. Really enjoyable music, especially on the clavichord.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
tnan123
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »

Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!
Derek
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »

Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!

I actually asked for all three volumes of Clementi's sonatas for Christmas! http://performersedition.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/55185/s/clementi-collected-piano-sonatas/

Hopefully I get them hehe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: