Piano Forum logo
November 25, 2017, 11:24:50 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Street on Twitter

Follow us on Twitter to get updated about the classical piano music world: - Bach and beer! - A flaming piano? Lady Gaga goes Scriabin? - Can you tell Mozart, Salieri apart? - How to Play Bach on the Piano - The Classical Music Recording Business - Where does music come from? Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clementi sonatinas  (Read 176 times)
Derek
PS Silver Member

« on: October 28, 2017, 01:41:17 AM »

I had heard of Clementi but never tried his pieces. Then I encountered this video:

https://youtu.be/zZmVeseXE5Y

I bought myself a copy of Clementi and I've been reading through it. Really enjoyable music, especially on the clavichord.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
tnan123
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »

Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!
Derek
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »

Clementi is great and often overlooked after the popular sonatinas which students learn as they progress. He wrote a lot of great keyboard music. I've been working on his Sonata in F sharp minor Op. 26 No. 2 off and on and I would highly recommend a listen to many of his other sonatas as well!

I actually asked for all three volumes of Clementi's sonatas for Christmas! http://performersedition.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/55185/s/clementi-collected-piano-sonatas/

Hopefully I get them hehe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: