Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: Beethoven Kreutzer Sonata (Violin and Piano)  (Read 1628 times)

Offline aaronpetit

• PS Silver Member
VIDEO: Beethoven Kreutzer Sonata (Violin and Piano)
on: January 31, 2018, 02:31:03 AM
See a link to the Kreutzer below.

&feature=youtu.be

I am the pianist and my friend, John is the violinist.
Would love some feed back on anything about the performance.

Thanks,
Aaron

www.aaronpetitpiano.com

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven Kreutzer Sonata (Violin and Piano)
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:40 PM
Very well done!  This is not easy.  The quality of the sound recording was also good.  Piano nicely in tune.  Very enjoyable.  I gave it thumbs up.

If you take requests, how about any of the 3 Brahms or the Franck?

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 12:46:50 AM
Looking at your ages and the fact that this was done live, I would say this is OUTSTANDING!  Congratulations!  I hope you didn't take offence to my requests.  I love these works and I feel that you would be able to play these well with work.

Offline aaronpetit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:31:55 AM
Very well done!  This is not easy.  The quality of the sound recording was also good.  Piano nicely in tune.  Very enjoyable.  I gave it thumbs up.

If you take requests, how about any of the 3 Brahms or the Franck?

Thanks so much. I am glad you enjoyed it.

We both have very busy concert schedules so we don't take requests per se. Be we do plan on playing the Frank in the next couple years anyway. I live in Miami and he lives in Oregon so we only meet up once a year at best. Thanks again for the comment!

-Aaron

Offline thirtytwo2020

Re: VIDEO: Beethoven Kreutzer Sonata (Violin and Piano)
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 01:10:01 PM
Fabulous performance, you are both obviously very talented!

Just wondering why John is standing where he is... I think it makes communication easier if a violinist stands more next to me than in front of me, if you know what I mean.

I think it would be better for you as an ensemble you to have more continuous contact. Where he stands, it seems like for the most part, John turns his back to you. When he doesn't, because he wants to show you his intentions, he turns his back to the audience.

Offline aaronpetit

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO: Beethoven Kreutzer Sonata (Violin and Piano)
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 07:11:31 PM
Fabulous performance, you are both obviously very talented!

Just wondering why John is standing where he is... etc

Thanks for the comment. I am glad you enjoyed it. It was a very crowded stage and we couldn't put him in the usual place The mic placement was hard because it was a life show and we had to suspend recording from the ceiling so that made him have to be farther away from it. It was less than ideal, but it worked. thanks for the feed back :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert