Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: I thought I knew Beethoven...  (Read 2136 times)

Offline hbofinger

• PS Silver Member
I thought I knew Beethoven...
on: February 05, 2019, 11:06:57 PM
Until I got the Rudolf Buchbinder Sonata recordings. Started off with Waldstein, then Op.111.

This guy is unbelievable! Wow! He is easily one of the greatest pianists alive today!

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Re: I thought I knew Beethoven...
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 12:50:36 AM
Never heard of this guy.  So what do I know?  A great Beethoven sound - and this is it!

Just listening to op. 106 Hammerklavier (up to 3rd mvt now). Fantastic Beethoven sound in a live performance.  Great clarity and no-fuss, straightforward, spot-on Beethoven. Here is a link.  I just ordered his complete Beethoven sonatas CD set on Amazon.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Rudolf+Buchbinder+beethoven+youtube&view=detail&mid=40833A5B288C105D513E40833A5B288C105D513E&FORM=VIRE

This is my last post until summer.  Best to all!  :)

Offline vmishka

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 04:58:53 PM
Rudolf Buchbinder is one of my wife's favorite pianists. She is a Professor of Theology at the Angelicum in Rome and she often travels to Vienna or Munich to hear his recitals/concerts. She is going to Graz, Austria to hear him play/conduct all 5 Beethoven Piano Concertos in a few weeks. We also have tickets to see him in Vienna in the first week of June when he will play/conduct two Mozart Piano Concertos and the Beethoven Piano Concerto No 1, Op 15 (which I am working on at the moment).

Offline hbofinger

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 03:02:50 PM
Just listened to his Pathetique. Gripping from the first chord on. Absolutely gripping.

Offline hbofinger

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 03:06:27 PM
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert