Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Juilliard Pre-screening  (Read 2140 times)

Offline lyoder2051

• PS Silver Member
Juilliard Pre-screening
on: November 13, 2019, 03:40:10 AM
Hello All, this is from a while back, and I did end up getting in, but I thought I might share share a quick recording of my Juilliard prescreening-chopin scherzo no 3.
&feature=emb_title

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: Juilliard Pre-screening
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 06:53:54 AM
Exceptional playing well done.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 05:41:41 PM
I enjoyed your bold and artistic playing!
Congrats on getting in to Juilliard, who will you study with?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 04:50:23 AM
Rad. Great stuff man

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 12:24:47 AM
Excellently played ...  you deserve to get into Julliard....  CONGRATULATIONS!!
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 06:55:46 AM
Excellent!

Be careful what you are doing with your shoulders.  You may not feel it now, but by remaining vigilant about what your whole body is doing now, you will thank yourself as you get older. 

Getting Visitor to comment on a Chopin recording as he did is a real compliment.  :D ;D
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 03:26:16 PM
Excellent!

Getting Visitor to comment on a Chopin recording as he did is a real compliment. :D ;D
lol, a case where the playing is exceedingly excellent so merits praise even if i care not so much for the piece/style, or that particular composer as much as others, again, not a Chopin worshipper, i have said before some of his stuff i really do love (Mazurkas, lookin at you, also cello sonata and piano trio), but even when i am not particularly enamored w a certain piece, executed uncommonly well enough, i do enjoy the listen/watch and performance, this is certainly the case here, which yeah would mean the playing was good enough to hold my attention and I liked this lol , :-)

Offline abielikesu

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 07:25:43 PM
Very good. Thanks for sharing.
The joy of music making!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert