Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Well-tempered Clavier, Book 1, complete  (Read 996 times)

Offline johnlewisgrant

• PS Silver Member
Well-tempered Clavier, Book 1, complete
on: July 25, 2020, 01:32:39 AM
I've completed to my satisfaction what might be called a "sound sculpted" reading of Book 1 of Bach's Well-tempered Clavier. The audio is, I think, reasonably good. The whole thing is of course completely free, and without advertising (I sincerely hope none has been added; my purpose is not to make money out of this!) The link below is to a non-classical provider, which boasts reasonably good audio given its maximized, easy-to-upload transfer speeds.

The interpretations are quite "traditional", with particular attention to the "big" fugues of the first Book (eg, C#-minor, F-minor, G#-minor, B-minor, and so on.) My more "off-beat" interpretations are reserved for Bach's lighter preludes (to the extent that that term can be reasonably applied to anything Bach wrote).

https://soundcloud.com/johnlgrant/sets/bach-well-tempered-clavier-bk