Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Excerpts from Tristan und Isolde  (Read 513 times)

Offline jlmap

• PS Silver Member
Excerpts from Tristan und Isolde
on: January 04, 2021, 10:06:42 PM
Hello! As I said in another post, I'm reading a book about Music Form. I'm looking for all the excerpts mentioned in the book. There is one that I'm having problems to find. It is from Wagner's Tristan und Isolde. There is extract from Act III, and 4 themes. They are in the attachments. Does anyone know these passages? Can anyone point to me the moment they happen in a video from youtube?

Thanks a lot!

Offline jlmap

• PS Silver Member
Re: Excerpts from Tristan und Isolde
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:08:35 PM
By the way, the book is "Form in Music", by Steawart Macpherson, available at scribd. I have all the excerpts up to this point, in case anyone is interested.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert