Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Transcendental Etude No. 12 in B flat Minor, "Chasse - neige"  (Read 747 times)

Offline glinka0315

• PS Silver Member
Happy Black Friday! This video was recorded after five months of learning and practice of the piece. Would love to hear any constructive feedback. Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/5x8wcv5LoWM

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Re: Transcendental Etude No. 12 in B flat Minor, "Chasse - neige"
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 09:12:24 PM
Excellent! Really impressive :) You seem to be in good command of the piece and it sounds really good! I feel your phrasing sounds very natural and you play very musically.

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 11:00:44 PM
Very polished, great work! The one thing I wonder about is that at the end of the big scale at 4.33 I think you're a little *too* clean and the whole texture shouldn't entirely disappear into solitary Gbs with the pedal change. It's such a proto-impressionistic work and in terms of depicting the snow maybe a bit of blurring is more effective?

Fantastic playing, in any case.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline glinka0315

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 05:45:12 PM
Very polished, great work! The one thing I wonder about is that at the end of the big scale at 4.33 I think you're a little *too* clean and the whole texture shouldn't entirely disappear into solitary Gbs with the pedal change. It's such a proto-impressionistic work and in terms of depicting the snow maybe a bit of blurring is more effective?

Fantastic playing, in any case.

Thank you for your kind advice! Will definitely give it a try.  :)

Offline glinka0315

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 05:46:49 PM
Excellent! Really impressive :) You seem to be in good command of the piece and it sounds really good! I feel your phrasing sounds very natural and you play very musically.

Thank you! :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert