Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Which Piano?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline layney

• PS Silver Member
Which Piano?
on: February 26, 2005, 06:37:51 PM
I need help finding out which model piano i have....

I am looking to sell it but i need to know what model it is so that i can advertise it correctly. I do not know alot about piano's and i am finding it difficult to find information from the internet about this piano - possibly because i don't know where to look.

It is a Kemble piano which i believe was purchased in 1991-1992, but unfortunately that is all i know.

Can anyone help identify it??

Thanks all,
Layney x

Offline Axtremus

• PS Silver Member
Re: Which Piano?
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 09:24:52 PM
If you cannot find out the specific model number, measure the height and advertise that instead. (E.g., Kemble upright piano, XX inches tall, serial number nnnnnn, oak finish, with practise pedal, last tuned on dd/mm/yy.) Good luck. :)

Offline Michele Felice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 09:32:21 PM
Ax is right on.

It looks like a Kemble upright piano, probably 48 to 52 inches tall (you need to measure; I am judging by the "stickers" on the ends of the keys which are not found on studio pianos  which are about 45 inches tall). It has a continental style case without legs; you need also to specify the type of wood in the case and the finish (polished, satin or oiled). Kembles are well-made European pianos, with a "European" rather than typically American sound. Kemble is part-owned by Yamaha and your piano probably has a Yamaha action.
Piano technician no longer active in the trade.

Offline layney

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 10:14:55 PM
Thanks to you both for your posts...they were both very useful. I do know the serial number (unfortunately it was not very clear in the pictures).
I will measure the piano as you have suggested :)

If you think of anything else which may help in an advert, let me know. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again guys x

Offline iumonito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 01:11:46 AM
the serial number is that number ending in 72 at the top right corner.
 Look here to know the approximate age of teh piano:

https://www.uk-piano.org/kemble/serial_numbers.html
Money does not make happiness, but it can buy you a piano.  :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert