Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: The Pianist-Chopin's A. Spianato & Gr Polonaise op. 22....  (Read 1985 times)

Offline jbmajor

• PS Silver Member
is the most impressive showcasing of musical talent I've seen in any motion picture.  His technique alone is something that makes playing any other instrument look like child's play in comparison.  Was that really Szpilman performing? 

Awestruck, I found myself wishing I was that talented, or at least having the time to try to be.   :'(

Offline orlandopiano

• PS Silver Member
Re: The Pianist-Chopin's A. Spianato & Gr Polonaise op. 22....
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 06:06:27 AM
is the most impressive showcasing of musical talent I've seen in any motion picture.  His technique alone is something that makes playing any other instrument look like child's play in comparison.  Was that really Szpilman performing? 

Awestruck, I found myself wishing I was that talented, or at least having the time to try to be.   :'(

The pianist in that movie is Janusz Olejniczak. For more great playing in a motion picture, check out A Song To Remember and pianist Jose Iturbi, one of the most underrated pianists of the 1st half of the 20th century.

Offline Waldszenen

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 09:34:05 AM

In my opinion, this sequence alone proves that great technique alone won't necessarily give you a name in the music industry.
Fortune favours the musical.

Offline jbmajor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 09:58:24 PM
In my opinion, this sequence alone proves that great technique alone won't necessarily give you a name in the music industry.

Yeah, well, it's all what's popular nowadays. 

Offline Bacfokievrahms

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 05:36:09 AM
I think it may actually relate to his name. His last name is too hard to pronounce consistently. :-(.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert