Piano Forum logo
November 23, 2017, 04:39:13 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Yuja Wang & Prokofiev in Factory Setting

Let’s go to New York City. After letting her finish her coffee we can hear pianist Yuja Wang on the floor at the Steinway and Sons factory playing Prokofiev’s technically demanding Toccata. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rondo Alla Turca.....  (Read 2546 times)
hiscookiemonster

« on: April 13, 2005, 07:39:23 PM »

Ok, I'm new..... Smiley
In about a month I am going to have a recital(nothing big...I am late intermediate). A recital for all the students my teacher teaches.  From the subject you see what I'm playing. Any tips or anything y'all might could give me on playing this piece?   
Well, thanks! HisCookieMonster
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Alla Turca
rafant
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »

Don't play it too fast, to the point of running over the notes. Avoid the temptation of exhibiting virtuosism through speed. I prefer a slower tempo with all the notes well articulated.
Rockitman

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:51:56 PM »

I've played this for quite a while but that terribly hard octave tremelo on the 3rd page is a bear.   I just can't get my right hand to get comfortable on this part and thus it sounds like kaka.    So I usually just play it as regular octaves like elsewhere in the piece.
Any good tips on getting my right hand to play these tremelo octaves comfortably and at tempo?
hiscookiemonster

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 03:39:37 AM »

yes, totally...I injured my right wrist on a gocart Roll Eyes Angry Cry Undecided
So, it was like, a month or two before I Was able to play, and then rondo has been excellent therapy once i was able to play again....once I play it through though, I have to stop...hurst my hand..but it has gotten better......
That part is hard. But I'm geting it slowly.
 Smiley Grin Cool
Cookie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: