Piano Forum

Poll

ballades or scherzi

Ballades
18 (85.7%)
Scherzi
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: chopin  (Read 3635 times)

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
chopin
on: June 02, 2006, 04:59:03 PM
just a bit of fun
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline nicco

• PS Silver Member
Re: chopin
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 05:16:18 PM
both his scherzi and ballades are masterpieces and impossible to compare (for me). One day i love his scherzi more, another day i could die for his ballades. Depends on the mood
"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 05:30:54 PM
fair enough
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 08:45:22 PM
ballades for me, i dont know. i like all ballades and all scherzos, but i just find the scherzo number 2 too overplayed, and too many people not familiar with the classical repetoire know this piece aswell.

Offline alejo_90

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 03:49:16 PM
Ballades for me.

IMO, the fact that a piece is overplayed has nothing to do with liking it or not.

Best
Alex
It's better to make your own mistakes than copy someone else's. - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 04:29:46 PM
i like all of them, but the ballades are just perfect.

a couple of the scherzi are overlong, especially no1, and no2 is a great piece, but it doesnt stand as many repeated hearings as ballade no1 or 4.

scherzos 3 and 4, if played swiftly and with stunning fluidity are perfectly structured and never get boring.

the ones i would like to learn through time - are ballades 1 2 3 4 and scherzi 3 and 4.....

Offline rapmasterb

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 04:59:12 PM
I think the four ballades are some of the finest pieces of music written ... ever. All four of them are stunning. My order of preference is 4123.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert