Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: My pets  (Read 39117 times)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Re: My pets
Reply #50 on: May 19, 2011, 06:04:58 PM
No I didn't know about that forum... I'll look at it when I have time. Thanks!!  8) :) Are you on that forum?  :)

Offline amie_de_chopin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:47 PM
I joined just the other day... :) There is a lot of information, and you can also post pictures etc.  :D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 08:41:28 PM
Well this isn't really my pet of course, but it did come to visit me a few times this summer (well I don't know if it was the same one)... but isn't it huge? And beautiful too!  8)

It was in my room when I took the picture not outside (don't know if you can see that).

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 08:49:14 PM
And this is my cat smelling the flowers again.  :P

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: December 24, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
I know I may seem to have come from the DARK AGES but how do you post a picture here?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: December 24, 2011, 10:06:50 PM
Well you have to upload it to a site like Photobucket. and then when you do you just copy the link that is at the side of the picture and post it here.  :) When I first wanted to upload pictures about 2 years ago I didn't know how either and then I asked and Thal told me.  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: December 24, 2011, 10:15:59 PM
Well this isn't really my pet of course, but it did come to visit me a few times this summer (well I don't know if it was the same one)... but isn't it huge? And beautiful too!  8)

It was in my room when I took the picture not outside (don't know if you can see that).

You are the only person in the World with a pet wasp.

You are such a sweetheart.

Thal

Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: December 24, 2011, 10:24:28 PM
You are the only person in the World with a pet wasp.

You are such a sweetheart.

Thal

Thank you Thal! :) at first I was a little worried but then I saw it wasn't dangerous at all and it was beautiful too! It makes a really loud sound when it's flying...  :) it woke me up the first time when it came to visit me.  :P

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: December 24, 2011, 11:38:01 PM
When I was doing some plumbing outside that type of wasp would stop by. Sometimes in small groups. We became curious about them and learned a ton of facts.

The main fact we learned was they won't attack you if you don't attack them.

The like to nest in small dark spaces so Littletune, if you don't want to have a colony in your room, try to encourage it to stay outside. 
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: December 25, 2011, 12:29:44 AM
Well you have to upload it to a site like Photobucket. and then when you do you just copy the link that is at the side of the picture and post it here.  :) When I first wanted to upload pictures about 2 years ago I didn't know how either and then I asked and Thal told me.  :P

Thanks, LittleTune. I'll go and do that when I have some time. I'd like to share photos of my cat with you.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: December 25, 2011, 01:10:20 AM
When I was doing some plumbing outside that type of wasp would stop by. Sometimes in small groups. We became curious about them and learned a ton of facts.

The main fact we learned was they won't attack you if you don't attack them.

The like to nest in small dark spaces so Littletune, if you don't want to have a colony in your room, try to encourage it to stay outside. 

Thanks Oxy! :) I didn't keep it in my room for a long time... I just opened the window and waited a little and it flew out by itself.  :)

Thanks, LittleTune. I'll go and do that when I have some time. I'd like to share photos of my cat with you.

That will be cool! I can't wait to see your cat!  :)  8)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
My cat, Bangkok
Reply #61 on: December 27, 2011, 12:23:45 AM

I got it! This is my cat, Bangkok. He showed up in our backyard last year in the middle of winter. We were feeding three feral cats then so we fed him too. We caught him in the summer along with seven feral cats and kittens, got them spayed or neutered and adopted him. He is a Siamese mix.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: December 27, 2011, 06:58:08 PM
Oh cool!  8) Your cat is really cute!  :) That's so nice that you adopted him! He's really lucky!  :) We adopted my cat too, she found us when she was a little kitten (and she was sick), so she was really lucky that she found us too! :)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: December 27, 2011, 09:30:15 PM
Thanks, Littletune. I'll post more photos. I'll also post photos of the feral cats that I feed. They're not really pets but I feed them and they visit my cat! And I'll post photos of other animal friends that I feed. I love them all!

Why does your cat wear a jacket? He's cute!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: December 27, 2011, 10:04:17 PM
Ok that's cool!  8) You're really nice to take care of so many animals!  :)

Well we live in the 4th floor so we're afraid she could fall... so she is on a leash when she's outside. And of course if she had a collar that would be dangerous so she wears this... and it was also still pretty cold then so it also keeps her warm a little. :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:57 PM
Here are the birdies the were nesting in our apartment building this summer... you can't see them so well cause I was afraid I would scare them if I came to close to take a picture... but you can still see them (there are two little ones, the parents are not in the nest in this picture) they're sooo cute!! And now I see these kind of birds a lot of times... and when I see them around our apartment building I'm always thinking if that's them... and some time ago I saw one bird (that seemed a little smaller to me) exactly in the place where the little bird and the parents went after they first flew out of the nest! And I had a feeling that maybe that was that little bird.  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: December 28, 2011, 08:26:58 PM
I am very happy that the little birds made it this time! :) I can't see them in this picture but that doesn't matter, of course, as they are alive  :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: December 28, 2011, 08:36:43 PM
That looks like a very comfy nest.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Chicks
Reply #68 on: December 29, 2011, 07:35:12 PM
Yes, I can see the little chicks. They're kind of fuzzy golden in color. How sweet! Here's another photo of our cat, Bangkok. He likes to play on the steps and he loves the teasers. He wears them out so fast I now buy them from EBay!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: December 29, 2011, 09:51:26 PM
I am very happy that the little birds made it this time! :) I can't see them in this picture but that doesn't matter, of course, as they are alive  :)

:) Here I tried to change the colours in the picture so that it would be easier to see the birds and I made a line around them, maybe you can see them better now...

can you see the yellow beak?

That looks like a very comfy nest.

Thal

Yes it does :)

Candlelightpiano your cat is really cute in this picture! :) Really cool!  8) You can see he's having fun! :)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Bangkok
Reply #70 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:20 AM
Thanks, Littletune! Yes, Bangkok loves to play, always on a step. He's a funny boy. I can see the tiny beak in your photo now. Here's another photo of him. He had surgery for his eye. That's why he's missing some hair on his chest and leg.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: December 31, 2011, 09:07:43 PM
Oh he has such a cute smart face!!  :) I hope his eye is ok now! My doggy had to have surgery too (3 months ago).

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: January 01, 2012, 05:42:14 AM
Some of my friends tell me that he doesn't have a "cat" face! He doesn't have HUGE eyes, for one thing. I always wonder if he was mixed with a pug! After his surgery last year (December 2010), his eye was okay for one year but just a few weeks ago, he had to have surgery on the same eye again! He's better again now. Happy New Year to you, LittleTune!

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: January 01, 2012, 06:23:34 PM
He does have a cat face. Those people who think he doesn't haven't known many cats. It is true he has many different ancestors, but that's what a cat is all about and gives each of them that distinct look.

Happy New Year Everyone!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #74 on: January 01, 2012, 06:37:56 PM
Hi Littletune, yes now I see a beak :)

Offline minor9th

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: January 01, 2012, 07:05:49 PM

The perspective makes it look like some sort of horror/sci-fi movie!  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 09:16:47 PM
Some of my friends tell me that he doesn't have a "cat" face! He doesn't have HUGE eyes, for one thing. I always wonder if he was mixed with a pug! After his surgery last year (December 2010), his eye was okay for one year but just a few weeks ago, he had to have surgery on the same eye again! He's better again now. Happy New Year to you, LittleTune!
I'm really glad he's better again! Happy New Year to you too and to your pets! :)  :)

The perspective makes it look like some sort of horror/sci-fi movie!  :)

Yes I know! :P Like it's this giant bug as big as an airplane or something!  :)  :P

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: January 06, 2012, 03:37:55 AM
He does have a cat face. Those people who think he doesn't haven't known many cats. It is true he has many different ancestors, but that's what a cat is all about and gives each of them that distinct look.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks. I love his face. He has a unique looking face and he's so cuddly and his meows are  delicate and sweet.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: January 06, 2012, 03:42:43 AM
Here's a photo of Smokey. Smokey is a feral cat. He showed up in our backyard last summer when he was a 4 month old kitten. We trapped him and had him neutered but had to release him because he was too wild to be tamed and put up for adoption. One week after we released him, we got a call from the Humane Society saying that someone else had caught him! When we got him neutered, we also had him tattoed. So we had to pick him up and release him again! He's doing fine now and loves to play in our backyard with his two siblings. He likes to come up to the deck to say hello to Bangkok.

Littletune: I hope your doggy's eye is fine now.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #79 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:59 PM
note this is not me but i felt this was a neat viddy and appropriate for the 'pet thread' i think this little african grey is so cute, and has good taste, i mean can you knock a bird, or any critter for liking and grooving on kapustin?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: January 06, 2012, 04:49:21 PM
Oh this bird is really cool and cute!!  8)  :) Thanks for posting it!

Here's a photo of Smokey. Smokey is a feral cat. He showed up in our backyard last summer when he was a 4 month old kitten. We trapped him and had him neutered but had to release him because he was too wild to be tamed and put up for adoption. One week after we released him, we got a call from the Humane Society saying that someone else had caught him! When we got him neutered, we also had him tattoed. So we had to pick him up and release him again! He's doing fine now and loves to play in our backyard with his two siblings. He likes to come up to the deck to say hello to Bangkok.

Littletune: I hope your doggy's eye is fine now.

Smokey is really cute too!  :)
Thank you! My doggy didn't have surgery on her eye she had a surgery in her belly because she had infection in her uterus and even some cysts... so then they removed all of that and she is now feeling much better than before! :) Thanks! :)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #81 on: January 06, 2012, 07:36:54 PM
The gray parrot has better pitch than I do! That boy is a very good pianist! He and his parrot can play better than me!

LittleTune: I'm happy to hear that your doggy is well now.

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bangkok
Reply #82 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:18 PM
dignity, love and joy.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #83 on: January 06, 2012, 09:29:28 PM
Thanks! We love Bangkok very much! He's the darling of the family.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
VIDEO OF BANGKOK
Reply #84 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:43 PM
Hi LittleTune:

Here's a videoclip of Bangkok playing with his undercover mouse when we first bought it for him. These days, he's not as interested because he's got other toys but sometimes when I bring it out for him, he'll play with it again. He has also moved from his favorite step on the staircase to the foyer step and now, he'll leap over the bottom shelf of our end table to play at the foyer. He's a very playful boy.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: January 12, 2012, 09:32:52 PM
Thank you for the video!! That is really really cute!!!  :)  8) My cat got a cat tree (for climbing) for Christmas! And today she went on the highest part for the first time and was playing with a thing that is hanging from there! My mum took a picture, we should make a video too cause it was really cute!!  :P When I'll have the picture I'll post it!  :) Thanks for the video! Say hi to Bangkok!  8)

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #86 on: January 13, 2012, 07:06:40 AM
Hi,
I'm glad that many of you have/love cats!!! I'm fond of them..and yours are BEAUTIFUL!!! (Bankok, Smokey, etc.)

Here is my cat Felipe (he, too,was a stray cat, we adopted him this summer).
He has odd musical tastes, hates Chopin  :-[, is mesmerized by Bach and Debussy...

Margherita

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:14 PM
Felipe yawns...

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #88 on: January 13, 2012, 01:23:13 PM
Birba and Jackie

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #89 on: January 13, 2012, 02:24:35 PM
Wow cool!  8) thanks everyone for posting pictures of your pets!!! They're all so cute and funny (that yawn picture is really funny :) ).

Oh Birba you really have a dog named Birba? that's so cool!  :)  8)

I have to find some more pictures of my pets too!!

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #90 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:39 PM
Thank you for the video!! That is really really cute!!!  :)  8) My cat got a cat tree (for climbing) for Christmas! And today she went on the highest part for the first time and was playing with a thing that is hanging from there! My mum took a picture, we should make a video too cause it was really cute!!  :P When I'll have the picture I'll post it!  :) Thanks for the video! Say hi to Bangkok!  8)

I'll do that (say hi to Bangkok) and I'm glad you liked the video.

Birba: Your doggies are cute! It's funny that one of them is named Birba! I had a feeling it was an Italian word so I looked it up on Google Translate and now I know what Birba means!  ;D

Margherita: Felipe has so many teeth - all the more to eat you? Just kidding.  :D

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #91 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:09 PM
Oh right!  Now you know where my pseudonym comes from.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #92 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:48 PM
Felipe also has really big beautiful eyes! :)
Yes I looked in dictionary what Birba means too some time ago already.  :P
I'm now uploading pictures of my dog's last year's birthday to Photobucket... and I'll post them, she had a cake and presents and everything!  :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #93 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:13 PM
Here these are pictures from my doggy's last year's birthday! :)

here's also my cat:

my doggy eating her birthday cake:
opening her presents (she really LOVES opening presents):
my cat again :)

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #94 on: January 13, 2012, 07:51:07 PM
Birba, birbante, monello....Yes, yoiu couldn't have choosen a better nickname!!! I suspect that you are really a birba, like your beautiful dog!!!

To Littletune: great photo!!! And Felipe thanks you for the compliment... you know how vain are these litte, adorable pets!!!

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #95 on: January 13, 2012, 08:11:04 PM
Oh right!  Now you know where my pseudonym comes from.

Yes indeed! I also found a new place in a town where I often visit who also uses your nickname. I will walk over on my next visit and toast you with an adult beverage. They have Peroni on tap! www.birbaps.com

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #96 on: January 13, 2012, 08:44:33 PM
Yes indeed! I also found a new place in a town where I often visit who also uses your nickname. I will walk over on my next visit and toast you with an adult beverage. They have Peroni on tap! www.birbaps.com
Hihi  :D :) cool!  8)  :P

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #97 on: January 13, 2012, 08:47:57 PM
Oh right!  Now you know where my pseudonym comes from.

Yes, and it's so very cute! BUT you're not a birba! You're too nice for that. I'M more of a birba than you!  ;D

Littletune: Your doggy's birthday was cute. Was that a real cake or a cake made with dog food?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #98 on: January 13, 2012, 08:50:43 PM

Littletune: Your doggy's birthday was cute. Was that a real cake or a cake made with dog food?

No it was a real cake, just made with things that dogs can eat too... like with fresh cheese and things like that.  :)  :P

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #99 on: January 15, 2012, 04:56:58 PM
We should celebrate Bangkok's birthday but we don't know when he was born as he was a stray. And if we made him a cake, it would have to be made with cat food or tuna. Bangkok doesn't like people food except canned tuna. He's quite fussy about his food. How about your cat? What's his name? Is he fussy about his food?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert