Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Predictions? 4/21/2016-4/20/2017  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Predictions? 4/21/2016-4/20/2017
on: April 21, 2016, 11:06:48 PM
Oops.  Forgot another half year or so again.
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=56009.0
 ::)

Did anyone have Prince?
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/04/21/medical-situation-paisley-park/

That's what I came back to check.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Predictions? 4/21/2016-4/20/2017
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 11:21:04 PM
I'm going to go with....

Madonna.  She'll go.  Pop music, drugs... add a little aging.

I predict... Summer 2016 will be the hottest on record.  Winter 2016/2017 the coldest.  No surprise there.

And... A pianostreet member will go a little nuts and reveal their real name.   (Hopefully not me.)

Continued garbage in the middle east.

It's a voting year, isn't it?  I'll predict Hillary Clinton, along with a divide in the US over that.

Economically, for the US, how about a student loan bubble starting to burst?  Save that for early 2017 though.

Looking at my previous predictions.  I'll throw Paul McCartney dies in again this year.

It's an Olympic year too, but I'm not coming up with anything.

How about the Zika virus spreading into the US and Canada and causing more concerns there?  No huge surprise there.

(It's quite a prediction if you just keep predicting it year after year though....)   I'll go with a first person shooter, streamed live on the internet and people will watch, from the shooter perspective though.

How about... We learn that Russian has been monitoring electronic communication in the US.  The US get pissed about that of course.

And some kind of artistic work, like a book or piece of music, that's fairly popular will be discovered to have been written by a computer.  Basically created by AI but packaged up by a human to trick people.  Then sold and it makes a profit.

And throw in Dolly Parton.  She'll go too.  Madonna, McCartney, and Dolly Parton.

And now Nils has locked the ability to modify posts, so these will be set after people post here.

Oh yeah.  I predict Nils will restore the modify button.   ::) :P

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 10:09:56 AM

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 11:56:01 PM

Oh yeah.  I predict Nils will restore the modify button.   ::) :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 10:37:57 PM
I'm going to say... Trump will be elected President this fall.  Enough people won't like Hillary Clinton, but enough will go along with Trump.

And I'll further predict that Trump will be a mediocre president.  He won't actually get much of anything done.  And the next round, a Democrat will get voted in because the Republican party will have gone downhill or split more.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:55:35 PM
I'm going to say... Trump will be elected President this fall.  Enough people won't like Hillary Clinton, but enough will go along with Trump.

And I'll further predict that Trump will be a mediocre president.  He won't actually get much of anything done.  And the next round, a Democrat will get voted in because the Republican party will have gone downhill or split more.

At this time, I'm going to have to disagree with you Bob.  The below link shows AS OF MY TYPING THIS that Clinton will be president with 72.2% probability and Trump will be president with 23.3% probability.

I take this betting sites probabilities very seriously. I would bet on Clinton at this point IF given 50/50 odds.  ;)

https://electionbettingodds.com/

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 12:39:17 AM
I haven't checked the data itself, but isn't Trump disliked by a majority of Representatives and Senators? Even if Trump does win the popular vote, I highly doubt the electoral college will resign their sanity.

Anyways, American politics are pretty much a joke.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:00 AM
I haven't checked the data itself, but isn't Trump disliked by a majority of Representatives and Senators? Even if Trump does win the popular vote, I highly doubt the electoral college will resign their sanity.

Q: I haven't checked the data itself, but isn't Trump disliked by a majority of Representatives and Senators? - A: I believe you are correct.

Q: Even if Trump does win the popular vote, I highly doubt the electoral college will resign their sanity. - A: Are you implying that supporters of Trump are insane?  Just kidding!  

Q: Anyways, American politics are pretty much a joke. - A: Perhaps it has been in recent years.  Depends on your definition of "joke".

To keep all calm for now, I say listen to the gamblers lol!  They take into account: poles polls, what pundits say,  their view on the electability of a candidate based on recent comments made by the candidates, their estimation of the probability of criminal indictment, etc., etc.  :)  ;)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 01:39:26 AM
Nuclear explosions! Natural disasters, death, death!!! Deeeeaaaatttthhhhhh!

American politics is all smokes and mirrors, just look at how their votes are counted. Democracy? Hahahah ahahahahaha....... No wait...... Bbbabaahahahahahahahahahha!
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 01:47:51 AM
I am so happy that Hillary did so good in the primaries and clinched the nomination! It is so good to finally see a woman become the strongest presidential candidate in the US. I am looking forward to November. I am pretty positive about the result. Even though many feel like if she can't be trusted I personally am sure she is the most competent and fit to tackle presidency.
I have to say it that Bernie is just being really ridiculous now acting so desperately and not being able to recognize the right moment to step back with pride. So pathetic.
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 01:51:04 AM
I am so happy that Hillary did so good in the primaries and clinched the nomination! It is so good to finally see a woman become the strongest presidential candidate in the US. I am looking forward to November. I am pretty positive about the result. Even though many feel like if she can't be trusted I personally am sure she is the most competent and fit to tackle presidency.
I have to add it that Bernie is just being really ridiculous now acting so desperately and not being able to recognize the right moment to step back with pride. So pathetic.

THANK YOU!!  :)

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 01:54:17 AM
Kawaii, you're American? Thought you were European.

Lol George that website of yours is pretty awesome. I knew the odds were against Bernie since the start but d a m n by THAT much, lmao.

Anyways, screw first female president. Waiting for first STEM degree president. Tired of being governed by lawyers XD
Did you know that Angela Merkel has a phD in physical chemistry?!?!?!? Don't care how old your are, women with phDs are hot.

Offline briansaddleback

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:44 AM
Kawai is from another planet.

The way she is built she doesn't follow biological rules given to human beings here.
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca

Offline iansinclair

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 02:18:11 AM
Since we seem to be concentrating on the US, I'll throw in another country to see what happens.  I predict a Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn becomes Prime Minister, the Scots vote to secede, and both the UK and European economies collapse completely.
Ian

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 02:27:06 AM
fall of west rise of imperialist china

I submit to my new chinese overloards

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:53 AM
Lol George that website of yours is pretty awesome. I knew the odds were against Bernie since the start but d a m n by THAT much, lmao.

You probably know more about American politics than most Americans lol.  We just had a big primary election yesterday and Hillary did great and has now just clinched the Democratic nomination.  The betting website is run by 2 well known Republican supporters but the site is completely neutral (except for the pictures of the candidates?)

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 03:54:40 AM
Unfortunately, the argument of Trump being too offensive or too unlikeable hasn't stopped anything he's done yet. He completely swept the Republican nomination board, when after he started liberals and democrats and even other Republicans kept predicting that he'd die off in a couple of weeks.
I am so happy that Hillary did so good in the primaries and clinched the nomination!
Nobody has formally "clinched" the nomination, nor can they; nobody can win enough pledged delegates at this point. The only way she wins is when you count superdelegates; which, to be fair, she will undoubtedly gain the votes of. She's going to win, a potential FBI indictment notwithstanding, but to say that she's "clinched" the nomination isn't true (especially when media outlets were calling it the day BEFORE California)

It is so good to finally see a woman become the strongest presidential candidate in the US.
Firstly, "strongest presidential candidate" my arse. Trump unfortunately has proven that he is FAR better at rallying voters (specifically younger voters and political independents) than Clinton could ever be, and that is often the deciding factor in a general.
Secondly, I'm all for equal representation of women in politics, but WHY did the first female candidate have to be one who voted for Iraq, the PATRIOT Act, lobbied for the TPP 45+ times, supported NAFTA and Keystone XL (until Bernie forced her to flip)?
I'd love to have a female president; but I'd prefer that she not be a center-right effective neo conservative. Read: Jill Stein.

I am looking forward to November. I am pretty positive about the result. Even though many feel like if she can't be trusted I personally am sure she is the most competent and fit to tackle presidency.
And do what with it? She's already said she wants a far more 'muscular' foreign policy. So, my confidence in her to handle whatever foreign affairs we need are horrendously low. She has experience, yes; but it is experience exercising a horrible sense of judgement.
I have to say it that Bernie is just being really ridiculous now acting so desperately and not being able to recognize the right moment to step back with pride. So pathetic.
That you cannot accept a viable candidate wanting to fight until the very end is simply pathetic. In what way has Bernie been acting "despserately" by keeping his earlier promise to stay in until the day of the convention?

While I agree with the latter statement, it doesn't really matter if the majority of Representatives or Senators or whatever establishment insiders dislike him; he's winning votes by such a landslide that they would be thrown out on their asses if they were to deny him that.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 04:20:23 AM
Unfortunately, the argument of Trump being too offensive or too unlikeable hasn't stopped anything he's done yet. He completely swept the Republican nomination board, when after he started liberals and democrats and even other Republicans kept predicting that he'd die off in a couple of weeks. Nobody has formally "clinched" the nomination, nor can they; nobody can win enough pledged delegates at this point. The only way she wins is when you count superdelegates; which, to be fair, she will undoubtedly gain the votes of. She's going to win, a potential FBI indictment notwithstanding, but to say that she's "clinched" the nomination isn't true (especially when media outlets were calling it the day BEFORE California)
 Firstly, "strongest presidential candidate" my arse. Trump unfortunately has proven that he is FAR better at rallying voters (specifically younger voters and political independents) than Clinton could ever be, and that is often the deciding factor in a general.
Secondly, I'm all for equal representation of women in politics, but WHY did the first female candidate have to be one who voted for Iraq, the PATRIOT Act, lobbied for the TPP 45+ times, supported NAFTA and Keystone XL (until Bernie forced her to flip)?
I'd love to have a female president; but I'd prefer that she not be a center-right effective neo conservative. Read: Jill Stein.

And do what with it? She's already said she wants a far more 'muscular' foreign policy. So, my confidence in her to handle whatever foreign affairs we need are horrendously low. She has experience, yes; but it is experience exercising a horrible sense of judgement.That you cannot accept a viable candidate wanting to fight until the very end is simply pathetic. In what way has Bernie been acting "despserately" by keeping his earlier promise to stay in until the day of the convention?While I agree with the latter statement, it doesn't really matter if the majority of Representatives or Senators or whatever establishment insiders dislike him; he's winning votes by such a landslide that they would be thrown out on their asses if they were to deny him that.

I like Bernie and I would vote for him without ANY hesitation if he were the nominee. Will/would you vote for Hillary if Obama and Bernie both endorse her?  

Also, consider this example: You look at all the commonalities (weighted by importance) comparing Bernie to Hillary and conclude their ideas are 70% in common.  For fun: Comparing Bernie with Ted Cruz they have 5% in common. Comparing Bernie with Trump they have 20% in common.  

Some might say: “If I can’t have 100% then I don’t care if I get 70%, 20% or 5%.”  Sounds a little like a 5 year old?  Just asking.

What percent commonalities do you assign between the following:
Bernie and Hillary?
Bernie and Trump?
Bernie and Cruz?

EDIT: If your %'s are way off from my suggested %'s, this could be a topic of discussion.  Also, if Bernie and Obama both endorse Hillary, that will also need to be looked at in this discussion.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 05:19:33 PM
I like Bernie and I would vote for him without ANY hesitation if he were the nominee. Will/would you vote for Hillary if Obama and Bernie both endorse her?  
Only as the alternative to Trump. She's better than him but not good by any means.
Also, consider this example: You look at all the commonalities (weighted by importance) comparing Bernie to Hillary and conclude their ideas are 70% in common.  For fun: Comparing Bernie with Ted Cruz they have 5% in common. Comparing Bernie with Trump they have 20% in common.  
Ignoring your made up statistics, especially those of Bernie vs Hillary, the reason I have to hold my nose and have a stiff drink voting for Hillary is because she voted for basically everything I hate. War in Iraq, Patriot Act, NAFTA, TPP, Keystone XL, Repealing of Glass Stegall, for the trade deal with Panama which just created tax havens, etc.
Some might say: “If I can’t have 100% then I don’t care if I get 70%, 20% or 5%.”  Sounds a little like a 5 year old?  Just asking.
I agree. But the issue is more that Hillary Clinton will not listen to her constituents over her donors.
What percent commonalities do you assign between the following:
Bernie and Hillary?
Bernie and Trump?
Bernie and Cruz?

EDIT: If your %'s are way off from my suggested %'s, this could be a topic of discussion.  Also, if Bernie and Obama both endorse Hillary, that will also need to be looked at in this discussion.

The percentages are impossible to objectively gauge.
Why would I care if Obama endorses Hillary (which he basically already has)? He employed her and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. He's also a corporatist, establishment Democrat. I like him, but he's got his own list of issues too. Bernie has already said that he would not endorse her nor tell his supporters what to do in either direction.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 05:45:11 PM
Only as the alternative to Trump. She's better than him but not good by any means.Ignoring your made up statistics, especially those of Bernie vs Hillary, the reason I have to hold my nose and have a stiff drink voting for Hillary is because she voted for basically everything I hate. War in Iraq, Patriot Act, NAFTA, TPP, Keystone XL, Repealing of Glass Stegall, for the trade deal with Panama which just created tax havens, etc.I agree. But the issue is more that Hillary Clinton will not listen to her constituents over her donors.The percentages are impossible to objectively gauge.
Why would I care if Obama endorses Hillary (which he basically already has)? He employed her and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. He's also a corporatist, establishment Democrat. I like him, but he's got his own list of issues too. Bernie has already said that he would not endorse her nor tell his supporters what to do in either direction.

I admire your point by point answers!

You say you will/would vote for Hillary only as the alternative to Trump. She's better than him but not good by any means.  I say: Great!  

You say “The percentages are impossible to objectively gauge.”  I say: Can’t you try to ball-park it?  Maybe you would say compared to Sanders: Clinton is 40%, Trump is 20%, Cruz is 5%?   Here is a more precise method.  You can do this in a spreadsheet.  List the top 10 issues in importance to you then assign a percentage of importance to each issue so the sum of the 10 issues add to 100%.  Example, the biggest issue to you is entitlements and you decide to assign this 30% importance.  You see that Hillary and Bernie are 80% in common on this issue, so for that issue you assign 30%*80%=24% commonality points.  Do that for the remaining 9 issues then add all the commonality points together - the result is their "commonality percentage" that I suggest is 70%.  (Can you tell that I am a math nerd lol?) They may have more in common than you think!

Here is my biggest concern about Bernie.  He is on the far left of the spectrum.  Cruz is on the far right.  As you know, we are a very large, complex and diverse nation.  As such, COMPROMISE is a very important part of American politics.  You know that Cruz views “compromise” to be a dirty word.  2 cases with Sanders:  1) He is unwilling to compromise on anything – then in a very important way he is the SAME as Cruz and will likely rip this county in two. 2) He is willing to compromise.  Then his results may be very similar to what Hillary is trying to do.  What say you my good friend?

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 06:12:10 PM
You say “The percentages are impossible to objectively gauge.”  I say: Can’t you try to ball-park it?  Maybe you would say compared to Sanders: Clinton is 40%, Trump is 20%, Cruz is 5%?   Here is a more precise method.  You can do this in a spreadsheet.  List the top 10 issues in importance to you then assign a percentage of importance to each issue so the sum of the 10 issues add to 100%.  Example, the biggest issue to you is entitlements and you decide to assign this 30% importance.  You see that Hillary and Bernie are 80% in common on this issue, so for that issue you assign 30%*80%=24% commonality points.  Do that for the remaining 9 issues then add all the commonality points together - the result is their "commonality percentage" that I suggest is 70%.  (Can you tell that I am a math nerd lol?) They may have more in common than you think!
I don't currently have the time to do so; I will try to do something like that this weekend or something.
Here, however, are a list of issues on which they do NOT agree, or did not agree with in the past (for as much as Hillary's apologies are issued, I can't believe her on a single one with how much corporate money she takes), just off the top of my head:
- War in Iraq
- Defense of Marriage Act (anti gay marriage bill which she was for until 2013)
- Death Penalty
- Repealing of Glass Stegall (She was for it, Bernie against it)
- Trans Pacific Partnership, which she lobbied for 45 times
- NAFTA, another horrible free trade deal
- Police brutality/monitoring
- NSA Surveillance
- Corporate welfare
- Corporate taxes/tax evasion (Hillary was directly involved with the Panama Papers)
- Breaking up/harder regulations on Wall Street
Here is my biggest concern about Bernie.  He is on the far left of the spectrum.  Cruz is on the far right.  As you know, we are a very large, complex and diverse nation.
Not as much as you might think. Look at opinion polls; the overwhelming majority of even Republicans want clean elections and background checks for purchasing of weapons, and the majority of Americans want universal education & healthcare, detest NSA spying, want higher taxes on the rich, etc.
The only reason Republicans are still around is because they know very well how to sell ideas to where people will like you just enough to keep you in office.

As such, COMPROMISE is a very important part of American politics.  You know that Cruz views “compromise” to be a dirty word.  2 cases with Sanders:  1) He is unwilling to compromise on anything – then in a very important way he is the SAME as Cruz and will likely rip this county in two. 2) He is willing to compromise.  Then his results may be very similar to what Hillary is trying to do.  What say you my good friend?
That as president, he would HAVE to compromise somewhere. But he would fight much, MUCH harder for what he believes than Hillary would or Obama did. Both of them concede up front; case in point, Obamacare. Obama said that, had the votes been there, he would've preferred single payer. As it turns out, they were, but he came to the table with an idea taken straight from the Heritage Foundation (a right wing think tank) which they proposed under Nixon as an alternative to single payer.
While Bernie undoubtedly won't get everything he wants, he'll get a lot more done than Hillary.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 06:28:40 PM
Just seeing your post now.  Looks great after a glance. I will get back to you within 1 hour.  No rush in your responding, and responding is ALWAYS optional.  :)

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20:20 PM
I don't currently have the time to do so; I will try to do something like that this weekend or something.
Here, however, are a list of issues on which they do NOT agree, or did not agree with in the past (for as much as Hillary's apologies are issued, I can't believe her on a single one with how much corporate money she takes), just off the top of my head:
- War in Iraq
- Defense of Marriage Act (anti gay marriage bill which she was for until 2013)
- Death Penalty
- Repealing of Glass Stegall (She was for it, Bernie against it)
- Trans Pacific Partnership, which she lobbied for 45 times
- NAFTA, another horrible free trade deal
- Police brutality/monitoring
- NSA Surveillance
- Corporate welfare
- Corporate taxes/tax evasion (Hillary was directly involved with the Panama Papers)
- Breaking up/harder regulations on Wall StreetNot as much as you might think. Look at opinion polls; the overwhelming majority of even Republicans want clean elections and background checks for purchasing of weapons, and the majority of Americans want universal education & healthcare, detest NSA spying, want higher taxes on the rich, etc.
The only reason Republicans are still around is because they know very well how to sell ideas to where people will like you just enough to keep you in office.
 That as president, he would HAVE to compromise somewhere. But he would fight much, MUCH harder for what he believes than Hillary would or Obama did. Both of them concede up front; case in point, Obamacare. Obama said that, had the votes been there, he would've preferred single payer. As it turns out, they were, but he came to the table with an idea taken straight from the Heritage Foundation (a right wing think tank) which they proposed under Nixon as an alternative to single payer.
While Bernie undoubtedly won't get everything he wants, he'll get a lot more done than Hillary.

You say: I don't currently have the time to do so; I will try to do something like that this weekend or something.

Great IF you have time!

You say: I can't believe her on a single one with how much corporate money she takes.

With that reasoning, Donald Trump would be a great president since he is new to politics and has been self-funding.  TRY to not allow her corporate money to over influence your thinking.  Obama took in lots of corporate $ and I don’t think it influenced his policy.  Example: Dodd-Frank act.

Just grabbing one on your list that I have actually thought about not too much: Police brutality/monitoring.  To me, the most important PRACTICAL thing that can be done is mandatory police body cameras, and I believe Clinton is for this.  As you look at issues, you need to consider that Hillary may be forming opinions based on what can ACTUALLY be done and enacted in law, as opposed to what would ideally be done.  Look at her website to see how she feels about matters, don’t only look at past voting and consider that some votes she made may have been done as a compromise.

You say: Not as much as you might think. Look at opinion polls; the overwhelming majority of even Republicans want clean elections and background checks for purchasing of weapons, and the majority of Americans want universal education & healthcare, detest NSA spying, want higher taxes on the rich, etc.

Getting these passed into LAW with the current make-up of congress is impossible at this time. Bernie is as far left as Cruz is far right in my current opinion listening to discussions on Fox news, CNN and MSNBC, etc, etc.  I listen to all sides. Listening only to MSNBC, I may have a different opinion.  Again, I would vote for Bernie without ANY hesitation of he were the nominee.

You say: The only reason Republicans are still around is because they know very well how to sell ideas to where people will like you just enough to keep you in office.

Fact is I believe Republicans and Republican ideas (not counting Trump) will be around and a very significant force for many years to come.  Our country is greatly divided at this point and we need to keep from growing further apart.  

You say: That as president, he would HAVE to compromise somewhere. But he would fight much, MUCH harder for what he believes than Hillary would or Obama did.

I have little doubt that Ted Cruz is as passionate about his ideas for saving our country as Bernie Sanders is about his ideas.  What if Ted Cruz were president and we use your wording but with NAMES CHANGED:

That as president, TED CRUZ would HAVE to compromise somewhere. But he would fight much, MUCH harder for what he believes than Jeb Bush or John Kasich.

How would Ted Cruz fight much, MUCH harder to actually get his way?  He might shut down the government.  After all, he is correct in his thinking and this is for the good of our country.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 07:29:19 PM
My last post is done and will not be edited.   ;)

EDIT to this post:

SORRY! I missed 2 items:  ;)
You say: Both of them concede up front; case in point, Obamacare. Obama said that, had the votes been there, he would've preferred single payer. As it turns out, they were, but he came to the table with an idea taken straight from the Heritage Foundation (a right wing think tank) which they proposed under Nixon as an alternative to single payer.

Republicans are extremely angry with Obamacare as it is.  The first thing they say is that they will repeal it.  Did you consider that Obama was may have been hoping to create LESS ANGER by choosing this compromise?  Maybe Obama felt that the last thing we need is even more anger than we have in our country. Perhaps Obama felt that after we give our country time to accept Obamacare, the next step of going to a single payer system can be done with less anger created.    

You say: While Bernie undoubtedly won't get everything he wants, he'll get a lot more done than Hillary.

This is a matter of opinion.  The Democratic voters as a whole perhaps believe otherwise.  
This is hard to predict.  Let's give Hillary a chance assuming she becomes president.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 10:31:43 PM
Hey.  Just predictions, not discussion or debate.  I made my prediction.  Go make another thread for debate and discussion.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 10:43:36 PM
Hey.  Just predictions, not discussion or debate.  I made my prediction.  Go make another thread for debate and discussion.

If someone wants to start a new thread, I'll be happy to continue the discussion for a short period of time.  Sorry Bob.  Happy predicting.

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 05:24:23 PM
I'm going to say... Trump will be elected President this fall.  Enough people won't like Hillary Clinton, but enough will go along with Trump.

And I'll further predict that Trump will be a mediocre president.  He won't actually get much of anything done.  And the next round, a Democrat will get voted in because the Republican party will have gone downhill or split more.

I read the piano forum rules a few times now and I do not believe I am violating any rules with this post.  Please let me know if I am violating any rules here.   Also, this is a discussion board.  I mean no disrespect by asking the following.

You predicted earlier in this thread:
It's a voting year, isn't it?  I'll predict Hillary Clinton, along with a divide in the US over that.

You have recently changed this prediction to the above.

Is there any particular reason that you care to share for your change in prediction?  You might be making predictions without thought just to be silly, which is great.  I have enjoyed your many posts in the past.  Please do not feel any obligation to respond.  This will be my last post in this thread.

Regards.  :)  ;)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 05:45:40 PM
i predict cthulhu may finally win the presidency
https://www.cthulhu.org/

educate yourself on our next executive office leader
https://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/index.html

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 12:34:54 AM
I read the piano forum rules a few times now and I do not believe I am violating any rules with this post.  Please let me know if I am violating any rules here.   Also, this is a discussion board.  I mean no disrespect by asking the following.

You predicted earlier in this thread:
It's a voting year, isn't it?  I'll predict Hillary Clinton, along with a divide in the US over that.

You have recently changed this prediction to the above.

Is there any particular reason that you care to share for your change in prediction?  You might be making predictions without thought just to be silly, which is great.  I have enjoyed your many posts in the past.  Please do not feel any obligation to respond.  This will be my last post in this thread.

Regards.  :)  ;)

Hm.  That is interesting.  Hm....  *Bob continues hm'ing a while.*

I guess I was thinking Trump would just repel everyone.  Now I'm thinking Hillary would repel a lot of people for different reasons, while Trump would have some people just go along with him because he's business and a Republican.

Although... I'm covered either way now.  Whichever ones I can say I predicted it.  :)

Offline iansinclair

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 08:33:37 PM
I guess the real question on the US presidential election -- at least as seen from this distance -- is this: which would you rather have, an egotistical businessman with dubious ideas, or a crooked lawyer?

Not much of a choice, looked at that way.
Ian

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 02:57:16 PM
I'm going to go back to Hillary Clinton being elected.  People just won't want Trump so they'll go that way instead.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: October 09, 2016, 01:59:26 AM
Yep, it's not really a prediction at this point (a little late) but I bet Hillary Clinton will be president.  Trump's too offensive for people.

What would be very interesting is to predict a black swan though.  I think that's more of the direction I was going with these threads.  Hurricane?  Yep, there's one every year that's the end of world for some place.  But something a bit more random is trickier to predict, like 9/11, not that someone would have predicted the extent of that.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 11:47:36 PM
Should have an answer for one tonight.  I'm still thinking Hillary Clinton will "win."  Win as in get more votes because people didn't want to vote for Trump.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 08:51:24 AM
Should have an answer for one tonight.  I'm still thinking Hillary Clinton will "win."  Win as in get more votes because people didn't want to vote for Trump.

Hate to break it to you...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 11:19:01 AM
Yeah, wow... This has been a weird year.

And another four coming up probably.  Geez.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 05:41:40 PM
I'll tack a new on one this April-April year prediction thread.

Sometime... I'll say with the first 30 days or January 2017, Trump will say something that will embarrass the U.S., but he'll be saying it as President.  This would be something along the lines of insulting a foreign leader or ambassador or doing something to provoke a country like North Korea.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 08:18:19 PM
I mean, he's not completely wrong; she did win the popular vote. The issue is that it was nearly completely in metropolitan areas, where she does best (Manhattan, wherein Trump resides, went 10% to him).

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 04:02:46 AM
Missed a lot this April-April year.  Brexit, Trumpet.... Cubs....

Now this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37904703
Toblerone triangle change upsets fans

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: November 26, 2016, 05:54:26 AM
Did anyone call Castro for this year?

Offline kevonthegreatpianist

Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 04:22:06 PM
I'll tack a new on one this April-April year prediction thread.

Sometime... I'll say with the first 30 days or January 2017, Trump will say something that will embarrass the U.S., but he'll be saying it as President.  This would be something along the lines of insulting a foreign leader or ambassador or doing something to provoke a country like North Korea.

Donald Trump has insulted a lot of people, but I don't think he's dumb enough to trigger North Korea. But who knows?
I made an account and hadn't used it in a year. Welcome back, kevon.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 01:39:51 AM
North Korea just acts like a little kid.  Lots of noise.  Lots of threats.  But never actually does anything.

I was just thinking about this thread today.  My upcoming predictions for the next thread....
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dolly Partner to go in the next year.
Trump will get North Korea riled up, more than any other country has.  Or, Trump will piss Russia.  Russia will expect Trump to do something but he'll go the opposite direction, either because he thinks that or because everything will pressure him to go that direction.  But Russia will be pissed off about it because they though Trump would help them more.

And... Tony Bennet.  I think he's 90.  He can be added.

Offline yewtree

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 05:47:43 AM
How ludicrous Tump telling Putin to give back the Crimea to  Ukraine!   
This is so naive.   Having said that I wish his administration well and that he can deliver what he promises. 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert