Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: what piece to play?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline pianoclassico

• PS Silver Member
what piece to play?
on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:30 PM
so i have been wondering for a while what piece to play , i would prefer it to be a chopin (or a romantic era composer) one though i want it to be more technically advanced(but not by much) than the past romantic pieces i already play and have mastered which are  the ballade no 1 in g minor (chopin) , waltz op 64 no 2 , 34 no 2 and 69 no 2 as well as nocturne op 9 no 1 and 2 , nocturne op 48 no 2 and op 72 no 1  and i recently picked some of his mazurkas though , well it took me about 3-4 weeks to well play the mazurkas op 67 no 4 , op 30 no 2 and op 7 no 3 and i haven't mastered them truly yet i have also played some mozart which didn't really appeal me much as well as some bach which i really liked but i would like a romantic era piece more, so i was wondering what solo piano piece should i pick up next , i had my eyes on schubert's impromptu op 90 no 2 but i would love to hear more suggestions if possible , and thanks in advance.

Offline beethovenfan01

Re: what piece to play?
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:18:43 PM
How about a few movements from the Liszt Annees de Pelerinage (ie, Sporalizo, Petrarch's 123rd Sonnet, etc.)? Other options include one of the Chopin scherzos, Chopin's Barcarolle, or a few movements from the Schumann Fantasiestucke Op. 12.
Practicing:
Bach Chromatic Fantasie and Fugue
Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 1
Shostakovich Preludes Op. 34
Scriabin Etude Op. 2 No. 1
Liszt Fantasie and Fugue on BACH

Offline arnerich

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:11:21 PM
How about a Lyric piece by Grieg?

Offline pianoclassico

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:13:41 PM
How about a few movements from the Liszt Annees de Pelerinage (ie, Sporalizo, Petrarch's 123rd Sonnet, etc.)? Other options include one of the Chopin scherzos, Chopin's Barcarolle, or a few movements from the Schumann Fantasiestucke Op. 12.
thank you ! i have been practicing some gottshalk lately , now i think i will go with either sporliso or scherzo no 2-3 for chopin , can't decide yet , i guess then i should do a sonata or etude at last.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert