Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: What's your favourite performance of Bach's Preludes and fugues?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline soultrap

• PS Silver Member
So, title explains all.

What is your favourite Performance of Prelude and Fugue from J.S. Bach's WTC?
Book I or II - Doesn't matter.
Also, what is your favourite Prelude and Fugue?

(Those two questions may sound like the same, but they're not really. One might have a prelude and fugue that they love, but cannot find a recording they like on that work).

Mine is P&F In C minor, WTC Book I. I especially liked Andras Schiff's performance of it at Proms 2017.

(I need to learn some more Preludes and Fugues... They really are beautiful.)
Pieces I'm working on:
Beethoven op. 109
Chopin Etudes op.10
Tchaikovsky Seasons June & October
Tchaikovsky Russian scherzo op. 1 no. 1
Tchaikovsky concerto 1
Mozart K 488
Rachmaninoff sonata 2

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
for me it just doesnt get any better than  Rosalyn Turek

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
The French grandma [insert league of legends champion] Crotchet or something

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert