Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Paderewski Edition PDF / Digital Download  (Read 4314 times)

Offline kofikonstantin

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Paderewski Edition PDF / Digital Download
on: May 18, 2021, 02:40:27 AM
Hello does anyone know where i can buy the PDFs or digital formats for Paderewski editions of Chopins nocturnes or Etudes / Stuides? I cant seem to find them anywhere. Would really appreciate some help with this.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Paderewski Edition PDF / Digital Download
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:51:35 AM
Hello does anyone know where i can buy the PDFs or digital formats for Paderewski editions of Chopins nocturnes or Etudes / Stuides? I cant seem to find them anywhere. Would really appreciate some help with this.

Not offhand, but I'm sure you can find them.

Why not go for the Cortot editions?  The English translations are a bit ridiculous, but adequate, and the prose is a bit flowery in either language anyway.

Those can be easily found, although the fingerings are kind of difficult to read in the printed format. 

No, I don't have a link but if you look around a bit, it's not difficult to find.

Why not the current "state of the art" Jan Ekier versions, or even the Dover reprints?  You can find all those online if you bothered to search a bit.

I like the Cortot, but it seems you must have some peculiar reason for the Paderewski edition for some odd reason.

Or go to a library if your Bing-Fu is not strong like bull.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline kofikonstantin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 01:05:09 PM
Thank you for replying. i really appreciate it. the Paderewski editions have been my personal favorites, hence the reason i am geared more towards them. But i couldn't find it anywhere, a few pieces here and there but not the collection. I did see other editions (some of which you mentioned). I was just hoping someone had seen the PDF versions for Paderewski.

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 02:09:57 PM
They might still be under copyright unfortunately

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 02:48:39 PM
Thank you for replying. i really appreciate it. the Paderewski editions have been my personal favorites, hence the reason i am geared more towards them. But i couldn't find it anywhere, a few pieces here and there but not the collection. I did see other editions (some of which you mentioned). I was just hoping someone had seen the PDF versions for Paderewski.

That makes sense.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help:  the web seems to be pretty fickle about what can be found.  One day or year, you can find stuff on Scribd or Internet Archive, then it's gone the next time you look.

But it is possible somebody has some scans and will reach out to you via PM or such on the forum.  One never knows!  I just know I don't have them as pdfs.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline kofikonstantin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 07:55:06 PM
Thank you all. i think the best thing i will do is just scan the print version anytime i need to play a piece (to PDF). At least that will work for now. Perhaps in the future it will be available :-)

Offline ranjit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 08:40:19 PM
The Chopin institute makes a killing off of selling those, so it's not likely to go public domain until it has to.

Offline pogouldiwitz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 03:41:10 PM
The Cortot Editions in an English translation can be found here:

https://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert