Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: How are you?  (Read 20358 times)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you?
Reply #350 on: February 06, 2010, 02:54:36 PM
It's a normal condition that does occur with ear infection and hopefully the hearing will be restored in time, if not after 3 months, then I'll need to see a doctor  to get treated.  I hope it will clear up and the antibiotic that I'm taking will help out. 
I hope your hearing gets better really soon and u dont need to go to a doctor!

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #351 on: February 06, 2010, 07:23:30 PM
I hope your hearing gets better really soon and u dont need to go to a doctor!
Thank you littletune for your well wishes   :)
My left ear is starting to pop at times, and somehow I can hear from it...
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #352 on: February 10, 2010, 04:01:32 PM
Now i have a bit of cold :) but its nothing bad... And it's snowing a LOT again!!! wow i dont remember ever having THAT much snow!!!! And i have school holidays next week!!!!  :P  :P  :)  :D i will play my piano all the time!!!!!!! i will wake up and i will play till night :) well or at least i will play as much as i can!  :P and this week feels kinda like holidays too! We had holidays on monday anyway because it's a national holiday or cultural holiday (as it says in wikipedia :) ) Prešeren day :) it sounds funny this way  ;D . Well so on monday i was playing piano since i woke up (which was VERY late :) because i had a bellyache at night because i ate too much sweets because my friend came over for a whole day on sunday and we have a whole box of sweets and we eat them when she comes over :) ) so i was playing piano since 12 to 5 pm. But not completely the whole time because i had to eat something too (although i wasnt really very hungry). Im talking too much :) Well yesterday i had school, but today i didnt cause i was feeling really tired in the morning and everything hurt and i felt really sick but now its a lot better. I was playing my piano before and now i dont feel sick anymore! I think i have a magic piano!!!!  :D  :P  8)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #353 on: February 10, 2010, 08:02:31 PM
Hey, I'm feeling better each day and today, I'm more happy and content with my life
and where it's going.  I love my music~~~ piano and violin.  I love my 10 piano
students and they are special to me.  I ordered a new piece to learn by Bach ~ Partita in B Flat so I can hardly wait to get it!   I've been working on the same pieces forever, and now I need something new to learn.  I am working on my drawings and that has been enjoyble to do.
I draw portraits and birds mostly.  Life is good now.   :)

Offline point of grace

• PS Silver Member
Reply #354 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:20 PM
Hi, i'm a bit tired, maybe because of the wet and hot wheather here in Argentina... besides i did a lot of exercises today and studied Rachmaninoff all afternoon!!!  ;)
Learning:

Chopin Polonaise Op. 53
Brahms Op. 79 No. 2
Rachmaninoff Op. 16 No. 4 and 5

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #355 on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:03 PM
Life is good now.   :)

Nice to hear. It seemed to me you had been through a bad patch.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #356 on: February 10, 2010, 10:23:15 PM
Nice to hear. It seemed to me you had been through a bad patch.

Thal

Thank you, Thal~~  I appreciate your post  (:

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #357 on: February 10, 2010, 10:36:35 PM
Sad.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #358 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:20 AM

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #359 on: March 05, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Well Im a LOT better now. But i got a really bad eye infection! On tuseday and wednesday it was really REALLY  bad!!! It was the worst pain in my whole life!!!!! And i've already had a lot of eye infections and ear infections and everything and headaches and tummyaches and i injured my leg and my both hands (because i jumped from somewhere too high) and my finger was infected near the nail and they had to cut it (not the nail but the infected part on my finger). But this was thee worstest pain EVER! It was like 5 differenent kinds of pain at the same time! like having something sharp in your eye and having a soap and detergent in it and someone punching you on the eye all the time and poking u with something sharp. and first your eye hurts and then your whole face and then your head and u feel sick and your tummy hurts and u feel cold and hot at the same time. It was really horrible! So all i could do was just cry almost all day and night. and then sleep when it got a little better :) But yesterday it was a lot better already (so i could even go to my piano lesson) but i still couldnt open my right eye at all. and today i can even open it just a bit but its all foggy or blurry. and the eye looks kinda scarry its soooo red! :)  So well... i think this was a punishment for something i did wrong....  :-[  :( ... well im glad im sooo much better now! :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #360 on: March 05, 2010, 03:11:40 PM
It's a sunny day and feeling great, been practicing a lot more on my pieces
and looking foward to Spring.   :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #361 on: March 05, 2010, 10:21:57 PM
Tired.  Stressed.  Not looking foward to spring. 

Offline point of grace

• PS Silver Member
Reply #362 on: March 08, 2010, 03:14:55 PM
It's a sunny day and feeling great, been practicing a lot more on my pieces
and looking foward to Spring.   :)
im looking forward fall...
Learning:

Chopin Polonaise Op. 53
Brahms Op. 79 No. 2

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #363 on: March 09, 2010, 08:08:45 PM
Well my eye got worse again during the weekend :( it hurt so much again! now its getting better  and i have some medication, so i hope it will really be ok now!!! Well at least i don't have to go to school this week :)  :P 

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #364 on: March 13, 2010, 09:04:09 PM
I'm tired! I had my piano recital today. :) Well ....i did make three mistakes (one big one and two small ones). But... well ok.... :) But we weren't even playing on a real piano!!!  :o  :o  :o not even on a digital piano  :o , but just on a keyboard with weighted keys!  :o And it was standing on a keyboard stand and it was moving and shaking when i was playing!!! Because the piece i was playing is very jumpy and fast :) So it wasn't at all like playing on a piano!  :( And it didn't sound like it either!!! Well i know that a keyboard can never sound exactly like a real piano anyway, but.... I almost couldn't even hear myself play!!!!!  >:( Because it was on speakers (or how u say that) and on the stage I could only hear this little quiet sound coming from somewhere far!  ::) (It kinda sounded to me a little like when I have strings sound on my keyboard and the sound is kinda soft  :-\ and slower and it doesnt start right away when u press the keys!) And this is kinda weird and annoying if the piece is supposed to be fast and happy and loud (most of the time) and with a lot of staccatos. Well..... when i watched the video of me playing it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be :) but it wasn't very great either :)
And besides that I look really really weird when I play!  ::) really weird! It's a good thing that the video is very dark!  :) well I have to go to sleep now im sooo tired :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #365 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:03 AM
littletune,
There's nothing like playing on a real piano.  I'm glad your experience in your recital
went well inspite of playing not on a piano, but you seem to have a good attitude
about the recital.  Hopefully, the next recital you will play on a real piano.... :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #366 on: March 15, 2010, 01:28:45 AM
stanco

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #367 on: March 16, 2010, 08:07:06 PM
littletune,
There's nothing like playing on a real piano.  I'm glad your experience in your recital
went well inspite of playing not on a piano, but you seem to have a good attitude
about the recital.  Hopefully, the next recital you will play on a real piano.... :)
Thank you! :) I really hope we'll be playing on a real piano at the next recital! I don't know why we couldn't play on a real one this time  :-\ Well but I'm just happy I have a real piano at home!!! :)  :D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #368 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12:39 PM
stanco

Yo tambien estoy cansado.... :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #369 on: March 16, 2010, 08:17:43 PM
My eye is better now :) not completely ok but a lot better (i still have to take medications till the end of the week). But... I don't know whats wrong with me but... today just about an hour ago my leg started to hurt!  :-\ just for no reason!  :( I don't know whats wrong! It's a good thing my arm doesn't hurt so i can still play piano :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #370 on: March 18, 2010, 02:37:56 AM
Sick.  I haven't been sick in a long time and this reeeeeealy sucks. 

*Bob disinfects the thread before leaving.*

Offline point of grace

• PS Silver Member
Reply #371 on: March 18, 2010, 03:18:36 PM
i'm sick too... i barely play the piano this week :( i'm so weak........
Learning:

Chopin Polonaise Op. 53
Brahms Op. 79 No. 2

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #372 on: March 18, 2010, 08:28:45 PM
Yo tambien estoy cansado.... :P

Tudi jaz sem malo utrujena :) :)
And I'm not very healthy lately either :) But I don't care so much :) At least I don't have to go to school very much  :P And as long as I don't feel so bad that I couldn't play piano I'm happy  :D And today I was practicing first about half an hour and then I had piano lesson and then I was practicing for two hours and I still didn't want to stop but I had to because of the neighbours and I was so tired I couldn't play anything right anymore anyway. :) I can't wait tomorrow so I can play my piano again!!! :) :) :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #373 on: March 19, 2010, 02:15:56 PM
Doing just fine, enjoying the Spring weather with sunshine and warmer days...
A student quit taking piano lessons a week ago because she wants to do dance
classes instead....oh, well....

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #374 on: March 19, 2010, 09:00:04 PM
I'm not sure how I am doing, actually, and could probably use expert advice -- however, I'm not sure I would know who to listen to regarding the advice I need, unless of course they have the word "expert" next to their user name ... then, I guess I would know !

But, the thing is, today while I was practicing, I had tension  :'( and then, suddenly, my fingers actually just popped off of my hands  :o, and started rolling around like little sausages all over the ground  :-[.  Then, my doggy, he came by and wanted to start eating them, since they looked like little sausages, but I had to try to stop him from doing so with my voice  -- and since my mind wasn't very relaxed, my voice wasn't very relaxed and IT almost popped off of my throat  :'( -- since I didn't have any fingers to grab him by the scruff and such ... well, I did manage to super glue my fingers (and thumbs) BACK onto my hands, and it looks pretty great, actually, except I accidentally put an *actual* sausage doggy treat in one of the places that I was supposed to have a finger, because I thought it was a finger.  Oh well.  

But, my question is, should I be concerned ?  That's all I want to know.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #375 on: March 19, 2010, 09:22:45 PM
So today my mum and dad were arguing about money again! And of course then my dad starts saying why did she buy me a piano and why is she paying for music school. because he thinks thats not anything important. He says I should do more for school instead of playing piano. He is like he usually doesn't seem to care at all about what I do and then when he says he cares and he wants to help then he starts saying really bad and horrible things (to me and to my mum) and he makes you feel like you are the worst pesron in the whole world!  :( And it's like nothing that I do is worth anything... playing piano is not worth anything caring for animals is not worth anything. And I earned some money by taking care of other people's pets and by making some cards and I gave almost all of it to my mum but he says that's like nothing because it's so little money. but i dont know how to make more money if i knew i would but i don't. And i can't help if i hate school this year, i really liked it till last year but now i dont :( and i can't help if i love playing piano! and i cant help if im weird! i told my mum they should get another kid that would hopefully be normal and wouldn't be so weird! cause i am and i want to be the way i am and i dont want to be like all the normal people cause if i would be then i wouldn't even be me anymore so then it would be better if i just died. so i guess im the worst person in the world! just so you know! well i have to figure out something to be better but until then ill just be the worst person in the world i guess....  :-\ i don't want to be but I don't know....  :-\ I'll figure out something someday !  :P

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #376 on: March 19, 2010, 09:30:32 PM
So today my mum and dad were arguing about money again! And of course then my dad starts saying why did she buy me a piano and why is she paying for music school. because he thinks thats not anything important. He says I should do more for school instead of playing piano. He is like he usually doesn't seem to care at all about what I do and then when he says he cares and he wants to help then he starts saying really bad and horrible things (to me and to my mum) and he makes you feel like you are the worst pesron in the whole world!  :( And it's like nothing that I do is worth anything... playing piano is not worth anything caring for animals is not worth anything. And I earned some money by taking care of other people's pets and by making some cards and I gave almost all of it to my mum but he says that's like nothing because it's so little money. but i dont know how to make more money if i knew i would but i don't. And i can't help if i hate school this year, i really liked it till last year but now i dont :( and i can't help if i love playing piano! and i cant help if im weird! i told my mum they should get another kid that would hopefully be normal and wouldn't be so weird! cause i am and i want to be the way i am and i dont want to be like all the normal people cause if i would be then i wouldn't even be me anymore so then it would be better if i just died. so i guess im the worst person in the world! just so you know! well i have to figure out something to be better but until then ill just be the worst person in the world i guess....  :-\ i don't want to be but I don't know....  :-\ I'll figure out something someday !  :P

I wouldn't worry too much. I am sure your mom and you will find a diplomatic solution.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #377 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:36 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. I am sure your mom and you will find a diplomatic solution.

:) thanks :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #378 on: March 19, 2010, 10:19:56 PM
I'm not sure how I am doing, actually, and could probably use expert advice -- however, I'm not sure I would know who to listen to regarding the advice I need, unless of course they have the word "expert" next to their user name ... then, I guess I would know !

But, the thing is, today while I was practicing, I had tension  :'( and then, suddenly, my fingers actually just popped off of my hands  :o, and started rolling around like little sausages all over the ground  :-[.  Then, my doggy, he came by and wanted to start eating them, since they looked like little sausages, but I had to try to stop him from doing so with my voice  -- and since my mind wasn't very relaxed, my voice wasn't very relaxed and IT almost popped off of my throat  :'( -- since I didn't have any fingers to grab him by the scruff and such ... well, I did manage to super glue my fingers (and thumbs) BACK onto my hands, and it looks pretty great, actually, except I accidentally put an *actual* sausage doggy treat in one of the places that I was supposed to have a finger, because I thought it was a finger.  Oh well.  

But, my question is, should I be concerned ?  That's all I want to know.

If this protective bear is still around I guess you don't need to be concerned. Otherwise I would recommend to check which finger is now that sausage finger. If it's the fifth finger of your left hand I wouldn't worry too much. I like strong bass notes  8)

Wolfi-not-expert ( so sorry :'( )

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #379 on: March 19, 2010, 10:34:05 PM
Reminds me a little of the supposedly true story of a polar explorer who took off his gloves to discover that 2 of his fingers were still inside.

Cannot remember who it was, and some explorers have been prone to embellish stories, but i guess it is possible.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline berniano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #380 on: March 20, 2010, 04:01:38 AM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ARE ALL MUSICIANS WIMPY WHINERS, OR IS IT JUST THE PIANISTS ON THIS FORUM!! I MEAN. COMON, IF WE EVEN OWN A PIANO IT MEANS WE'RE IN THE TOP 5% WEALTHIEST POLULATION GROUP.

AND WE GET THE LUXURY TO ACTUALLY MAKE MUSIC WRITTEN BY BRILLIANT COMPOSERS, WHETHER IT BE FOR A LIVING OR JUST KEEN HOBBY.

LIGHTEN UP AND LIVE! CHEERS!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #381 on: March 20, 2010, 08:12:13 AM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ARE ALL MUSICIANS WIMPY WHINERS, OR IS IT JUST THE PIANISTS ON THIS FORUM!! I MEAN. COMON, IF WE EVEN OWN A PIANO IT MEANS WE'RE IN THE TOP 5% WEALTHIEST POLULATION GROUP.

AND WE GET THE LUXURY TO ACTUALLY MAKE MUSIC WRITTEN BY BRILLIANT COMPOSERS, WHETHER IT BE FOR A LIVING OR JUST KEEN HOBBY.

LIGHTEN UP AND LIVE! CHEERS!

A little whimpy wining belongs to the musician's savoir vivre, the daily acting. ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #382 on: March 21, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
Is anyone whining??  :-\ I really haven't noticed  ::)
And besides if people sometimes feel like whining they should whine! Whats so wrong with that?? if someone doesn't like that they dont need to listen. Wouldn't it be boring if the sun was shining all the time?? It's really great sometimes when it rains and when its cloudy and dark! And so it would be really boring if we were all just happy all the time!  ::)
(And i really don't like people telling me how I should feel and how I shouldn't feel! I mean even if i don't know anything else (cause im just a stupid kid) I am sure I know how I feel better than anyone else in the whole world!!! )

Littletune is now lightning up.... oh nooo she lightened up too much!!  :o She is now so bright that noone can even look at her. It's like looking at the sun!!! you can get eye damage  :o And people are now like: - Oh nooo littletune is coming quickly cover your eyes with your hands!!! (Its not enough to just close your eyes!).....
and then after a while they're like: - OMG nooooooo!ohhhh noooo littletune is now starting to play piano!!!! quickly cover your ears too before you get hearing damage!! - But I can't cover my eyes AND my ears at the same time!!!!!! I'd need four arms for that! OHH NOO! what should I do???!! - Oh stop whining at least when you get eye or hearing damage you wont be able to see   littletune or hear her littletunes anymore! be happy! don't be such a wimpy whiner!!!
 ;D  8) - super eye protection glasses - (for protection against littletune) and we also have super earplugs as well (for protection against littletune's littletunes) special offer two for the price of one! buy now!!!!  :)  :P  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #383 on: March 24, 2010, 02:48:24 AM
Snails... jumping over sausages.  (Bob is too lazy to draw out sausages tonight so these sausages are only seen from the side.)

_@/                     _@/            
_@/   ((\)@/  O       _@/    O         O         O _@\      <-- This snail is "whoaing" after      
                                                                                    having landed.
    ---> second snail is wagging its tail.  I tried.   ::)  Or its foot.  Snails don't have tails anyway so that's probably why it's so difficult to make that happen in text.

_@/   <-- This snail was disqualified for shooting up with steriods.

_@/  <--- This snail did not use steriods, but he's a whiner.  That bastard....

;D  hehe...

_@/8  <-- This snail is from California and just got out of the hospital after some surgery. :o ::)

_@%   <-- This snail is in shock.

Offline point of grace

• PS Silver Member
Reply #384 on: March 24, 2010, 05:52:18 PM

_@%   <-- This snail is in shock.
lol!!! good one!  ;D ;D ;D
Learning:

Chopin Polonaise Op. 53
Brahms Op. 79 No. 2

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #385 on: March 24, 2010, 06:40:22 PM
 :) oh so here are the snails that sneaked out of that thread because they were afraid someone's going to eat them!
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=36265.0
hi snails! :) _@/ hope you're ok! nice to see you again! :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #386 on: March 24, 2010, 10:48:57 PM
_@/  <-- This snail is just lost.

I however I'm not sick anymore and ready to go back at it fighting.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #387 on: March 29, 2010, 04:52:21 AM
I'm fine, thank you.  :D
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #388 on: March 31, 2010, 07:32:55 PM
Well I'm kind of sad... because one of our fish died again! Not one of the fish that I have in my room but one of the fish that we have in the living room. A goldfish. Except they are not gold they are all sorts of colours. And we got them just a little before new year and three of them died almost right away.   :( And so then there were only two that are black and have big eyes and they are really cool!! And I was really happy that those two were ok! and i thought they would be ok, because they seemed fine and it didn't look like there was anything wrong with them... and today when I turned on the light one was just dead  :(  :'( .... so now there's only one left .... well there is also a cleaning fish but that one doesn't like to hang out with other fish very much so I hope that the goldfish won't be lonely and sad!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #389 on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:40 PM
Those cleaning fish are gross.

I'm tired.  Again.  Doing the same things.  Again.  It's getting old, but at least it's spring.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #390 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:04 PM
I don't think cleaning fish are gross, at least not the ones we have! I even think they're cute :) and very interessting :) maybe I should post a picture.....
well we are taking care of that doggy again.... so I have to go for a lot of walks now so im kinda tired :) and yesterday I've met the doggy that I'll be taking to doggy school :) he is really cute and cool, he is quite a large dog and he is strong too! at first I thought I won't even be able to hold him :) but then after a one hour walk I kinda got used to walking with such a large dog :) it's cool! :) just have to be careful all the time. and talk to him :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #391 on: April 03, 2010, 09:24:07 PM
Dealing with a headache, family and life   :P

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #392 on: April 03, 2010, 10:08:50 PM
I am.

Offline chopinmozart7

• PS Silver Member
Reply #393 on: April 07, 2010, 11:08:11 PM
If the immortals had written music for all eternity, we would not have remembered their music.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #394 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:28 AM
Practicing more on the piano and so glad that the weather is finally
getting warmer... :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #395 on: April 08, 2010, 01:11:16 AM
Tired and still have things to do.  Same old, same old.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #396 on: April 08, 2010, 04:10:37 AM
Tired and still have things to do.  Same old, same old.

Same. I'm starting to regret having this routine.
Perhaps I should play some piano.
Or guitar.
*sighs*
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #397 on: April 09, 2010, 07:48:03 PM
I am sooooooooo tired :) Im taking that doggy to doggy school now. and today we were there for two hours and he was pulling me around all the time! :) And my hands hurt! but he is a really great and cool and cute doggy!! :) And when he felt like listening to me he was really good too! So he is doing very well I think :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #398 on: April 10, 2010, 09:07:46 AM
I'm shitty but I don't f****** care about it.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #399 on: April 24, 2010, 06:52:51 PM
well... i'm sad.... my mum and dad were arguing about money again and my dad doesn't want me to play piano and he also thinks I'm stupid....
and it's my mum's birthday tomorrow... that's going to be a fun birthday!
and I also had a bad dream...
well but yeah who cares! I just wish I knew what to do!!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert