Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: _@/ "Sousa Pa!"  (Read 18565 times)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Re: For Karli..
Reply #150 on: July 23, 2010, 07:36:42 PM
Yes this thread is really cool!  8)  :P and all the snails are cool!  8)   
                                       This is a very cool snail!!!    -0|0-@_
                                                                                ˇ

And I think some snails are going to get married!!!  :o :D I'm not sure, but a snail asked me if I could play something at a wedding  :D  :D so I've looked and I have found one piece about a snail who is getting married!!!!! it wasn't so easy to find it, because there aren't that many piano pieces about snails... and specially not about snails who are getting married  ::) but I have found it and I have already started learning it today  :)  :) so when I learn it there will be a snail wedding  :D and it's a really cool piece!  8)  8) and I'm already learning a Polka too, so I'll be playing that so the guests will be able to dance :)  8)

(and what was really cool too is that when I found that snail wedding piece I looked at the notes and tried to imagine how it sounds... and I could!!!!  :)  :) I knew what the melody was before I tried playing it!!!  :) I didn't think I could do that! :) we were trying that at music theory too, but i was never so sure...) well I hope I learn to play it soon so there will be a snail wedding!!!!!!!!!!  :P  :)  8)  :D  ;)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #151 on: July 23, 2010, 08:03:37 PM
So who is going to get married?   ;D
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline wert718

• PS Silver Member
Reply #152 on: July 23, 2010, 09:10:27 PM
Yes this thread is really cool!  8)  :P and all the snails are cool!  8)   
                                       This is a very cool snail!!!    -0|0-@_
                                                                                ˇ

And I think some snails are going to get married!!!  :o :D I'm not sure, but a snail asked me if I could play something at a wedding  :D  :D so I've looked and I have found one piece about a snail who is getting married!!!!! it wasn't so easy to find it, because there aren't that many piano pieces about snails... and specially not about snails who are getting married  ::) but I have found it and I have already started learning it today  :)  :) so when I learn it there will be a snail wedding  :D and it's a really cool piece!  8)  8) and I'm already learning a Polka too, so I'll be playing that so the guests will be able to dance :)  8)

(and what was really cool too is that when I found that snail wedding piece I looked at the notes and tried to imagine how it sounds... and I could!!!!  :)  :) I knew what the melody was before I tried playing it!!!  :) I didn't think I could do that! :) we were trying that at music theory too, but i was never so sure...) well I hope I learn to play it soon so there will be a snail wedding!!!!!!!!!!  :P  :)  8)  :D  ;)

lol, littletune, that really made me lol!  :D
John 3:16

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 06:22:13 AM
I second that! ;D :o :D 8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 02:42:29 PM
Well two snails from this thread are going to get married :) I don't know them that well, but I think they've met each other when they were running away, in those scary times...

Snails head for the hills at that suggestion.
                                                                       (    (    ( _@/
                       \@_  )   )     )          (    (    ( _@/                 (    (    ( _@/
                                                               (    (    ( _@/
 \@_  )   )     )          \@_       _@%%@_
                                      _@%%@__@%%@_      (    (    ( _@/
    \@_  )   )     )           _@%_@%%@_%@_                          (    (    ( _@/
                          _@%_@%_@%%@_%@_%@_
    This group of ----->_@%_@%%@_%@_
     snails is shocked    _@%_@%%@_%@_                  (    (    ( _@/    (    (    ( _@/
      and scared stiff.          %@_%@_             (    (    ( _@/

\@_  )   )     )           (    (    ( _@/        (    (    ( _@/
                                 \@_  )   )     )                     (    (    ( _@/
 \@_  )   )     )                                                                                          (    (    ( _@/

Well now they have returned and they want to get married  :)  :D

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #155 on: July 24, 2010, 03:19:20 PM
I see now....and when will the wedding take place?   :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #156 on: July 24, 2010, 03:38:25 PM
I think it will take place as soon as I learn that snail wedding piece :)  ;D  :D  8) hope that will be soon!  :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #157 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:49 PM
Well two snails from this thread are going to get married :) I don't know them that well, but I think they've met each other when they were running away, in those scary times...

Probably from ahinton...

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #158 on: July 24, 2010, 06:27:32 PM
Probably from ahinton...

Yes  ::) I don't know how can he not like them!  :o  ::)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #159 on: July 24, 2010, 06:34:05 PM
Snails of the Nibelungen

_@/  _@/  _@/            \@_   \@_   \@_

_@/    _@/             \@_   \@_    \@_   \@_

_@/                              \@_          \@_
                       ( )        \@_
_@/         _@/   \@_
                                            \@_    \@_
_@/                          \@_

Complimentary grilled hors d'śuvre immediately following the immolation scene.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #160 on: July 24, 2010, 06:43:08 PM
 ??? ?

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #161 on: July 24, 2010, 09:05:32 PM
Snails of the Nibelungen

_@/  _@/  _@/            \@_   \@_   \@_

_@/    _@/             \@_   \@_    \@_   \@_

_@/                              \@_          \@_
                       ( )        \@_
_@/         _@/   \@_
                                            \@_    \@_
_@/                          \@_

Complimentary grilled hors d'śuvre immediately following the immolation scene.
Is that one with the horns, Brunhilde?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #162 on: July 24, 2010, 10:23:11 PM
That's what I was going for.  It came out only so-so.

Maybe this tweak will help...

_@/                              \@_          \@_
                       ( )        \@_
_@/         _@/   \@_
                                            \@_    \@_
_@/                          \@_

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #163 on: July 25, 2010, 05:01:41 AM

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #164 on: July 25, 2010, 12:22:28 PM
Poor littletune is baffled!

Well I don't know that much!  :-[ What's Nibelungen? And who is Brunhilde? Well I'll just try finding out in google  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #165 on: July 25, 2010, 02:19:22 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Ring_des_Nibelungen

Snails preparing to pour napalm on a beach.  (Except they're snails so they don't move very fast.)
                                                                                \@_   )     )     )
                             /
                          /                                                \@_   )     )     )
                      /                                                      \@_   )     )     )
                    |                                                   \@_   )     )     )
                                                   "Smells like vic'try!"
                       |                             /
                    |                              \@_   )     )     )
                        |                                               \@_   )     )     )
                     /  
                   |                                                         \@_   )     )     )
                                                                        "'Vic'try' smells a lot like seaweed."
            |                                                                     /
                                                                               \@_   )     )     )
       |                                                          \@_   )     )     )  
    /
  /
/

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #166 on: July 25, 2010, 02:24:05 PM
Nibelung snails.

_@/   ------         
   _@/ / /     \ \  \@_
_@/   | |       | |          \@_
  _@/ \  \     /  /  \@_         _@/  "Hold on! Wait!... Why do we have a ring?  We're snails!"
             ____

(Bob can't figure out circles with text.)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #167 on: July 25, 2010, 03:52:23 PM
oh thank you Bob :) I'm sure I have heard that before :) it's cool.
Well of course the snails will need a ring! they will need two rings! for the snail wedding !  ;D
But smaller rings :)   _@/ O O \@_       

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #168 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:50 PM
Oh my apologies...   ::) In case anyone was confused by my mismash of Ring Snails up there.

\@_
This one is Siegmund.

\@_
This is Sieglinde, his twin sister.

_@/
And this one is Siegfried, son of Siegmund and Sieglinde.  You can see a bit of inbreeding if you look closely.

_@/ _@/  \@_
The Valkyries, warrior-maidens, daughters of Wotan

( )
  \@_
Brünnhilde

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #169 on: July 25, 2010, 11:40:53 PM
The Elephant Snail.

"I am not.... an....    Nevermind.  Animalia is my kingdom...."
             /
%\@_

Offline liordavid

• PS Silver Member
Reply #170 on: July 25, 2010, 11:54:36 PM
You know Die Walkerie well. :o :o BTW as much I love opera, Die Walkerie is the worst opera ever. The overture is very unsophistocated. No Offense :) Not only that but is followed by a recitatave that is long and puts you to sleep. here is a link to the overture so you can see how bad it is

&NR=1

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #171 on: July 26, 2010, 12:13:23 AM
Not that well.  I'm aware of it.  I'd like to go through the whole thing someday.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #172 on: July 26, 2010, 06:11:51 AM
You know Die Walkerie well. :o :o BTW as much I love opera, Die Walkerie is the worst opera ever. The overture is very unsophistocated. No Offense :) Not only that but is followed by a recitatave that is long and puts you to sleep. here is a link to the overture so you can see how bad it is

&NR=1
 Are you being sarcastic?!  god, I LOVE that opera!!!  Did it a couple of times in my working life.   The prelude is so exciting!  That whole first act with the love duet at the end!!!   You were pulling our leg, right?  ;)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #173 on: July 26, 2010, 08:38:14 AM
This snail thread keeps on GOing and Going and Going!   \@_  \@_  \@_    :D

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #174 on: July 26, 2010, 09:55:05 AM
This snail thread keeps on GOing and Going and Going!   \@_  \@_  \@_    :D
Oh, doesn't it just! And at snail's pace, too. The reasons for its perpetuation (if any) seem entirely obscure, but I suppose that at least some of the contributors must have some idea of them...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #175 on: July 27, 2010, 07:42:07 PM
Snails, examining their newly cloned tail section, pondering the moral dilemma of whether it's right to eat themselves.

_@/ _@/  _@/   _   \@_ \@_ \@_

_@/   <-- Pensive snail, attempting to stroke his chin thoughtfully. 
                    (I didn't say he was doing it -- He's trying to do that.)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #176 on: July 27, 2010, 07:47:42 PM
Snail, contemplating the possibility of life existing elsewhere in the universe.

*                         *    *                 *                    *                *             *                    *
                                                   *              *          *                *                 *                    *                *             * *                                               *
                                             *                                          *                 *                    *                *                                      *                         *                 *                    *                *             *

_@/
-----------------------------
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                                        |  -        -      -               -          -            -          -         -     -

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #177 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:23 PM
That's really cool  8) i really like it!  :) i mean the post above! :) those stars look really nice! :)

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
            ,,,, , , , , , , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
            , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
                             _      _@/_
                             \______/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and this is the snail from the beginning of this thread still sailing in his little boat. Enjoying  the rain.  :) And thinking about life and everything :) (i wanted to add background music but I don't have time anymore now)  :D :)  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #178 on: July 27, 2010, 08:21:55 PM
Regular snail.      \@_

Snail that just tripped.   _@/

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #179 on: August 03, 2010, 01:18:08 PM
' ' ' ' '' ' '' ' '' ' '"""" """"""   """"  '  ' ' ' ' ' '' ' ' ' ' ' ' '' ' ' ' ' '''' '' ''' '''''' ' ' '' ' ''''''' '' ' '
 '' ' ' ' '' ' '  ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ''' ' '' '' ' ' '   ' ' '' ' '' ' ' ' '' '  ' '''' ' '' '' ' '''' ' '' '' ' '' '
 ' ' ' ' '""""""    ""  " "  " " " " " " " "" " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "  " " " " " 
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
\; ; ; ; ; ; ;; ; ; ; ; ;; ; ;; ; ; ;; ; ; ; ;;; ; ;; ;;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;;;;; ;; ;;; ;;;
  \ ::::::::: : : :: : ::: :: :: : :: : :: : :: : :: : :: :: : :: : : :::: ::: :: :: :: ::::
    \ ˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝˝´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
____\¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
       |_˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛˛
          |"""""""""""""" """" " "" " "" " " " "" " " " "" " " " ""  """ " " "" " "" " " " "" " " " " "   
          |_;;;;;;; ; ;; ; ; ;; ;;; ; ;; ; ;; ;; ;; ; ;; ; ;;; ;; ; ;;; ;;; ; ; ;; ; ; ; ;; ; ;
 _  _@/_ |_     ° ° ° ° °° °° °° ° ° °° °° °° ° ° °°° °°°°°° °°°° °°° °°° °°°°° °° °°
 \____/     |_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ~~~ ~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well the snail is now hiding in a cave because it's raining really a lot. And he is watching the rain and thinking about everything and waiting for the rain and wind to go away.  :)
And here also the background music (and video)  ::)  ::)  ::) (It's boring! just a baby piano piece  ::) that littletune played  ::) - so don't watch if you don't like baby piano pieces and stupid videos!! - it's a video that littletune wanted to make for the snail so he won't feel all alone and forgotten!  :(  :P and it's played two times, first time the way it's in the sheet music the second time littletune's way  :P - just a little differently with the left hand - so it's more like being in a boat and in water  :P oh and the end too  ::) oh :) and there also wasn't any dynamic markings at all  :o so that's just littletune's way too  ::)  :P ) so here it is for the snail! :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #180 on: August 03, 2010, 01:24:50 PM
Littletune,   :)  I listened and don't think it's a baby piano piece...sometimes the little
pieces can have the most profound notes and feelings into it.  It is how you played it that
makes it special.   :)   Thank you for sharing   :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #181 on: August 03, 2010, 01:34:12 PM
Littletune,   :)  I listened and don't think it's a baby piano piece...sometimes the little
pieces can have the most profound notes and feelings into it.  It is how you played it that
makes it special.   :)   Thank you for sharing   :)

Thank you very very much!!! for being so nice!  :) I'm really happy you think that!  :) and the snail is happy too  :D  :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #182 on: August 03, 2010, 01:41:56 PM
Thank you very very much!!! for being so nice!  :) I'm really happy you think that!  :) and the snail is happy too  :D  :)

You're welcome, littletune   :)  And I'm glad the snail is happy   8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #183 on: August 03, 2010, 07:49:39 PM
You're welcome, littletune   :)  And I'm glad the snail is happy   8)
:)  8)  -0|0-
             ˇ@_   -that's a cool happy snail  :)       8)

^
       (___)
        ˛|
         \@_               
this is a snail with an umbrella  :) well snails have funny umbrellas  ;D  and the word "umbrella" is very funny too  ;D specially when it's written  ;D  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #184 on: August 06, 2010, 04:50:28 PM
Log roll!  :D

(   (  \@_        \@_     (  (  _@/  )  )    (   (  
         O     O       O      O  _@_
/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #185 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:02 PM
What exactly is log roll? is that on water?  :)

.^\  /^.
      /     ˘      \
      \ _@/\@_ /
        \         /
          \     /
            \ /
             ˇ     and these are the two snails who are getting married  :D  It's really not easy to make a heart here!  ::)  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #186 on: August 07, 2010, 01:08:49 PM

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #187 on: August 07, 2010, 01:19:47 PM
That's funny  ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #188 on: August 07, 2010, 01:33:22 PM
A little more realistically, I think the snails would have to work together and all sit on one side of the log.  If they actually got it to spin, it would move too fast for them to actually stay on the top.  They'd probably end up going around on it, hanging on for dear life.  If they got it to spin.  If they were intelligent enough to work together and had the desire to make a log roll.

"I could make a log roll.  All by myself.  If I wanted to that is.  One time I made a Redwood log roll."
     |
_@/

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #189 on: August 08, 2010, 08:03:34 PM
Oh just in case anyone wants to know what snail wedding song sounds like  ;D
The title is: Polž se je pa ženit šel  :D (and it's a folk song and it by M. Tomc). And "polž" means snail, and I can't translate everything exactly but it's kinda like A snail went to get married  ;D
And I thought it was really cool that I found a piece about a snail so I've learned it. (don't know if I learned everything right but oh well...  ::):)  :P

_@/ \@_

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #190 on: August 09, 2010, 12:11:04 AM
Beatnik snail listening to jazz (or an attempt at that  ::) ).

O  <-- attempt at a berret
-0|0-@_
   ||   <-- goatie
                                                                                ˇ

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #191 on: August 09, 2010, 04:34:31 AM
 ;D I wonder if littletune will get that.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #192 on: August 09, 2010, 04:36:13 AM
Oh just in case anyone wants to know what snail wedding song sounds like  ;D
The title is: Polž se je pa ženit šel  :D (and it's a folk song and it by M. Tomc). And "polž" means snail, and I can't translate everything exactly but it's kinda like A snail went to get married  ;D
And I thought it was really cool that I found a piece about a snail so I've learned it. (don't know if I learned everything right but oh well...  ::):)  :P

_@/ \@_
That's a fast snail!  ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #193 on: August 09, 2010, 12:17:36 PM
;D I wonder if littletune will get that.

No I don't get it at all!!  :-[  ::) don't know what a beatnik is (and i found it on wikipedia and still don't know  ::) ) ... well whatever  ::)  ::) Bob what's that little thing on the right of your post? Is that something that your snail has lost??  :P

That's a fast snail!  ;D
Yes that's what I thought too  ;D  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #194 on: August 09, 2010, 12:47:08 PM
Oh that's where it went.  That was supposed to be the beard but it disappeared when I copied it over. 

Beatniks sits around in clubs and listen to jazz while snapping their fingers, saying things like "cool" and "man."  They probably smoke too, because it looks cool.... man.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #195 on: August 09, 2010, 02:40:58 PM
Oh well except smoking is not really cool cause it's bad for your health! man!  :P
maybe that's why your snails beard fell off cause it got burnt !  ;D   :)
   ??
   O 
-0|0-@_

oh man! where did my beard go man?! that's not so cool man  :P
Don't worry man... um... snail, it will grow back... but still you shouldn't smoke so much anymore man...um... snail! But you look kinda cool without the beard too!  8)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #196 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:06 PM
littletune, what would we do without you?! ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #197 on: August 09, 2010, 07:53:01 PM
I'm not sure man, I guess it just wouldn't be so cool without me  8)  8)  8) Just kidding  :)  :P  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #198 on: August 09, 2010, 08:45:04 PM
Oh well except smoking is not really cool cause it's bad for your health! man!  :P
maybe that's why your snails beard fell off cause it got burnt !  ;D   :)
   ??
   O 
-0|0-@_

oh man! where did my beard go man?! that's not so cool man  :P
Don't worry man... um... snail, it will grow back... but still you shouldn't smoke so much anymore man...um... snail! But you look kinda cool without the beard too!  8)

Hee hee  ;D That's really cool man  8)

Hilarious  :D :D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #199 on: August 10, 2010, 11:58:30 AM
Thanks man!  :D You're cool too man!  8)  :D  :P
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert