Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Tell me about your love life  (Read 16327 times)

theholygideons

Re: Tell me about your love life
Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 06:19:28 AM
lest your "love life" consist of dropped soap and a cellmate called "bubba".
and a shrimp farm!

Offline carl_h

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 08:46:13 AM
"Screwing a lot of girls..." just for the sake of screwing them...
Do you really think this is 'Alpha-male' behaviour? That is some pathetic sh*t. It comes over as a weak boy's cry to be considered a man.

Do what YOU think is right. You said that you are an all-or-nothing guy, good for you man! Follow that path, if you come across a girl and you are very attracted to her and things escalate fast, good for you! Just don't go out with 'I'm gonna screw an easy girl tonight'-attitude, that's not manly behaviour at all and it will mess with your morale.

Be the man you want to be.

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 09:34:01 AM
Do you really think this is 'Alpha-male' behaviour? That is some pathetic sh*t. It comes over as a weak boy's cry to be considered a man.

Do what YOU think is right. You said that you are an all-or-nothing guy, good for you man! Follow that path, if you come across a girl and you are very attracted to her and things escalate fast, good for you! Just don't go out with 'I'm gonna screw an easy girl tonight'-attitude, that's not manly behaviour at all and it will mess with your morale.

+1

theholygideons

Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 09:59:54 AM

how does having sex with the opposite gender have anything to do with moral. more people would be having more sex if women weren't so afraid due to social conditions telling them that they are sluts for wanting sex. rach4 can *** bitches all he likes as long as he and his harem of girls to choose from are aware that it's just for fun. There will always be gas in the reserve tank, no matter what type of girl.

Offline iancollett6

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:11 AM
 Would it be boring if I said I am happily married with two kids?...
"War is terrorism by the rich and terrorism is war by the poor." Peter Ustinov

Offline carl_h

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 10:53:00 AM
how does having sex with the opposite gender have anything to do with moral. more people would be having more sex if women weren't so afraid due to social conditions telling them that they are sluts for wanting sex. rach4 can *** bitches all he likes as long as he and his harem of girls to choose from are aware that it's just for fun. There will always be gas in the reserve tank, no matter what type of girl.

I never said having sex with the opposite gender is bad, going out with the sole purpose of f'ing one is, imo. In retrospect, the word 'morale' is not the word I intended to use. I think something like 'self-respect' is more what I wanted to say. (I'm not english)
I've seen the "it's just for fun" many times and it ALWAYS ends with 1 or both people getting hurt. If it is just 1 time... ok, but if you have sex with the same person multiple times, feelings will join the game. We are not Bonobo's.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:02 AM
Would it be boring if I said I am happily married with two kids?...

I don't see why. I have been married to the love of my life for thirty-four years and we have a thirty-one year old son who loves his parents. Neither of us has ever used strategies or games with the other. We always said what we meant and meant what we said. Boring ? No, absolutely not.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:01 AM

So an alpha male who feels horny would sit around at home feeling shy and knock one off, because alpha males don't seek sex for pleasure? Bullshit. The only issue is that trying to get sex at the cost of compromising with a girl who isn't attractive is very beta behaviour. If an alpha male is sincerely attracted to a girl and in the mood for sex, there's nothing remotely immoral or weak about making the effort to get some. He can do it every night if he wishes. It's only when he starts going for ugly girls simply to get sex at any cost that he's weak. If an alpha males sincerely wants something, he goes after it.

There are girls who wouldn't normally stand out to me, but who I might become more attracted to by a sense of connection. However, personally I'd never sleep with a girl I felt neither physical nor emotional connection to just for sex. That's the only type of behaviour that shows real weakness. It's like saying "I may never get a better chance, so take it while you can". Judging anything else, between consenting adults who want sex and take it, is an exceedingly artificial and bogus moral construct.

Offline carl_h

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: August 21, 2014, 12:12:13 PM
So an alpha male who feels horny would sit around at home feeling shy and knock one off, because alpha males don't seek sex for pleasure? Bullshit. The only issue is that trying to get sex at the cost of compromising with a girl who isn't attractive is very beta behaviour. If an alpha male is sincerely attracted to a girl and in the mood for sex, there's nothing remotely immoral or weak about making the effort to get some. He can do it every night if he wishes. It's only when he starts going for ugly girls simply to get sex at any cost that he's weak. If an alpha males sincerely wants something, he goes after it.

There are girls who wouldn't normally stand out to me, but who I might become more attracted to by a sense of connection. However, personally I'd never sleep with a girl I felt neither physical nor emotional connection to just for sex. That's the only type of behaviour that shows real weakness. It's like saying "I may never get a better chance, so take it while you can". Judging anything else, between consenting adults who want sex and take it, is an exceedingly artificial and bogus moral construct.

Why do you call bullshit? I basically said what you just said.

You: So an alpha male who feels horny would sit around at home feeling shy and knock one off, because alpha males don't seek sex for pleasure? Bullshit

Me: if you come across a girl and you are very attracted to her and things escalate fast, good for you!

You: However, personally I'd never sleep with a girl I felt neither physical nor emotional connection to just for sex

Me: Just don't go out with 'I'm gonna screw an easy girl tonight'-attitude, that's not manly behaviour at all

I didn't come here to argue with you, everyone is free to do as they whish (as long as it doesn't hurt other). In your first post, I thought you ment that he should just go out and screw with girls.. to be a man, not because he is a man. Text is hard to understand, no hard feelings.

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: August 21, 2014, 12:20:04 PM
Why do you call bullshit? I basically said what you just said.

You: So an alpha male who feels horny would sit around at home feeling shy and knock one off, because alpha males don't seek sex for pleasure? Bullshit

Me: if you come across a girl and you are very attracted to her and things escalate fast, good for you!

You: However, personally I'd never sleep with a girl I felt neither physical nor emotional connection to just for sex

Me: Just don't go out with 'I'm gonna screw an easy girl tonight'-attitude, that's not manly behaviour at all

I didn't come here to argue with you, everyone is free to do as they whish (as long as it doesn't hurt other). In your first post, I thought you ment that he should just go out and screw with girls.. to be a man, not because he is a man. Text is hard to understand, no hard feelings.

I take your point about a lot of similarities, but there is a key difference. An alpha male may very well go out for the express purpose of getting sex. He'll be looking for someone that he is attracted to, not just seeing if one comes across his path. He won't be looking for an unique or special connection, but someone who is attractive enough to be worthwhile. I agree with you on most points, but an alpha male can still seek sex for the sake of sex and he may not require any emotional connection. It's just that he doesn't aim low when doing so.

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:24 PM
Btw, he should screw a lot of girls and learn to be a man. Young guys fall in love (or think they do) way too easily. A man needs to go out and sleep with a range of different girls. Then if one stands out and you want them alone, you know it's special. It's way too easy to obsess over the first half decent girl you meet, regardless of whether you're a true match or will get something good for you. As long as there is no deceit involved this is not immoral. It  is how you learn what you want and what is really available to you.

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: August 21, 2014, 12:42:22 PM
Btw, he should screw a lot of girls and learn to be a man. Young guys fall in love (or think they do) way too easily. A man needs to go out and sleep with a range of different girls. Then if one stands out and you want them alone, you know it's special. It's way too easy to obsess over the first half decent girl you meet, regardless of whether you're a true match or will get something good for you. As long as there is no deceit involved this is not immoral. It  is how you learn what you want and what is really available to you.

That is assuming you need sex to determine whether or not a mate is suitable.
Per novitatem, artium est renascatur.

Finished with making music for quite a long time.

Offline carl_h

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: August 21, 2014, 12:45:55 PM

Alpha, Beta, Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo, haven't you listened to 1 podcast to many? :)
I don't devide or label men like that and I don't think it is necessary. Some people have more/stronger urges than others, heck some people are asexual but that doesn't mean I consider them less of a person. I just think that calling Rach4ever a beta male was not correct because of how he handled the situation.

The fact that you consider sex to be the most imporant part is very sad bro. I cannot agree with this and it makes me think that you have never had real feelings, only superficial sexual relationships, what will that gain you?

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: August 21, 2014, 12:49:05 PM
That is assuming you need sex to determine whether or not a mate is suitable.

Actually, it's no more or less about sex or emotional connection. The point is that you don't grab at the first  thing that seems appealing and stick, before seeing what really is available.

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: August 21, 2014, 01:14:20 PM
Actually, it's no more or less about sex or emotional connection. The point is that you don't grab at the first  thing that seems appealing and stick, before seeing what really is available.

Valid point. And it's clear WHY teenagers do that. They're easily pleased, fickle, and capricious.

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #65 on: August 21, 2014, 03:04:01 PM

This is exactly WHY people shouldn't have sex until they are married. Sex shouldn't be something you do for fun. That is just wicked! (You shouldn't get married just to have sex, either. FYI.)

If we ever have a piano party, and I am hammered out of this world, I'll remember not to make out with you, Dr. Dre!!!

Tell your girl friends, too, everyone!!

I take it you are ok with ruining marriages and picking up chicks at bars (chicks that get picked up every night at bars, by other men), as well? And no fear of STDs?

I believe that the more people you have sex with, the higher your chance of getting an STD is.
Remember that, kids.

And for the love of god, Rach 4. If you end up doing something, just use protection. But did you know one out of five people have herpes? I'm talking herpes of the mouth. (My greatest fear, for real.)

So before this SEX talk gets everyone too wound up, remember that.

Or, better yet, just don't do anything! (I personally am claustrophobic, I hate embraces, and I don't like people touching me. It works when guys be all, you look like you need a hug!! And I'm like, "I need a hug about as much as you need a kick to the...)

:)
I'm hungry

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:58 PM
Alpha, Beta, Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo, haven't you listened to 1 podcast to many? :)
I don't devide or label men like that and I don't think it is necessary. Some people have more/stronger urges than others, heck some people are asexual but that doesn't mean I consider them less of a person. I just think that calling Rach4ever a beta male was not correct because of how he handled the situation.

The fact that you consider sex to be the most imporant part is very sad bro. I cannot agree with this and it makes me think that you have never had real feelings, only superficial sexual relationships, what will that gain you?

I'm not saying he is one. I'm saying he's acted like one in saying he'd be waiting if she wants to come back. Sorry, but women are the ones who think this way and I'm only the messenger. In a female mind, that puts a male down as a low value prospect. Women have very little respect for that type of behaviour. It's normal in younger men, which is why it's so important for them to go out and get more experience rather than seek just one person to be devoted to. They'll usually just get hurt and mistreated, if that's their goal so early in life. Women can be extremely cruel and unpleasant to a young and devoted guy who is perceived as weak and inexperienced at dealing with women from a place of mental strength.

I'm rather amused that you've leapt to the conclusion that sex is the most important part. Are things so black and white to you that anyone who isn't actively seeking "the one" necessarily values sex above all else? The world is not polarised. I'm seeing a few girls and I don't simply *** them, politely thank them and leave. Just because you're not actively looking for a lone soul mate it doesn't mean you can't have an emotional relationship with anyone or that you only seek sex from partners that you have zero interest in. The point was that it's not wrong for two people who are physically attracted to have sex for no other purpose than its own sake, whether they feel an emotional bond of any kind or not. It doesn't automatically follow that sex is therefore the most important thing in the world. You might as well assume I think that snooker is the most important thing, on the grounds that I don't think it's wrong to choose to play a frame from time to time.

The point I made was that alpha males don't spend their whole life wanking until they find someone they want to marry. It's natural to seek sex. It just doesn't follow that they crave nothing but sex or make it the primary priority. They just don't tend to feel that it's either necessary to for a person with a libido to either be celibate or to refuse good offers merely because they don't see a marriage prospect (or worse still, get into a doomed exclusive relationship which was never leading anywhere, simply because that's what society says is more proper).

Offline liszt1022

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: August 21, 2014, 03:56:08 PM
Wow, this thread is sad and terrible.

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: August 21, 2014, 04:34:57 PM
Wow, this thread is sad and terrible.

It has taught me one thing, though. Sex ruins everything.

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: August 21, 2014, 04:37:43 PM
It has taught me one thing, though. Sex ruins everything.

It works fine for me, thanks.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: August 21, 2014, 05:20:57 PM
This is exactly WHY people shouldn't have sex until they are married.

It is absolutely essential that people DO HAVE sex before marriage.

Imagine spending thousands on a wedding and then find out that your partner is useless in the sack.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #71 on: August 21, 2014, 05:32:23 PM
It is absolutely essential that people DO HAVE sex before marriage.

Imagine spending thousands on a wedding and then find out that your partner is useless in the sack.

Thal

Hahah, because that is the most important thing in life-sex.

I shouldn't reproduce. You can't have any more girls like me coming out. I'm one of a kind :P
I'm hungry

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: August 21, 2014, 05:53:16 PM

I shouldn't reproduce.

Don't worry, as long as you stick to your piano, dogs and the dead guys there's no danger :)

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: August 21, 2014, 06:22:08 PM
Sooo... I bought this, um... ring... for a girl I am barely friends with... Mistake?

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #74 on: August 21, 2014, 06:27:18 PM
Sooo... I bought this, um... ring... for a girl I am barely friends with... Mistake?

if it's me, then it's definitely a mistake :P

;)

Actually, let me see the ring! :P

I kid! hehe
I'm hungry

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: August 21, 2014, 06:34:47 PM

If she disappears after you've made airs about your feelings for her, you might be waiting awhile. ;)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #76 on: August 21, 2014, 06:54:36 PM

if it's me, then it's definitely a mistake :P

;)

Actually, let me see the ring! :P

I kid! hehe

Okay, It's the first time I'm experiencing such regret. I should have taken some advice first.

If she disappears after you've made airs about your feelings for her, you might be waiting awhile. ;)
She's gonna disappear anyway lol  ;D. We'll be seperated by a distance of 3.000+ kilometers for 377 days.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: August 21, 2014, 07:52:48 PM
Hahah, because that is the most important thing in life-sex.

Well, it is high up on the list.

If the good Lord did not want us to have sex, he would not have made it so enjoyable.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: August 21, 2014, 08:26:10 PM
If the good Lord did not want us to have sex, he would not have made it so enjoyable.

Maybe HE didn't  ;)

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #79 on: August 21, 2014, 08:31:40 PM

Thal

Some people find self mutilation enjoyable, and tattoos. Doesn't mean everyone should do it! (I'm making little sense right now!) 
I'm hungry

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: August 21, 2014, 10:05:43 PM

Thal

It is VERY debatable to say that it is universally enjoyable.

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #81 on: August 21, 2014, 10:33:40 PM
It is VERY debatable to say that it is universally enjoyable.

I find it gross, and I'm not even talking about porn or old people doing it.
I'm hungry

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #82 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:00 AM
I find it gross, and I'm not even talking about ... old people doing it.

Now watch your tongue young lady! !  >:(

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #83 on: August 22, 2014, 05:23:22 AM
Now watch your tongue young lady! !  >:(

I would not even call you old, outin! I've seen your arms and I think they look very youthful! :) :)
I'm hungry

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #84 on: August 22, 2014, 05:36:56 AM
I would not even call you old, outin! I've seen your arms and I think they look very youthful! :) :)

People say I don't look my age...I'll probably look youthful as a corpse as well :)

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: August 22, 2014, 12:28:13 PM
I find it gross, and I'm not even talking about porn or old people doing it.

Everything you say makes me like you more and more.

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #86 on: August 22, 2014, 02:08:00 PM
People say I don't look my age...I'll probably look youthful as a corpse as well :)

Lucky! I once was buying tapioca for my 2 cousins (both aged 9) and the man taking the order asked how old my daughters were...

I shot out flames out of my mouth and burned his face off, then cut his hands off and put them on a stick, burned them and ate them.

I'm hungry

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: August 22, 2014, 02:23:10 PM
I shot out flames out of my mouth and burned his face off, then cut his hands off and put them on a stick, burned them and ate them.

Who needs sex when there's violence?   ;D

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #88 on: August 22, 2014, 03:05:21 PM
Who needs sex when there's violence?   ;D

Now I'm turned on!  ;)
I'm hungry

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #89 on: August 23, 2014, 03:40:19 AM
We're back together again...
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #90 on: August 23, 2014, 04:39:49 AM

Welcome to the world of pushover door mats. How long will you last?  ???
I'm hungry

theholygideons

Reply #91 on: August 23, 2014, 04:56:06 AM
Dear Rach4:

"O, beware, my lord, of jealousy
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.”

On a side note, was she tight? she must have been, if she's asian.

Offline dima_76557

• PS Silver Member
Reply #92 on: August 23, 2014, 06:20:15 AM

I am happy for you. Now don't distract each other any longer with things that are not worth it. And please don't rush any part of your still fragile relationship. If she is giving you signals that she is not ready for "it" (yet), you should respect that. Heaven help you both if she's had to deal with some kind of abuse in her past but is not able to talk about it.
No amount of how-to information is going to work if you have the wrong mindset, the wrong guiding philosophies. Avoid losers like the plague, and gather with and learn from winners only.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #93 on: August 23, 2014, 08:50:52 AM
It's also called rape.

Keep your lurid little fantasies to yourself, lest your "love life" consist of dropped soap and a cellmate called "bubba".

Please don't tell me you're talking form personal experience. 
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #94 on: August 23, 2014, 08:59:51 AM
I got some wisdom to share:

I found a blood-stained whip. A tool made for a purpose forbidden by the gods.
Its effect is augmented by its pointed tip, but still only marginally effective against protective covering.

My point is that if there is even a pianostreet party I shall lurk in the shadows humming arpeggios until the female population is hammered, then and only then will I heard all of them ( be old or young, pretty or mundane) to another room  

And then...

I will nurse them all to health for emails and imminent nudies. 
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #95 on: August 23, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
There is something rather incongruous about coming to a piano forum for advice about sex.

It is, I dunno, maybe like going to the football player's locker room for advice about calculus or maybe needlepoint. 
Tim

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #96 on: August 23, 2014, 04:06:52 PM
There is something rather incongruous about coming to a piano forum for advice about sex.

It is, I dunno, maybe like going to the football player's locker room for advice about calculus or maybe needlepoint. 

This was originally about people's love lives. People just felt like adding in sex.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #97 on: August 23, 2014, 05:24:22 PM
Indeed - as though such advice could all be in black and white...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #98 on: August 23, 2014, 11:51:36 PM
This was originally about people's love lives. People just felt like adding in sex.

Doesn't ye old advice goes like: Make love not war? Well there you go

theholygideons

Reply #99 on: August 24, 2014, 04:32:13 AM
Indeed - as though such advice could all be in black and white...

Best,

Alistair
But the poster is black, and he feels the need to ejaculate.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert