Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: pictures!!  (Read 365421 times)

Offline liordavid

• PS Silver Member
Re: pictures!!
Reply #3450 on: July 26, 2010, 12:22:04 AM
Yummy.

Get a few kebabs from her ;D

Thal
Thal don't be such a jerk :(, although I do love lamb meat ;D ;D

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3451 on: July 26, 2010, 12:28:16 AM
although I do love lamb meat ;D ;D

It's okay to like lamb meat, since it's not Lana.  :P
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3452 on: July 26, 2010, 06:07:19 AM
It's okay to like lamb meat, since it's not Lana.  :P
  I'm assuming this is a play on words?  Lana means wool in italian.  Please humour an old man and let me in on the joke.  :'(

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3453 on: July 26, 2010, 08:39:21 AM
  I'm assuming this is a play on words?  Lana means wool in italian.  Please humour an old man and let me in on the joke.  :'(

Lana is the name of her lamb   ;)
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3454 on: July 26, 2010, 10:39:05 AM
Would you eat a dog?

Not intentionally, but some of the Chinese meals i have had makes me wonder.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3455 on: July 26, 2010, 11:59:31 AM

You're kind of right. Actually her name is Lanolina, but we call her Lana for short.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3456 on: July 26, 2010, 12:07:42 PM
Got it! ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3457 on: July 26, 2010, 01:27:00 PM
Yummy.

Get a few kebabs from her ;D

Thal

Thalbergmad that is NOT funny AT ALL!!  >:(  >:(  >:( Don't be so mean! (It was a picture for me if you haven't noticed!  :P ) What if someone wanted to make a few thalburgers from you!?  :o  :o

She looks a bit vicious.  I see some bloodlust and killer instinct in those eyes.  You better be careful.

::)  ::)  ::) yeah right Bob...  ::) you are just kidding!  :P and if someone should be careful it's probably Thal  :P  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3458 on: July 26, 2010, 01:32:30 PM
For littletune:

This is my pet sheep, Lana.

;D

She is sooooooo cute!  :) she looks so nice and she is smiling :) and she looks really smart too! That is soo cool that you have a pet sheep!  8) Does she let you pet her and hug her? :) thanks for the picture!  :) And say hi to Lana!  :)  :) :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3459 on: July 26, 2010, 06:37:50 PM
What if someone wanted to make a few thalburgers from you!?  :o  :o

Only a few?? More like 200.

OK, i take back what i said about Lana. I no longer wish to eat her.

Wouldn't say no to the fleece though.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3460 on: July 26, 2010, 08:05:47 PM
I saw article recently about whether or not people would eat cloned human meat.  Gross idea, but someone (even yourself) donates some cells, they grow a limb, and voila!  You could have a human-burger.  Second of the same thing if you wanted.

So we could have Thal-burger or Bob-burger someday soon.  If it's only a part, it's not like you're eating conscious being.  And if it's synthetically grown.... Sounds sick, but you know someone out there would probably want to eat it.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3461 on: July 26, 2010, 08:17:05 PM
Bob, don't be so gross!  Yuk!  I don't know how you ever can even think
of such things on some of your posts here!   :P   ???   ::) 
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3462 on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:31 PM
I didn't think of it.  I found an article.  And of course had to read the article once I found it.  It's kind of a strange loophole, although it did mention you could eat "the" best steak over and over that way. (not a human steak, a beef steak)
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3463 on: July 27, 2010, 11:46:52 AM

OK, i take back what i said about Lana. I no longer wish to eat her.

Thal

Thank you Thal! :) I like you when you're nice  :P  :)

I saw article recently about whether or not people would eat cloned human meat.  Gross idea, but someone (even yourself) donates some cells, they grow a limb, and voila!  You could have a human-burger.  Second of the same thing if you wanted.

So we could have Thal-burger or Bob-burger someday soon.  If it's only a part, it's not like you're eating conscious being.  And if it's synthetically grown.... Sounds sick, but you know someone out there would probably want to eat it.

But why would you wanna eat yourself? I mean don't you have all that stuff in yourself already? and then you wouldn't get anything new  :-\ well it is very gross anyway. But I have been thinking for a long time why can't people just grow meat like that so they wouldn't have to kill poor cute animals! Well I hate the taste of meat anyway! yuk yuk yuk!!!!  :-X  :-X And I don't eat it! When I was in preschool they were forcing me to eat it  :( but then once I threw up when a teacher put a piece of meat in my mouth and then she wasn't forcing me anymore... I think that's child abuse to force a kid to eat something they hate so much!  >:( and once I wanted to run away form home because my mum wanted me to eat some meat, but the keys were somewhere high so I couldn't reach them so I couldn't run away  ::) Well I was eating chicken nuggets sometimes cause they don't taste so much like meat :) but now I don't even eat that anymore... but I do eat fish sometimes (so my mum is happy  ::) ) cause I don't hate the taste of fish. so I would just wanna grow some fish meat for myself  :P I wrote so much again  ::)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3464 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:12 PM
Littletune, you are a girl for my heart!  I'm vegetarian, too! ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3465 on: July 27, 2010, 12:28:30 PM
Littletune, you are a girl for my heart!  I'm vegetarian, too! ;D

COOL!  :D  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3466 on: July 29, 2010, 03:44:53 PM
I will post some pictures from my end of the year recital (that was in june)... the pictures are not all that good but anyway :)  :P

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3467 on: July 29, 2010, 03:52:36 PM
What beautiful red hair!  I wish I could enlarge the picture!  :D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3468 on: July 29, 2010, 06:56:41 PM
Thank you :) well my hair is kinda funny colour  :) like it's not just one colour  :) it's like a little blonde and even a little brown and a little red  :D i think maybe it's kinda mutated or something  ;D and it's different color in summer and different in winter and then some people ask me if I put some color on them or something  ::)  :)
well I could enlarge pictures but they would just be blurry cause they're bad quality cause they're made from a video  :P  :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3469 on: July 29, 2010, 06:59:37 PM
You also sit very high at the piano I see.  And you're tall for only 11 years old. :o

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3470 on: July 29, 2010, 07:24:54 PM
Yes i am tall for my age :-[ I'm about 1,59 m (don't know how much that is in feet or inches). well i sit so high because i don't change the height of the piano chair at the recital :-\ so I'm sitting on the same one as some 7 or 8 year olds  :-\ (I don't think I sit too high at home  :-\ ). I don't know  :) is that wrong?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3471 on: July 30, 2010, 11:08:32 AM
I was thinking that now everyone thinks I'm weird cause I'm too tall  :(

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3472 on: July 30, 2010, 11:15:40 AM
Nobody thinks you are weird.

Everyone thinks you are cute.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3473 on: July 30, 2010, 11:57:05 AM
Yes i am tall for my age :-[ I'm about 1,59 m (don't know how much that is in feet or inches). well i sit so high because i don't change the height of the piano chair at the recital :-\ so I'm sitting on the same one as some 7 or 8 year olds  :-\ (I don't think I sit too high at home  :-\ ). I don't know  :) is that wrong?
1.59m is approximately 5'2½" in Imperial measure (as if anyone cared about Imperial measure these days!), which does not seem at all abnormal to me, so I'd stop concerning yourself with that. As to piano stool height, different pianists and teachers have differing views on optimal positions, so you'll just have to find out what works best for you, regardless of your actual height.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3474 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:58 PM
Nobody thinks you are weird.

Everyone thinks you are cute.

Thal

1.59m is approximately 5'2½" in Imperial measure (as if anyone cared about Imperial measure these days!), which does not seem at all abnormal to me, so I'd stop concerning yourself with that. As to piano stool height, different pianists and teachers have differing views on optimal positions, so you'll just have to find out what works best for you, regardless of your actual height.

Best,

Alistair

Thank you!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

(well I think kids at 11 or 12 are supposed to be from 1,46 to 1,52 m tall so I am too tall, but I guess not thaaaaaat much  :)  :D  :P  cause I found something on youtube about tallest kids in the world and I think one girl was like 1,79 m tall at 11!! )
Thanks Thal and Alistair!  :)  8)  8)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3475 on: July 30, 2010, 09:27:12 PM
as if anyone cared about Imperial measure these days

I expect most publicans do.

The next time you frequent "The Comet", try ordering .0568 litre of ale.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3476 on: July 30, 2010, 09:54:40 PM
I expect most publicans do.
Not any more, I imagine; spirit measurements in fractions of a gill went out some time ago, albeit not quite with the ark.

The next time you frequent "The Comet", try ordering .0568 litre of ale.
You/they'll have a long wait, especially since, haviong once eaten there, I tend to call that place something that sounds broadly similar but involves a slight mistyping of its first letter (i.e. one to the right and a consequent alteration of the second vowel if you must, but you get my drift, I imagine) and I would not in any case order as much as a single drop of ale there or anywhere else, since I cannot abide the stuff, real or synthetic, thanks all the same!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3477 on: July 31, 2010, 12:15:14 PM
Rain :)
(I did this on computer on paint)  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3478 on: August 01, 2010, 03:41:26 PM
I really like this picture.  :) It's my kitty in a tree.  :) And that was on the day when I had my first music exams at my music school   :) (then next week I had them at the other school ).

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3479 on: August 04, 2010, 01:23:18 PM
This is my new instrument  ;D  ;D I started learning it now  ;D  :P Just kidding :) I know it's not a real instrument, it's just a toy, but it's fun anyway :) it's kinda like a toy pan flute  :D and it's cool cause now I have it with me all the time and I'm just making up some funny melodies (and I'm even getting better at it!  :D ) I mean you can't have a piano with you all the time.  ::) So this is really cool  8)  :)  :P  :D

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3480 on: August 05, 2010, 07:36:50 PM
Papageno!!!!!!!!!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3481 on: August 06, 2010, 12:20:15 PM
Papageno!!!!!!!!!!

Oh right!!! :) I didn't think of that and I really like that opera a lot!  :) then it's even more cool than I thought!  8)  8)

Offline gep

Reply #3482 on: August 06, 2010, 01:12:39 PM
.0568 litre of ale.

Thal
56,8cc of ale??? Hmm, there's a new Dutch beer which, at 60%vol alcohol, would do the trick at that volume I think. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66S3SR20100729. It's called "Start the Future", which may well be the wrong way round...
Not that I would know, of course!

gep
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3483 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:37 PM

I took this picture when I went to the beach, last month. I woke up at 5 AM to see the sun rising over the Atlantic, but it was cloudy. :(
Canavieiras - Brazil

what a great pic Bella.
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3484 on: August 20, 2010, 09:08:56 PM

by Jamin Belor
dignity, love and joy.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3485 on: September 04, 2010, 06:46:20 AM
Lovely painting, I didn't know you wore lipstick :)
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3486 on: September 04, 2010, 08:56:32 AM
Lovely painting, I didn't know you wore lipstick :)

hehe..originally belor painted my lips pink :-X. i went "huh?, why pink? fix it!" and he did, now they wore red lipstick. is it that hard to paint lips?  :-\ :-\ :'(
dignity, love and joy.

Offline sungyoung

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3487 on: September 04, 2010, 09:38:32 AM

Not sure if it will work...

Kekeke~ You can't really see me ^^ Mwahahahah ;D

Offline riskarb

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3488 on: October 05, 2010, 05:16:18 AM
Howdy folks! Just registered here and look forward to posting more in the future. I'm a big fan of putting a face to the name so here's my pic and look forward to seeing others as well in due course

:)

As for my story, studied piano as a kid, hated it and quit in high school ..... took a 13 year hiatus and have spent the past few years practicing like a madman. Planning to perform a Rach concerto before I die  ;)

PS - this pic above was taken in the Yukon. I'm originally from Canada but now live in Hong Kong (where my mom is from).

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3489 on: October 06, 2010, 07:55:14 PM
Me when I was 5. (this is the picture my mum wants to have for a background on her laptop  ::) ) :)  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3490 on: October 06, 2010, 08:08:13 PM
All together now, AAAHHHHHHHHH

What a little sweetie.

Thal searches for picture of when he was 5.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3491 on: October 06, 2010, 10:07:02 PM
I have one of when I was 4  ;D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3492 on: October 06, 2010, 10:07:53 PM
Me when I was 5. (this is the picture my mum wants to have for a background on her laptop  ::) ) :)  :P

Very cute :)
And very seriously looking :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3493 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:39 AM

You look very serious for a five-year-old!
Good for you guys that you can upload old photographs!  I've gotten a little bit computer savvy, but not that much!  >:(

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3494 on: October 07, 2010, 07:55:47 PM
Wolfi is so cute!!  :P  :D :)  8)  :)
Yes a lot of times I am too serious  :) and I have always been like that since for ever  :) but I'm not always so serious of course just sometimes  :P I'll find some other picture where I'm not so serious  :P
Birba you know what I do with old photographs that are not digital (just on paper)... I just take a picture of those old pictures with a digital camera :) That's the easiest way :) well they get a little blurry and things like that but I think they're kinda ok anyway.... You just have to try to take a picture a few times and usually some are ok in the end  :P  8)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3495 on: October 07, 2010, 08:09:58 PM
Indeed, he is very cute.

Did not know colour film was widely available in the 50's.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3496 on: October 07, 2010, 08:12:59 PM
Indeed, he is very cute.

Did not know colour film was widely available in the 50's.

Thal

I don't know...it always came out of our cuckoo clock  8)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3497 on: October 07, 2010, 08:18:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA ;D
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3498 on: October 07, 2010, 08:32:36 PM
Must have been an advert clock from Kodak  ;D

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3499 on: October 08, 2010, 06:26:27 AM
Wolfi is so cute!!  :P  :D :)  8)  :)
Yes a lot of times I am too serious  :) and I have always been like that since for ever  :) but I'm not always so serious of course just sometimes  :P I'll find some other picture where I'm not so serious  :P
Birba you know what I do with old photographs that are not digital (just on paper)... I just take a picture of those old pictures with a digital camera :) That's the easiest way :) well they get a little blurry and things like that but I think they're kinda ok anyway.... You just have to try to take a picture a few times and usually some are ok in the end  :P  8)
RIGHT!  How dumb of me!  :P
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert