Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: How are you doing right now ?  (Read 47395 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you doing right now ?
Reply #100 on: November 27, 2010, 10:03:05 PM
That's a cool song :) and Swiss German is cool too! 8) Thanks for writing it Wolfi! I wouldn't understand everything if you didn't write it in English too! Specially not the third line. You say "mir" instead of "wir"? How do you say "mir" then ? :) Well thanks :) cool  :P

We say also "mir" :)

Mir wette= wir wollen= we want (well there are a few different dialects, some would say "Mir wänd" (Zürich) or "mir wänn" (Basel) or "mir wei" (Bern)) :P
Mir isch chalt= Mir ist kalt= I am cold

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #101 on: November 28, 2010, 08:41:56 PM
We say also "mir" :)

Mir wette= wir wollen= we want (well there are a few different dialects, some would say "Mir wänd" (Zürich) or "mir wänn" (Basel) or "mir wei" (Bern)) :P
Mir isch chalt= Mir ist kalt= I am cold
:) Hmm complicated :) but where do you say "Mir wette" then? Is that like no dialect, but the way it would be in a book?
So what would that song be like in German? :)
Schnee, Schnee, Schnee
Wir wollen ganz viel Schnee
Dicke Wolke komm doch unten  (:-\ )
(is tue'ne like tun?? well I'm not sure about this one...  :-\ )
Schnee, Schnee, Schnee
Wir wollen ganz viel Schnee :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #102 on: November 28, 2010, 09:06:31 PM
:) Hmm complicated :) but where do you say "Mir wette" then? Is that like no dialect, but the way it would be in a book?
So what would that song be like in German? :)
Schnee, Schnee, Schnee
Wir wollen ganz viel Schnee
Dicke Wolke komm doch unten  (:-\ )
(is tue'ne like tun?? well I'm not sure about this one...  :-\ )
Schnee, Schnee, Schnee
Wir wollen ganz viel Schnee :)

I think "wette" is what they say in Solothurn and environment :)

Cool your translation!

"Dicke Wolke komm doch runter" would be correct but then it doesn't rhyme anymore.
"Lade ganz viel Schnee ab" :) (Yes "tue" is like tun) would be correct but wouldn't rhyme either.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #103 on: November 30, 2010, 04:10:02 AM
...like being able to see and think clearly and deeply :)
Some amazing accomplishments of mankind sound like this one of your's. I think I feel like I can hear the sound :)

Hi Wolfi, thank you very much.  Yes, it does indeed sound.  For a couple of years now though I can't quite decipher what the sound is, exactly, that's in me.  Though admittedly, I don't actively try too often.  My composition teacher in University used to tell me to write *something* everyday.  I think that's probably a good practice, but I've never been able to do that since my youth.  As a child, especially for awhile as an adolescent, I would be "composing" at least one piece everyday (though sometimes it was more like three or four or more).  At the time I didn't think much of it, but now I wish sometimes I had that kind of innocence about just following an idea.  I think I want that back mainly because it led to a deeper connection with the instrument itself, but also I used to feel for a time like I was actually just letting music flow right through me, like it was just sitting there and all I had to do was play.  That's actually what most of my childhood felt like, as a matter of fact.  It felt that way until I actually became afraid of what people think about that music.  I know there's a lesson in that, but right now I'm too sleepy to think about it.  Obviously a lot of that music could've been junky by some stuffy's standards, but what I wouldn't give to have the faucet on, the ability to follow, and the ability to develop and fulfill a higher standard.  Well ...  :P.

And, PS, you know what?  I am a little intimidated by "journey" ... I don't know how others think about it really, and I realize it's not super complex in many ways, but at the same time, it's like I can't actually understand how that came out of me in a sitting, you know?  I actually don't understand it and it intimidates me.  And, actually, journey isn't the only one.  There are a number from that time in my life that I don't understand how I did.  I mean, I hear myself saying to myself that I am a person who grew up composing and improvising and such, but that person seems like a different person who did those improvs for a few(?) years.  I feel like some really deep part of me is seriously considering music and life, and it's such a deep part of me that I'm barely consciously aware of it most of the time.  It's more like I just feel lots of movement in there, deep, deep movement, and often I will have a melody or rhythm or several phrases at once come to the surface, as though deeply I am composing, but then it's not a conscious process.  It's all happening deeply ... though some of it surfaces enough for me to like it or dislike it ... and I just suspect that one day I will start another couple years of fruitfulness.  Like I have been composing all of this time and I'll sit down and a composition will just come out.  Somehow that seems about right.  I maybe should do some little composing everyday though, on paper or at the piano?  I don't know.  Okay, I'm going to sleepyville :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #104 on: November 30, 2010, 08:26:13 AM
SNOW YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #105 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:36 AM
Dear m1469

It will come back to you I think, it's only a question of time. You never know when exactly it will come but it will happen. And with the time it will get more clear where these things come from. There are a few pieces in my programs (I know which ones), played within 10 minutes or even less, where I know precisely that it literally took me centuries to "compose" them. They were in there, waiting for their time to be born.
(Thal will again say I'm on weed but I don't care  ;D )

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #106 on: November 30, 2010, 03:31:46 PM
GRRRRRRRRR!!!
All we have is wet fog.  Damn!

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #107 on: November 30, 2010, 05:59:15 PM
Dear m1469

It will come back to you I think, it's only a question of time. You never know when exactly it will come but it will happen. And with the time it will get more clear where these things come from. There are a few pieces in my programs (I know which ones), played within 10 minutes or even less, where I know precisely that it literally took me centuries to "compose" them. They were in there, waiting for their time to be born.
(Thal will again say I'm on weed but I don't care  ;D )

Yeah.  I mean, I think it's there, actually.  But, to have clearly these things come out, it's not just happening right now.  But, as I said, I'm not trying so much really right now, either.  Right now there are other things that feel more important to my overall progress, like feeling shapes on the piano in my body/hands/fingers, for one, and listening a particular way(s).  I feel like these are important steps for me no matter what I'm playing, even if it's my own stuff.  So, when I wrote "what I wouldn't give" isn't exactly as it seems.  Actually, lately, I simply can't seem to express myself correctly in writing ... which is a little odd, since that has for a long time been my survival expression.  It's as though everything I try to express only comes out in partial truths or can be taken in ways that are completely not true.  But, I almost feel like there's nothing I can do about it!  Ah well.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 08:22:25 PM
Thal are you happy about the snow??  :o well if you are that's really cool!  8)  :) and I wish you lots of snow!!  :)  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #109 on: November 30, 2010, 08:34:14 PM
I am not so happy now after a 3 mile walk home from work.

The buses were not running and the Thalmobile is not good to drive in the snow.

Tomorrow I skive off work and play piano.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #110 on: November 30, 2010, 08:39:25 PM
You should play piano and then go play in the snow for a while and then play some more piano!  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #111 on: November 30, 2010, 09:11:27 PM
I think I will bury my next door neighbours car in snow ;D

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #112 on: December 01, 2010, 01:31:48 PM
Hmm would it be very bad to bury downstairs neighbour in snow?  :-\  :o  ::)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #113 on: December 01, 2010, 02:21:29 PM
Well, if there is 6 foot of snow and he is only 5 foot 10, then I guess it would be bad.

Thal ;D
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #114 on: December 01, 2010, 08:42:29 PM
Well it's a she and she is a lot less than 5 foot 10 I'm sure... but we don't have 6 feet of snow anyway...  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #115 on: December 03, 2010, 08:56:07 PM
Why am I sooo sleepy now?  ::) annoying   :) :P I think I wanted to say something but I'm too sleepy now  :) Maybe it's cause our neighbour is waking us up  ::)  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #116 on: December 03, 2010, 09:49:22 PM
Why am I sooo sleepy now?  ::) annoying   :) :P I think I wanted to say something but I'm too sleepy now  :) Maybe it's cause our neighbour is waking us up  ::)  :)

hmmm

sometimes it's good to surprise grumpy and frustrated people like her...with sympathy and love.

Perhaps if you go there and give her a selection of tasty self-baked christmas-cookies and talk a bit with her...and be a bit attentive to her...perhaps she's just lonely and frustrated..
well of course I can't say :( sometimes if you come to people with a friendly gesture they change totally.
 Sometimes it's just all lost and they get even more angry and bullheaded...

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #117 on: December 04, 2010, 09:15:57 AM
I think you might have something there.  Maybe slip a little hash into those christmas cookies while you're at it.  ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #118 on: December 04, 2010, 02:02:30 PM
Well I do feel kinda sorry for our neighbour! And I was thinking that she was probably really sad and lonely because she is all alone and especially now during the holidays she's probably sad... I guess... cause everyone went away from her, first her husband and then two other guys she was living with and also her daughter went away really soon... so that's kinda sad  :( but I would be really scared to go see her  :( because she is always looking like she really hates you (she has always been looking really angry but now it's even worse I guess). But I was thinking maybe we should like send her a Merry Christmas and happy New year card  :-\ and me and my mum are now joking that we should really give her something because she always makes sure we don't sleep too late  ;D cause sometimes my mum wakes up a little too late and then she's late for work and now she doesn't have to worry about that anymore cause our neighbour is waking us up every morning  ;D  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #119 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:22 PM
Ok sorry for talking so much about our neighbour... but I just have to write about this again!! Today she sent us a letter again... and she wrote in the letter that she knew we were making toys or something and then selling them  ??? and that she wouldn't mind if that's how we earned some more money but that if this is why we were making so much noise all the time and waking her up at all hours that she would call the inspector and told them about our illegal toy making business.  :o and I am NOT kidding about this!!!! Even though it sounds just too crazy... but it's completely true!!!!! And we don't even know what to think about it! Well I got worried what if she really calls the inspectors or police or whatever and what if they come while we're not home and break into our apartement while my animals are home alone cause then they would get really scared and what if they would run away and get lost... but my parents said that they can't just break into our home just like that. But I'm still a little worried  :-\ I'm not sure if I wanna go to music theory today cause my dad won't be home and my mum won't be home and my animals will be home alone if I go too  :( Well I mean it's probably true that they can't just come while we're not home but I'll just be so nervous all the time now  :-\  :( ...
So well yes... anyone wants to buy some toys?  :P  :) Maybe I should post a link...  :P just kidding of course :) Ohhh what if she saw my Toys thread??  :o and that post where I posted those two toys I have made?!! I just remembered this now!  :-\
althought I'm pretty sure she can't speak English...
Oh I don't know.... just crazy!! And I was just thinking how to earn some money!! Now I'm scared to even think about it!
Oh well  ::)  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #120 on: December 06, 2010, 10:00:34 PM
As long as you're playing during normal times of the day and there aren't any laws against it, it's ok.  The neighbor can't do anything about it.  It would be nice if they didn't mind or you could do something to accomodate them but if they don't like any noise at all and it's legal, it's their problem. 

Save all the notes they give you.

If they do call the police, the police can't enter your place without a reason.  I wouldn't worry about that.  Even if you were illegally selling some stuff, the police might not do anything about it -- Murders, muggings, fires... or someone selling some toys out of their house, which will they spend their time on?  As long as you're not selling a ton of stuff probably no one will care (except this neighbor). 

You could find out what the law is but I from what I've heard it's usually something like between 9am and 5pm some noise is ok.  Unless you rent and have something in the rental contract or are part of a community that makes up some rules for itself. 

You could tell your parents not to put anything in writing or if they do to only put in writing what they're ok with having in court.  If the neighbor is nuts, don't give them anything that could help them. 

Are you in a big high-rise building?  I would be concerned about piano sound, but whatever the rules are is what you can follow.  If the neighbor gets annoyed, it's their problem -- They could always move too if they don't like the rules/law in the area.  By staying there, they're agreeing to follow all the rules/laws.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #121 on: December 08, 2010, 08:50:31 PM
Thanks Bob!!  :) Well we are not selling anything... althought I'm thinking it could be a good idea to earn some money like that :P  :P ...
Well my parents say that here the noise is ok from 8am to 10 pm... but I never play after 8 pm (well sometimes a few minutes after 8pm but with silent pedal).
And my parents haven't written anything back to that neighbour... first my mum thought she would but then she didn't... so I don't know if they will write anything or not...
Oh and we don't really live in a high-rise building, we live in a small apartment building that has 4 stories or floors or whatever that's called... and we're on the fourth floor (and that neighbour is on the third). And today she woke us up again at 4. 45. am...  ::)  :)  :P So she is really the one that is making noise when she shouldn't and waking people up... and we just don't know why... I mean how could we prove that we're not making noise if she says we are  :-\ Oh well we'll see what happens I guess...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #122 on: December 08, 2010, 10:24:47 PM
Haha... You should report them for violating the hours of the noise ordinance.  
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #123 on: December 08, 2010, 10:30:13 PM
Just in case littletune is making toys, I would like a hairy spider.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #124 on: December 10, 2010, 03:17:33 PM
 :D  :P Ok I'll remember... a hairy spider for Thal!  :P  ;D Well... actually once me and my friend made a pretty big spider (but it wasn't hairy)  cause we wanted to scare her English teacher  ;D  :P but not a teacher from school... she had a teacher who was teaching her at home so she would get better at English... and sometimes I was at my friends house too when she had her English lesson. And once we wanted to really scare her teacher and we made a big spider and hanged it from the ceiling exactly above the chair where she was always sitting so it would be exactly above her head. And we thought she was going to get really scared... but she didn't get scared AT ALL  ::) .... when she saw that spider she was like: Oh what a great spider!!!!! And then she was looking at it and touching it and saying that we had made a really cool spider... and we were like  ::)   :)  :P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #125 on: December 12, 2010, 10:17:16 PM
Recently, I realized very clearly that even the world's most spiritual leaders, and even with the world's advancements in other ways (technologically, intellectually, psychologically), there has not been a particular individual who has brought about world peace.  In some way, I think there already IS world peace, but it is a kind of hidden thing.  What I think though is that, perhaps, world peace is not the goal.  Honestly, if Jesus really did exist, he didn't achieve it.  And, if the kinds of things he did were true, I would think that he would be somebody who at least would have been aiming at world peace, you know?  But, that's not what happened.  Nobody has caused it to happen outwardly.

So, I started thinking about that a bit.  Maybe it's not the goal.  Sometimes I think people look at other people's examples and say "well, if they couldn't/didn't do it, why could/should I be able to" (with whatever thing) and that's not what I mean, either.  What I mean is that, truly, maybe it's not the goal.  Something else is.  I think that the worlds greatest individuals have given us tools, and in fact we each have to work things out individually.  Not that helping each other is impossible or unnecessary or wrong, but there's something we each have to come to grips with inside of our own hearts and souls, and within our own lives.  And, that's somehow tricky, because it actually DOES involve the world and how we experience it and think about it.  It involves other people.  I mean, maybe as we each utilize particular tools, and as we each demonstrate higher abilities to use them, maybe at some point world peace would be achieved ... as a result of something else.

But, along those lines, I don't even think world peace is what it seems.  I think that most people, if they try to imagine it, imagine something like placidness at all times and in all ways.  I don't think anymore that's what it means.  I think rather what it means is a type of activity, a kind of constant activity, and this activity is somehow vital and brilliant and all-encompassing.

In the meantime, lately I wonder if there is anymore even such a thing as a concert career?  I mean, I know there are people out there making a living by way of giving concerts, but it seems like something is always sacrificed for it.  Sometimes even the music itself.  And, so I wonder, is there actually a "thing" ... an office of any sort, where a great artist, not just piano player, has a place giving concerts in the world for a living?  It's almost as though artists are taking on a different kind of life or a different kind of meaning.  Nowadays, it seems, it's not just out of necessity as though an artist can't make it in the world as an artist, but as though there is a newish kind of office being born (not entirely new, though).  These days an artist is also a teacher, not because they have to be in order to make ends meet (even if that is actually true), but it's not enough anymore that somebody has chops and can plow through hoards of repertoire.  Artistic playing requires thoughtful repose, deep study, spiritual growth and life, and then it's almost as though it actually REQUIRES teaching in the sense that the individual sharing his/her knowledge in this way brings about a different sort of artist altogether.  I don't claim to understand how it all works yet though, so please understand that I don't mean to offend.

Lately though, I look at the piano and the keys ... and, it's as though it looks dated to me.  I'm not sure why.  This is partly due to some reading I did not TOO long ago regarding the forerunners of the piano, and then in part because of the seemingly changing music world ...

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #126 on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:43 PM

In the meantime, lately I wonder if there is anymore even such a thing as a concert career?  I mean, I know there are people out there making a living by way of giving concerts, but it seems like something is always sacrificed for it.  Sometimes even the music itself.  

I am sure sometimes the music must suffer. Can you imagine being contracted to play something that you despise? Can you imagine having to play on a certain night when you have a bad headache and wind??

Surely it is not possible to be artistic at these times.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #127 on: December 12, 2010, 10:56:47 PM

Artistic playing requires thoughtful repose, deep study, spiritual growth and life, and then it's almost as though it actually REQUIRES teaching in the sense that the individual sharing his/her knowledge in this way brings about a different sort of artist altogether.  

This is why i blow a fuse when i see all these "rocketpiano" type adverts here.

Is not one hour with your teacher worth a billion hours on the internet??

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #128 on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:43 PM
I am sure sometimes the music must suffer. Can you imagine being contracted to play something that you despise? Can you imagine having to play on a certain night when you have a bad headache and wind??

Thal

Yes, these are good points.  I do think that the artist can actually make art out of bad situations and even bad music, too (and music that they may even despise).  I think these are all very tricky things, for sure.  But, sometimes it seems lately like the most profound artists are people who do give concerts, but who also teach and even have family lives, etc.  And, I don't mean to imply that anybody out there giving concerts for an actual living must thereby not be an artist ... but, I guess I started thinking about if I wanted to aim for a performing career, what am I actually aiming for anymore?  Is there an actual "office" anymore ... ?  Right now it seems that rather I would want to aim at just more or less living the art at every moment possible (not that I achieve this, but perhaps it's a decent goal).  I mean, great art, very profoundly meaningful experiences often take place behind closed doors where there are very few witnesses ... and I start feeling like ... what does that mean? (of course).  No offense to people with huge concert careers, but I think there is something missing if the pieces don't have real time to incubate and for details to be worked out.  I do understand though that it takes more time for some people than for others to work this stuff out.  But, sometimes it seems that if you could generalize about today's concert artists, it's that details and depth are perhaps somehow missing a bit -- I mean maybe somebody like Lang Lang, for example (sorry).  Maybe I'm not percieving it correctly though.

This is why i blow a fuse when i see all these "rocketpiano" type adverts here.

Is not one hour with your teacher worth a billion hours on the internet??

Thal

Well, I suppose it all depends a bit, but yes, in general I would agree that one hour with a good/right teacher is worth billions spent in various other ways.  I think that part of what bothers me though about something like rocketpiano (though I admit that I haven't thoroughly checked it out) is that it seems the general public is becoming "dumbed down" a bit when it comes to instrumental and musical art.  At the same time I myself want to play the piano and I might end up choosing, at some point in my life, a path that others may disagree with.

What's very strange to me though is that "Classical" music, the actual classic era style, was born as a means to give amateurs something great to play at home, but was also a time of the rise in the concert artist ... yet, now most Classical music is "beyond" the average individual and the concert artist's "office" is a bit dying.  Am I wrong?  It all seems very strange to me.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #129 on: December 12, 2010, 11:59:35 PM
What's very strange to me though is that "Classical" music, the actual classic era style, was born as a means to give amateurs something great to play at home, but was also a time of the rise in the concert artist 

I feel the rise of the amateur was somewhat later than than the true classical era. I remember reading somewhere that in 1790 there was something like 8 piano shops in London but 40 years later there was over 300. I might have got the figures wrong, but you can see my drift.

When pianos became more widely produced and affordable, composers like Hunten & Herz made fortunes by targeting the amateur market and produced myriads of "playable" pieces for amateurs. I doubt if this was too much in the mind of Mozart or Beethoven.

No doubt the classical era witnessed the early stages of the performing artist as an independent agent, but it was not until the romantic era with the likes of Paganini and Liszt that they were anything like we see today.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #130 on: December 13, 2010, 12:05:09 AM
But, sometimes it seems lately like the most profound artists are people who do give concerts, but who also teach and even have family lives, etc.  

Perhaps there is a lot of truth in this. I have a feeling that concert pianists today are produced like a car in a giant factory. They are put together in a robotic fashion and then come off the production line as a finished article, all sounding the same.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #131 on: December 13, 2010, 12:08:05 AM
yet, now most Classical music is "beyond" the average individual

Well, it is certainly beyond me my little foxy.

Thal

Curator/Director

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #132 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:43 AM
Can you imagine having to play on a certain night when you have a bad headache and wind??

Thal
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Maybe while playing the g minor Rach. prelude!  ;D

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #133 on: December 15, 2010, 03:34:22 AM
Well, it is certainly beyond me my little foxy.

Thal

Somehow I doubt that, Thaly.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #134 on: December 16, 2010, 12:46:21 PM
Can't sleep.  Well, okay, 2 hours ago I couldn't sleep, I've stopped trying since about an hour and a half ago.  I got about 3 hours of sleep.  I'm thinking about ... piano.  Lately, I can't stop thinking about what it means to be a "concert pianist".  That's not ALL that new for me to be thinking about it, but something's different regarding that consideration, very recently.

I've got a few five year old students these days, and though one has often been great, another has been extremely challenging.  He's the only student I've ever had where I've seriously considered telling the parents that it's not working out (after 3 months).  Yet, I feel strangely curious about the whole thing.  I was considering the idea of concert pianists being made like cars, as Thal mentioned above, and between that and a number of other factors, I tried a(nother) new strategy on this particular 5 year old yesterday (lately I am trying a completely new strategy every, single lesson).  It strangely opened my eyes and I strangely can't stop being curious about the possibilities of this situation, and so even more each day I don't give up on the situation.

Why, oh why, do I wake up so early because of music and the piano?  Well, time to commence practicing for the day ... I'll be thinking clearly, I'll make a point, but I'm pretty sure that until the daylight comes, this will feel a bit like a dream.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #135 on: December 16, 2010, 07:55:04 PM
HEHE, I have a large bunch of mistletoe :-*

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #136 on: December 16, 2010, 08:19:54 PM
*gives Thal a friendly, cyber foxy smooch before he can resist me!*

I feel like I'ma having deja vu ... for some reason.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #137 on: December 16, 2010, 08:27:47 PM
Slight increase in heart rate ;D
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #138 on: December 16, 2010, 08:29:24 PM
Slight increase in heart rate ;D
This all sounds wonderfully healthy nevertheless!...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #139 on: December 16, 2010, 08:36:15 PM
agreed
Curator/Director

Offline djealnla

• PS Silver Member
Reply #140 on: December 16, 2010, 09:10:05 PM
When pianos became more widely produced and affordable, composers like Hunten & Herz made fortunes by targeting the amateur market and produced myriads of "playable" pieces for amateurs. I doubt if this was too much in the mind of Mozart or Beethoven.

What do you mean by this?

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #141 on: December 16, 2010, 09:52:43 PM
I have no idea, I was pissed at the time.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #142 on: December 17, 2010, 01:51:29 PM
Well it's complicated... I was REALLY happy about December and holidays and all that... and now I don't know if I'm that happy anymore  :-\ It's just that noone has any time AT ALL!! people have even less time than when it's not december and holidays! Like my mum... she is at work ALL days now! Like from 7 am to 6 or even 7 pm!!  :o And when she comes home she is just sooo tired! And also I thought my friend was coming back at least for holidays but she is not...
And of course I am scared of my Christmas recital (which is in 4 days!).  and I'm afraid my fingers won't be working ok! :-\
But well it doesn't matter I guess  ::)
A few days ago I was dreaming that I was learning to play violin... I mean not just violin, piano too of course... but it's still kinda weird because I have never been thinking about learning violin, I really wanna try to learn cello some day... but learning violin was kinda cool in my dreams too  :P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #143 on: December 18, 2010, 04:59:00 PM
I feel angry!  You know what makes me angry?  I am trying to read ONE book and I'm only about 20 pages in and I have so many deep and obssessive questions that I can hardly concentrate on what I'm supposed to be learning anymore.  This is so stupid!  How am I supposed to be able to learn ANYTHING like this?  It just paralyzes me and I hate it.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #144 on: December 18, 2010, 05:48:37 PM
pheeew second recording session is over, two more to come soon...
I am knackered :P

Offline dapianokid

• PS Silver Member
Reply #145 on: December 18, 2010, 08:16:47 PM
I feel ticked at this. I usually get something after a while... but this rhythm has driven me insane.
You are breathing. But now, your doing it manually. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFI2cphuN0 <-- That's not music, it's a trip to heaven and back. :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #146 on: December 20, 2010, 09:10:32 PM
So tomorrow is my Christmas recital! well.......... :P

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #147 on: December 20, 2010, 09:17:27 PM
In bocca al lupo!!!  (you have to answer under your breath "crepi lupo!")   ;D

Offline dapianokid

• PS Silver Member
Reply #148 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:49 PM
Idk im fine thanks for asking.
You are breathing. But now, your doing it manually. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFI2cphuN0 <-- That's not music, it's a trip to heaven and back. :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #149 on: December 21, 2010, 12:23:53 AM
ahhhhh ... the opportunity to slow my whole inner being down and take in a day in such a quiet and peaceful way.  Some of my favorite moments in the past three days are these times when even the refrigerator is not running to cool itself and the heater's fan is not blowing.  And, I can't hear any cars outside or any other noise from outside and there is just this stillness in the house.  This kind of calmness and stillness that becomes palpable.  Today I am watching the sunset while I sit on my couch and peer out my living room window.  The sun dropped behind the ridge at 3:30pm!!  I've been so busy and sometimes I literally don't go outside for even a moment for days in a row, that I actually had no idea it snuck behind the ridge so early!  It blew my mind!

Such a great day.  Woke up, rolled out of bed, went to my couch and read and thought and went to the piano and practiced a ton.  Watched some YouTubes, listened to some other recordings.  Such a great day.  It's not even over!  Ciao!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert