Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: What are you eating right now ?  (Read 85375 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Re: What are you eating right now ?
Reply #700 on: April 28, 2012, 01:48:45 AM
Ohh, those plates. . .

Your tilapia dinner looks like it's from a fabulous restaurant.  It looks delicioius, and beautifully presented!

Thanks!

I may have to go back to the drawing board with my dinner service. ;D

Somehow, I doubt it  :P.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #701 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:31 PM
Make no mistake, that knife is there and looks menacing on purpose; it's there to fend off anybody who gets remotely close to my food!  Whole mushrooms "baked" in a pan are my new favorite thing EVAH!  I also cooked the asparaguy in there ... it was yummy to my tummy!!!

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #702 on: May 01, 2012, 08:50:14 AM
Make no mistake, that knife is there and looks menacing on purpose; it's there to fend off anybody who gets remotely close to my food!  Whole mushrooms "baked" in a pan are my new favorite thing EVAH!  I also cooked the asparaguy in there ... it was yummy to my tummy!!!

The blue plate special! :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #703 on: May 05, 2012, 07:15:23 PM

My brother cooked this for Saturday evening meal.

No idea what it is or what it consists of, but washed down with half a gallon of ale, it was lovely.

Thal

Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline essynia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #704 on: May 06, 2012, 02:34:02 AM
Thal - that looks phenomenal. The half-gallon of ale doesn't sound half bad either :).

Currently downing a nice dry glass of Merlot while I'm up late cooking dog food... Might saure a few onions, mushrooms, and jalapenos later tonight, but we shall seev:). Life is good.

Offline essynia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #705 on: May 06, 2012, 02:34:48 AM
** sauté

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #706 on: May 06, 2012, 09:22:44 AM
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #707 on: May 09, 2012, 02:58:56 AM
In my mind I am eating Chinese food, but in reality I am eating air.

Offline essynia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #708 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:32 PM
In my mind I am eating Chinese food, but in reality I am eating air.

Lol what?

Offline ronniemilsont

• PS Silver Member
Reply #709 on: May 14, 2012, 04:59:47 PM
Right now I am eating my dinner. In my dinner there are four chappati, vegetables, green salad and butter milk. My dinner is so delicious and I am loving it.

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #710 on: May 16, 2012, 11:48:07 AM
a lot of painkillers and panadol.. as I decided to move my piano to the garage not realizing it would get stuck on the few mm's at the front door, and the wheels in the cobblestone drive.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #711 on: May 17, 2012, 10:09:14 PM
having boring left overs wishing it was asian pizza like this guy's having.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #712 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:21 AM
Smoked fish and potato pie with cheese on top. I made a very big chancho of myself with this one. Nothing training won't fix.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline austinarg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #713 on: May 27, 2012, 01:25:28 AM
Just treated my family with my home-made pizza, like every Saturday night.
“Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.” - Thelonious Monk

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #714 on: May 27, 2012, 07:41:04 PM

A small snack. Goulash a la Thal washed down with a gallon of Guinness.

The recipe is a closely guarded secret.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #715 on: May 27, 2012, 07:57:22 PM

A small snack. Goulash a la Thal washed down with a gallon of Guinness.

The recipe is a closely guarded secret.
Hmmm! Hope you enjoyed this. If only the Guinness were an even more closely guarded secret!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #716 on: May 27, 2012, 08:19:00 PM
There is some goulash left if you want to try some.

I think not though.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #717 on: May 28, 2012, 03:07:43 AM
Thal, I am SO jealous!!!  I am *so* hungry right now, it looks so good, and I believe I could devour the entire thing.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #718 on: May 28, 2012, 07:15:31 AM
I've never seen anything like that.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #719 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:37 PM
just eggs. 5 of them. fried in coconut oil (lots of it).  salt and pepper.
couple of squares of 90% coco dark chocolate.

*in shapety shape diet mode so things stay very basic.  right now in a small ketogenic cycle hece high fat no carb (really don't do the starches unless i need to fuel a demadning workout).

Offline patrickd

• PS Silver Member
Reply #720 on: May 28, 2012, 05:25:50 PM
Jambalaya ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #721 on: May 28, 2012, 06:01:11 PM
I am *so* hungry right now, it looks so good, and I believe I could devour the entire thing.

hehe, I would like to hear you sing after 8 pints of Guinness.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline essynia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #722 on: May 28, 2012, 06:21:13 PM
Salt. Lol my sodium levels were down to 127, so I have to eat potato chips for  few days. Currently eating Annie's organic cheddar bunny snack mix and watching the last episode of House. Life could be worse.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #723 on: May 28, 2012, 06:26:40 PM
hehe, I would like to hear you sing after 8 pints of Guinness.

Thal

Impossible.  If I ever drank 8 pints of Guinness, I would be dead.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #724 on: May 28, 2012, 06:36:43 PM
Having coffee with a 1/4 pint of Guinness. ;)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #725 on: May 28, 2012, 09:08:29 PM
Having coffee with a 1/4 pint of Guinness. ;)

That sounds really yummy, and the perfect amount.  I think they make a coffee Guinness, don't they?  And a chocolate one?  I've never tried those. 

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #726 on: May 28, 2012, 10:56:23 PM

My big meal of the day.  Not exactly a mind-blower, but I'm grateful for the foods :).

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #727 on: May 29, 2012, 05:59:17 AM
Impossible.  If I ever drank 8 pints of Guinness, I would be dead.
And there are surely less tortuous ways in which to take one's own life than death by Guinness! Years ago when I was quite seriously underweight I was actually advised by my doctor to drink Guinness daily (albeit not 14l thereof!); I got to thinking that, if this was to be the only solution to the problem, I'd better stay underweight...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #728 on: May 29, 2012, 06:07:39 AM
I haven't had Guinness in a long time but for awhile, if I ever drank (and if I were to drink beer), that's what I would order (we're talking a few years ago).  I recently had a kind of dark beer called a "terminator" ... it was delicious.  That's not made by Guinness, is it?  Alistair, you are a wine guy, no?

Offline zezhyrule

• PS Silver Member
Reply #729 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:24 AM
Dr Pepper. I've gone through a 24pk in the past three days.

That's healthy, right?  o____o
Currently learning -

- Bach: P&F in F Minor (WTC 2)
- Chopin: Etude, Op. 25, No. 5
- Beethoven: Sonata, Op. 31, No. 3
- Scriabin: Two Poems, Op. 32
- Debussy: Prelude Bk II No. 3

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #730 on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:40 AM

My big meal of the day.  Not exactly a mind-blower, but I'm grateful for the foods :).

It looks good. :)  What's the white stuff on the bottom right?

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #731 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:12 AM
That sounds really yummy, and the perfect amount.  I think they make a coffee Guinness, don't they?  And a chocolate one?  I've never tried those. 

Don't know about a coffee Guinness.  I've been drinking New England Coffee French Vanilla.  It'll be gone in a few weeks or so, so I'd like to try something new.  Any suggestions? :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #732 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:22 PM
Don't know about a coffee Guinness.  I've been drinking New England Coffee French Vanilla.  It'll be gone in a few weeks or so, so I'd like to try something new.  Any suggestions? :)

Yeah, I got curious and very quickly tried to google coffee and chocolate Guinness, and I think I was getting it confused with other beers (because I know that chocolate and coffee beers do exist!).  Maybe Guinness only makes their original?  I don't really know.  I wish I could recommend a nice coffee for you!  I am not actively a connoisseur and rather just get what is on sale - but I do always make sure to go for a dark roast.  I'll tell you what the best coffee I've ever had is, and that is when we roasted green coffee beans ourselves!  It was in a league of its own!  We had received a small coffee roaster as a gift along with some green coffee beans, and it's really quite a flavor.  We would buy green beans to restock, but we used the roaster until it gave up the ghost.  That's been years ago now.

Offline albertus_magnus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #733 on: May 29, 2012, 06:22:54 PM
Acai chews.  ;D

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #734 on: May 29, 2012, 06:57:31 PM
It looks good. :)  What's the white stuff on the bottom right?

Well, to me there seems only one bottom and it's a point, and those are radishes.  But, just above those, to the right, is shredded chicken breast.  It's a relatively yummy meal, but I have it A LOT.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #735 on: May 29, 2012, 08:14:47 PM
Well, to me there seems only one bottom and it's a point, and those are radishes.  But, just above those, to the right, is shredded chicken breast.  It's a relatively yummy meal, but I have it A LOT.

Shredded chicken breast, okay.  I have fallen out with radishes.  I used to put them in my salads.  Mine usually consists of romaine, cucumbers, and tomatoes.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #736 on: May 30, 2012, 02:49:15 AM
I like radishes ... especially the easter egg ones (which I haven't had in a while), where they are an assortment of colors.  Those are a little bit more subtle in flavor, less "woody," more tender and just pretty much delicious.  

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #737 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:21 AM
Yeah, I got curious and very quickly tried to google coffee and chocolate Guinness, and I think I was getting it confused with other beers (because I know that chocolate and coffee beers do exist!).  Maybe Guinness only makes their original?  I don't really know.  I wish I could recommend a nice coffee for you!  I am not actively a connoisseur and rather just get what is on sale - but I do always make sure to go for a dark roast.  I'll tell you what the best coffee I've ever had is, and that is when we roasted green coffee beans ourselves!  It was in a league of its own!  We had received a small coffee roaster as a gift along with some green coffee beans, and it's really quite a flavor.  We would buy green beans to restock, but we used the roaster until it gave up the ghost.  That's been years ago now.

Dark roast, okay.  I have a coffee grinder, so I could get some beans and make fresh coffee.  The coffee roaster you had must have been nice.

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Reply #738 on: May 30, 2012, 10:58:03 AM
Yeah, I got curious and very quickly tried to google coffee and chocolate Guinness, and I think I was getting it confused with other beers (because I know that chocolate and coffee beers do exist!).  Maybe Guinness only makes their original?  I don't really know.  I wish I could recommend a nice coffee for you!  I am not actively a connoisseur and rather just get what is on sale - but I do always make sure to go for a dark roast.  I'll tell you what the best coffee I've ever had is, and that is when we roasted green coffee beans ourselves!  It was in a league of its own!  We had received a small coffee roaster as a gift along with some green coffee beans, and it's really quite a flavor.  We would buy green beans to restock, but we used the roaster until it gave up the ghost.  That's been years ago now.

Hi m1469,

The taste notes of coffee and chocolate are a result of the use of smoky/roasted dark malts in some beer styles--namely Porters and Stouts.  If you go to the craft beer section of your nearest grocery store you should be able to find at least a couple examples of these types of beer.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #739 on: May 30, 2012, 01:31:47 PM
plain chicken.

90% dark chocolate.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #740 on: May 30, 2012, 02:08:28 PM
Hi m1469,

The taste notes of coffee and chocolate are a result of the use of smoky/roasted dark malts in some beer styles--namely Porters and Stouts.  If you go to the craft beer section of your nearest grocery store you should be able to find at least a couple examples of these types of beer.

I thought that there were some brews that actually use coffee or chocolate in them.  I don't drink at home, but once in a blue moon while I am out (which in and of itself is almost never ... haha).  But, maybe out of curiosity, I will take a peek next time I'm at the grocery store!

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #741 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:07 PM
Dark roast, okay.  I have a coffee grinder, so I could get some beans and make fresh coffee.  The coffee roaster you had must have been nice.

The roaster and beans came from "William's Brewing," where they also cater to wine making and beer brewing.  It. was. de. li. cious  :o.  But, that was all just small scale and the roaster we had was sort of like an air popcorn popper, and because of that, it didn't necessarily evenly roast all of the beans.  I imagine there is a very amazing bean (so far I'm not crazy about trying the one that comes from bat poopy), freshly roasted in a big roaster, brewed up just before it comes to you ... that's my dream cup o' coffee ... with cream (and some cane sugar) ... mmmmm

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #742 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:53 AM
The roaster and beans came from "William's Brewing," where they also cater to wine making and beer brewing.  It. was. de. li. cious  :o.  But, that was all just small scale and the roaster we had was sort of like an air popcorn popper, and because of that, it didn't necessarily evenly roast all of the beans.  I imagine there is a very amazing bean (so far I'm not crazy about trying the one that comes from bat poopy), freshly roasted in a big roaster, brewed up just before it comes to you ... that's my dream cup o' coffee ... with cream (and some cane sugar) ... mmmmm

Thanks. :)  I was reading their article on "Why Roast" and looking at their roasters.  Cool. :)  I'm really interested.  You can't beat fresh.  

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #743 on: June 01, 2012, 12:44:04 PM
well i'm not eating baby that's for sure. i didn't even know they had found a way to get the cooked fast enough for the drive through

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #744 on: June 01, 2012, 07:14:58 PM
recovery meal. big hunk of meat (brisket i slow cooked this week), big baked plain organic red garnet yam.

water.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #745 on: June 10, 2012, 07:08:37 PM

A nice snack for dinner today.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #746 on: June 17, 2012, 06:38:32 PM

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #747 on: June 18, 2012, 09:06:49 AM
That looks really tasty Thal !

Tonight we had a topside casserole, a goulash really, with plenty of paprika. I treated it as a soup and dunked buttered bread in it, an eating technique which my wife deplores, but which I persist in using.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #748 on: June 22, 2012, 09:42:24 PM
Thal, I enjoy the two random-seeming strips of bacon, and the whole thing looks delicious! mmm ... fooooooddddd.

I just finished a little serving of broiled tofu with a couple of roasted mini-peppers.  Pretty yummy ... too lazy to put a photo.

Last night I watched a show called "sweet genius" where cooks had to compete with each other in categories of desserts.  They did things like mix caviar with cake, or squid ink into ice cream.  I like cooking shows :).

Offline zezhyrule

• PS Silver Member
Reply #749 on: June 22, 2012, 09:57:49 PM
Haha, sweet genius. That show is so sad.  ::)

Good Eats was the only cooking show I could bear, and then it went and got canceled. At only 249 episodes. Couldn't even make it to 250  :'(
Currently learning -

- Bach: P&F in F Minor (WTC 2)
- Chopin: Etude, Op. 25, No. 5
- Beethoven: Sonata, Op. 31, No. 3
- Scriabin: Two Poems, Op. 32
- Debussy: Prelude Bk II No. 3
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert