Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: How are you doing right now ?  (Read 47898 times)

Offline thinkgreenlovepiano

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you doing right now ?
Reply #350 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:46 PM
littletune, I think you're lucky you don't have an asian parent;

If I ever said that to my mom, you're sure to find me outside of a smashed window... ;D

In other news, if you're wanting to learn English words, the English word for

"to throw out of a window" is defenestrate ;D

Defenestrate... kind of like in French... Fenêtre, which was once spelt fenestre :O :D

PS: Don't stereotype Asian parents  ::)
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
~Leopold Stokowski

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #351 on: April 14, 2011, 03:15:36 AM
PS: Don't stereotype Asian parents  ::)

Agreed :)

I'm actually doing quite well - on top of my work for once! And yet, I'm not sleeping any more... I think at least in part because I've conditioned myself to feel "lazy" for sleeping more than 5 hours... stupid overachieving/procrastination university culture  >:(
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #352 on: April 19, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
I feel like I haven't been on Pianostreet for sooo long! I had sooo much to do! And that translating thing was really difficult and sooo much work! I'm really tired now! But we have almost holidays!!!  :P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #353 on: April 24, 2011, 10:46:41 PM
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #354 on: April 28, 2011, 02:23:24 AM
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #355 on: May 18, 2011, 03:20:59 AM
I'm pretty stoked right now, as I've just received an email informing that I am a winner of a huge prize.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #356 on: May 23, 2011, 04:34:28 PM
I'ma spiceya meata-balla. 

*bring it*

???  <----- that's my meatball face with smoke coming out of it.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #357 on: June 05, 2011, 11:18:29 PM
I'm sleeping.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #358 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:02 AM
I'm sleeping.
You type in your sleep? A-May-zing!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #359 on: June 06, 2011, 04:41:36 PM
I'm so hungry I could eat a bear.
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #360 on: June 07, 2011, 12:09:32 AM
I'm so hungry I could eat a bear.

Jessie...have you seen my improv. on the improv. section?
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #361 on: June 07, 2011, 12:37:04 AM
I'm still looking for it.  I'll post when I find it.
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline hastur

• PS Silver Member
Reply #362 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:26 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *panic mode*

Haven't practiced properly for almost a month >_<

Ever since I moved in with my boyfriend (in a 10sqm apartment) I haven't had a place to have my digital piano at so that I can sit down with it whenever I feel like it. This has kinda killed my "practice at the very least an hour per day" life-style, and I'm hating it!

Can't wait to get a new bigger apartment. :S

*hides in a corner and mopes silently*
My current to-do list:
* Yann Tiersen
~ La Valse d'Amélie
* Beethoven
~ "Pathétique" II. Adagio
* Petzold
Menuet in G minor (BWV 115)
* Satie
- Gymnopédie No. 3

Offline jollisg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #363 on: June 08, 2011, 06:31:47 PM
My feet hurts! I have bought new soles (I'm kind of flat foot). I'm not really used to it, so it.. hurts..

But now I'm going and practice piano, so the pain will GO AWAY :D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #364 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:59 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *panic mode*

Haven't practiced properly for almost a month >_<

Ever since I moved in with my boyfriend (in a 10sqm apartment) I haven't had a place to have my digital piano at so that I can sit down with it whenever I feel like it. This has kinda killed my "practice at the very least an hour per day" life-style, and I'm hating it!

Can't wait to get a new bigger apartment. :S

*hides in a corner and mopes silently*

That's entirely wrong. Don't wait, don't hide'n'mope, just get out of this situation. Asap. Just my opinion.

Offline hastur

• PS Silver Member
Reply #365 on: June 08, 2011, 07:37:17 PM
That's entirely wrong. Don't wait, don't hide'n'mope, just get out of this situation. Asap. Just my opinion.

It's really difficult though, I'm between jobs, and my bf is a student, so we can't buy a new apartment until I get employed again. >_<
My current to-do list:
* Yann Tiersen
~ La Valse d'Amélie
* Beethoven
* Petzold
* Satie
- Gymnopédie No. 3

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #366 on: June 08, 2011, 07:55:00 PM
You type in your sleep? A-May-zing!

Best,

Alistair

Yeah, I'm a-may-zing like that  :P :).

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #367 on: June 08, 2011, 07:55:17 PM
It's really difficult though, I'm between jobs, and my bf is a student, so we can't buy a new apartment until I get employed again. >_<

So sorry to read that  :'( But perhaps your digital needs less than 2 sqm? :)

Offline hastur

• PS Silver Member
Reply #368 on: June 08, 2011, 08:21:43 PM
So sorry to read that  :'( But perhaps your digital needs less than 2 sqm? :)

Well, it doesn't need much more than that, but the apartment barely holds a small bed that we share, and two desktops, one each. We are incredibly cramped for space.. Perhaps if I find a better piano stand I can make it work. : /
My current to-do list:
* Yann Tiersen
~ La Valse d'Amélie
* Beethoven
* Petzold
* Satie
- Gymnopédie No. 3

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #369 on: June 08, 2011, 08:33:51 PM
If you have a digital like the Yamaha P85 you could search for a cheap foldable stand, and if the piano isn't in use, fold the stand and put the piano somewhere in a corner, or under the bed.

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #370 on: June 08, 2011, 08:43:22 PM
If you have a digital like the Yamaha P85 you could search for a cheap foldable stand, and if the piano isn't in use, fold the stand and put the piano somewhere in a corner, or under the bed.

When my home was in reform, I had no place to put my DP too.  When I wanted to practice, I just put it over my bed and at the end I kept under the bed

Offline hastur

• PS Silver Member
Reply #371 on: June 08, 2011, 09:05:56 PM
When my home was in reform, I had no place to put my DP too.  When I wanted to practice, I just put it over my bed and at the end I kept under the bed

^ this is kinda the issue, I need it to be available at all times, otherwise I lose focus too easily to practice properly. I need to have it nearby, and ready to play at, otherwise it takes too much effort to set it up. (Got a Yamaha NP30, seemingly the best choice for the price/key-quality/sample-quality ratio)
My current to-do list:
* Yann Tiersen
~ La Valse d'Amélie
* Beethoven
* Petzold
* Satie
- Gymnopédie No. 3

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #372 on: June 09, 2011, 01:12:43 AM
i think you should start a topic about your problem.

Offline hastur

• PS Silver Member
Reply #373 on: June 09, 2011, 12:47:29 PM
i think you should start a topic about your problem.
Dunno, I can't even think of a feasible solution at the moment. We got zero space, and little to no money to spend on anything at the moment.
My current to-do list:
* Yann Tiersen
~ La Valse d'Amélie
* Beethoven
* Petzold
* Satie
- Gymnopédie No. 3

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #374 on: June 09, 2011, 06:39:51 PM
I'm cool  8) I'm learning a lot of music theory now... And I'm happy because I got back the test from Saturday (when we had exams at our music school) and I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! I didn't have any mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!! I got 100%  :o I was like: WHAT?? when my teacher told me... and she said she was really happy and that that's really special to get 100% (and it was a long test, two pages and also two dictations at the end)... I can't believe it!!! And then others said I was a nerd  ::) (or I'm not sure if that's the same word as in my language, but something like that), but they were kidding... specially one boy was joking about it all the time and then I punched him in the arm a little  :P
And then when we were checking some exercises (that we had for homework) the teacher asked me: Did you have any mistakes on this page? and I said: no, and she said: ok I'm just checking if I did everything right... and then she was asking me all the time...  :) and I mean it's cool and I was happy, but it's scary too... I mean it's like everyone now expects me to do everything right and that I won't have any mistakes... and it's scary because I know I can still make a lot of mistakes and I don't want people to be disappointed then  :-\ Oh well...
this is my 100% and I got a smiley!  :)  :)  :)

Well I'm really afraid I won't do so good at that other school cause I'll be nervous  :-\ ...

Oh I forgot to ask my teacher something... when you're conducting (if that's the right word)... do you do it the same for 3/4 and 3/8 time signature? Or can it be different? Or is it always just the same? (I mean like the way you move your arm).

Oh... something that I saw today... is it a "piece" or a "peice"?  :-\ I'm confused  :-\ Because I think I was writing it the wrong way all the time... or maybe I was at first writing it right and then started writing it wrong  :-\
Oh I'm also not sure anymore if it's "Tuseday" or "Tuesday"  :-\ How annoying!  ::)

Well I think I'll go sing the sight singing exercises now...  :P I really started to like it now  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #375 on: June 10, 2011, 05:32:37 PM
Am I only imagining or are people really ignoring me most of the time lately?  Well I mean it's ok, it's just that I always start to worry if I said or did something wrong...
But well... I wanted to say that usually it's really cool when it's Friday... but today I REALLY wish it wasn't Friday yet!! Because then there's only a weekend and then........ a really difficult and scary week!!!!  :-\ I have something scary almost every day next week! And what if I'll have a bad week?? And I'll do really bad  :-\  :'( I'm really scared!!

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #376 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:11 PM
Im tired of this all  :-\

This week was terrible for me.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #377 on: June 10, 2011, 10:15:10 PM
I think I am *ever* so slowly awaking from a piano-induced, digesting piano-matters, coma, from throughout the past couple of weeks ... *yawns and stretches*  

Pretty soon I will be WIDE awake ... methinks  ;D (RAARRRRRRRRRR)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #378 on: June 11, 2011, 10:27:25 PM
Am I only imagining or are people really ignoring me most of the time lately?  Well I mean it's ok, it's just that I always start to worry if I said or did something wrong...
But well... I wanted to say that usually it's really cool when it's Friday... but today I REALLY wish it wasn't Friday yet!! Because then there's only a weekend and then........ a really difficult and scary week!!!!  :-\ I have something scary almost every day next week! And what if I'll have a bad week?? And I'll do really bad  :-\  :'( I'm really scared!!

No you aren't being ignored, dear Littletune! :) And good luck for the scary things!!
I have had some "scary stuff" too. Today I had my final exam for singing and music with babies and I was very nervous!! But all went well and I now am officially certificated :) Plus I played three pieces of my Styx program for an Alumni meeting of my school in the evening, and that was quite heavy, (but it was very important for me to play there!!) since I also had of course not only to prepare my own (though only simulated) Baby lesson the days before, but also follow all the exam lessons of the other participants of that baby seminar today, during the whole day. So I basically had no time to practice for my recital at the Alumni meeting! :P
And of course all the teaching and preparing my student's concert for next Saturday had to happen as well during this time.
So now I am not only tired, but actually inexistent!!  :P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #379 on: June 12, 2011, 05:15:20 AM
No you aren't being ignored, dear Littletune! :) And good luck for the scary things!!
I have had some "scary stuff" too. Today I had my final exam for singing and music with babies and I was very nervous!! But all went well and I now am officially certificated :) Plus I played three pieces of my Styx program for an Alumni meeting of my school in the evening, and that was quite heavy, (but it was very important for me to play there!!) since I also had of course not only to prepare my own (though only simulated) Baby lesson the days before, but also follow all the exam lessons of the other participants of that baby seminar today, during the whole day. So I basically had no time to practice for my recital at the Alumni meeting! :P
And of course all the teaching and preparing my student's concert for next Saturday had to happen as well during this time.

I think it's very cute, and of course wonderful, but also very funny (for some reason) anytime you say about music with or for babies.  It always makes me laugh.  And, it is for some reason funny anytime you say about the babies at all, like when you said "that baby seminar today" ... haha.  Well, please always "talk" about it as you wish, because I really do think it's great!  And, congratulations on several things, I guess :), btw!  But, I guess I just always picture all of these babies being around, maybe kind of laying there doing sometimes almost nothing ... and, they are just absorbing music and being musical in their own ways, but not everybody would think so!  Yet, it's true!  I guess I picture you being musical with babies and it just seems great and makes me smile :).

Anyway, congratulations again :).

And, yes, best wishes in your studies, Littletune!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #380 on: June 13, 2011, 08:55:48 AM
I think it's very cute, and of course wonderful, but also very funny (for some reason) anytime you say about music with or for babies.  It always makes me laugh.  And, it is for some reason funny anytime you say about the babies at all, like when you said "that baby seminar today" ... haha.  Well, please always "talk" about it as you wish, because I really do think it's great!  And, congratulations on several things, I guess :), btw!  But, I guess I just always picture all of these babies being around, maybe kind of laying there doing sometimes almost nothing ... and, they are just absorbing music and being musical in their own ways, but not everybody would think so!  Yet, it's true!  I guess I picture you being musical with babies and it just seems great and makes me smile :).

Anyway, congratulations again :).

And, yes, best wishes in your studies, Littletune!

Yeah that's exactly what I feel too, m1469 :) I am fascinated by how receptive babies are to music. They absorb it with their whole being. I attended a lesson where the teacher put all the babies on the grand piano and played, so they could sense the vibrations, and they were just plainly fascinated, making huge round eyes ! :)
 I hope I can start a class after the summer break :)

And I learned a lot during these seminars. For instance, did you know that very little babies have the ability to close their ears? You can put them under the grand and play full throttle and they would just sleep right away! I have seen it in one of the lessons and I was very surprised!

Offline jesc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #381 on: June 13, 2011, 09:26:36 AM
I think this forum is ok. I'm visiting it from time to time. People ask questions that sometimes concern my current state in piano. These questions are sometimes answered in a very helpful manner which many(including me) find useful. Sometimes if I can help answer someone's question I do so immediately.

At first I thought the board "Anything but piano" was useless. But then again, I see some threads going pretty badly and the board "Anything but piano" is a good respite for this site. I browse threads here until another "interesting"/"useful" thread pops up in the other boards.

A good stop over.

so... that's how I'm doing right now in this site.

Offline bellywelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #382 on: June 13, 2011, 02:30:27 PM
a lot of people here seems to be in music school, or has a music-related career. im not. i feel quite wierd because my life doesn't really consist of musical stuff much, if anyone gets what i mean? i just go to a normal highschool and play online games all day. and practise like crazy before a performance at school (i take music as a subject). im supposed to be preparing for this performancex2 that's coming up very soon. but i have no motivation. that's why im on pianostreet, to find motivation!  ;D

btw littletune, it's piece, not peice. (just remember 'i' before 'e' unless after 'c') and it's Tuesday, not teusday. you should practise your spelling honey :) how old are you?

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #383 on: June 13, 2011, 02:52:51 PM
Actually, I like when forums have off-topic areas so you can get to know the people behind the posts.  And Littletune, do you live in the US or an English speaking country?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #384 on: June 13, 2011, 07:05:39 PM

Thank you Wolfi! :) And congratulations!  :)  8)

And thank you m1469! :)  :) That thing with babies really is funny :) I mean babies are funny anyway... they're like different kind of beings  :D (well I know that some grownups think that about kids too :) ).

@bellywelly: Thanks for telling me about the spelling  :P Well I usually don't make so very a lot of spelling mistakes... (I learned a lot on Pianostreet! :) ) And I'm 12... (for now  :P ).

@floydcramerfan I don't live in an English speaking country  :) I live in Europe in a small country Slovenia  :) But thanks for thinking I live in the US or an English speaking country!  :) That's cool!  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #385 on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:10 PM
Well today we were writing a music theory test... and... it wasn't so very difficult... but the melodic dictation was weird! It was like the teacher said that it was going to be in E-flat major and she said we have to be careful about the B flat and E flat and the dictation started in B flat and it was confusing!! And then at the end she said that she was just joking and that it was really in B-flat major!  :o So that was weird... and confusing  :-\ but oh well... Tomorrow I have the sight singing exercises and intervals... I'm scared  :-\ (specially cause I don't know how I did with the test  :-\ ). I'll go practice now! And if I'll get a bad grade I'll go do the exam in September again!! Cause I don't want a bad grade!!!  :(

And then we also tried playing a little on the piano and in the room where we'll have piano exam... and the piano sounds cool!!  8) But sometimes you have to press the keys a little differently... and we didn't have enough time so we couldn't play all of our pieces. I wish we had more time with that piano!!!  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #386 on: June 13, 2011, 09:21:48 PM
Hmm that sounds like it was a bit mean of that teacher :(

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #387 on: June 13, 2011, 09:35:45 PM
Yeah that's exactly what I feel too, m1469 :) I am fascinated by how receptive babies are to music. They absorb it with their whole being. I attended a lesson where the teacher put all the babies on the grand piano and played, so they could sense the vibrations, and they were just plainly fascinated, making huge round eyes ! :)
 I hope I can start a class after the summer break :)

Well, without you needing to reveal secrets, I will be interested to learn how it goes for you, how you enjoy it yourself :).  hee hee ... sorry, I have to laugh again about all the babies on the piano ... haha ... how many were there?  :)  I can just picture their huge round eyes and several times throughout the day today, I have randomly pretended to be one of those babies on the piano, making huge round eyes, thinking and feeling what a baby would feel, and think about what that looks like.  I know, that's weird, but I guess I'm a little strange :).  Of course, this is not something that is entirely secret :).

And I learned a lot during these seminars. For instance, did you know that very little babies have the ability to close their ears? You can put them under the grand and play full throttle and they would just sleep right away! I have seen it in one of the lessons and I was very surprised!

No, actually, I had no formal idea!  I find that surprising and very interesting ... thanks for sharing these things :).

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #388 on: June 13, 2011, 09:43:43 PM
Well, without you needing to reveal secrets, I will be interested to learn how it goes for you, how you enjoy it yourself :).  hee hee ... sorry, I have to laugh again about all the babies on the piano ... haha ... how many were there?  :)  I can just picture their huge round eyes and several times throughout the day today, I have randomly pretended to be one of those babies on the piano, making huge round eyes, thinking and feeling what a baby would feel, and think about what that looks like.  I know, that's weird, but I guess I'm a little strange :).  Of course, this is not something that is entirely secret :).

No, actually, I had no formal idea!  I find that surprising and very interesting ... thanks for sharing these things :).
I know next to nothing about babies' responses to music but I do remember years ago a pianist making sure that his very small baby got held up against the framework of the piano while he played Boulez, Xenakis, Stockhausen et al in order to try to ensure that, if she didn't eventually get to feel as though she grew up with this music right from the get-go, it wouldn't be his fault.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #389 on: June 13, 2011, 09:44:29 PM
And thank you m1469! :)  :) That thing with babies really is funny :) I mean babies are funny anyway... they're like different kind of beings  :D (well I know that some grownups think that about kids too :) ).

Yes, I'm happy I am not entirely the only one who thinks it's a little bit funny :).  I know what you mean regarding babies being sort of like different beings, and I know what you mean regarding some adults thinking that kids are like different beings, as well.  It seems that kids often think that adults are entirely different beings, too!  I myself don't exactly think that way, and I honestly don't remember ever thinking that way about adults.  In fact, I always, always gravitated towards individuals who were older than me, as I felt I generally related better with them (as far as I could relate with people at all, anyway).  That has changed a little for me, by now, though!  Not that I don't relate with people who have more years than I do (I go to coffee sometimes, for example, with a woman who is perhaps 35 years (?) my senior and that feels entirely natural and comfortable).  I remember sometimes when I was a kid, I'd see on movies about adults who didn't like children and that never made any sense at all to me... I always thought "now, that is really stupid!  Everybody was a child sometime, so you are saying basically that you don't even like your very own self, and you don't even realize what you're saying!"  ... hee hee.  I guess that's a little bit of a tangent.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #390 on: June 13, 2011, 10:06:51 PM

Hee hee  ;D :) there were like 4 or 5 babies on that grand :) I felt like being one of them myself :)  I remember when I was little (like 3-4, so not a baby anymore) I used to creep under the grand and to listen to my dad playing and sometimes I was moved to tears, especially when he played Beethoven, Mozart and Schumann.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #391 on: June 13, 2011, 10:11:11 PM
I know next to nothing about babies' responses to music but I do remember years ago a pianist making sure that his very small baby got held up against the framework of the piano while he played Boulez, Xenakis, Stockhausen et al in order to try to ensure that, if she didn't eventually get to feel as though she grew up with this music right from the get-go, it wouldn't be his fault.

Best,

Alistair

Yeah, I think I can relate to that! :) I wonder who that was and how it turned out for his daughter later in life :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #392 on: June 13, 2011, 10:38:05 PM
Yeah, I think I can relate to that! :) I wonder who that was and how it turned out for his daughter later in life :)

After being subjected to those composers, she either ended up in prison or the looney bin.

Thal ;D
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #393 on: June 14, 2011, 05:29:20 AM
After being subjected to those composers, she either ended up in prison or the looney bin.
And the source of your evidence is?...

Obviously you've made that up, otherwise you'd know which!

For the record and for the avoidance of doubt, incidentally, I was not the father concerned (and I did say that he was a pianist, after all)...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #394 on: June 14, 2011, 06:21:56 PM
Yesssss!!!!!!! I got the best grade at music theory!! Which is a 5!!!!!!  :) yes!!!!!  I'm really happy!  :)... and I would have gotten 100% at the test... but  there was this exercise where you had to write two scales: a B-flat major and a A-major and the first had a treble clef written in the beginning and the second one had a bass clef... and I didn't see that!!!!!! and I wrote it as if it was a treble clef!  ::) so that was stupid of me!! But it doesn't matter I still got a 5 (I think I just got it cause I got 98%) and I didn't have any other mistakes, not even in dictations!!!!!!!!! yes!!! I couldn't believe it! cause it was confusing and it didn't make sense cause she first said it was in another key, but I got everything right anyway!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeees! :) And they said I was sight singing really well and I got all the intervals right!!  :) And then one of the teachers came out and she said: the test was 5 and now you got 5, so you have a 5! And then she shooke my hand and said congratulations :) and she said: continue this way! :) (and she didn't say that to anyone else that had exam before me!)  :)  :)  8)  :P  :) I'm really happy!  :)  8)
But yes I'm still very worried about the piano exam on Friday! Even though I love the way that piano sounds!!! And I really wanna play it...  :) but the exam is scary!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #395 on: June 14, 2011, 06:47:18 PM
Hmm that sounds like it was a bit mean of that teacher :(
Well... it was weird... and I mean otherwise she was really nice! So... maybe she just made a mistake and said the wrong key and then she saw that she made a mistake but she didn't want to say that she made a mistake and then she just said she was kidding a little... I don't know... :)

Yes, I'm happy I am not entirely the only one who thinks it's a little bit funny :).  I know what you mean regarding babies being sort of like different beings, and I know what you mean regarding some adults thinking that kids are like different beings, as well.  It seems that kids often think that adults are entirely different beings, too!  I myself don't exactly think that way, and I honestly don't remember ever thinking that way about adults.  In fact, I always, always gravitated towards individuals who were older than me, as I felt I generally related better with them (as far as I could relate with people at all, anyway).  That has changed a little for me, by now, though!  Not that I don't relate with people who have more years than I do (I go to coffee sometimes, for example, with a woman who is perhaps 35 years (?) my senior and that feels entirely natural and comfortable).  I remember sometimes when I was a kid, I'd see on movies about adults who didn't like children and that never made any sense at all to me... I always thought "now, that is really stupid!  Everybody was a child sometime, so you are saying basically that you don't even like your very own self, and you don't even realize what you're saying!"  ... hee hee.  I guess that's a little bit of a tangent.

Well sometimes I like better being around grownups too... but not all grownups!... some are boring   ::) :P like some grownups just grow up a little too much and then they're like robots or computers, like their brain just gets stuck... I like the grownups that are funny and goofy sometimes and are like kids too in some ways and like to do a lot of things  :P
And my dad has always been saying to me like: oh when I was your age I thought everyone who was older than 20 or 30 or 40 was soooo old! And I never understood that  :-\ cause I never see people like that... well except maybe if I hear about someone who is like 100 or even over 100 years old and then I think about how old they were when I was born and it's kinda funny if someone was like 90 years old already when you were born!  :) It's kinda hard to imagine  :)  :P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #396 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:46 PM
whooopsies!  Don't know how those thoughts got out!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #397 on: June 14, 2011, 07:38:55 PM
Thanks m1469!! :)
Why did I say that I have my piano exam on Friday?  :o Because I don't! I have it on Thursday!  :-\ That's weird... I really don't know why I wrote Friday!?

Oh yes I'm sure that it's not fun for the neighbor downstairs... I sure would never want to be like her! Cause it must be really sad to have a life like that!  :-\  :(
Well I'm not sure if I understand completely everything you wrote (maybe I will a little later :) ), but I guess it's true :)... but there are also people who are kinda happy with their lives even if their life seems really boring...  :P But I guess that's ok... just as long they're happy...  :)

Oh and I hope you don't think I think you're boring!... cause you're like just completely the opposite of boring  :P And Wolfi too! And some other people from Pianostreet too  :P  :)  8)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #398 on: June 14, 2011, 07:42:07 PM
Oh and I hope you don't think I think you're boring!... cause you're like just completely the opposite of boring  :P And Wolfi too! And some other people from Pianostreet too  :P  :)  8

Well, it could cross my mind :).  But, the truth is, whether or not I am boring, more than anything I am aiming I guess to survive, and I think that's what anybody is aiming to do, really.  Everybody does that in different ways and "surviving" means something different to everybody I guess, but sure, there are seemingly personality tendencies involved, too :).

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #399 on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:04 PM
 :-X
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert