Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: How are you doing right now ?  (Read 47864 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you doing right now ?
Reply #400 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:08 PM
Well... it was weird... and I mean otherwise she was really nice! So... maybe she just made a mistake and said the wrong key and then she saw that she made a mistake but she didn't want to say that she made a mistake and then she just said she was kidding a little... I don't know... :)

Yeah perhaps it was like that and she hadn't intended to be mean.

Just some thoughts: I don't think it takes anything away from "our" credibility or authority as a teacher if we admit that we have been wrong at something or made a mistake. Anyway everybody makes "mistakes" and, curiously, the more engaged and interested we are and the more we try to do everything right, the more mistakes can happen. That's just how we are, as humans. But we tend to get inhuman if we are pretending to never make mistakes at all.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #401 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:35 PM
 :-X
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #402 on: June 14, 2011, 08:53:42 PM
I have been staring at a choccy shortbread for 3 hours.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #403 on: June 14, 2011, 08:55:58 PM

Thal

haha ...  ;D  I am actually about to eat my choccy snack of the day :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #404 on: June 15, 2011, 03:25:09 AM
Are you referring to chocolate?  Dang it, I want some.  And Littletune, you go girl.  You rock on your exam and I'm sure you're going to ace your piano exam, too.
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline bellywelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #405 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:34 AM

Thal

eat it.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #406 on: June 15, 2011, 11:23:44 AM
I admit that was the eventual result.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #407 on: June 15, 2011, 05:40:07 PM
Well, it could cross my mind :).

How could that even cross your mind??  :o You're sooo cool!  8)

And Littletune, you go girl.  You rock on your exam and I'm sure you're going to ace your piano exam, too.

Thank you Floydcramerfan!!  :)  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #408 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:05 PM
Oh well I have to say... I am very sad now  :(  :'( Because... in our apartment building (not inside, outside on the stairs, just where the stairs start) birds made a nest and first noone even noticed them, and now the two baby birds got bigger already and they were sometimes looking out of the nest and so you could notice them if you looked up... but they were so good and always quiet and they weren't throwing anything out of the nest or anything (there weren't even any egg shells, nothing, they were so good, just like little ghosts or angels... but I was scared all the time, because I know there are some mean people living here... that's why I didn't even say anything about them or tell anyone because I was afraid that something bad would happen to them if I said something... and today the nest was gone!  :'( I'm sooooo sad! I just can't stop crying every time that I remember it! It's so horrible! Why would anyone do something like that!!!?? they weren't bothering anyone they were so good and quiet and clean and they would probably just need just a few weeks to grow up a little more so they could fly away... why WHY did someone do that??!!!!!! I'm so sad!!!!!!!! And I'm so angry... I threw the wet and dirty paper towel on the floor! Cause I was crying. And I'm going to make the stairs dirty all the time now!! so that the people who are obsessed with that will go crazy! And I'm going to write on a paper: What did you do to the poor birdies??! And I will put that on the stairs... and when they'll put it away i'll make a new one.... till they go crazy!!! because someone is also always throwing away posters, like if someone's pet gets lost (like cats, or birds) and someone makes a note or poster and says if someone sees that pet if they could call them, that always disappears after a few hours if it's anywhere near our apartment building. So I'll be writing that for ever now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't even know how I will play at my exam tomorrow.....  :'( I'm too sad!
And today in the morning my bird just started flying and making noise in his cage, just for no reason.... I think maybe he knew that someone was hurting the poor birdies  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #409 on: June 15, 2011, 06:15:25 PM
That's indeed very very sad Littletune!!  :( It seems there are people who hate life so much that they do everything against any utterance of living beings, be it music, or litte birds, or children playing :(
In our courtyard there are two big signs that playing football isn't allowed, but all the children here play football in spite of these signs and nobody but perhaps one person has anything against it. I am happy when the kids can play here and I don't care at all about that sign. And I think a lot of people here think like me :) But I know, at many other places this might be a huge problem and subject of discussions and arguments.

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #410 on: June 15, 2011, 08:35:54 PM
Aww, what kind of straightie would hurt the poor birdies?  I'll come over there and whack them with my cane, the mean people, not the birds, of course.
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #411 on: June 16, 2011, 07:04:26 PM
Yes I would wanna beat up the people who did that with the birdies!

Well I have a lot to write now... I am VERY happy about the piano exam that I had today, but I am still VERY sad because of the birds :( I just can't stop thinking about that and it just makes me soooo sad... I know people don't understand how could someone be so sad because of that, but I don't know... I think I can feel the souls of other beings and if something bad happens to them I feel that too and it really hurts me!

Well yesterday I wrote on two papers: What have you done with the poor birdies?!? And I put them near where the nest was... and today there were two more papers where some people asked what happened to the birds and how could someone do something like that... so at least some other people think it's horrible too! But then later today my papers were gone... but those other two were still there maybe because they were really high (almost near the ceiling, so I don't know how they could reach so high, but I guess they were really tall... or they reached it some other way)... and then I wrote another paper saying the same thing just with two crying faces like  :'(  :'( and I taped it there again when I went to my piano exam... and I also saw that someone put the paper that I wrote first somewhere on a higher place but the paper was all like torn and crumpled, so I guess someone was angry because of the paper and threw it away but then someone else found it and put it there again. And now my mum also wrote something and she will put it there too...  so... I guess that's all we can do... at least if that horrible person would tell us where the nest is (if they didn't kill them :( ) and we could see if the birdies are ok... but I don't think they will tell us :( and someone wrote that they probably won't tell because they're such cowards!

Offline jollisg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #412 on: June 16, 2011, 07:50:51 PM
Right now I'm nervous.. Tomorrow I will have a piano lesson on KMH (Royal College of Music, in Stockholm) with a really good teacher (probably on a Steinway D  ;) ).
ARGHH

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #413 on: June 16, 2011, 08:02:35 PM
Oh so yes now about the exam... that was really great!!!!!!!!!! :) Well at first it was really scary but then it was really great at the end! :) It was like this:

First when I came to that school, the other piano teacher from our music school was kinda upset... and she was saying that the teachers (who decide what grade you get) are really too strict and unfair and that they don't give the highest grade (5) to almost anyone and that some of the kids really played well but they just got a 4. So that was really scary! And then those teachers came out and they looked scary too... and then one boy had exam (but he's not from our school) and he came out and said he was disappointed because he got less than 5 and then one teacher came out and said that it wasn't even for a 4 but that they'll give him a 4 because they see that he's been practicing (something like that, I don't know if I heard everything completely right).
And that other piano teacher (from our school) just kept talking about how they're too strict and she said that one teacher said to her: Oh how can they even do the exams if you're just a private school... where do you even have enough space and the right pianos and rooms and things like that... so I just thought: oh so I guess noone from a private school can get a 5... and I didn't think it was right that she was saying all that when we were there because I think she just made us more nervous and scared. and my teacher tried to calm her down but she just wouldn't stop... And the most annoying thing was that this teacher was complaining last year too (when we had exams at a different school) and she was saying all the time how horrible and unfair they were there and that we needed to go to another school next year, because there they are just too horrible... And I just couldn't understand that because they were all sooooo nice to me last year at that other school... they were smiling and saying that I shouldn't be afraid and helped me and my teacher cause we had problems with the chair... so I just couldn't understand why she was saying how horrible they were and what a horrible school that is (because I liked that school soooo much and everyone was so nice to me)...  so ... I guess this year she doesn't like this school either  :-\  ::) well she said that the teachers for music theory were a lot better, but I guess she liked the piano teachers even less... because this year I think there weren't that many 5s.
So I just went to warm up and I was thinking ok so I guess we can't really get a very good grade anyway...  so then my teacher came to get me... and she said that I shouldn't be scared that they're nice but strict but that I should just play my best and not worry and things like that... and I was the last one! and there were also two other girls who were before me and they didn't tell them the grades yet because they wanted to hear everyone (or something like that, cause we're all grade 3). So then I went in and it was scary... and it's a lot bigger hall than at that other school last year... and the piano seemed sooo large! But then when I looked at the keys they seemed so small... I mean just normal, I guess I expected them to be really large too... so I adjusted my piano chair by myself this year  :P And then I started playing, I think I needed really a long time every time before I started playing... I made some little mistakes but not that horrible ones I think, and the biggest mistake was at Bach's Menuet, because somehow my fingers weren't on the right keys all of a sudden, and for a while I still kept playing with the wrong fingering but then I just couldn't anymore and I rather stopped playing with my left hand (that had the wrong fingering) and I played one or two bars just with the right hand until I could continue the right way with the left one again  :P ... so when I finished they said: thank you and I said if I should wait outside and my teacher said yes and I went outside and we were waiting with those other two girls... and I was still a little scared but I was happy and I had a good feeling and I thought well I did my best and I don't think it was bad so it will be whatever it will be  :) and then one girl just asked me if I'll get a 5 and I was like  :-\ and then the door opened and my teacher and that other teacher (who's a teacher of those two girls) came out and that other teacher didn't look very happy and she said to those two girls: Don't be disapponted, you got a 3 and you got a 4. And then my teacher didn't look all that happy either and she said my name and gave me a hand and lifted me up (cause I was sitting on the floor) and then she hugged me and said you got a 5 of course  :)  :) and she said she was very happy and proud and she said those teachers really liked my playing and that they didn't even mind the way I play - cause I put my face into the piano keys  :D (and my teacher is always trying to make me sit more with my head and shoulders up)... and she said they said they can tell that I really love piano and that I have a really good attitude or a relationship with the piano (I'm not sure which one of these words because in my language it's one word that can mean both) :) and then my teacher said that she knew she had to save me for last cause it's the best for last and that she knew I would make her day beautiful  :) :P  8) So I was reall REALLY REALLY happy about all that.

But I'm still sad about the birds too... so it's like I'm very very happy and very very sad at the same time... I hope my brain doesn't melt or something!...  :'(  :'(  :'(  :)  :)  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #414 on: June 18, 2011, 06:00:31 PM
Wow well I wrote a little too much last time!  :P

Well I'm still sad about the birds  :( and I just don't want to meet any people from our building... and I've met a few but I didn't even say hello...  :-\ I know it's not right cause not all people are bad but everything just makes me sick and I just don't like anyone except the ones who wrote the notes too (but I don't know who they were)... and every time I see birds I think : I'm so sorry that people did that to you!  :( And now those people leave the things we wrote alone... they don't take them down anymore.

Oh well but I'm still very happy about the exams... and specially about that they liked my playing and that they could see how much I love piano.  :)  8)
Well and tomorrow I have a final recital...  :)

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #415 on: June 19, 2011, 01:14:49 AM
Im terrible.

My week was terrible.

I'll just drink a wine a go to sleep.
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #416 on: June 19, 2011, 06:14:17 PM
Im terrible.

My week was terrible.

I'll just drink a wine a go to sleep.
I'm sorry :( I hope your next week will be better!!

Well today I had my final piano recital :) My hands weren't shaking very much... it just didn't seem that scary after the exam! :) And I made a mistake anyway... well... once I stoped for a little longer than I should and the cadenza wasn't ok at all!  ::) because the piano seemed so quiet and I'm supposed to play the cadenza really loudly and really fast (which is really difficult for me!) and I tried to play it louder but then my hands and fingers started missing the right keys  ::) so it was a little weird... and then I rather released the pedal because I think it would sound really horrible if I didn't... so then it sounded a little boring but well...  :P but my mum didn't even know I made a mistake, she thought I played it without mistakes... and my dad really liked it too  :) and then my dad bought me Mozartkugelen and put them on my seat in the car, and then he said he didn't buy it that probably some elves probably put it there while he was cleaning the car and left the door open  :D  :)  :P and that was really cool!  8)  :) And my mum gave me some things too (some chocolates and notebooks for writing music and some sheet music that I think is still too difficult for me  :P :) ).

Oh ... at the end of the recital some teachers from my music school made a surprise for us and they were playing and singing  :P and it was really cool  8) they're really good!!!  :)  8) but I couldn't record everything because all of the batteries were empty!  ::) Oh and I think I was dreaming about one song that they were playing and singing, last night  :o (and I didn't know it before!)

But I'm still sad about the birds and we got this diplomas and something on them reminded me of little birds in nest :(  :'( and I started crying a little...

Well yes, I guess I'm now completely finished with grade 3!!!  :o I can't believe it! I have to start practicing more now... because grade 4 is a lot more difficult I think!! And I want to play better than I do... because I'm never completely happy about how I play!... there are always some things that I really don't like! Can you ever play so that you are completely happy about it and you wouldn't wanna change anything?  :-\
Well now I started learning two new pieces after a long time :) An Etude and a new (more difficult) Bach's Menuet.  :)  8)

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #417 on: June 19, 2011, 08:22:48 PM
What the hell is a Mozartkugelen ?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #418 on: June 20, 2011, 05:19:29 PM
What the hell is a Mozartkugelen ?
Oh sorry it's Mozartkugeln.  :P This:

I saw today that there's a nest again in the same place where it was! I guess they are making a new nest... and I don't know what to do now... what if someone kills the little birdies again.... I can't take it one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do... and obviously if they are making a new nest those baby birds died cause otherwise their parents wouldn't be making a new nest now...... I think I'll go crazy!  :(

Offline jollisg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #419 on: June 20, 2011, 07:28:39 PM
How sad about the birds :( I really hope they're not making a new nest.. :/

Right now I'm quite frustrated. I'm on a course right now, a preparation course for cantors (I'm not going to be one, at least not right now. I'm too young right now ^^' ). I practiced and practiced all day, today.. on the organ, then. When I'm finally thought I've gotten it right and was pleased with my organ pieces.. Well... On the lesson my teacher complained about my practice. He's really nice, but I'm not that motivated to practice organ more than I do. I'm more of a pianist than a organist, and I'm much younger than the rest on the course.
Two weeks left, and too much to do.. I have to be able to play a full program for a church service, and at the moment I can play two preludes and one choral ... And I don't play them that good either :/

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #420 on: June 21, 2011, 02:14:36 AM
Ugh... Smashed.  Halbtot.  Erased personality.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #421 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:07 PM
I don't know!  My mom just left after being here for a couple of days, after us having been gone for a couple of days ... after me having taken a step back from determined practicing for *cough*awhile*cough*.  I haven't even actually touched the piano (not really hardly even) since last Friday?  Thursday?  Yesterday evening I became SO uncomfortable about it.  Today will not be the same as it had been, but tomorrow and Friday and Saturday, etc., I can surely get myself back on track.  I think I have "digested" the changes in my life this past year, I think I have pointed myself in a fresh direction for what's to come.  I have pondered some far reaches and started some new things ... but, how am I?  I don't know!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #422 on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:03 PM
I'm tired... and disappointed in people, I mean not all of course, but... sometimes it just seems like so many people are... just so horrible... And they also live in the same apartment building as me and it's making me feel really bad and sad! Oh well...

On Friday I'll go to the preschool where my mum works and I'll play for the little kids a little :)

Offline jollisg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #423 on: June 22, 2011, 06:15:44 PM
Right now I'm stressed out because of the pre-cantor-course I'm on.. But it's better now, when I know the people there a little more. It's a guy who is only one year older than me! He's actually pretty nice.. Otherwise there are some nice people there.
But tomorrow I have organ lesson, and usually I'm not so very happy when I've had organ lesson.. My teacher is like "think about what you're doing wrong, and practice it slooowly. Test it! ... Now you did wrong again, you are playing to fast then! Slow down. ... Hm... I would play this prelude like this! Test it.".
It's nice, but I'm used to get some nice things, like "you phrased it really good there".

But I won't complain... I have my piano lesson tomorrow..

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #424 on: June 24, 2011, 04:43:12 AM
Well, today was kind of neat!  I played Schumann for the first time in awhile, and it was ... wonderful and new :).  And, would you like to know what?  Last weekend, I found out that my great-great Grandma was born in Austria.  Well, okay, my descendants on both sides are super, super German (except one Italian great-great grandpa and then a little mix) but somehow it's neat that my great-great Grandma was in Austria :).  

And, would you like to know what else?  Awhile ago I learned that my Grandpa (the husband of the Grandma I just saw last weekend) played the piano, and this last time I followed up on that a bit, and even we had to call and ask his sister because nobody knew how long he took lessons for and what all he could play.  And, I learned that he took lessons from youngster days all the way up until he went into the service!  And, he played all sorts of things, even apparently Rachmaninov's concerto in c minor!  And, do you know what is strange?  Well, when my grandpa passed away, I was in this piano group at the time and I didn't normally play, just observed, but that very day I learned about him passing away and I personally had to get up and play that day, and I played a Rachmaninov prelude, and when I played, I played it for him ... even though, then, I didn't even know *at all* that he had ever played!

Anyway :).

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #425 on: June 25, 2011, 08:19:56 PM
Oh sorry it's Mozartkugeln.  :P This:

Looks delicious. But what's up with Mozart?

I mean, why it is related to mozart?

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #426 on: June 26, 2011, 03:09:08 AM
meh, if I don't know the name of the symphony, it's like I can't find a single thing!  There are towns where I know there is some sort of symphony, but I can't find them AT ALL  :'(.  So, if I take 5 hours to find. each. ensemble. and then I call them and basically they say "no" ... ARGH!

*pulls hair out*

I don't understand why it's impossible to find these things!  Isn't there a listing somewhere or something?!?  Hmmm?  I keep trying all sorts of things and nothing's working!

*tries more stuff*

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #427 on: June 27, 2011, 06:10:26 PM
Looks delicious. But what's up with Mozart?

I mean, why it is related to mozart?

Well... I'm not exactly sure how it's related... I think maybe because they make them in Salzburg, or started making them in Slazburg, and Mozart was from Salzburg...  :)

Oh did I say that we have summer holidays now? I didn't even have time to think about it because I felt so bad about the little birdies  :( and I am still very worried... because they are nesting again (in the same place)... and my mum wrote a lot of things about it and I made a picture and asked nicely if people could leave the birds alone until they grow enough and fly away because they only need 2 - 3 weeks from the time they hatch... and me and my mum also always try to clean everything up if there's something on the stairs under the nest (although it's much more dirty because of people but anyway I try to clean everything up). And we put that up on Saturday night and it's still there (even my picture!) ... but I'm still very worried... and I think I'll be especially worried on Wednesdays because that's when someone is cleaning the stairs... ohhhh... usually I'm sooo happy when holidays start and I feel like everything is cool and like I can do so many things and like I don't have to worry about anything... but now... I worry even more than during the year! Oh well it doesn't matter if I worry, only if the birdies would be ok!!!

Last week was my last piano lesson (until September!  :o ) but my teacher gave me a lot of new pieces :) and I'm also learning some easier folk songs so I'll play them for the kids from preschool where my mum works (and then they'll try to guess which ones they are) :) and I also want to learn really a lot of some other pieces!  :)  8)
Oh and my teacher said that next year for grade 4 I'll have to have a little longer piano lessons (cause now I had them 45 minutes a week) and the teacher said that I should have them 30 minutes twice a week next year (or if I can't once a week 60 minutes).
Oh I have to change the pieces in my signature too...  :)  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #428 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:05 PM
Today I was dreaming about the birdies again! I was dreaming that the nest was gone again... It was sooo horrible! And then some people (who had a camera and were recording something) said that they recorded on their camera who did it... and then we were looking at it and we saw it was just some girl who I never saw before, she had blonde hair and they said she was 17 years old... and I said but she doesn't even live here I never saw her before, but they said that she does live here  :-\ and I was so angry I just started puching everything around. And then after a while I saw the mum bird and she came really close to us and she was sad and I felt like I could talk to her... I mean she wasn't like talking with words but she understood what we were saying and she would do things so we saw that she understood us... and then we found a nest and two eggs... but then one got broken and then I don't remember very much anymore... and when I woke up I felt so bad and so worried again!

Now the stairs under the nest are soooo clean. It has never been so clean before! And I don't know if it's just me (cause every night when we go out with my dog I'm cleaning everything for like 5 minutes) or maybe some other people are cleaning too  :-\ but well it looks kinda funny, because in that place around the nest everything is so clean, but everywhere else on the stairs everything is still dirty (because of people! not because of birds of course!). Ohhhh!

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Reply #429 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:20 AM
I'm kind of annoyed right now.  Parents were gone for a 3 week bike tour around the states (motorcycle); I cut the lawn today, walked my dogs, cleaned EVERY room in the house while my sister watched tv.  I leave for 3 hours to go teach.  I come home and my mom says "I can't believe you.  You said you CLEANED the house.  The sunroom's a mess, your piano books are all scattered!"  I look over, and my books are just a little crooked, but nicely stacked on the piano. 

...my sister then proceeded to tell my mom that me and my friends were smoking cigars.  First off, who cares that much.  Secondly, I didn't go and tell my parents that my underage sister went out drinking the other night!

So after completely straightening out the house (majority of my day), and coming back from teaching, I get torn to shreds.  Gotta love how things work  ;)
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #430 on: June 29, 2011, 01:23:27 AM
i need to meet your sister

Thal.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #431 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:48 PM
Well... of course I'm still worrying about the birds very much, yesterday I was dreaming about them again (but I don't remember very much, just that I got very angry again... )  :-\ well... Oh yesterday someone else wrote something and put it there... I don't know why they wrote it now... but me and my mum were thinking that they probably weren't home for these two weeks, and they just saw it and read about it yesterday... So there are a few great people living here...

I took a picture, this is what it looks like now... the two on the left on the wall are from my mum and mine is the one with a picture (third from the left) and the fourth is a new one and it also has a little picture of a nest (of a little bird hatching and mum bird).. but it's not in colours so you can't see it so well here. And in the corner (on the left) there's a nest. :) and a mum bird is sitting in the nest... It's so cute and beautiful! How could anyone want to do something bad!!!!!!  ???  >:( I just don't understand!!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #432 on: July 05, 2011, 07:37:37 PM
Ohhhhh! This week is a cleaning week! I have been cleaning my room and vacuum cleaning almost all day on Sunday and yesterday and today I was just looking through some things and throwing away some things I don't need. And maybe I wouldn't even be so good (even though I really had to clean up my room for a very long time!), but I started cleaning because I noticed that some of my piano books (with sheet music) are missing!!!  :o Like about 6 books!!! And I don't know where they could be and I haven't found them  :( I don't know what happened to them!!

I have met a few spiders while I was cleaning...  :-\
And in some places there was soooo much dust you can't even imagine and then I was sneezing all the time!

And we are having a lot of problems with the downstairs lady again  ::) Because she is banging now from 11 pm till 5 am!! And we don't care so much about it, but the problem is that she is banging now so loudly that HER downstairs neighbours hear her and they are nice but the husband talked to my dad and said that they are 80 years old already and they get scared, he said his wife got so scared last time that he thought he would have to call the ambulance! So my dad said he would go to the police... and today he talked to the police and the policeman said she called them yesterday too and they were here at about midnight but we didn't hear them ringing... well I don't know  :-\

Oh today I had a really big bug in my room I think it's a hornet. And one was in my room a few days ago already and a few weeks ago one was flying really close to my window but I saw it and closed it quickly so it didn't go inside. But a few days ago I woke up cause it was so loud while it was flying around and my cat was watching it... and I got really scared and then I opened the window as much as I could and waited for it to find a way out, and today I did too but today it wasn't so loud I think... or maybe I just got used to it... and I even took a picture... but I don't know why there are so many of them flying into my room  :-\ it's a little scary! Even though I read in Wikipedia they are not as dangerous as some people say, but still... they are huge!

Oh I learned kinda ok one Etude and Bach's Menuet! (two of the pieces my teacher gave me at my last piano lesson two weeks ago, to learn during the summer).  :)

Oh I'm still worrying about the birds... but they are sooo cute!!!  :)  :-*

Probably we'll be cleaning all this week, cause it's not just my room but the whole apartment that we have to clean! And maybe we'll be getting visits from the police  :-\ Well... I guess we should really move!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #433 on: July 05, 2011, 10:35:45 PM
Well... of course I'm still worrying about the birds very much, yesterday I was dreaming about them again (but I don't remember very much, just that I got very angry again... )  :-\ well... Oh yesterday someone else wrote something and put it there... I don't know why they wrote it now... but me and my mum were thinking that they probably weren't home for these two weeks, and they just saw it and read about it yesterday... So there are a few great people living here...

I took a picture, this is what it looks like now... the two on the left on the wall are from my mum and mine is the one with a picture (third from the left) and the fourth is a new one and it also has a little picture of a nest (of a little bird hatching and mum bird).. but it's not in colours so you can't see it so well here. And in the corner (on the left) there's a nest. :) and a mum bird is sitting in the nest... It's so cute and beautiful! How could anyone want to do something bad!!!!!!  ???  >:( I just don't understand!!!

Littletune, this makes me come out of my silence for a moment, and tell you how much I keep my fingers crossed for those little birds and their parents!!!

My mom has died last week, and I am sure she would be so proud of you, of how you're protective of these wonderful birds!

She has always been a lover of nature and I think she has done a lot for animals and plants and living beings in general, her heart was with those little vulnerable creatures who depend so often on our goodwill!

I am sure she'd be so happy (well I think she actually is happy) that there are people like you who care about life, and living beings, and are passionate about this!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #434 on: July 06, 2011, 08:14:54 PM
Littletune, this makes me come out of my silence for a moment, and tell you how much I keep my fingers crossed for those little birds and their parents!!!

My mom has died last week, and I am sure she would be so proud of you, of how you're protective of these wonderful birds!

She has always been a lover of nature and I think she has done a lot for animals and plants and living beings in general, her heart was with those little vulnerable creatures who depend so often on our goodwill!

I am sure she'd be so happy (well I think she actually is happy) that there are people like you who care about life, and living beings, and are passionate about this!!

Thanks Wolfi! :) You're very nice! :) And I wish I could know your mum too!!! Well maybe I can in some way! :) Thank you!

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #435 on: July 08, 2011, 03:48:35 AM
I just came from my yard, where I sat for awhile after an evening walk with my doggy.  Sitting in my yard, listening to the kids next door playing, and feeling wind on me and hearing it in the trees ... and, the sun setting.  I haven't done that in quite awhile.  It was the perfect temperature.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #436 on: July 08, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
It's really great outside in the evening here too!  :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #437 on: July 09, 2011, 06:31:40 AM
That's wonderful :).  I adore wonderful mornings and evenings ... and days and nights, too  :).  There are many here.

I should be going to sleepy-by ... ready ... set .... go!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #438 on: July 09, 2011, 11:38:25 AM
Last night was magic for me. I sat out in the garden with Dougs and watched the sun set.

Then went down the pub and crawled back about 7 hours later to watch the sun come back out again.

Life don't get much better than that.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #439 on: July 09, 2011, 08:25:21 PM
Right now I am outside! And it's dark already but it's still very hot! I mean I'm outside on the balcony. :) It's really cool!  8) And some neighbours are very loud... I think they're having a party... I hope the downstairs lady won't say that we're making noise!  ::)  :P

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #440 on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:54 AM
Woah, woah ... getting a serious dose of reality and, let me tell you, it'sa spicey'a meataball'a! 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #441 on: July 11, 2011, 02:07:43 AM
I think that spicy meatball saying is actually politically incorrect, some kind of slur toward Italians.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #442 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:38 AM
I don't think so.  But anyway, all the parts of me and my lineage who are not German bratwursts, are Italian sausage.  Which, is like, 1/16th or less (one of my great-greats was from Italy) ... but, anyway, I have permission from my ancestors, so settle down, Bob.

*mmmmmmm* you betch'ya!  *wink*

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #443 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:49 PM
Right now, I'm lovin' me some gettin' back into honest to goodness practicing shape ... hmmmm  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #444 on: July 11, 2011, 10:54:00 PM
I don't think so.  But anyway, all the parts of me and my lineage who are not German bratwursts, are Italian sausage.  Which, is like, 1/16th or less (one of my great-greats was from Italy) ... but, anyway, I have permission from my ancestors, so settle down, Bob.

*mmmmmmm* you betch'ya!  *wink*

It is.  It's from an Alka Seltzer ad and it didn't run long even back then. 

*Bob is confused by a possible Sarah Palin reference and thinks m1469 might be related...*

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #445 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:21 PM
*cough*BS*cough*

Sorry, but, now you are being "typical Bob" with me.

*lets Bob alone with the mirror ...*

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #447 on: July 12, 2011, 03:43:31 AM
It is. 

Haha, soon it will be considered politically incorrect to say playing on the black keys sounds Chinese  ;D

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #448 on: July 12, 2011, 05:33:17 AM
Awwewe ... Wolfi, I don't know if I'm allowed to laugh as I found that to be slightly deeply funny. I apologize to any spicy meatball that I may have offended by being profoundly obsessed with your fantastic meatballness and with such a wonderful phrase.  Please, I want to say it again sometime in my life, and I myself am slightly spicy meatball, so I should be allowed to say it whenever I want.  And anyway, what if I say it with the accent of a pentatonic scale?

S
p
I
c
y

m
e
a
t
b
a
:-*

^
|
|

that's not pentatonic accent.  It has no accent.  It's just me saying it in my very own voice.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #449 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:16 PM
Awwewe ... Wolfi, I don't know if I'm allowed to laugh as I found that to be slightly deeply funny. I apologize to any spicy meatball that I may have offended by being profoundly obsessed with your fantastic meatballness and with such a wonderful phrase.  Please, I want to say it again sometime in my life, and I myself am slightly spicy meatball, so I should be allowed to say it whenever I want.  And anyway, what if I say it with the accent of a pentatonic scale?

S
p
I
c
y

m
e
a
t
b
a
:-*

^
|
|

that's not pentatonic accent.  It has no accent.  It's just me saying it in my very own voice.

Yes! :) I like your own voice :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert