Piano Forum logo
December 17, 2017, 06:11:11 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Top downloads - #5:
Chopin - Nocturne in E-flat

The famous Nocturne in E-flat major, op 9 no 2 belong to a set of three Nocturnes, written in the beginning of the 1830s. They were dedicated to Marie Moke Pleyel, a virtuoso pianist and the wife of Camille Pleyel. Read more >>

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 132   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's on your mind now?  (Read 254954 times)
Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »

Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
cowgirl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2006, 05:10:42 PM »

"What's on your mind right now"? 

1. Well, wondering how in the world am I going to get through medical school.  And, trying to pick out which college on my list to go to. Undecided

2. How am I going to stay on the next horse I am going to break.  And for those that don't know what that means.  It means that I am going to tame a wild horse, so that you can ride it.   Grin

cowgirl
pianistimo
PS Gold Member

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »

interesting, cowgirl!  i used to have a horse.  but, alas, he was not wild.  he was a retired barrel racer that tripped occasionally (thankfully, he never fell down).

but, i watched a show about this guy in new mexico that tames wild horses.  wish i remembered his name.  anyway, he would have this routine of using ropes and whispering to the horse, getting him used to the feel of the rope, then bit, then saddle or something.  suppose you already know this.  i think people are naturally talented this way from childhood.  (getting into the mind of the animal and watching their actions/reactions).  i thought i remembered something about looking directly/vs not looking directly into their eyes.  i wish i could remember - i think it was that they don't like it at first to be directly looked at - that you have to be sort of non-chalant and fairly gauged in your timing of roping and when you attempt something like the first petting of the mane/neck - shoulders - back - - and then let them have time to get used to it.  to go around many times with just the rope and no saddle.  and, then, the saddle for a while - with noone on it.

cowgirl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

thanks for the tips.

oh and wondering if my friend is going to live.  she has a flesh eating infection.

cowgirl
alzado
PS Silver Member

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2006, 05:44:08 PM »

"What's on your mind right now?"

Paris Hilton
Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2006, 11:58:50 PM »

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Mozartian
PS Silver Member

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2006, 03:23:05 AM »

song lyrics running through my head (thanks to my friend Tongue)

Chiquitita, tell me the truth
I’m a shoulder you can cry on
Your best friend, I’m the one you must rely on
You were always sure of yourself
Now I see you’ve broken a feather
I hope we can patch it up together

lol I love that song...

[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique
Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2006, 03:04:43 AM »

Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »

Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »

abell88
PS Silver Member

« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2006, 01:45:20 AM »

I am thinking about my daughter, who is on a 20-hour bus trip north to her summer job of tree-planting, where she will be paid 10 cents/tree planted, trying to earn money to pay for the equipment she had to buy for the job and earn some money for next year's tuition, all while being eaten by mosquitos, blackflies and deerflies...and who won't be here for Mother's Day, for the first time.  Cry
pianistimo
PS Gold Member

« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2006, 01:48:36 AM »

did you say in a previous post that you were in canada recently?  orhave you moved there from cunningham pianos in philadelphia?  and, what the heck is your daughter planting ten cent trees, twenty hours away, when she could be borrowing money from you both on mother's day?  and, is this wood going to be used to make pianos?  are you secretely urging her on to a really good career later on down the road (secret forest of some kind, just for pianos?)  i believe the last time we spoke, you were trying to convince me that you were andre watts.

what's on my mind?  well, i just got a message from gonzalo asking about a specific aria 'marten aller arten' from the 'abduction from the seraglio' of which i'm not familiar.  can anyone give me a lead in as to what this aria is about and why (if i am a mozart lover) that it is a litmus test of fake mozart lovers to real mozart lovers?  unfortunately, i had to refer him to dennis pajot - because my husband is a baritone and would never be able to pass for 'constanze' if he sang her aria.  what is this aria about?  why should i know this?  will i now be disgraced in the music world of mozart lovers?  where can one find a good free copy of this aria?  preferably the authentic or urtext version for free?  what are the words saying? 

why was i surprised that dennis pajot had such a sense of humor - and much different than his role on mozartforum.  i read a very funny blog by him (scroll down to 'lake michigan' - and mozart)  at www.musiclassical.blogspot.com
Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2006, 05:38:18 AM »

abell88
PS Silver Member

« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »

did you say in a previous post that you were in canada recently?  orhave you moved there from cunningham pianos in philadelphia?  and, what the heck is your daughter planting ten cent trees, twenty hours away, when she could be borrowing money from you both on mother's day?  and, is this wood going to be used to make pianos?

I've lived in Canada for many years...the trees are planted (on contract) for forestry companies, who must plant 2 trees for every one they cut...in another 10 or 20 years they'll be cut again.

My daughter came home after a week...her tent rolled over in the middle of the night (with her in it) from a windstorm, and then there was too much snow to plant...the snow melted but she just couldn't take the job (get up at 5:30, eat breakfast, leave to start planting at 7, back to camp at 7 or 7:30, eat supper, go to bed).
pianistimo
PS Gold Member

« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2006, 05:48:33 PM »

richgalassini confused me with his being both andre watts and abel88.  i am now just as confused as i was before i went to cunningham pianos.  in any case, resolving questions just keeps me coming back to the store - which is what he probably wants.  i'd say it's a mild case of identity theft.  he wants to live in canada i guess.

your daughter is brave to camp in snowy ? weather.  and get up so early and plant trees all day long.  that is really a service to the next generation!

i want to plant trees, too.  i think i'll plant one in the back yard (takes an acorn and stuffs it int he ground) . does anyone need some acorns?  i've got a whole lot of them in the backyard.  there are so many types of trees here in pa that i'm still confused what's what. we have mostly white ash, maple, and other 'broad leaved' trees and not so many 'coniferous' where i am.  i think those are the piney ones, right?  does coniferous mean having cones?  just curious.  must look in my 'trees of pennsylvania' book.  it has pictures so you dont' get confused.  sort of like audubons bird book except trees.

what's on my mind?  hmmm. besides trees, flowers.  i planted some more impatiens - which grow like wildfire from one little plant.  you can also break the plants up and make more.  planted some marigolds, too.  and, i like going around lifting wildflowers once in a while from the backyard and putting them all in one spot.  then, when the lawn is mowed - they aren't cut down.

thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2006, 08:08:09 PM »

I am just thinking of new ways of upsetting the pregnant dog i work for.

This week it was inviting eveyone to my birthday party and leaving her out on purpose. I told her i would have her thrown out if she turned up.

Next week, i think i will arrange for a wreath to be delivered with her name on it.

Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society
Kassaa
PS Silver Member

« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

I am just thinking of new ways of upsetting the pregnant dog i work for.

This week it was inviting eveyone to my birthday party and leaving her out on purpose. I told her i would have her thrown out if she turned up.

Next week, i think i will arrange for a wreath to be delivered with her name on it.
What if she kicks you out?

Anyway, Beethoven pastorale sonata first movement is on my mind right now, have to fix everything up for my exam in five weeks.

Everything will pass, and the world will perish but the Waldstein Sonata will remain.
thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

What if she kicks you out?

Then i will hunt her down.

Curator/Director
klavierkonzerte
PS Silver Member

« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »

should i do a project on ralph lauren or hsbc bank?

& am i being used by my best friend?
johnny-boy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »

My little girl, Dagny.

John

Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!
emmdoubleew
PS Silver Member

« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2006, 04:56:07 AM »

History homework  Undecided

Girls  Grin
pianolearner
PS Silver Member

« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2006, 08:58:12 AM »

Like the "What are you listening to right now" thread...

What's the most pressing concern on your mind at the moment?

Things you are working on now, things you "must remember to do today or this week,"  etc.  not necessarily piano.

Have you ever walked into a thread and then forgotten what you came in for?
henrah
PS Silver Member

« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2006, 01:05:50 PM »

I'm thinking about working up the courage to ask out this girl I'm friends with, and have been for a long time. The thing is, she confessed her love for me last summer, and I pleasantly (atleast I hope it came across pleasantly) turned her down because it just wasn't the right time in my life to be seeing someone, but now I'm starting to like her more and more but I don't know if she still feels the same. Also I don't want to hurt her if it wouldn't work out, as I feel she might get just a little bit too attached....

My mind is wretching with 'do' or 'don't

And I'm also starting to like this other girl too, but I'm thinking that seeing her will upset the first girl, and I really don't want to do that! So it's either her or no one really....

....damn you females Undecided

Currently learning:<br />Liszt- Consolation No.3<br />J.W.Hässler- Sonata No.6 in C, 2nd mvt<br />Glière- No.10 from 12 Esquisses, Op.47<br />Saint-Saens- VII Aquarium<br />Mozart- Fantasie KV397<br /
thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »

I'm thinking about working up the courage to ask out this girl I'm friends with, and have been for a long time. The thing is, she confessed her love for me last summer, and I pleasantly (atleast I hope it came across pleasantly) turned her down because it just wasn't the right time in my life to be seeing someone, but now I'm starting to like her more and more but I don't know if she still feels the same. Also I don't want to hurt her if it wouldn't work out, as I feel she might get just a little bit too attached....

My mind is wretching with 'do' or 'don't

And I'm also starting to like this other girl too, but I'm thinking that seeing her will upset the first girl, and I really don't want to do that! So it's either her or no one really....

....*** you females Undecided

Don't waste your time with any of them.

Piano is more important than women.

Curator/Director
henrah
PS Silver Member

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2006, 08:15:33 PM »

But I can't have 'intimate relations' (atleast not with pain or some discomfort) with a piano, and I can't play Chopin on a girl.

Well, I don't think I can... I've never really tried his 4th prelude on a female, could be fairly interesting, though where would I play.... her teeth maybe?

Currently learning:<br />Liszt- Consolation No.3<br />J.W.Hässler- Sonata No.6 in C, 2nd mvt<br />Glière- No.10 from 12 Esquisses, Op.47<br />Saint-Saens- VII Aquarium<br />Mozart- Fantasie KV397<br /
thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »

But I can't have 'intimate relations' (atleast not with pain or some discomfort) with a piano, and I can't play Chopin on a girl.

Well, I don't think I can... I've never really tried his 4th prelude on a female, could be fairly interesting, though where would I play.... her teeth maybe?

Girls are very much like pianos.

Both capable of beautiful music, but both have strings attached.

Choose wrongly at your doom.

Curator/Director
pianistimo
PS Gold Member

« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2006, 11:56:19 PM »

strings attached to our teeth?  what?  are you dating girls that floss too much?
johnny-boy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2006, 12:00:19 AM »

Girls are like pianos; they go out of tune after a while.

John Grin

pianistimo
PS Gold Member

« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2006, 12:13:16 AM »

out of tune, ehh.  *screetches
johnny-boy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2006, 12:33:21 AM »

Women on the other hand are like fine crafted violins; they get better with age.

John

henrah
PS Silver Member

« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2006, 12:34:43 AM »

I want both, and I want each to satisfy the other.
Henrah

EDIT: Hehehe, after reading what I just wrote I'm getting images of a girl and a piano getting off together lol Roll Eyes Thought that's not what I meant... obviously...

johnny-boy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »

I can't really say what's on my mind. I will tell you I work for the Government. If I told you any more, I'd have to kill you.

Best, John

thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2006, 10:23:12 PM »

Women on the other hand are like fine crafted violins; they get better with age.

John

Women are like a game of chess.

You start off with an early Knight and end up with a stale mate.

Curator/Director
pianistimo
PS Gold Member

« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2006, 02:37:25 AM »

just went to the shriner's circus.  gotta wonder what's the thrill in riding an elephant.   what if the entire saddle just slipped around under the elephant?  and, how do those proficient riders hang on with their knees right behind the elephants ears?  that's still a pretty wide neck.  must be tough to hang on.

somebody help me get 'funiculi-funicula' out of my head.

oh.  i forgot to tell about the hula hoop girl.  she twirled about 20 at one time.  and, the swirling silk girl - she climbed these two silk panels 10 to 15 feet up whilst smiling and twirling around and in and out.  could have been a las vegas act - but, you know the shriners (1/2 the circus is based around what these old guys want to see and not the kids).  if my husband had known the silk swirling girls would be there, he'd have worn tighter pants.  as it was, he had to just pretend she didn't exist and read a book.   
leahcim
PS Silver Member

« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2006, 03:48:32 AM »

gotta wonder what's the thrill in riding an elephant.

I think you probably have to be another elephant to appreciate it.
lilypiano
PS Silver Member

« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2006, 05:34:06 AM »

thinking about what the last few years would have been like had I been in a mental institution.  I'm not in one. I'm taking classes, I share an apartment with other girls, and I am making progress toward having a life beyond my existence now.  I'm not trapped in a hospital with people other than me telling me I'm crazy. I  still have freedom and opportunities, even if I have tainted the best  opportunity I've ever had.  I've created an interruption for myself.  people that commit themselves do that.  They take a break from the real world they're not sure they can handle. 

"One moment made to stand still and stand for all other moments, whatever they would be or might have been. "
"The girl at her music sits at another sort of light, the fitful, overcast light of life, by which we see ourselves and others only imperfectly, and seldom. "

"It'll be okay, won't it?" I asked. My voice was far away from me and I hadn't said what I meant.  What I meant was that now I was safe, now I was really crazy, and nobody could take me out of there.
-Susanna Kaysen

thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »

thinking about what the last few years would have been like had I been in a mental institution. 

6 months was enough for me.

Some of it was funny.

Thalx

Curator/Director
nanabush
PS Silver Member

« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2006, 01:10:51 AM »

I'm f*ing screwd, that's what's on my mind  Huh

I have two essays each worth 15 % of my overall mark in their respective classes, a presentation next week worth 10% and one the following week worth 25%, and IM GONE THIS WEEKEND TO A PAINTBALL TOURNY, AND IM NOT THAT INTO THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE!  blaaaaa I have no time to work on this stuff!@!

Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2
ada
PS Silver Member

« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2006, 01:27:07 PM »

thinking about.... my friend who has just been around for dinner after splitting with his partner in the ugliest of circumstances, two kids involved...and seven degrees of separation.

... students with essays to write...spare a thought for your poor lecturers who have 18 papers to mark.... Wink

Bach almost persuades me to be a Christian.
- Roger Fry, quoted in Virginia Woolf
henrah
PS Silver Member

« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »

I'm wondering why Sergio Tiempo had to butcher 25/6 with the bass run of 10/12, when it already has a wonderful bass line. I'd never heard 25/6 before hearing Tiempo's, and I loved it; but after hearing the proper bass line, there is no other!!

Pffft on him and pffft on his hands.

Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2006, 05:02:15 AM »

thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2006, 11:21:03 AM »

Deep Mayla, very deep.

Curator/Director
Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2006, 08:09:09 PM »

Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2006, 08:42:52 PM »

thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »

Wow, what does all of that mean.

Curator/Director
johnny-boy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2006, 12:15:58 AM »

My drive in life is to rip all of the BS apart, and find what's left.  That's what moves me forward, THAT and THAT ALONE is what makes me grow... my desire to know... and life's demand on me to do so.   I simply cannot escape it-Mayla

Hi Mayla,

In the movie "Hero" staring Dustin Hoffman, Andy Garcia, and Geena Davis, Hoffman gave this advice to his son: (Talking about life/and the World)  "It's all BS, you just have to find the layer of BS you want to live in".

Best, John Wink

Mayla
PS Gold Member

« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2006, 01:41:38 AM »

johnny-boy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2006, 02:14:49 AM »

BS  Grin

Very good reply Mayla.

John Grin

Tash
PS Silver Member

« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2006, 02:38:30 AM »

i think i'm gonna write and illustrate a story based on carnival of the animals for my class on tuesday. hmmm need to organise my thoughts....

'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy
princessdecadence
PS Silver Member

« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »

harps!

~ Dreaming is not so hard, once you've found your shooting star~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 132   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: