Piano Forum

Topic: What's on your mind now?  (Read 430794 times)

Offline annoying_airhead

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's on your mind right now?
Reply #250 on: June 16, 2006, 04:45:56 PM
1.  My crappy report I just got today.
2.  My 2 essays due in 5 hours
3.  My nose dripping like a leaking tap
4.  umm... still need to think of a location for a joint b'day party in 2 or so odd weeks; no one wants it at their home.  lol

All in all, nothing important.  =)
I like work; it facinates me. I can stare @ it for hours. Jerome K. Jerome
The mind is likened to a household drainage system; keep filling it with rubbish and it will seize up on you - P.K. Shaw

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #251 on: August 05, 2006, 12:48:24 AM
Just wondering if I am ever going to get my *** in gear and actually practice voice like I need to for what I have coming up.  Along those lines, I am kinda wondering if I have actually royally ***ed myself over this time and it's too late. 

Will I scrape by ??

I don't know.  I wonder if I care ?

*does things to further procrastinate*
*feels like going on a procrastination binge*
*needs help*

*feels dangerous and destructive*

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #252 on: August 05, 2006, 03:57:34 PM
should I start juggling again? But that requires a lot of practise like piano. So I would have no time...

Offline annoying_airhead

• PS Silver Member
Reply #253 on: August 06, 2006, 12:48:01 PM
If you can manage it, you should.

My anger at that guy who choose to go to the formal alone, after agreeing when I asked him (wouldn't it have been simpler to say 'no'?)
Stupid (over-due) chem prac. & eng. essay
Eurgh - parent teacher interview on tues. - which I need to tell mum that I've made th interviews.

I'm not doing as well as I should be in school.  Damn.  I should stop procrastinating.  =.

The mind is likened to a household drainage system; keep filling it with rubbish and it will seize up on you - P.K. Shaw

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #254 on: August 06, 2006, 12:56:14 PM
I am thinking of new ways to upset my boss.

Grassing her up to the fire authorities worked like a dream. The plastic beetle in her drawer was a good one as well.

Perhaps sugar in her petrol tank or sabotaging her brakes?

I will come up with something.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline annoying_airhead

• PS Silver Member
Reply #255 on: August 06, 2006, 01:09:12 PM
Offer to make her a cup of coffee - but then *accidentally put salt instead of putting sugar in it.

*I did that to my older sister once - unintentionally of course (I'm being sincere).

Offline paris

• PS Silver Member
Reply #256 on: August 06, 2006, 01:24:46 PM
pancakes  :D
Critics! If one would be a critic, one should begin with self-criticism !
    -Franz Liszt

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #257 on: August 06, 2006, 01:43:07 PM
why is thalbergmad so mean to me.  i haven't done anything to him.  he must think that is attractive and that women flock to men who insult them.  well, this won't work with me.  i'll get you , you miserable - loveable - miserable - loveable - miserable wierd person.  *this is probably the only way thal gets personal messages from women.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #258 on: August 06, 2006, 06:04:07 PM
Offer to make her a cup of coffee - but then *accidentally put salt instead of putting sugar in it.

I spat in her coffee once. It was really funny as she was standing behind me.

I have decided to get in early tomorrow and throw away all her breakfast cereals.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #259 on: August 06, 2006, 06:10:52 PM
she brings breakfast cereals to work?  how disgusting. 

sounds like a teacher my son had (when we used to live in the desert in california).  he said she brought all kinds of food to school because she actually lived in her school room after everyone left.  they used to talk about what she ate and what happened to the school pets.   

Offline jijiza

• PS Silver Member
Reply #260 on: August 08, 2006, 08:59:15 PM
My mind is all about music theory coz I am having an exam this coming Sat.

Life is complicated! :-\

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Reply #261 on: August 08, 2006, 09:36:07 PM
I forgot to take friday and saturday off work, and I just started last week... I can't go either day  :-X , I can't find anyone to fill in my shift... I can't make it no matter what... this sucks sucks sucks!
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #262 on: August 08, 2006, 09:39:36 PM
My mind is all about music theory coz I am having an exam this coming Sat.

Life is complicated! :-\

Not as complicated as music theory.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline annoying_airhead

• PS Silver Member
Reply #263 on: August 11, 2006, 09:30:29 AM
Stupid Viet Oral Sac thingee tomorrow.  I hate sacs; spiteful teacher.  Mind you, he did give us 3 wks notice - was going to start last week, but got sick.  I'm still sick.  If anyone's interested, my snot is a becoming shade of green and yellow.
Lovely.  =)
Hope I can spew in front of him - but that is highly unlikely.

p.s.  I still have not been bothered to do either prac. or essay - but I did do my chem assignment.  hehe.

The joys of life... sometimes you don't notice them through the debris.
*sniff & cough*  Stupid nose and throat.

Oh - saw the school musical on Wed the 9th - Les Mis - was pretty good, but for the Innkeeper's wife.  I thought they could have casted the role better.

Offline brewtality

• PS Silver Member
Reply #264 on: August 11, 2006, 12:09:18 PM
Stupid Viet Oral Sac thingee tomorrow.  I hate sacs; spiteful teacher. 

lmao, 'sacs' that's what your exams are called? at my school 'sack' was what we called kids who we thought were tossers. Good times. Come to think of it, we had 'Cap-A's which I used to think were 'cafes'. Ok enough random reminiscing.

Offline bella musica

• PS Silver Member
Reply #265 on: August 11, 2006, 10:15:24 PM
I'm thinking... 45 more minutes and I can go home from work and practice Beethoven Op. 109, Bach Toccata in D major, and Chopin Scherzo No. 1!
A and B the C of D.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #266 on: August 11, 2006, 10:41:59 PM
wow.  opus 109.  i haven't gotten into the 100's yet - but i think i might soon. 

guess what!  i called the guy that owns that bosendorfer and am scheduled to go and see and possibly play it.  maybe even get a small recording on it?!  now, i want to bring a stack of music - but what to bring?  something with some low notes in it?  the waldstein? 

Offline bella musica

• PS Silver Member
Reply #267 on: August 12, 2006, 12:09:03 AM
Yeah, I thought my teacher was crazy when she suggested op. 109, but she said that it would fit me perfectly.  Which is weird because usually I avoid anything that resembles work.  Ok, just kidding!

Hey, I had a great idea.  Why don't you make a recording on that fabled piano and then POST IT ON THE AUDITION BOARD so we can all hear you playing it!
A and B the C of D.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #268 on: August 12, 2006, 01:37:11 AM
funny you mentioned it - because i just e-mailed mr. wilder and asked how much he would charge since he runs a recording studio (of which i noticed there was also a professional marimbaist - which i think is the guy i heard a while back.  he did some kind of awesome techno move to remove extraneous sound).  i am so excited.  i am going on sunday.  the piano, he said, was slightly out of tune - but noone will care since it is just the basic sound of the piano, right.  the quality. 

now, i have to also be some sort of quiet guru of the noises i'm getting out of the piano.  was thinking today - the first thing i will do instead of playing a piece of music is do my little thing from the bass on up.  each note chromatically.  if i come upon 'trick notes' - i talk him down $100. per note.  if i find the entire engine has been tampered with - i will throw a fit and talk him down another $10,000.  i hope that it hasn't been re-engined.  i want the original hardly played piano that is still in good shape after 21 years.  the original guy bought it just because he had money.  it was a piece of furniture. 

now, why would someone sell this very nice piano after 20 years?  i want to know if there is a blue book of sorts on bosendorfer pricing.  but, it hasn't been over played, right?  so, it might be less 14 years of any kind of serious playing.   that would qualify it for a six year age price range?  i don't know.  all i know is that if it was estimated at 112,ooo in 2000 then it's a matter of how well it's been holding together and how the strings are?  how do you test the quality of strings?  how they stay in tune?  the only thing i am kinda wondering - is it has been tuned every two months?!  i cannot afford a piano that needs a $75. tuning every two months.  is this typical - or can it stand going a lot longer (say six months).  will it go out of tune faster because of the longer strings - or should i always ask them to tune it sharp?

Offline bella musica

• PS Silver Member
Reply #269 on: August 12, 2006, 04:13:10 AM
As far as strings go, one thing you'll want to do is check for any rust spots on them, especially if the piano has been kept in a damp climate (although I'm thinking the people who owned it probably wouldn't let anything like that happen to it - but it never hurts to check).

75$ to tune your piano?????   :o  My tuner charges $125! 
A and B the C of D.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #270 on: August 14, 2006, 12:46:16 AM
Bernhard  ;D

ps-  I beat you, pianistimo
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #271 on: August 14, 2006, 12:46:48 AM
he said that he comes every two months. 

rust on the strings, ehh.  ok.  i will know what to look for now.  i didn't see any at all.  it looked impeccable.  like the lid was down a lot.  not even any dust.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #272 on: August 14, 2006, 12:48:02 AM
mayla, you changed the whole tone of my message.  i see.  hmm.  bernhard, i'm telling on you.  or rather, i'm telling on mayla.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #273 on: August 14, 2006, 12:52:59 AM
mayla, you changed the whole tone of my message. 

To what ?  ::)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #274 on: August 14, 2006, 08:42:25 AM
bernhard ... doesn't come every two months.  i meant the piano tuner.  oh, dear.

Offline little_pianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #275 on: August 21, 2006, 04:52:57 AM
I'm thinking of finishing my chemistry assessment task right now... But I don't feel like doing it... It's due TOMORROW!!!! argh.... I hate assessment...

Offline annoying_airhead

• PS Silver Member
Reply #276 on: August 23, 2006, 03:42:47 PM
Lol - I sprained my left ankle on Friday; getting off a stationary bus... from the bottom step.  *rolls eyes*  I'm a klutz.  =0  Funnily enough, although it's swollen and purple in some spots, it doesn't hurt when I walk on it.  =?  Now how does that work?

School Assessment Coursework (SACs) - NOT fun.

B

Offline lau

• PS Silver Member
Reply #277 on: August 24, 2006, 04:23:52 AM
 1. I have to make oatmean raisin cookies, sugar cut out cookies, and homade yeast bread in one day

2. I have a piano lesson tommorow and i'm scared because I didn't practice

3.  Volodos Ruslan and Ludmilla is a freaking hard!
i'm not asian

Offline annoying_airhead

• PS Silver Member
Reply #278 on: September 11, 2006, 08:31:06 AM
All in all, I'm pretty happy (2 SACs tomorrow; but who cares?  I certainly don't).  I saw a movie on Saturday - the second one for the year- woot@ (it might have been a date - hmm?)!  =)  Piano lesson in 30 mins.

HOLIDAYS IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  =)     =)     =)

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #279 on: September 11, 2006, 02:03:55 PM
Too sleepy to be emotional. *yawn* Wondering how I'm going to get through all my studies today- must make more coffee.
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #280 on: September 11, 2006, 07:17:30 PM
it's a race to the busstop. 

Offline maul

• PS Silver Member
Reply #281 on: September 11, 2006, 07:33:01 PM
sex and money

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #282 on: September 11, 2006, 07:49:00 PM
sex and money

Look at recent posts about prostitutes.

If you have lots of one, you can get lots of the other.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #283 on: September 11, 2006, 08:23:11 PM
free passes?  busses.  prostitutes.  purses.  digging for money.  grovelling. 

wait.  that's not on my mind.  i was just thinking about bach and why i cannot find the fingering that bach wrote himself for the C major fugue.  can anyone help me?  is it in the barenreiter edition? 

Offline pianojam

• PS Silver Member
Reply #284 on: September 11, 2006, 08:50:54 PM
im thinking about how when i just got home from scool and had to do about an hour and a half of homework (just started GCSEs) Then I had to practise the piano...
Then i had to eat  and realised i forgot to practise the violin. quickly did some last minute practise of that and went to my music lesson. got back home and found out i hd MORE homework to do but its hard so i just did 3/4 of then then i came on here.
how can I get the time to play the piano as much as i want and do all my other homework and other stuff?        :'( i cant :'(

i cant practise on the piano like i normaly do because ill sit at the piano play for half an hour then my mum will shout up the through the door "JAMES YOUVE BEEN PLAYING ON THERE FOR THREE HOURS!" so i come off and find everyone trying to watch a film im the next room. How can i be on there for just a bit playing a bit of the piece im workin on then I get transported forward in time. It could be that im just playing on there for a long time and dont realise it but it probaly is someone transporting me through time.
probaly...

anyway thats on my mind right now. im a bit tired now and the more tired i get the more strange my thoughts get

jam  ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #285 on: September 11, 2006, 09:05:49 PM
i was just thinking about bach and why i cannot find the fingering that bach wrote himself for the C major fugue.  

Pointless unless you don't want to use your thumbs.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #286 on: September 11, 2006, 09:33:59 PM
well, i just want to try it.  to sort of get into that 'scare yourself away from the piano' so i can add to that thread.

Offline yooniefied

• PS Silver Member
Reply #287 on: September 14, 2006, 10:54:22 PM
This song is amazing and explains exactly how I feel right now.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #288 on: September 14, 2006, 11:06:38 PM
which song?   ;)  oh.  nevermind.  my daughter is always listening to stuff and i think it affects her mind and makes her think what the song says instead of the other way around.  'gotta get to you and that booty...' or something.  then they talk about monkeys.  nickels come into play - because my five year old sing that.  'gotta get to you and those nickels.'

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #289 on: September 14, 2006, 11:22:43 PM
deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, always deadlines, never enough time for the piano

Two hours to file, must get to work

thumb under technique but enough already with that (there's one person on PF who knows what I mean and YOU know who you are)  ;D

Bach almost persuades me to be a Christian.
- Roger Fry, quoted in Virginia Woolf

Offline amanfang

• PS Silver Member
Reply #290 on: September 20, 2006, 11:59:37 PM
I'm wondering why in the world I signed up for voice lessons this semester.  I somehow convinced the dept head to let me into private lessons instead of taking a class, and I have a pretty laid-back teacher, but for some reason he's not being very laid-back with me.  It's going to be a long semester.....
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #291 on: June 03, 2007, 08:09:24 AM
It seems like all I do sometimes is just pour and pour and pour and pour and I really haven't got the faintest idea as to where it's all going  :-.

Sunny

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #292 on: June 03, 2007, 10:31:34 AM
It seems like all I do sometimes is just pour and pour and pour and pour and I really haven't got the faintest idea as to where it's all going  :-\.

Sunny

That's how artists are, especially musicians like you who feel the sun and a lot more things in themselves. :) Welcome Sunny :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #293 on: June 03, 2007, 10:44:07 AM
It seems like all I do sometimes is just pour and pour and pour and pour

Me too

Hic

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #294 on: June 03, 2007, 11:22:38 AM

Hic

Oh so you speak latin as well? I Didn't know that yet. Sic :P Hic Rhodos hic salta!  ;D

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
Reply #295 on: June 03, 2007, 12:28:18 PM
'gotta get to you and that booty...' or something.  then they talk about monkeys. 

lol   ;D
If it doesn't work - try something different!

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #296 on: June 03, 2007, 01:32:42 PM
anything's better than 'i like big butts.'  perhaps the reason i do not like the current pop/rap/stuff - is that it generates all kinds of ideas in one's child's head.  thankfully, the youngest just sings the big butts part and doesn't know the words to the other part. 

some days i feel like crying.  today is not the day.  too much work to do.  but, why am i in this sort of head-on debate about flashcards?  i never obsessed over flashcards before.  it's really not an issue in my head.  but, i like ingagroznya and mayla.  now i feel i must choose flashcards or big words. 

if only i spoke russian.  did you know there is a propensity for russian names to be extremely long.  perhaps that is the source of the distaste for writing a name out  - the complete version.  tchaikovsky, mussorgsky, rimsky-korsakov.  no wonder long words mean something different. 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #297 on: June 04, 2007, 03:14:03 AM
What's on my mind?

My foot's asleep.  Again.

I am wondering who asked the big butts guy to lie in the first place?  And why?

I'm thinking m1469 is going on an archeological dig through the PS site and we're all following her.  (watches out for cud) :p
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #298 on: June 06, 2007, 07:16:28 AM
Look back, look ahead, riddles, mysteries wherever I look. Yellow sun, blue sun, deep blue, dark black, abyss, where is my heart? I hear ONE tone. Milennia of music...I see a path in the forest in my imagination, the sun shines, the birds whistle, butterflies are fluttering around. It is a lively calmness....got to go now :P ;D

Offline amelialw

• PS Silver Member
Reply #299 on: June 06, 2007, 05:09:29 PM
-my counterpoint and analysis exam of which i've just started studying for and my exams are in August  :P
-almost every piano lesson for the past few weeks, i've gotten a new piece every 1/2 weeks ...yikes
J.S Bach Italian Concerto,Beethoven Sonata op.2 no.2,Mozart Sonatas K.330&333,Chopin Scherzo no.2,Etude op.10 no.12&Fantasie Impromptu
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert