Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: What's on your mind now?  (Read 430927 times)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's on your mind right now?
Reply #550 on: April 18, 2009, 10:12:38 PM
Yeah, I like general landscaping, and my mom and brother are actually quite good at it, having done professional work even, and then my folks have moved a lot and needed to plant yards from scratch almost every time.  So, I have seen what my mom and brother do, which seriously looks like parks, and I just think ... heh  :-X ... about my yards.  What I would love to grow is a vegetable garden, I just *love* to do that, and then I would like to plant berry bushes, fruit trees, pumpkins and stuff around the yard as part of the landscaping.  I suppose half an hour a day of weeding sounds doable, so long as I can find my gloves !

Yeah, I have my gloves  in a metal bucket with all my other gardening hand tools.  Got it out the other day and then I get in the mood.  Yes, a vegatable garden is nice too.  I plan to do the boxed kind which is smaller and higher than ground level.  I plan to grow patio tomatoes and I do have a strawberry patch that is multiplying each year.  Pumpkins and squashes are easy to grow.  I hope you can grow your garden and enjoy!  :)
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #551 on: April 18, 2009, 10:14:01 PM
This is a great day!   ;D    :)    :D   

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #552 on: April 18, 2009, 11:11:01 PM
My banjo is on my mind next week.

It is going in for a minor operation and i am a little worried.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #553 on: April 18, 2009, 11:32:49 PM
My banjo is on my mind next week.

It is going in for a minor operation and i am a little worried.

Thal

Hope your operation goes well, Thal, and have a speedy recovery.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #554 on: April 18, 2009, 11:36:04 PM
Hope your operation goes well, Thal, and have a speedy recovery.

It's not him, it's his banjo, poor thing.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #555 on: April 18, 2009, 11:42:21 PM
It's not him, it's his banjo, poor thing.

go figure!   ::)   :P   lol

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #556 on: April 19, 2009, 06:07:14 AM

I wonder where musicians fit in here?
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #557 on: April 19, 2009, 07:38:12 AM

I wanna see what everyone else thought about it lol

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #558 on: April 19, 2009, 07:51:44 AM

The place of the musician would be out of the screen on the right side ;)

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #559 on: April 19, 2009, 09:03:33 PM
Well, I am thinkin' my hands are getting bigger or something ...  :-.  Okay, they just *feel* like they are bigger, but they are getting more flexible ... and can suddenly stretch further.  I can do an 11th with a little help.  I would never play that, but anyway.  Well, in all honesty, I could actually probably do that before.  But, they are seriously feeling different.

Also, I am thinking about my garden, which I have actually started now.  I raked some old brown leaves leftover from the Fall, hubby fixed the sprinklers, I yanked out a dead tree type thingy, trimmed a rose bush, and made some mild progress on weeding one of the beds.  I am thinkin' a garden is actually going to happen this year.  It really just might happen.

I bought myself some new gardening gloves, which are leather.  And, the smell reminds me of my old softball mit and Spring/Summer leagues.  I don't miss that life, but I like the smell and I like the fact that I got to play softball and the other sports that I did.  I like my piano though :).

Also, I am wondering if pincher bugs are at all related to scorpions ?  It seems like they should be.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #560 on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:08 PM
My mind is on "doctor, doctor, help me to relax please!"  my life is so stressful right now, that I can't seem to focus on anything...... :P    ???     :-[    :-\    :'(    :-X

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #561 on: April 19, 2009, 09:34:41 PM
My mind is on "doctor, doctor, help me to relax please!"  my life is so stressful right now, that I can't seem to focus on anything...... :P    ???     :-[    :-\    :'(    :-X
You seem to be able to focus on writing your posts quite successfully!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #562 on: April 19, 2009, 09:40:34 PM
I think I am GOing to GO outside for a breath of fresh air and clear up my mind and perhaps again I may focus once again......*sigh*

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #563 on: April 19, 2009, 10:37:49 PM
I am wondering why humanity values so much a world and life revolving around a substance that could theoretically disappear in the twinkling of an eye.  A kind of combustion that is currently unrealized to mankind, but the whole earth and all that it contains gone in an instant.  I am thinking about how the Universe is evolved and maintained by that which we believe is nearly a complete mystery to us, and yet we muck around each day in our own little worlds, thinking we are happy to be the center of it.

I feel like I am somewhere in some other land, in some other galaxy ... peering somehow at earth.

It's not that I don't think our daily lives and that which we build it around has value, I just wonder what the value truly is ?  What does all that we see around us actually represent ?  What is behind the veil ?

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #564 on: April 19, 2009, 11:12:26 PM
Do we really want to know?

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Reply #565 on: April 20, 2009, 03:55:54 AM
Why won't iTunes work?  Why do people think switching into music is a bad idea?  I can retire two years later to makeup for lost time anyway...  ;)  Need to wake up at 8AM tomorrow, something I haven't done in the past two weeks.  I need to learn to manage my time; I'm going to kickboxing tomorrow night even though I have an exam Tuesday morning... why am I not stressed that I have 4 exams this week?  Why was I stressed after getting accepted into music? 

I like to create what-if scenarios, and they pretty much seem almost too real that I freak out.  I imagined not getting into music, after having spent hours practicing for my audition, and failing three midterms which so HORRIBLY happened to the day before my audition.  If I didn't get accepted, I would've literally wasted my time and f'kd up my marks beyond repair.  Thank god I did... maybe that's why I'm not stressed about exams?  They don't influence how I'm going to do next year.  Fresh start I guess   :)

...hmm im going to go get some dill pickle chips right about now...
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #566 on: April 20, 2009, 04:09:42 AM
Right now, I'm just a bit disappointed in some peoples, and I know how hard it is to make a friend at times. ....but it would be nice though...*sigh*  too busy in their lives.

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #567 on: April 20, 2009, 05:12:54 AM
Waiting for my piano exam's result...
when dignity, love, and joy meet...

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #568 on: April 21, 2009, 12:57:15 AM
healthy, easy food
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #569 on: April 21, 2009, 02:40:00 AM
Oh no....

(Bob has a realization).   Goose is going to die again.  It's coming up.  Happens everytime I see Top Gun.  Buh bye Goose...again...  :-\

Yup... There he goes...  :'(  If only Ice had moved sooner and let Maverick take the shot...

(Bob wonders if they should have worn bicycle helmets, but that wouldn't look very cool.)
 ::)

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #570 on: April 21, 2009, 02:53:18 AM
I hate it that musicians only talk about technique technique technique and teachers speak of teaching music as if it were citizen army training. Drills drills drills run up and down technique technique technique.

I don't remember the last time I've talked to someone about music.
I don't remember the last time I enjoyed playing.
I want to quit this bunch of lies they call a music course.

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #571 on: April 21, 2009, 03:16:23 AM
rage against the machine.

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #572 on: April 21, 2009, 03:31:14 AM
Do we really want to know?

I think that ultimately we already do know, it's already within us.  And, actually, I think there is not that which is outside of us and then that which is within.  In some respect, I think that when we look to the stars, for example, and somehow glimpse an otherworldy view from somewhere else than earth, that we are actually seeing a reflection of what is within us.  Our perspective though organizes it in a way that sometimes seems to be spacially outside of our reach.

However, I think that who we are scares us as I believe we are individually infinite and eternal.  We look inside of ourselves and there is no bottom, there is no top, there is just space ... and what seems like darkness.  It seems like an abyss.  And so our protectors come in and create floors and cielings to give us some kind of feeling of stability, so we can walk around and function in our daily lives.  I don't think this is bad, and I don't promote that we dive into ourselves head first without one hand on the sword.  But, I do think that we are forced to break the floors and ceilings, whether we would like to or not.

Today I hear geese and frogs, and I like that.  I have now cleared two raised beds and have "tilled" the soil.  I have pulled some major dandelions that have been cluttering the path ... and it seems a garden is truly going to be happening this year.  I am excited, but I find that now I am having a difficult time deciding what to grow and exactly where.  It's a funny thing, now that I am clearing the raised beds, I want to save them from having plants in them, and think about planting veggies everywhere else around the yard... go figure !  It's similar to a time when I had a clean scrub brush to wash the floors and bathtub with, and didn't want to use it because it would get dirty, so I had a dirty one, too, which I used to actually clean things with.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #573 on: April 21, 2009, 05:59:47 AM
I think that ultimately we already do know, it's already within us.  And, actually, I think there is not that which is outside of us and then that which is within.  In some respect, I think that when we look to the stars, for example, and somehow glimpse an otherworldy view from somewhere else than earth, that we are actually seeing a reflection of what is within us.  Our perspective though organizes it in a way that sometimes seems to be spacially outside of our reach.
I agree

However, I think that who we are scares us as I believe we are individually infinite and eternal.  We look inside of ourselves and there is no bottom, there is no top, there is just space ... and what seems like darkness.  It seems like an abyss.

What happens to me is that space also disappears "there"

And so our protectors come in and create floors and cielings to give us some kind of feeling of stability, so we can walk around and function in our daily lives.  I don't think this is bad, and I don't promote that we dive into ourselves head first without one hand on the sword.

I see, I sometimes tend to forget that sword...it's one of light I guess...

But, I do think that we are forced to break the floors and ceilings, whether we would like to or not.

Well I don't agree about the being forced thing, but I think I get what you mean.

Yeah what is on my mind now, I sometimes seem to meet you at this "place", so there is actually no more abyss because you are there...Anyway I am not anymore scared of this abyss though, what still scares me sometimes are some of the people on earth...

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #574 on: April 21, 2009, 11:13:27 AM
Most of the people on this earth  travel on their own path where ever it may lead them.  Yes, I may seem somewhat philosophical now.  People may try to reach out and help, but would their *intentions* be sincere or flawed in some way?  And also, with this being the Internet, what consistutes a *friend* anyhow.  Yes, indeed, that is what is on my mind now......hum...

Offline mrwasabibird

• PS Silver Member
Reply #575 on: April 21, 2009, 03:32:51 PM
whether or not I should buy this book for my cuz.

When God goes to Starbucks

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #576 on: April 21, 2009, 07:44:28 PM
Most of the people on this earth  travel on their own path where ever it may lead them.  Yes, I may seem somewhat philosophical now.  People may try to reach out and help, but would their *intentions* be sincere or flawed in some way?  And also, with this being the Internet, what consistutes a *friend* anyhow.  Yes, indeed, that is what is on my mind now......hum...

If I am on my path and it is truly my path it's the best I can do, for myself and for others. Difficulties occur only if I leave my path. There is a profound confidence in me that my path, if it's really and honestly, truly my path, will go well together with other people's paths and we will agree sometime in the same intentions.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #577 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:24 PM
(Bob is thinking that pirate looks nothing like Johnny Depp or any of the others in the Caribean movies.)

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #578 on: April 24, 2009, 02:54:42 PM
Well I don't agree about the being forced thing, but I think I get what you mean.

Well, if nothing else, we are each forced by some means to come to grips with the concept of mortality and finiteness, and conversely then, with the concept of life, eternity, and infinity.  It is perhaps the greatest "math" problem of our time here really, and we must ultimately work it out within our own beings individually, but we are asked to more or less "show our work" as we go along ... hee hee.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #579 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:56 PM
My stomach hurts ugh.  :(

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #580 on: April 26, 2009, 01:15:54 AM
Second shift at work tomorrow, 5am start. Can't believe it took 5 months to get a casual job...bloody hell.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #581 on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:17 AM
I think I need a break from piano.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #582 on: April 26, 2009, 10:58:01 AM
History repeats itself. Nothing has changed, and probably nothing will.

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #583 on: April 26, 2009, 02:17:52 PM
H1n1... Pig Flu. I wonder can my country stands against it..  :'( I'm really worry if something bad happen... National exam is tomorrow.

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #584 on: April 26, 2009, 03:28:33 PM
I think I need a break from piano.

I never expected to hear that from you old chap.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #585 on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:31 PM
I never expected to hear that from you old chap.

Thal

I'm mentally exhausted and have no desire to play. I rather go on some bike rides for a while until I feel better in shape and the desire to play returns.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #586 on: April 26, 2009, 05:01:51 PM
Bloody good idea.

I have always found that physical exhaustion is a good cure for mental exhaustion.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #587 on: April 26, 2009, 05:08:53 PM
Bloody good idea.

I have always found that physical exhaustion is a good cure for mental exhaustion.

Thal

Yeah you're absolutely right :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #588 on: April 26, 2009, 05:14:36 PM
It is easy for me Wolfi. 50 miles and i am knackered.

I expect you need a fair bit more.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #589 on: April 26, 2009, 05:25:42 PM
It is easy for me Wolfi. 50 miles and i am knackered.

I expect you need a fair bit more.

Thal

Now not yet, since I have been rather "inwards" for quite a while, but perhaps next weekend I might need more, or the weekend after. And in the summer I will go to ride passes in the Alps  8)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #590 on: April 26, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
Go is contemplating on joining a lonely hearts club band, and sojourn around the country.....

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #591 on: April 26, 2009, 09:44:48 PM
Swine flu.

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #592 on: April 27, 2009, 04:36:46 PM
I actually really DO love the piano forum, and its inhabitants !!!  I know I am not the easiest individual, but I am *so* glad this place exists, and that it existed at the time I found it ... and, I am SO grateful to the individuals who have helped me here and beyond, and to those whom have been my friend !!!!  Everything else is super stupid, the piano forum and the individuals here are super great ... hee hee  ;D

Thank you !!!!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #593 on: April 27, 2009, 04:52:17 PM
I know I am not the easiest individual

There are a lot worse on here.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #594 on: April 27, 2009, 07:19:18 PM
I actually really DO love the piano forum, and its inhabitants !!!  I know I am not the easiest individual, but I am *so* glad this place exists, and that it existed at the time I found it ... and, I am SO grateful to the individuals who have helped me here and beyond, and to those whom have been my friend !!!!  Everything else is super stupid, the piano forum and the individuals here are super great ... hee hee  ;D

Thank you !!!!

Thank you, K :)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #595 on: April 27, 2009, 08:40:18 PM
Go plays her violin, and plays the adagio pieces that she knows as she releases all her feelings in those pieces as the sounds of her violin fills the air.......

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #596 on: April 27, 2009, 08:52:39 PM

Thank you !!!!

What she said.
Thanks everyone.  :-*

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #597 on: April 28, 2009, 01:26:55 PM
Trauma center, under the knife!!! How to treat the destroy the Triti?! Rarr!!!

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #599 on: April 30, 2009, 12:46:56 AM
I wonder what Holst would think if he knew Jupiter was being used to sell candy.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert