Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Last post wins!!!!!  (Read 1109483 times)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: Last post wins!!!!!
Reply #16650 on: April 12, 2024, 02:10:14 AM
Really... you couldn't come up with anything wittier than rephrasing what I already said???

Online liszt-and-the-galops

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16651 on: April 12, 2024, 02:56:26 AM
Really... you couldn't come up with anything wittier than rephrasing what I already said???
It's a true statement while yours isn't.
Therefore mine is wittier.
Amateur pianist, beginning composer, conqueror of the Last post wins thread, creator of the Musical Madness tournament (2024).

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16652 on: April 12, 2024, 03:28:38 AM
It's a true statement while yours isn't.

Therefore mine is wittier.

Yeah... you're a real barrel of laughs. So is this guy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16653 on: April 12, 2024, 10:29:44 AM
Yeah... you're a real barrel of laughs. So is this guy
Who the heck thought it was a joke???
Also, you're too lazy to remove the watermarks?

Amateur pianist, beginning composer, conqueror of the Last post wins thread, creator of the Musical Madness tournament (2024).

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16654 on: April 12, 2024, 01:34:28 PM
who the heck thought it was a joke???

Everyone who read your comments...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16655 on: April 12, 2024, 02:23:11 PM
As a matter of fact, I did get burned.
Trust me, stove tops are NOT safe to touch.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16656 on: April 13, 2024, 12:55:16 AM

Offline gasplamey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16657 on: April 13, 2024, 03:05:48 AM
Nonsense. My hand has been on the stove for 30 minutes and I don't feel anything.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16658 on: April 13, 2024, 05:05:40 AM

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16659 on: April 13, 2024, 07:05:54 AM
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline gasplamey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16660 on: April 13, 2024, 08:47:34 AM

Online transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16661 on: April 13, 2024, 03:01:25 PM
Spanish sucks. French and Italian are better.
Didn't you say you would defer all your posts to j_tour from now on?
Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually! My favorites are D 960, D 959, D 840, D 568, and D 894.

Offline gasplamey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16662 on: April 13, 2024, 05:05:51 PM
Didn't you say you would defer all your posts to j_tour from now on?
No. I said that all my posts would be wins for J_Tour. I didn't say I'd agree with him on everything.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16663 on: April 13, 2024, 11:44:55 PM
No. I said that all my posts would be wins for J_Tour. I didn't say I'd agree with him on everything.

That totally convinces me that you and J_Tour are the same person. Why would you want your win to go to someone else? What has he done to earn your future wins?

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16664 on: April 14, 2024, 03:26:37 AM
That totally convinces me that you and J_Tour are the same person. Why would you want your win to go to someone else? What has he done to earn your future wins?
According to him...
I have finally read through the entirety of the Last Post wins thread, and have decided to donate all of my posts to the funniest person who posts here... the property of j_tour.
I suppose this post was after a 2-3 week long absence from posting, so there was time...
The outcome doesn't make sense though; you and LIIW have been at this thread for longer than any of us, so I'd think that he would've gone with one of you two (probably LIIW since he's way funnier than you could ever hope to be ;)). What metric did you use, GDLNI???

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16665 on: April 14, 2024, 05:00:29 AM

Ta guęule, espčce putain.  Oh, je te tant admire, parler français, ptsse.  Et bien quelle langue dont t'y pense q seriait ma langue natale, putain? 

Chiant putain, ne me recommende toi aucun espčce dtes conneries ŕ propos de ni le français ni l'itialien également, putain merde.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Online transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16666 on: April 14, 2024, 05:04:51 AM
Ta guęule, espčce putain.  Oh, je te tant admire, parler français, ptsse.  Et bien quelle langue dont t'y pense q seriait ma langue natale, putain? 

Chiant putain, ne me recommende toi aucun espčce dtes conneries ŕ propos de ni le français ni l'itialien également, putain merde.

Rare j_tour no courier moment  :o
Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually! My favorites are D 960, D 959, D 840, D 568, and D 894.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16667 on: April 14, 2024, 08:05:07 AM

LET IT BE KNOWN ON THE 14TH DAY OF THE 4TH MONTH OF THE 2024TH YEAR OF OUR LORD... THAT J_TOUR FORGOT HIS MOST FUNDAMENTAL DUTY, OF HONOURING THE COURIER NEW FONT... AND POSTED IN PLAIN OLD BORING ARIAL...

WE, THE MEMBERS OF THE PIANOSTREET FORUM ARE ASHAMED FOR HIM, AND ASHAMED OF HIM AND BELIEVE THAT SUCH A HEINOUS MISSTEP SHOULD BE CONSTANTLY REPEATED TO HIM, SO HE CAN NEVER FORGET THE HUMILIATION ON WHAT OCCURRED ON THIS VERY DAY.

Also on a sidenote... no one cares about the French.

Offline gasplamey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16668 on: April 14, 2024, 08:34:16 AM
LET IT BE KNOWN ON THE 14TH DAY OF THE 4TH MONTH OF THE 2024TH YEAR OF OUR LORD... THAT J_TOUR FORGOT HIS MOST FUNDAMENTAL DUTY, OF HONOURING THE COURIER NEW FONT... AND POSTED IN PLAIN OLD BORING ARIAL...

WE, THE MEMBERS OF THE PIANOSTREET FORUM ARE ASHAMED FOR HIM, AND ASHAMED OF HIM AND BELIEVE THAT SUCH A HEINOUS MISSTEP SHOULD BE CONSTANTLY REPEATED TO HIM, SO HE CAN NEVER FORGET THE HUMILIATION ON WHAT OCCURRED ON THIS VERY DAY.
Well, that was funny.
Also on a sidenote... no one cares about the French.
Nearly the entire world cares about French, so you are simply wrong.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16669 on: April 14, 2024, 06:00:59 PM

Offline gasplamey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16670 on: April 14, 2024, 06:31:02 PM

That's true in the same way "this statement is false" is true.
It's not.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16671 on: April 14, 2024, 07:27:28 PM
That's true in the same way "this statement is false" is true.
It's not.

"This statement is false" is true. It's just also false, unlike this statement.
This is evidenced by your quote here:
Welp Liszt-and-the-galops won, so this thread is over. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
;D

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16672 on: April 15, 2024, 01:09:27 AM

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16673 on: April 15, 2024, 01:24:36 AM

Combined with the previous statement, we get:
"This isn't over until you say I win."
 ;D ;D

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16674 on: April 15, 2024, 01:32:07 AM
Combined with the previous statement, we get:
This isn't over until you say I win."

Problem is... I'll NEVER say that. Ever.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16675 on: April 15, 2024, 02:21:11 AM
Problem is... I'll NEVER say that. Ever.
Well, this will never end then. Oh, wait,
I give up. You win.
Nevermind. It's over. ;D

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16676 on: April 15, 2024, 04:03:35 AM
Well you all people can go eat one. 

Besides, I just got banned from the online official forum dedicated to this old TV show Mystery Science Theater 3000 I used to watch when I was a kid, so you all going to lose this thread.

On the good note, they finally got back in stock the Yamaha Reface CP....toy piano to use when just sitting around at home or something, so I don't have to play guitar any more when laughing at you bunch of clowns.

Sounds and effects are excellent.  (Well, it's limited to pretty much a very good Rhodes and Wurlitzer piano sounds, and has a surprisingly rich effects bank including beautiful tremolo, autowah, decent chorus and phaser if one uses those [not really my thing, either one, but it will do the task], and a very neat delay section, which I haven't really explored much (it's a little challenging to get a dry tone and just add in effect-by-effect, and I find delay effects to be a little subtle to hear and play with, unless one is going for an extreme sound, so I just dial it in to a touch of slapback, pretty much, or turn that section off) plus verb...so, pretty much about all the effects one would want for electric pianos) ....it does have a Clavinet sound (an electrified version of a clavichord, made by the Hohner company for a while)....but it's not possible to actually play anything really percussive on the keyboard and I haven't got around to plugging it into an actual keyboard....nor even really plugged into any serious monitors or speakers).  No, one cannot actually play anything on those little minikeys....just chords and some medium or medium-up tempo single lines...there's no action on the keyboard, so forget about playing anything.  Even just single-note trills are impossible at any speed one would use those...the action isn't there physically to do even that much.  It's a toy, and I can put it in my car and play it while I'm driving!  It is actually a really useful toy, though, for those of us who don't have absolute pitch and like to transcribe performances or just play along with the radio and such.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16677 on: April 15, 2024, 05:52:03 AM
Well, this will never end then.

Oh... it will end eventually. One of us (most likely you) is bound to expire from this mortal coil sometime soon, and I will eventually and ultimately triumph.

And I take it you're not in it for the moral victory - because if you did have morals, you wouldn't try and put words into my mouth that I have no intention of saying.

Again... you've been at this for 6 months... I've been here for almost 11 years. In terms of tenacity, I've shown I NEVER compromise or ease off... in fact I'm not more determined than ever to win this thread.

I guarantee that you will never get the last post. There's a very good chance I'll have it, a slightly smaller chance that J_Tour or Nilsjohan will get it... but I know the one person who will NOT get the last post to win this thread...

...is you.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16678 on: April 15, 2024, 10:38:02 AM
Oh... it will end eventually. One of us (most likely you) is bound to expire from this mortal coil sometime soon, and I will eventually and ultimately triumph.
I'm younger than you two and I know it. I just need to outlast you. Might take decades, but I don't care. I know I have this in the bag (provided nils doesn't decide to end the thread prematurely), so I won't give in.
And I take it you're not in it for the moral victory - because if you did have morals, you wouldn't try and put words into my mouth that I have no intention of saying.
Clearly, you're not holding on to the morals you claim are so precious to you either. In that regard, transitional and LIIW are the rightful winners.
Again... you've been at this for 6 months... I've been here for almost 11 years. In terms of tenacity, I've shown I NEVER compromise or ease off... in fact I'm not[assuming this is a typo, please correct me if I'm wrong :)] more determined than ever to win this thread.
There is another who's been at this thread for even longer than you. You always forget about them. Want to take a guess as to who it is?
I guarantee that you will never get the last post. There's a very good chance I'll have it, a slightly smaller chance that J_Tour or Nilsjohan will get it.
Out of everyone in the entire world, nilsjohan is easily the most likely to win this thread, followed by LIIW. Then transitional, then me, then finally you and j_tour.
but I know the one person who will NOT get the last post to win this thread...

...is you.
Saying that may prove to be your biggest mistake yet...

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16679 on: April 15, 2024, 07:26:06 PM
It's not about winning but taking the win from others. Almost like how some Chinese people compete for food.

We don't really want a winner right? Then there's just nothing left over, like the empty buffet tray of sadness.

"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16680 on: April 16, 2024, 06:25:46 AM
It's not about winning but taking the win from others.

Yeah, some of the things I said about you I take back.

Pretty right on.

Don't talk about it, though:  do it!

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16681 on: April 16, 2024, 10:27:43 AM
It's not about winning but taking the win from others. Almost like how some Chinese people compete for food. We don't really want a winner right? Then there's just nothing left over, like the empty buffet tray of sadness.
That explains why you don't just lock this thread. :)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16682 on: April 16, 2024, 02:31:25 PM
Out of everyone in the entire world, nilsjohan is easily the most likely to win this thread, followed by LIIW. Then transitional, then me, then finally you and j_tour.Saying that may prove to be your biggest mistake yet...

Oh, the level of naivety... to be that ignorant. That fact that you put transitional and yourself above me in terms of the odds of winning shows how foolish you truly are.

Also, I am the one who told you that chances are Nilsjohan would be the most likely winner since he alone can lock the thread if he chooses...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16683 on: April 16, 2024, 03:15:42 PM
Also, I am the one who told you that chances are Nilsjohan would be the most likely winner since he alone can lock the thread if he chooses...
The fact that you put your own odds above his is where I take issue. Also, The creator of the thread can close it, so LIIW is below only nils.
Oh, the level of naivety... to be that ignorant. That fact that you put transitional and yourself above me in terms of the odds of winning shows how foolish you truly are.
We've agreed that this thread will keep going for quite a long time (assuming it isn't locked). If it goes on for long enough, everyone but the youngest competitors will be dead, leaving me and transitional to compete for the win. He's younger than me if he really is a 10th grader, so he's the most likely winner among those who can't close the thread.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16684 on: April 16, 2024, 06:56:59 PM
Gawd.  You people are so serious!  Lighten up, already!

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16685 on: April 16, 2024, 07:30:46 PM

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16686 on: April 17, 2024, 12:10:25 PM

I ain't going to ask what the hole is used for... too many of them seemingly in Fremantle.

No.

Good... the stress will kill you. Seemingly I'm as stress free as an aerobic or Pilates instructor. I'll *** outlive you all... I've gone my entire life without COVID, the flu, gastro, eye or ear infections and I haven't had to throw up in 30 years.

I'm practically immune to disease... and the last time I had to take a sick day was 8 *** years ago.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16687 on: April 17, 2024, 12:52:08 PM
Good... the stress will kill you. Seemingly I'm as stress free as an aerobic or Pilates instructor. I'll *** outlive you all...
Aren't you in your early 40s or something?
I'm in my 20s and transitional is probably in his teens. You don't stand a chance of outliving either of us.
I've gone my entire life without COVID, the flu, gastro, eye or ear infections and I haven't had to throw up in 30 years.
That's... pretty common. Even then, I don't buy some of that.
I'm practically immune to disease... and the last time I had to take a sick day was 8 *** years ago.
Wasn't that the day you got fired? ;D

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16688 on: April 17, 2024, 08:21:21 PM
Goddamned people!  So fricking serious!  That's why I dislike young people.

Take your medicine already.  Put hair on your chest.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16689 on: April 17, 2024, 08:27:47 PM
Put hair on your chest.[/font]
Honestly we should avoid that conversation like the plague.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16690 on: April 18, 2024, 06:52:00 AM
Honestly we should avoid that conversation like the plague.

OK, put hair on your palms then.  How the hell should I know?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16691 on: April 18, 2024, 09:01:00 AM
Aren't you in your early 40s or something?

I take offense to that... I'm ages away from my 40's thank you. I'm still in my 30's.

I'm in my 20s and transitional is probably in his teens. You don't stand a chance of outliving either of us.That's... pretty common. Even then, I don't buy some of that.

Young people do stupid things... teenagers - even more so. I lived through that period and didn't do anything dumb, so I've got a great chance of outliving you all.

Wasn't that the day you got fired? ;D

Nope... still in the same job I was 8 years ago... or 13 years ago for that matter.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16692 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:07 AM
OK, put hair on your palms then.  How the hell should I know?
Now THAT I can get behind.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16693 on: April 18, 2024, 10:11:18 PM
Now THAT I can get behind.

Who the hell wants hairy palms??? You'd look like barefoot... My hands are hair free and haven't seen a single days hard labour...

...perfect for piano playing...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16694 on: April 18, 2024, 10:49:24 PM
Who the hell wants hairy palms???
It was a joke...

Based on petting a cat...

Hence the image.

Also, what the **** is "Barefoot"?? ?? ??

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16695 on: April 19, 2024, 04:00:41 AM
I've gone my entire life without COVID, the flu, gastro, eye or ear infections...

My hands are hair free and haven't seen a single days hard labour...
Oh Bubble boy! I remember you.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16696 on: April 19, 2024, 06:16:21 AM
Based on petting a cat...

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

I keep my hands and fingertips dry and free of hair at all times.

It adds to the mystery.  Plus kitty likes it that way, although .... never mind ... fill in your own punchline to that!

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16697 on: April 19, 2024, 09:50:43 AM
I never liked Archie comics... too tame for my taste. There's something rather lackluster I find in their jokes...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16698 on: April 19, 2024, 04:30:21 PM
I never liked Archie comics... too tame for my taste. There's something rather lackluster I find in their jokes...
I despise them for...
other reasons.

like trying to make Sonic the most powerful thing in fiction smh. >:( >:( >:(

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16699 on: April 19, 2024, 07:32:19 PM
It knows what it did. 

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert