Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: What's on your mind now?  (Read 440058 times)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's on your mind right now?
Reply #1300 on: March 29, 2010, 03:54:38 PM
Coming back here and thinking,
WHERE IS EVERYONE???

Some are here, some have left, there will always be changes....
Those that you and I have known are not visiting here as much, or not at all.
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1301 on: March 29, 2010, 05:06:08 PM
Coming back here and thinking,
WHERE IS EVERYONE???

I'm still here. I miss the old PS times. =(
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1302 on: March 29, 2010, 05:31:11 PM

I do too....

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1303 on: March 30, 2010, 01:38:33 AM
I think I'm in purgatory.  That would explain a lot. :|
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1304 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:01 AM

I'm sorry I've been away. I guess it's because I've stopped playing the piano, and don't find a reason to be here.
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1305 on: March 30, 2010, 02:23:17 AM
Aw.  It's always still there waiting for you.

(which also sounds a bit ominous.)

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1306 on: March 30, 2010, 05:47:33 PM
How much an artist's world and inspiration may involve "outside my window" ... :)

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1307 on: April 01, 2010, 05:24:25 AM
Im ecstatic.

It's nearly 2AM, and I just memorized my fugue! (WTK1 Bb-)

My teacher isn't going to kill me tomorrow after all!!!

I'm also starving, because I got home too late and missed supper  :-X
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1308 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:33 PM
The face of happiness.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1309 on: April 13, 2010, 12:30:30 AM
I just noticed where that person's hand is in the pic above.  (Bob still thinks poodles are naturally mean.)

I'm losing my gold member status.  That's what's on my mind.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1310 on: April 13, 2010, 02:48:42 AM
I wonder when the weather will get warmer....been rainy and cold these past few
weeks.... :P

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1311 on: April 13, 2010, 04:20:53 AM
Back from Maestro's, I can't stop thinking about a funny coincidence in the people I was seated next to on my flight there and back.  On my flight out, I happened to sit next to this woman who is also a local piano teacher (where I live) and who had recently referred a couple of students to me.  She and I had not formally met but knew of each other, and we just so happened to be seated right next to each other on our flight out !  Then, on the way back, I just so happened to be seated next to the same fellow I had been seated next to on my way back 6 weeks ago !!  What the ??  He and I had an interesting connection the first time, and it's just so strange to me that we randomly were seated next to each other AGAIN !  :o  That stuff happens, but to have both of those things happen this weekend was just pretty ... well, it was great :).  This was the first time I hadn't specified what seats I wanted, and to my knowledge I didn't know anybody else on those flights ... I just happened to get seated next to some form of only acquaintance I had on those flights.  CRAZY cool :).

And, a number of people recognized me when I went back this time, and I had these great and truly friendly conversations with my shuttle drivers.  All of that was somehow kind of cool and unexpected :).

Also, vivo Lo Maestro !!  :)  

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1312 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:52 AM
What is Maestro's? I would almost think (sarcastically) it was Toscanini's house. ;D

But the last flight I was on, the connecting flight back home, in walked a former teacher of three years. I greeted him in warm excitement and he recognized me as someone he'd seen in the hall, but could not remember who I was...some influence I have!  :-[  :)
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1313 on: April 13, 2010, 12:59:52 PM
(Bob still thinks poodles are naturally mean.)

Oh no no no no! They are not naturally mean! Well I don't know about all of them, but we had one. He was THE bestest doggy in the whole world! He was with me my whole life and I couldn't imagine ever being without him, and he was like my brother and he was my best friend and he is my angel now. And he was in NO WAY mean! He always knew if you were sad or if something was wrong and he would always make you feel better. I wished so much he would live till 20 or 30 years but he died when he was 16 years (and 1 month) old....  :(  :'(  it was sooo horrible! I wished I could die with him too! Because I couldn't imagine living without him at all!
And then we got the doggy that we have now... and there were really some weird things about all that and about the doggy we have now. It was like in some way he came back as this doggy again. So that made me feel a little better. And I know he is still with me and that he is my angel and since then I like ghosts and I feel kinda close to them :) And like in a way I am one of them :)  :P
This is the best doggy in the whole world! (this picture was taken on his 15th birthday, which is on may 12th)

Now I remembered him sooooooooo much again!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1314 on: April 13, 2010, 01:08:33 PM
My doggy is now on my mind!  I miss him sooooooooooo much!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1315 on: April 13, 2010, 03:00:56 PM
You can see the bloodlust in that dog's eyes above.  He's either going to rip your leg off... or hump it.  Either way, you might lose a leg.

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1316 on: April 13, 2010, 03:37:19 PM
I have dogs on my mind right now.. And I blame all of you for that! Especially No Pie-Bob, for that poodle pic.

Oh, and Schumann. Those frigging symphonic etudes..

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1317 on: April 13, 2010, 06:07:08 PM
Don't blame me.  Blame the visually impaired dog gender identifiers.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1318 on: April 13, 2010, 06:40:03 PM
My aunt had a poodle and it was a vicious little bugger. It regularly used to go for my ankles.

It gave me great joy to throw its favourite treats in the bin whilst it was watching.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1319 on: April 13, 2010, 08:40:19 PM
I have dogs on my mind right now.. And I blame all of you for that! Especially No Pie-Bob, for that poodle pic.

Oh, and Schumann. Those frigging symphonic etudes..
I cannot quite perceive the connection, so maybe you could enlighten us; thanks.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1320 on: April 14, 2010, 01:02:52 PM
It's not funny! Why do you say bad things about my doggy?? If you don't like me just say something bad about me! Leave my doggy alone! What did he ever do to you?! you don't know anything about him, you don't know what a great doggy he was! And he sure never humped or ripped anyone's leg or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok??
And are you racist??? Saying all poodles are mean it's just like saying all people from one country or of one race are bad and mean!!! That's wrong!!!!!!!!! It's not like you've met all of them!
You made me really sad and you made me cry. And I guess thats what you wanted anyway so you can now go and celebrate and feel really happy and proud cause you did it! I wrote all that about my doggy yesterday not cause I thought it was funny cause I feel like crying when I talk about all that, I just wrote it so you would maybe understand that not all poodles are like that! And why do u then have to start making fun of that?? Well we'll see how you feel when someone you love sooo much dies and then someone says bad things about them! oh or maybe you just don't love anyone that much. lucky you!!!
Oh and you know what? Maybe you should go and ask your aunt why her dog was acting that way! I mean people should teach dogs how to act! You can't really expect doggys to just be born knowing what's right and what's wrong! PEOPLE are supposed to teach them that!! how can u not know that???  Oh or maybe you should just ask yourself too why dogs don't like you! because dogs know very well if someone hates them and if someone is mean!
And how would you feel if you were in that poodles place probably standing there for a whole day with that stupid haircut and everything? You don't think you would look angry?
Maybe I will post my doggy's picture in the pictures thread again. could you please not say bad things about him? You can say bad things about me if you want, I mean I guess it's not really hard to find something to make fun of... I mean I say stupid things all the time and I can't play the piano.... so could you PLEASE just make fun of that? Just say bad things about me! But don't say bad things about my doggy! You don't know him and you don't know anything about him! And you don't know how much I love him and how much he means to me! thanks!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1321 on: April 14, 2010, 02:20:16 PM
I may be a bit sizist when it comes to dogs and fancy dogs.  I apologize.  I blame my parents and upbringing for this.  

Witness the fury of a wiener dog mauling below.  I don't know if this guy is going to need facial reconstruction after this attack or what.  Watch at your own risk.

Small dogs are useful for home defense.

This is actually a type of large amoeba.  You can see it attempting to moving around with its propeller tail.

Dogs have descended from wolves to take their proud place in the homes of humans.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1322 on: April 14, 2010, 05:08:56 PM
It's not funny! Why do you say bad things about my doggy?? If you don't like me just say something bad about me! Leave my doggy alone! What did he ever do to you?! you don't know anything about him, you don't know what a great doggy he was! And he sure never humped or ripped anyone's leg or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok??
And are you racist??? Saying all poodles are mean it's just like saying all people from one country or of one race are bad and mean!!! That's wrong!!!!!!!!! It's not like you've met all of them!
You made me really sad and you made me cry. And I guess thats what you wanted anyway so you can now go and celebrate and feel really happy and proud cause you did it! I wrote all that about my doggy yesterday not cause I thought it was funny cause I feel like crying when I talk about all that, I just wrote it so you would maybe understand that not all poodles are like that! And why do u then have to start making fun of that?? Well we'll see how you feel when someone you love sooo much dies and then someone says bad things about them! oh or maybe you just don't love anyone that much. lucky you!!!
Oh and you know what? Maybe you should go and ask your aunt why her dog was acting that way! I mean people should teach dogs how to act! You can't really expect doggys to just be born knowing what's right and what's wrong! PEOPLE are supposed to teach them that!! how can u not know that???  Oh or maybe you should just ask yourself too why dogs don't like you! because dogs know very well if someone hates them and if someone is mean!
And how would you feel if you were in that poodles place probably standing there for a whole day with that stupid haircut and everything? You don't think you would look angry?
Maybe I will post my doggy's picture in the pictures thread again. could you please not say bad things about him? You can say bad things about me if you want, I mean I guess it's not really hard to find something to make fun of... I mean I say stupid things all the time and I can't play the piano.... so could you PLEASE just make fun of that? Just say bad things about me! But don't say bad things about my doggy! You don't know him and you don't know anything about him! And you don't know how much I love him and how much he means to me! thanks!

Calm down baby sister, nobody is referring to your doggy.

For myself, I was only talking about my aunts poodle and it was a vicious nasty little rat.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1323 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:13 PM
Ok... My doggy says he is not angry.... because he is really nice :)
But you know I've met a lot of poodles and most of them were nice... and if dogs are not nice it's usually peoples fault.
And those doggys on the videos are really cute and funny :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1324 on: April 14, 2010, 07:54:43 PM
But you know I've met a lot of poodles and most of them were nice... and if dogs are not nice it's usually peoples fault.

You speak the truth here little lady.

I post a picture of my doggy later.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1325 on: April 14, 2010, 10:47:47 PM
This is getting cruel.

This dog is like Gari the legless cat in the other thread.  
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=8621.msg411548#msg411548

Poor thing has no hindlegs. [Edit:  Except in the very first shot.  That means they removed the hindlegs and this is a before and after shoot.  The dog clearly knows it's going to lose it's hindlegs and that's why it's crying.    ... Or it has worms.]

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1326 on: April 16, 2010, 07:05:31 PM
Hmm I think maybe someone should write a piece for piano and a doggy singer :) I think it would be kinda cool :) maybe I will some day :)  :P

Oh and I also wanted to say for a long time now that I think it was really cool when we got a present for easter from pianostreet! :) And silver members could choose one gold piece :) it was really cool! well except I just couldn't decide which one for a really long time.... But it was sooo cool cause then we had to click on the easter egg and we got it!! :)  8)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1327 on: April 16, 2010, 07:50:38 PM
I did not get an Easter present from Pianostreets.

Thal :'(
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1328 on: April 16, 2010, 10:06:00 PM
Riddles, mysteries, tough nuts to crack. Almost forgetting myself over all that, lol :D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1329 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:56 PM
I did not get an Easter present from Pianostreets.

Thal :'(

*sad weiner dog above has even more to howl about now*

Hmm I think maybe someone should write a piece for piano and a doggy singer :) I think it would be kinda cool :) maybe I will some day :)  :P

Oh and I also wanted to say for a long time now that I think it was really cool when we got a present for easter from pianostreet! :) And silver members could choose one gold piece :) it was really cool! well except I just couldn't decide which one for a really long time.... But it was sooo cool cause then we had to click on the easter egg and we got it!! :)  8)

They did make something for a cat.

https://www.catcerto.com/cat_video.htm

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1330 on: April 16, 2010, 10:34:02 PM
I'm also thinking it looks like Iceland has farted on Europe.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1331 on: April 17, 2010, 05:54:14 PM
If the ash cloud is so damaging to plane engines -- since it's glass floating around -- isn't that also pretty bad for people to breathe in? I'd be more worried about my lungs than any engines.  Why aren't we hearing more about that?

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1332 on: April 17, 2010, 06:46:11 PM
If the ash cloud is so damaging to plane engines -- since it's glass floating around -- isn't that also pretty bad for people to breathe in? I'd be more worried about my lungs than any engines.  Why aren't we hearing more about that?

I understand the particles are not sufficiently small to cause lung damage.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1333 on: April 17, 2010, 07:13:57 PM

They did make something for a cat.

https://www.catcerto.com/cat_video.htm

this link doesn't wanna work but I found it anyway :) that cat is really cool! :) I think she really loves the piano! :)

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1334 on: April 18, 2010, 04:54:41 AM
Jury on Monday!! Getting nervous...   :)
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1335 on: April 18, 2010, 04:35:46 PM
He's guilty.  Problem solved.  Everyone can go home early.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1336 on: April 19, 2010, 06:28:23 PM
Limousine sales are down. 

Sucks to be a millionaire.   ::)

Offline dss62467

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1337 on: April 20, 2010, 05:53:39 PM
Whether or not that beef chimi I just had for lunch is going to give me a stomach ache or not.   ;D  It's a boring day at work.
Currently learning:
Chopin Prelude Op. 28, no. 15
Schubert Sonata in A Major, D.959: Allegretto

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1338 on: April 20, 2010, 07:49:23 PM
Nothing is on my mind. Nothing, nothing, nothing....argh. I can't do it. There's always *something* on my mind. Why can't i have just nothing on it????

Some people say it's easy. But I don't believe it, believe it or not.

Offline dss62467

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1339 on: April 20, 2010, 07:51:19 PM
Nothing is on my mind. Nothing, nothing, nothing....argh. I can't do it. There's always *something* on my mind. Why can't i have just nothing on it????

I think that it's because the moment you try to have "nothing" on your mind, you have something on your mind.   It's impossible, unless your dead.
Currently learning:
Chopin Prelude Op. 28, no. 15
Schubert Sonata in A Major, D.959: Allegretto

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1340 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:49 PM
I think that it's because the moment you try to have "nothing" on your mind, you have something on your mind.   It's impossible, unless your dead.

I think when I'm dead I have even more on my mind. As far as I know myself ;D. But probably it's not "mind" anymore. Maybe it's something different...

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1341 on: April 20, 2010, 08:07:19 PM

I've been in that state before looking out the window, and it's like a reverie where there are no cares pressing on you.  A dreamy place.  You could try some warm music and looking outside. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1342 on: April 20, 2010, 08:15:07 PM
But nothing is nothing. Not even black, just nothing. No reveries, no window, no cares, just nothing.
It doesn't drive me nuts, but it's a very difficult exercise, to me. :) One I never succeeded in...yet.. ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1343 on: April 20, 2010, 09:52:57 PM
Very interesting Wolfi. I have only ever partially achieved this when i have been to a retrogressional hypnotist.

It is so relaxing when you have next to nothing on your mind. It would be nice if death was like this.

None of lifes troubles on your mind, no worries and no Schumann.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1344 on: April 21, 2010, 04:36:20 AM
I'm not looking to empty my mind; I'm looking to to fill it with better things.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1345 on: April 21, 2010, 05:58:08 AM
But nothing is nothing. Not even black, just nothing. No reveries, no window, no cares, just nothing.
It doesn't drive me nuts, but it's a very difficult exercise, to me. :) One I never succeeded in...yet.. ;D

In order to succeed, you might need not to exist. ;D
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1346 on: April 21, 2010, 06:13:56 AM
And if you succeeded would you know you succeeded?  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1347 on: April 21, 2010, 06:31:40 PM
I think from this point onward it would be necessary to go more into ontology, and basically it depends on how you define being, existence, non existence and so on.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1348 on: April 21, 2010, 06:33:34 PM
perhaps I have never been so happy before in my life. It just takes me some courage to admit it...

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1349 on: April 21, 2010, 07:43:45 PM
I don't think I understand that about not having anything on your mind  :-\ but it just sounds really scarry to me... for some time I was even afraid to go to sleep because it just seemed soooo scarry that for so many hours I won't know anything and won't think about anything and won't remember anything  :-\ . well now I'm not afraid anymore it just bothers me sometimes that I have to sleep so much :) I mean if I sleep 8 hours I'm sleepy and tired all day  ::) I have to sleep like 9 or 10 hours!!! My friend says that people who are very intelligent need very little sleep (like 4 hours or something) ... so I guess Im just really really stupid... but I don't care!!
Maybe you could have nothing on your mind if you stopped time. or something...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert