Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: What's on your mind now?  (Read 440219 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's on your mind right now?
Reply #500 on: April 12, 2009, 12:58:27 AM
For that matter, it wouldn't be that much work to get maybe ten or so 100 ft extension cord and have a desktop computer out in a field.  Wireless internet.  It could work.

Oh, I figured it out.  The farm boy met the Italian supermodel on the internet.  That make much more sense.  Oddly enough, the Italian supermodel on the internet knew an awful lot about different types of snack food and truck driving.

Unfortunately he could have used Babelfish to send messages over the internet.  Then he wouldn't need to learn any new languages.  How easily he could have sent "Ciao! Sono un dork!"
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #501 on: April 12, 2009, 06:23:14 AM
True, quasi.  But, both of these posters have been so intolerant of others in the past, I just can't avoid a parting shot. 

Karli's a genuine "head case," posing as a feeling intellectual with the most irrational pronouncements on music that I have ever read.  No, irrational is a compliment.  She's demented and beneath amateurish.  Nothing she writes makes sense.  Opus is "da original speed freak" from a parallel universe who has irritated and driven away some of the most thoughtful pianists on this forum.

That they united in this unholy dialogue strikes me as the most absurd development here in months.  This Forum deserves them. 

>:( What the-? How dare you... What insults on K especially!! (I don't know about opus.) For one thing, how can you tell if someone is posing as a feeling intellectual or IS actually a feeling intellectual? The mere fact that she doesn't make sense tells me she is but a human with feelings and intellect. If there were NO inconsistencies, that is when I would hazard a guess that I am either listening to a robot, or a contrivance.

"Cheers," my arse.  You don't like any "humanity" except that depraved segment that finds your verbal narcissism similar to their own.

Get over yourself and stop behaving as if you're some victim.  You're a classic predator, girl, and you know it.

Verbal narcissism? Where and in what way has she been narcissistic in the forum? I do not understand. To point out flaws in my character is fine and besides, I asked for it, but this is uncalled for. It's as if you have something against her. Either that or you just delight in assuming the worst in people.

Besides, if K WAS narcissistic, then she would not have rejected me... Think about that.

This is a warning for everyone out there. Never ever insult Karli, or else deal with my wrath.

PS.
Karli:

Sorry about this. I said I'd move on, but seeing what cmg said, I can't help but worry. In spite of what people would believe about you, there's still this little chance that you were sobbing a little in your corner of the world. Well, I'm not going to let cmg or anyone insult or hurt you while I'm still here. I know I have been annoying for you, and largely a waste of time. But there's a difference between "pushing your buttons" once in a while and going out of one's way to hurt you. I hope you can see that, and find a way to forgive me.
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #502 on: April 12, 2009, 10:20:46 AM
Ah, what an interesting dialogue this has become!

As I recall, in the older days -- when "Karli" was "m1469" -- you two became embroiled in nasty, sexually tinged threads where "m1469" grew incensed at your provocative language and publicly denounced you for inappropriateness. 

And now we have such yearning, searching sallies into deeper, metaphysical explorations of one another's talents?  Fascinating and sophomoric.

Could you two give all of us break from this pseudo-cyber-seduction? 

Kindly confine your more "intimate" lives to PMs, please.   

Jealous or something? :o

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #503 on: April 12, 2009, 11:27:26 AM
Not only the forums are acting weird these days, the whole world seems to...Guess it's time to get into a distance and just observe until it's over.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #504 on: April 12, 2009, 11:36:18 AM
you know what's on my mind now?   
I have not been happy in PS.  I want to leave.  A particular member has been making me feel stupid while I was in chat room as I chat with other members, and he interupts by saying something to me about my post on emotions and interpretation.(this has occured in the past ever since  I joined PS a few weeks ago)  And it was demeaning for him to say I have no idea what is going on, in which was unnecessary for him to do.  I told him to quit bugging me.  db05 also told him to stop.  I am thinking of leaving PS, yes, that is what's on my mind now............And I know, very well, some members here will think, oh, it's only the Internet and deal with it!   Well, if you were me, then you may understand and know how I feel.
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #505 on: April 12, 2009, 11:56:57 AM
My anger from a while ago just disappeared. I'm numb again. Peace.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #506 on: April 12, 2009, 12:03:25 PM
This is a warning for everyone out there. Never ever insult Karli, or else deal with my wrath.

Well, she has got 2 protecting her now.

A cuckoo clock builder and a closet lesbian.

God help us.

Oh no she can't. Just got banned again?

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #507 on: April 12, 2009, 12:05:27 PM
you know what's on my mind now?   
I have not been happy in PS.  I want to leave.  A particular member has been making me feel stupid while I was in chat room as I chat with other members, and he interupts by saying something to me about my post on emotions and interpretation.(this has occured in the past ever since  I joined PS a few weeks ago)  And it was demeaning for him to say I have no idea what is going on, in which was unnecessary for him to do.  I told him to quit bugging me.  db05 also told him to stop.  I am thinking of leaving PS, yes, that is what's on my mind now............And I know, very well, some members here will think, oh, it's only the Internet and deal with it!   Well, if you were me, then you may understand and know how I feel.

It's not worth to leave ps just because of one single member. But sure, sometimes in the chat there occur strange things, that's why I never go there. I used to in the past though but haven't been in there for more than a year.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #508 on: April 12, 2009, 12:19:54 PM
Wolfi is correct.

Whoever it is ain't worth leaving over.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #509 on: April 12, 2009, 12:31:34 PM

Well, first I don't think K is somebody who is in need to be "protected" and secondly I don't think that if she was in such need it would be possible to do this over the internet. All I can say, that I have got to know her as a very thoughtful, honest and interesting musician and poster here, and as a good friend as far as friendship is possible over the internet. As she admitted herself, she is sometimes "not easy to handle" but that doesn't give others the right to accuse her of all these plain weird things she has been accused of here in this thread and elsewhere.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #510 on: April 12, 2009, 12:49:19 PM
Wolfi is correct.

Whoever it is ain't worth leaving over.

Thal

thanks thal and wolfi,  I'll just keep that in mind.....  ;D  see, I am happy already!

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #511 on: April 12, 2009, 12:50:36 PM

I'm no closet lesbian. I'm bi.  ;)

Oh and, sir wolfi is right, K doesn't need protecting. My anger just got over the top for a while. It's all right now.

thanks thal and wolfi,  I'll just keep that in mind.....  ;D  see, I am happy already!

I doubt it, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #512 on: April 12, 2009, 02:32:52 PM
I'm no closet lesbian. I'm bi.  ;)

Me too.

I now have both men and women telling me to get lost.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #513 on: April 12, 2009, 05:08:00 PM

God help us.

Oh no she can't. Just got banned again?

Thal

K. got banned?  (Again?)  Or Pianistimo?  I thought Pianistimo would be busy with Easter. 

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #514 on: April 12, 2009, 05:16:01 PM
I thought Pianistimo would be busy with Easter. 

Indeed, she and her family are re enacting the crucifixion.

The last i heard was that her husband went next door to borrow a hammer.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #515 on: April 12, 2009, 05:20:23 PM
Indeed, she and her family are re enacting the crucifixion.

She'd be cross to hear you write like that...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #516 on: April 12, 2009, 07:36:33 PM
Haha.  Can you hear someone writing?  Or hear someone typing?

(Bob refrains from a joke at Pianistimo's expense. :P)

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #517 on: April 13, 2009, 12:43:05 AM
Me too.

Thal

Awww. Well I like you.  :-*

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #518 on: April 13, 2009, 12:50:47 PM
Me too.

Not guilty, Sir Thal; even then, why not consider the possibility that some of them, in so doing, are recommending that you purchase a copy of Richard Barrett's piano piece of that title? (of which, incidentally, I heard a very good live performance by Sarah Nicolls a while ago).

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #519 on: April 13, 2009, 04:23:09 PM
A dancing jelly bean that has google eyes and is rainbow colored and hes dancing to Brams' surprise symphony and giggling at everything and acting like a nut. He also is drinking tomato juice with his freinds thats mixed with cranberyy juice and orange and apple juice and hes wearing high heals
All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #520 on: April 13, 2009, 05:06:36 PM
My mind is on what is going to happen next.......???? ::)

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #521 on: April 13, 2009, 07:16:09 PM
lol
All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #522 on: April 14, 2009, 03:09:41 PM
Piano exam this Sunday... The math last semester test tomorrow... My RP in Silvery Twilight... How to say sorry to Cai... Should I tell tds about my exam...
when dignity, love, and joy meet...

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #523 on: April 14, 2009, 04:14:00 PM
having a good day and  good piano students..... :)

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #524 on: April 14, 2009, 04:42:57 PM
My muse.
Taking the exams later, unprepared.
A video game.
Copeland - You are My Sunshine.
nothing else...

Edit: wow this CD is so much better than I expected!  :o
I can't sleep...  :P

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #525 on: April 14, 2009, 06:18:35 PM
My muse.
Taking the exams later, unprepared.
A video game.
Copeland - You are My Sunshine.
nothing else...

Edit: wow this CD is so much better than I expected!  :o
I can't sleep...  :P

oh i know that song...the u r my sunshiuine  it goes like...u r my sunshine...my onlee sunshine...u make me happee...when times are blu...u never now deer...how much I luv u...so plz dont take...my sunshine aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!! yyyeeeeaaahhhh!!!! wwwwhhhooohhhoooo!!!!!

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #526 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:23 PM
oh i know that song...the u r my sunshiuine  it goes like...u r my sunshine...my onlee sunshine...u make me happee...when times are blu...u never now deer...how much I luv u...so plz dont take...my sunshine aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!! yyyeeeeaaahhhh!!!! wwwwhhhooohhhoooo!!!!!

I hope, Abbey, that your singing is real good,  because your spelling needs to be corrected , like "deer"  which should be "dear"   ;)

Offline ahbach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #527 on: April 14, 2009, 09:36:42 PM
What's on my mind right now, hmmmmm... I'm wondering how I will do on  :-\my dreaded ACT test's this Fall I don't want to take them!!! but alas I must face my fate anyone have any tips for the stress of it all??? :-\

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #528 on: April 14, 2009, 11:59:28 PM

I was listening to the CD, not the song with that title.  ;)

Offline arensky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #529 on: April 15, 2009, 02:55:04 AM
Not only the forums are acting weird these days, the whole world seems to...Guess it's time to get into a distance and just observe until it's over.

I've noticed this universal weirdness too, but I'm enjoying it a bit. But I'm ready to duck if I need too.  :o
=  o        o  =
   \     '      /   

"One never knows about another one, do one?" Fats Waller

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #530 on: April 15, 2009, 06:32:35 AM
What's on my mind right now, hmmmmm... I'm wondering how I will do on  :-\my dreaded ACT test's this Fall I don't want to take them!!! but alas I must face my fate anyone have any tips for the stress of it all??? :-\

Are you a high school junior too? I wouldn't worry about the ACT's; according to everyone I've spoken to, they're much more straightforward than the SAT's and people tend to do well. I would take them myself, but I already have a decent SAT score and I'm too lazy :P. One good way to avoid stress is to not procrastinate and finish a lab set at 2:30 AM (as I am doing now). Work hard but make sure you reward yourself... etc.
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #531 on: April 15, 2009, 02:56:36 PM
I hope, Abbey, that your singing is real good,  because your spelling needs to be corrected , like "deer"  which should be "dear"   ;)

I did that onn purpose!!!!! lol

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #532 on: April 15, 2009, 04:11:03 PM

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #533 on: April 15, 2009, 05:00:15 PM
Yes, i know what you mean ::)
Curator/Director

Offline morningstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #534 on: April 16, 2009, 02:22:53 AM
Suzumushi crickets chirping.

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #535 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:05 AM
Test.. test.. test...  :'( Biology, Physics, and English test tomorrow...

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #536 on: April 16, 2009, 04:45:14 AM
Traveling the circle of fifths in any mode.   :'( :-*

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #537 on: April 16, 2009, 04:47:06 AM
For that matter, it wouldn't be that much work to get maybe ten or so 100 ft extension cord and have a desktop computer out in a field.  Wireless internet.  It could work.

Bob, that is a funny image ... hee hee.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #538 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:35 AM
Just wondering about some things......  ???

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #539 on: April 17, 2009, 06:29:14 PM
I was gone for only 3 days, and now I come back and ps seems to be even more crazy. Now we have not only a super lucylucy (sophie love, why not sophiesophielovelove ::) ) but also a superduper machine op 10,2 phd doctor professor guy.
Oh well ::) crazier things happened in history ::)

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #540 on: April 17, 2009, 08:02:48 PM
I was gone for only 3 days, and now I come back and ps seems to be even more crazy. Now we have not only a super lucylucy (sophie love, why not sophiesophielovelove ::) ) but also a superduper machine op 10,2 phd doctor professor guy.
Oh well ::) crazier things happened in history ::)

Indeed, I agree with you.....and that is what is on my mind too, pianowolfi. 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #541 on: April 17, 2009, 10:28:49 PM
I'm wondering about my future now.

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #542 on: April 17, 2009, 10:43:24 PM
Wondering who or what bernhard is, and if I could meet him someday.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #543 on: April 17, 2009, 10:45:45 PM
I wonder why there are always changes in people, even the ones
you know now.....   ???

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #544 on: April 18, 2009, 01:38:46 AM
I'm wondering what cai is doing now?

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline ahbach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #545 on: April 18, 2009, 06:50:40 PM
Are you a high school junior too? I wouldn't worry about the ACT's; according to everyone I've spoken to, they're much more straightforward than the SAT's and people tend to do well. I would take them myself, but I already have a decent SAT score and I'm too lazy :P. One good way to avoid stress is to not procrastinate and finish a lab set at 2:30 AM (as I am doing now). Work hard but make sure you reward yourself... etc.

Thanks for the tips!!! I have read sooo much about  this test.. :-X... ugh..... I should be very knowleagble about the whole thing by now 8) and everyone does say that it is easier than the SAT's. My cousin loaned me like three books plus I wont be taking them for a while so I should be ok, I just tend to freak out over tests like this! :D

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #546 on: April 18, 2009, 07:16:10 PM
Happy thoughts of Spring time and working in my garden, getting into the dirt and being outside.  I love the outdoors!   :)

best wishes,

go12_3

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #547 on: April 18, 2009, 09:16:48 PM
I am also contemplating the garden situation.  I have had huge plans in the past, but since doggy dug up all the sprinklers, part of planting a garden would mean getting those put back together ... and that sounds ... difficult !  There are also loads of weeds since we haven't planted there for a couple of years.  But, there are *so* many things I want to grow ... *day dreams* ... and today is gorgeous.  But, mainly, I am practicing my head off ... hee hee.

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #548 on: April 18, 2009, 09:52:37 PM
I am also contemplating the garden situation.  I have had huge plans in the past, but since doggy dug up all the sprinklers, part of planting a garden would mean getting those put back together ... and that sounds ... difficult !  There are also loads of weeds since we haven't planted there for a couple of years.  But, there are *so* many things I want to grow ... *day dreams* ... and today is gorgeous.  But, mainly, I am practicing my head off ... hee hee.

Mostly what I grow are perennials so I won't have to plant each year except for the annuals, like pansies, geraniums, and so forth.  Just do some landscaping with some rocks and ground cover, depending upon the sun location, along with some flowers.  Just take an 1/2 hour each day to get the weeds out, and before you know it, they will be all gone.
And it's great to daydream about a nice garden, Karli, I do it every year in the Spring.   :)

best wishes,

go12_3

Offline m19834

• PS Silver Member
Reply #549 on: April 18, 2009, 10:03:40 PM
Yeah, I like general landscaping, and my mom and brother are actually quite good at it, having done professional work even, and then my folks have moved a lot and needed to plant yards from scratch almost every time.  So, I have seen what my mom and brother do, which seriously looks like parks, and I just think ... heh  :-X ... about my yards.  What I would love to grow is a vegetable garden, I just *love* to do that, and then I would like to plant berry bushes, fruit trees, pumpkins and stuff around the yard as part of the landscaping.  I suppose half an hour a day of weeding sounds doable, so long as I can find my gloves !
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert