Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Last post wins!!!!!  (Read 1109414 times)

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Re: Last post wins!!!!!
Reply #11400 on: November 11, 2020, 12:01:36 AM
That sounds so much like a euphemism... so I'm going to say...

[size=108pt]...NO!!![/size]

Well that's just wrong.

For it is written, that "When you listen to stereo speakers, you always hear both channels with your two ears," in the epistle of Balaam to Sanford the Younger, Chapter I, Verse 23.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11401 on: November 11, 2020, 02:01:09 AM
Should have renamed this thread "schizophrenia ramblings". ;D
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11402 on: November 11, 2020, 02:40:35 AM
Should have renamed this thread "schizophrenia ramblings". ;D

Hi, I have not been a piano much very but am a prodigy who is interested to very much playing the Ab song from Bach's wonderful Well-Tempered Clavier Book 2.

What, in your opinion, are the, as you admit, very much difficult, like a song, various qualities as to how much I should learn.

Should I learn the tempo first, and then the notes fast together?
Which of the records are the most noteworthy?
Master players who know how, can you please link me to your records?
How did I know if I play it right?
What if teacher does not approve and makes me do a different?

My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11403 on: November 11, 2020, 04:12:38 AM
....am a prodigy .....
WOW!!!

....how much I should learn.
Stop learning and become learning.

Should I learn the tempo first, and then the notes fast together?
Play fast and slow at the same time simultaneously.

Which of the records are the most noteworthy?
Your own of course there is no better.

Master players who know how, can you please link me to your records?
You need to buy some more mirrors!!!

How did I know if I play it right?
Simply ask yourself.

What if teacher does not approve and makes me do a different?
You tell them to go back to lessons with you so they can learn to teach correctly.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHrg!
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11404 on: November 11, 2020, 05:04:11 AM
WOW!!!
Stop learning and become learning.
Play fast and slow at the same time simultaneously.
Your own of course there is no better.
You need to buy some more mirrors!!!
Simply ask yourself.
You tell them to go back to lessons with you so they can learn to teach correctly.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHrg!

Yes, but I am also a prodigy because of how my teacher said it was good, and so I want to know how it is that I can play even better and also start to do concerts.

Is it bad to do concerts if you're a prodigy, even if your teacher says it's OK?

And if it's OK, which pieces should I perform out of Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Liszt and others?

I know this question has been asked a lot, sorry, but I just want to know because my teacher says it's OK.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11405 on: November 11, 2020, 05:26:37 AM
You need to ditch your teacher and start self learning. Study during concerts as you will get it done in public much better and get paid!
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11406 on: November 11, 2020, 05:38:08 AM
You need to ditch your teacher and start self learning. Study during concerts as you will get it done in public much better and get paid!

Yes but since I already am playing grade 10+, should I start teaching my lessons now, or make more money as a concert pianist?

Also, can I make a concert even though I don't like Bach and others than romantic pieces on the piano such as classical and singing music?

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11407 on: November 11, 2020, 06:03:25 AM
Yes but since I already am playing grade 10+, should I start teaching my lessons now, or make more money as a concert pianist?
Don't bother about money just start a gofundme and people will pay you so you can push the limits of what is possible on the piano. Grade 10?! BAH!!! You soon will be beyond grade levels and create your own whole level which only you and a few other prodigies and maybe some savants will be able to manage leaving every other lesser mortal utterly amazed! It will also sound so good that it will intoxicate a large volume of people who will try to play it but will never achieve it. Once that occurs then you may start your teaching business and offer false hope for those pathetic creatures! Think billions of $!!

Also, can I make a concert even though I don't like Bach and others than romantic pieces on the piano such as classical and singing music?
You are thinking far too small for a prodigy, you need to ensure that you can change the national anthem of all countries to something you have composed. It will not be difficult to encourage them since your skills are beyond belief! You need to embrace songs, pieces are a dying fashion.
www.pianovision.com

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11408 on: November 11, 2020, 06:11:56 AM
You are thinking far too small for a prodigy, you need to ensure that you can change the national anthem of all countries to something you have composed.

But I am having difficulty because to be teaching can one hold the certificate and also perform as a concert pianist at the same time?

Also, how do I get students?  And also about how bad my rhythm and ear training is.  I think there is an app for that but I have not seemed to find that midiator is good for my needs.

And should I learn baroque and classical before my giving concerts?  I'm already grade 10+ playing romantic repertoire, including Alkan and Chopin and others of the romantic composers, so I am not afraid but I have only ten challenge on my finger every day.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11409 on: November 11, 2020, 02:03:32 PM
You work for 12 hours, and you come back to this...

This place really falls apart without me.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11410 on: November 11, 2020, 10:16:58 PM
This place really falls apart without me.

Does it?

You really have trouble relating to the younger generation, don't you J_Tour?

Sure.  They're a great bunch of ambitious little clusters of soil.  Truly, the greatest generation.  Gen X has much to learn from them. 

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11411 on: November 12, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11412 on: November 13, 2020, 12:25:26 AM
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11413 on: November 13, 2020, 01:17:12 AM
::)

Bob, you're kind of a funny guy, aren't you?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11414 on: November 13, 2020, 10:08:30 AM

And what's that meant to be? A shocking reminder of how bad 1970's hairstyles were?

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11415 on: November 13, 2020, 10:53:35 PM
And what's that meant to be? A shocking reminder of how bad 1970's hairstyles were?

I'm going with a cult leader of Nordic extraction.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11416 on: November 13, 2020, 11:19:51 PM
I'm going with a cult leader of Nordic extraction.

Meh - I don't think so. Cult leaders are usually suave, elegant looking people...

He looks like someone with a mild ice addiction.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11417 on: November 14, 2020, 12:13:03 AM
You need to become enlightening.   ::)

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/yes-chad

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11418 on: November 14, 2020, 12:33:28 AM
Cult leaders are usually suave, elegant looking people...

Hey!

He looks like someone with a mild ice addiction.

That could be.

But observe what appears to be a caftan or a monk's cowl worn by the specimen.

That's definitely the thing to wear when performing ritual human sacrifice.

I've heard.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11419 on: November 14, 2020, 03:54:32 AM

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11420 on: November 15, 2020, 12:03:55 AM
I got lost looking for a reply, but I ended up here.   ::)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11421 on: November 15, 2020, 12:42:59 AM
You just reply like this and everyone before you simply loses! Easy.
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11422 on: November 15, 2020, 02:50:29 AM
You forget that I am the only one who has a post timestamped billions of years into the future.

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=51107.msg593529#msg593529

You all lose in the long run. I AM... the inevitable winner. No matter how many times you re-post, you ALL KNOW that it can't beat my post. Even when this thread is locked, there will be evidence with my post being timestamped 2,000,000,000 years into the future.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11423 on: November 16, 2020, 02:24:26 AM
I just checked with my teacher who is doctor of music having played a bunch and she says it is OK that I win but for your own information which of Chopin and Rachmaninoff should I play first and also do I need to do baroque and classical as well even though only romantic is for me doing 8+ level at Chopin and which Rachmaninoff should I start with because of how I asked who won the thread to my teacher and she said me and so which is better for giving first professional concert?

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11424 on: November 16, 2020, 08:17:54 AM

[ img]ht tps://i2. wp.com/media.tenor.co/images/cbad3497e21fb9e9dcec8fcd97044b16/tenor.gif[/im g]

Why did you take a picture without my permission of my personal companion which is also holding a cup of coffee?

I don't like the classical music but do you think I can still play a concert just playing Chopin? 

Or do I have to learn classical and baroque first?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11425 on: November 16, 2020, 11:03:05 PM
I just checked with my teacher who is doctor of music having played a bunch and she says it is OK that I win but for your own information which of Chopin and Rachmaninoff should I play first and also do I need to do baroque and classical as well even though only romantic is for me doing 8+ level at Chopin and which Rachmaninoff should I start with because of how I asked who won the thread to my teacher and she said me and so which is better for giving first professional concert?

I don't even know what that's supposed to say. If your teacher told you, you should win then you can't trust her seeing as you're paying her. She'll say anything as long as you cough up the cash.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11426 on: November 16, 2020, 11:54:26 PM
I don't even know what that's supposed to say. If your teacher told you, you should win then you can't trust her seeing as you're paying her. She'll say anything as long as you cough up the cash.

But I also said that since I playing concert should make only romantic or also do they make me do classical and baroque?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11427 on: November 17, 2020, 08:33:42 AM
But I also said that since I playing concert should make only romantic or also do they make me do classical and baroque?

I don't usually post Cat pictures, but for once you deserve it.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11428 on: November 17, 2020, 11:22:45 PM

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11429 on: November 18, 2020, 03:00:01 AM
Some folks call it a sling blade, but I call it a kaiser blade.  Mmmm hmmm.

Sure do like them french fried pertotoes.

Mmmm.  Bob!  You're a chef nonpareil!  It's what's for dinner!

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11430 on: November 18, 2020, 05:10:31 AM
It is vital for  buy email database companies to identify how many times an individual needs to market before conducting a campaign or getting feedback.

My corporation leader or director asks me to have played a baroque and a classical, but even though I am grade ten to be playing Chopin and Rachmaninoff, do have please have suggestion that if Chopin or Rachmaninoff also wrote baroque and classical so that I can play for concerts as well as teaching piano, since I am at grade two but can play all of advanced romantic songs on piano.

Also, I have heard that playing the Schumann is not as much romantic as Chopin and Alkan, but should I play on his musics as well so that I can make a good score having during my concerts?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11431 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:55 AM
Yeah.   ::)   *Bob has no idea what direction the thread is going in now.*

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11432 on: November 18, 2020, 11:57:32 AM
We are twirling, twirling towards freedom!

www.pianovision.com

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11433 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:11 PM
Which musician are you?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11434 on: November 19, 2020, 01:48:22 PM

Compline, you are WAY out of your league here. Leave this to the big boys.

Which is me, and only me. I let J_Tour win from time to time so he isn't completely crushed in defeat.

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11435 on: November 19, 2020, 03:35:10 PM

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11436 on: November 19, 2020, 03:41:27 PM

Not sure if this image is showing up properly . So I posted it once  more.  Which musician are you?

Don't worry, P-P,  I am not afraid of big boys, they are usually all mouth and no action? 
 You may only boast if you are a surgeon or a consultant, those are they kind of 'big boys', I am used to working along side.   

:D.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11437 on: November 19, 2020, 07:39:32 PM
J_Tour win from time to time so he isn't completely crushed in defeat.

Wesley Willis, noted lyricist, doesn't get crushed:  he does the crushing.

Just like his mentor, Fats Waller.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11438 on: November 20, 2020, 05:34:03 AM
You may only boast if you are a consultant

Good to know... I feel more than fully qualified then. Almost over-qualified to be really honest.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11439 on: November 20, 2020, 09:54:58 AM
Good to know... I feel more than fully qualified then. Almost over-qualified to be really honest.

I'd agree:  I bet you're excellent at crafting mines with pokemons.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11440 on: November 20, 2020, 11:18:51 PM
I'd agree:  I bet you're excellent at crafting mines with pokemons.

The PLURAL of Pokemon is Pokemon... JEEZ, get it right.

And it's actually spelt Pokémon.

That's just disappointing J_Tour, hang your head in shame.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11441 on: November 21, 2020, 02:40:08 AM
That's just disappointing J_Tour, hang your head in shame.

When I'm wearing kimono, the robe is always open.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11442 on: November 21, 2020, 06:02:21 AM
I said hang your head...

Not hang your (erm... for lack of a more polite word on the forum) dingle.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11443 on: November 21, 2020, 07:00:08 AM
Not hang your (erm... for lack of a more polite word on the forum) dingle.

Stop gender-biasing me!

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11444 on: November 21, 2020, 03:21:07 PM
I'm not gender-biasing you...

I'm gender-assuming you... there's a difference.

I have ignorance on my side, not condemnation.

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11445 on: November 21, 2020, 10:02:33 PM
I have ignorance on my side.

Just like Wesley Willis!

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11446 on: November 22, 2020, 03:23:07 AM

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11447 on: November 22, 2020, 04:56:21 AM

A fresh corpse!

You always give the best gifts!

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11448 on: November 22, 2020, 06:26:59 AM
Now gentlemen, have some forum decorum! 

Men nowadays don't raise their hats to ladies in respect, but just raise their eyebrows  with a lusty leer!

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11449 on: November 22, 2020, 01:47:15 PM
A fresh corpse!

You always give the best gifts!

It's only fresh if you kill it first.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert