Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Last post wins!!!!!  (Read 1092449 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Last post wins!!!!!
Reply #10450 on: April 16, 2020, 05:48:43 AM
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10451 on: April 16, 2020, 07:02:13 AM
I bet you that little guy woke up one day and thought...

'Finally, I've managed to get this thing working properly. Time for my escape'.

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10452 on: April 16, 2020, 07:02:56 AM
Didn't we already settle the batman thing?

But did you notice the study that batmen do not get the corona disease? So it can only whup your arse...

I had the COVID, you weak-kneed little ballerina!  I was in bed for a week with fever, dry cough, and general malaise.  It might have been a rhinovirus or another coronavirus, but I'm immune!  Well, maybe. 

I had some cool feverish hallucinations, though, so that was...sort of neat,..in a not really neat way.

Quote from: perfect_pitch
I don't know any head of State's who are on YouTube?

Lady Elaine Fairchild?  I don't know.

Also, as a point of fact, p_p, I'm not too sure gerbils do a whole lot of thinking over the course of their lives. Otherwie why would they insist upon spending their time up my ass, and also like their older cousins, the guinea pigs, being so delicious? 

Yeah, riddle me that.

I am far from done with whupping batman's ass.

And now I have animal helpers.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10453 on: April 16, 2020, 11:40:15 AM
Otherwie why would they insist upon spending their time up my ass

You and Richard Gere are pen-pals, aren't you? 

;D

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10454 on: April 16, 2020, 02:51:56 PM

And now I have animal herpes.

Fixed that typo...
Luckily I only have the usual one right now...

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10455 on: April 16, 2020, 03:33:40 PM
And now I have animal herpes.

I don't know what... to... I mean...

There are no words... none.

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10456 on: April 16, 2020, 05:17:47 PM
You and Richard Gere are pen-pals, aren't you? 

;D

Oh, we're well beyond that.

He helps me in everything I do.
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10457 on: April 17, 2020, 01:26:42 AM

And what that entails, I DON'T want to know.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10458 on: April 17, 2020, 03:14:18 AM

Like the weird guy? How many people do you see following you around exactly?

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10459 on: April 17, 2020, 04:34:35 AM
Like the weird guy? How many people do you see following you around exactly?

I'm sure there are many people following him around...

The FBI, CIA, Scientologists, men in long white lab coats, the Illuminati...

I could go on.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10460 on: April 17, 2020, 07:21:40 PM
*Bob brings in an echidna to push people aside for an easy win.*  8)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10461 on: April 18, 2020, 12:28:03 AM
Sorry, but if you want cute... that guy is ugly as sin.

This guy...

...wins.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10462 on: April 18, 2020, 07:01:59 AM
Pathetic. Mammals are so boring...

But if you insist...

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10463 on: April 18, 2020, 03:00:39 PM

You LITERALLY just wrote...

Mammals are so boring...

So why post a picture of them? Spiders are boring. They're ugly and revolting and they leave a mess everywhere with their bloody webs. And I swear, if I ever see another large spider sitting above the toilet bowl when I'm relieving my bowels...

I will burn the mother-*** house down and declare war against them. I already have a flame-thrower, ready to use.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10464 on: April 18, 2020, 05:05:19 PM
Spiders are boring. They're ugly and revolting and they leave a mess everywhere with their bloody webs.
I have to say I have never seen one IRL...

And I swear, if I ever see another large spider sitting above the toilet bowl when I'm relieving my bowels...

I will burn the mother-*** house down and declare war against them. I already have a flame-thrower, ready to use.

Boy, you really are estranged from nature...

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10465 on: April 18, 2020, 09:03:51 PM
Oh you people.  Always talking about animals and mammals and Richard Gere and John Wayne and stuff.

Ridiculous.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10466 on: April 18, 2020, 11:33:30 PM

Really it's because it's "something I didn't watch" and that was the first pic that came up.  The rest were Apple watches.  ::)

edit:   Darnit...
https://secureimg.stitcher.com/feedimagesplain328/454693.jpg

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10467 on: April 19, 2020, 12:13:53 AM

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10468 on: April 19, 2020, 01:12:14 AM

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10469 on: April 19, 2020, 02:56:56 AM
Who???

How should I know?  On my best days I'm an idiot.

Here, have one on me.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10470 on: April 19, 2020, 04:13:49 AM
How should I know?  On my best days I'm an idiot.

Here, have one on me.

Why on earth would anyone want to watch a YT video of some blond guy talking about the music of TM when you could spend that few minutes of your life actually listening to Monk's playing???

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10471 on: April 19, 2020, 04:41:17 AM
Give me Mozart anyday of the week over Monk.

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10472 on: April 19, 2020, 05:07:25 AM
Give me Mozart anyday of the week over Monk.

All right.  You and outin just made my list.

That's right you crazy fools.

And, yes, outin, it's supposed to be a joke, the video.  The organist and keyboard player Larry Goldings put on that verkakte wig and did those videos as a spoof.  IOW it's a joke, man.  He's a pretty good jazz organist.  Not one of my idols or anything, but he's OK as a player, and a pretty nice guy IIRC from when he was up at Augie's near Columbia on the upper West side, playing that old Korg CX-3.  I might be mistaken, but I make a lot of mistakes.

And, yes, if I could figure out a way to arrange the second aria of the queen of the night from Mozart, I'd probably prefer to play that too.

The only way I can think of that is to cover the harmony and rhythm on acoustic piano with LH, and liberal amounts of sost. pedal, and do the vocals in RH on the Hammond organ.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10473 on: April 19, 2020, 05:25:28 AM
All right.  You and outin just made my list.

I'm already on Santa's 'naughty' list... I don't think I'll care being on yours either.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10474 on: April 19, 2020, 05:26:17 AM
Sorry, j_foul, I did not watch the video because 99% of YT videos where people talk about music are BS.

And I absolutely CANNOT STAND MOZART!

His music I mean...the guy probably wasn't that bad...I could have had a few beers with him.

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10475 on: April 19, 2020, 05:28:52 AM
I'm already on Santa's 'naughty' list... I don't think I'll care being on yours either.

Well, it's too late!  I already made my list!  I never change my mind, ever!

Also, Père Noël is not real!  Nor the Easter Bunny or whatever.

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10476 on: April 19, 2020, 05:31:52 AM
Sorry, j_foul, I did not watch the video because 99% of YT videos where people talk about music are BS.

And I absolutely CANNOT STAND MOZART!

His music I mean...the guy probably wasn't that bad...I could have had a few beers with him.

what? 

Who doesn't like Mozart?

OMFG.

I mean, yeah, he wasn't always the best, but really?

I'd never even heard of anybody who didn't enjoy listening to or playing at least some of Mozart.

All right, buddy.  Now you're on my new revised list!

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10477 on: April 19, 2020, 05:56:59 AM

what? 

Who doesn't like Mozart?

OMFG.

I mean, yeah, he wasn't always the best, but really?

I'd never even heard of anybody who didn't enjoy listening to or playing at least some of Mozart.

All right, buddy.  Now you're on my new revised list!

Well, you have heard of me now, have you?
And I am serious. I just don't get how anyone would voluntarily listen to his music...Classisism is generally boring, but Mozart's is annoying as h*ll. In fact my h*ll would probably be filled with that stuff.
But then again, it seems there's something wrong with 99,9999999% of mankind...so I guess there's nothing to wonder really...

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10478 on: April 19, 2020, 06:00:23 AM
Well, you have heard of me now, have you?
And I am serious. I just don't get how anyone would voluntarily listen to his music...Classisism is generally boring, but Mozart's is annoying as h*ll. In fact my h*ll would probably be filled with that stuff.
But then again, it seems there's something wrong with 99,9999999% of mankind...so I guess there's nothing to wonder really...

Well, de gustibus, to each his or her own.

For me, I love his mature opera and many of his piano concerti.  I could do without many of his piano sonatas, but to each his or her own. 

And you're probably right:  he would have been a fun guy to hoist a beer with in Wien.  I don't know very much about his personal life, though.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10479 on: April 19, 2020, 06:05:03 AM
But hey, this guy is also called Mozart. I like him :)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10480 on: April 19, 2020, 06:11:34 AM
That is the reason we invented flame-throwers.

Imagine one of them sitting above you when you're... at your most vulnerable.

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10481 on: April 19, 2020, 06:17:18 AM
That is the reason we invented flame-throwers.

Imagine one of them sitting above you when you're... at your most vulnerable.

Well, since you asked.

I must start eating better.  I've had exactly three movements of the lower bowel in the past ten days.

It is not good. 

I think the obstruction started when I had the brilliant idea to start drinking White Russians instead of my usual bourbon and beer.

I think I might be retarded or something. 

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10482 on: April 19, 2020, 06:26:01 AM

I think I might be retarded or something.

Sometimes we do get a sudden moment of enlightenment!

But it is now suspected by scientists that our bowels have a great impact on our brain function...
My bowels have always worked well...in fact I need to go right now. And if I happen to meet a cute spider while at it, I will just have a little chat with him/her...little because it won't take me long to finish my business :)

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10483 on: April 19, 2020, 06:36:12 AM
Sometimes we do get a sudden moment of enlightenment!

But it is now suspected by scientists that our bowels have a great impact on our brain function...
My bowels have always worked well...in fact I need to go right now. And if I happen to meet a cute spider while at it, I will just have a little chat with him/her...little because it won't take me long to finish my business :)

Well congratulations on your smooth moves.

We aren't all so lucky, papa! 

I'd welcome with open arms if I saw a spider crawling out of the throne if it meant I'd get a decent sh*t.

TBH, yes, I think the average secretions by the endocrine and renal and general digestion system in humans is about two or more liters quod diem.  It's a surprising amount, but humans are surprising creatures.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10484 on: April 19, 2020, 06:42:48 AM
Well congratulations on your smooth moves.

We aren't all so lucky, papa! 

I'd welcome with open arms if I saw a spider crawling out of the throne if it meant I'd get a decent sh*t.

TBH, yes, I think the average secretions by the endocrine and renal and general digestion system in humans is about two or more liters quod diem.  It's a surprising amount, but humans are surprising creatures.

Well, it's not all about luck. Ever heard of fibers?
When I look at what people eat these days I am not surprised they have time to meet MANY spiders during their sessions.

Back to music, did I mention I hate opera too? Singing is fun, I admit it, but I can barely name one classical singer I can bare to listen to...

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10485 on: April 19, 2020, 06:53:21 AM
Well, it's not all about luck. Ever heard of fibers?
When I look at what people eat these days I am not surprised they have time to meet MANY spiders during their sessions.

Back to music, did I mention I hate opera too? Singing is fun, I admit it, but I can barely name one classical singer I can bare to listen to...

OMFG you're a regular philistine! 

Who doesn't study Wagner or Berg? 

I mean, it comes down to personal taste, I guess.  I don't spend my time listening to Richard Strauss, but, well, whatever I guess.

And, yes, I'm a pretty good cook and I know all about macronutrients, but I'm also a bachelor and extremely lazy.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10486 on: April 19, 2020, 07:12:28 AM
OMFG you're a regular philistine! 

Who doesn't study Wagner or Berg? 

I mean, it comes down to personal taste, I guess.  I don't spend my time listening to Richard Strauss, but, well, whatever I guess.

And, yes, I'm a pretty good cook and I know all about macronutrients, but I'm also a bachelor and extremely lazy.

I guess you are right. I simply do not care for people. They are at best ok and useful as some sort of entertainment or work force but at their worst annoying and a nuisance.

I live alone too, hate cooking and am incredibly lazy..but it only takes a few things:
- Avoid red meat (and why not, it does not even taste good)
- Avoid white flour...it just kills your bowel. Unfortunately this does mean most delicious bakery stuff should be limited from daily use...as well as pizza :( On the other hand white bread is tasteless compared to what we finns are used to eating :)

- Instead of white rice, pasta or whatever use whole grain. Once used to it the white ones seem like nothing to eat.
- Try to add some real vegetables to the food every now and then.
- Chili and good coffee never hurt, but coffee must be dark roasted if you are prone to heart burn :)

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10487 on: April 19, 2020, 08:14:55 AM
 ;)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10488 on: April 19, 2020, 03:01:33 PM
And if I happen to meet a cute spider while at it, I will just have a little chat with him/her...

You do realise... spiders don't talk??? That's just the hashish you've been consuming that's making them appear to talk.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10489 on: April 19, 2020, 08:05:02 PM
You do realise... spiders don't talk??? That's just the hashish you've been consuming that's making them appear to talk.

Of course they do! They just don't want to speak to a wannabe rambo with an addiction to flame throwers...

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10490 on: April 20, 2020, 01:42:49 AM
I prefer to talk to humans instead of spiders...

You know... like normal people do.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10491 on: April 20, 2020, 03:50:22 AM
I prefer to talk to humans instead of spiders...

You know... like normal people do.

Normality is so overrated...as well as people...

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10492 on: April 20, 2020, 04:44:38 AM
Normality is so overrated...

Only by crazy people.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10493 on: April 20, 2020, 04:54:33 AM
Only by crazy people.

You just don't know what you are missing...

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10494 on: April 20, 2020, 09:44:52 AM
There is no 'Right' crazy... just varying degrees of bat-sh*t loony.

You might like this song Outin, enjoy.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10495 on: April 20, 2020, 05:13:55 PM
There is no 'Right' crazy... just varying degrees of bat-sh*t loony.

You might like this song Outin, enjoy.

It's a nice song, sure...and so last decade...

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10496 on: April 21, 2020, 01:47:45 AM
I'm sorry - let's find one that's from this decade...

There you go - nothing but grinding axe noises and techno-trash. Feel better???

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10497 on: April 21, 2020, 03:40:50 AM
I'm sorry - let's find one that's from this decade...

There you go - nothing but grinding axe noises and techno-trash. Feel better???

Sorry, had to stop the video at the beginning...the noises from children were too much for me...

Online j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10498 on: April 21, 2020, 04:17:57 AM
It's a nice song, sure...and so last decade...

ZOMG.

I think you people are going to give me a coronary.

Yeah, I know my uncle hasn't left his apartment in a month or more, so kept some dispoable medical masks from work.

I tell him once, "Hose rules, just don't touch the toilet -- it's filthy and you're just going to spred your nasty gastric sh*t around my apartment.  At the very least wash your hands, you digusting animal"

Second or third time, his retoirt?  "Well, it's just habit."  Well, time for some ne habits.  This is my place, and I don't ask much:  don't break my equipment, and use the toilet like I said.  Or go outside, for all I carel

And what a surprise when I left the place to drop him off.  Hundreds of cigarette butts just strewn all over my carpet.

Yeah, I'm not Joe Clean, but at least I clean up after myself, especially at somebody else's place.

And some great effing piano player...."Mumble mumble, I just play in C."  Well effing try harder, nerd.  A.  Ab.  Db.

I won't say I hate all people, but pretty damned close. 

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10499 on: April 21, 2020, 05:12:42 AM
Outin... That's the idea... you get a coronary, I win the thread.

My evil plan is finally coming to fruition.    ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert