Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Last post wins!!!!!  (Read 1092127 times)

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Re: Last post wins!!!!!
Reply #9850 on: January 12, 2020, 09:32:40 AM

And this kids... is what happens when you take drugs.     ;D
Depends on which drugs, though, wouldn't you say?(!)...

For the record, this is the video of which I expressed knowledge earlier.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9851 on: January 12, 2020, 12:26:37 PM
Wrong. I have no doubt that he is a busy man but his decisions are not dependent upon reporting.
Oh you are the authority ahinton you know exactly how it all goes right lol. You state you havent used the report to moderator function before so how do you know how it all works? That function is there for a reason and you will notice some abusing posts dont get taken down because someone hasnt used that button.

For the record, I have reported nothing to him.
For the record I don't really care. For the record it is peculiar that you want to mention the moderators ability to edit threads, perhaps you think you are being unfairly treated here.. It's ok, you have to get used to being a loser on this thread.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9852 on: January 12, 2020, 03:09:31 PM
Oh you are the authority ahinton you know exactly how it all goes right lol. You state you havent used the report to moderator function before so how do you know how it all works? That function is there for a reason and you will notice some abusing posts dont get taken down because someone hasnt used that button.
I know perfectly well why that function is there; I have simply not used it. End of.

For the record I don't really care. For the record it is peculiar that you want to mention the moderators ability to edit threads, perhaps you think you are being unfairly treated here.. It's ok, you have to get used to being a loser on this thread.
I feel nothing of the kind, nor indeed am I being treated unfairly. I alluded to that facility on the moderator's part purely to illustrate the fact that his use of it does not have necessarily to be prompted by an approach or request from a member. Again, end of - and no one has to "get used to" any such thing.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9853 on: January 12, 2020, 03:35:42 PM
I don't know what's happening... all I know is that I have won... again.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9854 on: January 12, 2020, 03:55:35 PM
I know perfectly well why that function is there; I have simply not used it. End of.
You have no experience of how effective it is since you have never used it so you are in a weak position to say "wrong" about my previous post.

I feel nothing of the kind, nor indeed am I being treated unfairly. I alluded to that facility on the moderator's part purely to illustrate the fact that his use of it does not have necessarily to be prompted by an approach or request from a member. Again, end of - and no one has to "get used to" any such thing.
You mentioned moderator BEFORE any of this. Why do you want to mention that a moderator can edit threads?? You don't do it on every other thread you attend so there must have been a motivation to say so, if you are not going to tell us we fill in the blanks and come to a strong inferred conclusion.

In any case you are a loser to this post and I win.
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9855 on: January 12, 2020, 03:57:22 PM
I don't know what's happening... all I know is that I have won... again.
Only for that moment... now all you have is that memory.
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9856 on: January 12, 2020, 05:07:25 PM
You have no experience of how effective it is since you have never used it so you are in a weak position to say "wrong" about my previous post.
Not so; I know what happened about the removal of some posts recently and, frankly, was pleased to see that this had been done.

You mentioned moderator BEFORE any of this. Why do you want to mention that a moderator can edit threads?? You don't do it on every other thread you attend so there must have been a motivation to say so, if you are not going to tell us we fill in the blanks and come to a strong inferred conclusion.
See the above; the conclusion/s, if any, to which you might or might not come is/are your prerogative alone.

In any case you are a loser to this post and I win.
As mentioned previously, I am not seeking to compete and, as one cannot win or lose in the absence of such intentional participation, you would appear to be wrong on this as well - not that it is of any consequence, of course.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9857 on: January 12, 2020, 05:09:37 PM
Not so; I know what happened about the removal of some posts recently and, frankly, was pleased to see that this had been done.
The abuse hurled at me by that man of many faces account, I didn't even report it it would have been someone else, probably the one who actually expressed disgust at that response towards me. No one posted that my responses to you were being abusive at all.

As mentioned previously, I am not seeking to compete and, as one cannot win or lose in the absence of such intentional participation, you would appear to be wrong on this as well - not that it is of any consequence, of course.
Too bad you still lose to this post, so I am not wrong at all and your are mistaken by a wide margin.

Still have not explained why you wanted to mention a moderator edits thread here.

You lose, I win!
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9858 on: January 12, 2020, 05:11:48 PM
I am not seeking to "win" anything here so am not trying to do so. Do be careful, though, unless you're prepared to have the thread edited down...
You came up with this out of the blue without any provocation from anyone else mentioning administrators at all. So stop with this smoke and mirror tactic, why did you mention it? What was your motivation? Do you feel unfairly treated on this thread? You have to get used to being a loser here, see title of thread for the reason.
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9859 on: January 12, 2020, 05:48:39 PM
The abuse hurled at me by that man of many faces account, I didn't even report it it would have been someone else, probably the one who actually expressed disgust at that response towards me. No one posted that my responses to you were being abusive at all.
I've no idea what you are writing about but, since your responses to me were not abusive, I am unsurprised.

Too bad you still lose to this post, so I am not wrong at all and your are mistaken by a wide margin.
Wrong on all counts.

Still have not explained why you wanted to mention a moderator edits thread here.
I have done just that.

You lose, I win!
No one wins, no one loses.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9860 on: January 12, 2020, 06:05:13 PM
I've no idea what you are writing about but, since your responses to me were not abusive, I am unsurprised.
Yes you admit you have no idea what I am writing about because you missed the abuse that was hurled at me, and it was rather distasteful. That is what got the posts deleted since the thread would have been reported to the moderator. That is how posts get removed quite quickly here, you should know that.

So I wonder why you want to mention moderators editing threads.

Wrong on all counts.
Nope you have lost again, this reply enforces the fact that you have lost.

I have done just that.
So why did you want to mention moderators editing this thread when no one at all in this thread mentioned it before you?

No one wins, no one loses.
You are wrong, as usual. Since it has already been explained to you that you have lost. I win.
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9861 on: January 12, 2020, 06:28:17 PM
Yes you admit you have no idea what I am writing about because you missed the abuse that was hurled at me, and it was rather distasteful. That is what got the posts deleted since the thread would have been reported to the moderator. That is how posts get removed quite quickly here, you should know that.
I do not read every post on this forum and so would not be expected to have noticed abuse of you. I regret that you had to put up with this.

So I wonder why you want to mention moderators editing threads.
Because that is what occurred recently - no more, no less - and not as a conseqeunce of reporting of posts (at least not from me).

Nope you have lost again, this reply enforces the fact that you have lost.
For the upmpteenth time, I am not involved in anything that I could win or lose, so I have lost nothing.

So why did you want to mention moderators editing this thread when no one at all in this thread mentioned it before you?
Repetition.

You are wrong, as usual. Since it has already been explained to you that you have lost. I win.
I would not dignify that with a response.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9862 on: January 13, 2020, 12:16:22 AM

Good... then don't respond.

[Well, that was easy]

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9863 on: January 13, 2020, 02:40:04 AM
I do not read every post on this forum and so would not be expected to have noticed abuse of you. I regret that you had to put up with this.
Yes that is why I have explained why you didn't understand what I wrote in one of my previous posts.

Because that is what occurred recently - no more, no less - and not as a conseqeunce of reporting of posts (at least not from me).
There are a lot of things that occur on the page, it seems peculiar to want to mention moderators editing posts.

For the upmpteenth time, I am not involved in anything that I could win or lose, so I have lost nothing.
Maybe you should be careful what threads you interact in? This thread is created for the purpose of winning whether you like that or not. Where there is a winner there will be a loser, no cosolation prizes and attendance certificates! You have certainly lost, already in this thread you have multiple losses, you get used to that. Loser!!! I win!!

Repetition.
It is repeated because you repeatedly refuse to answer the question directly. So why did you have to mention moderators editing thread here??

You don't have to, when one loses even responding doesn't change the fact that they are a loser. I win! "Last post wins!!!!!"

Responses here wont end anytime soon, I wonder why you like to waste your time on useless threads?
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9864 on: January 13, 2020, 06:47:23 AM
Yes that is why I have explained why you didn't understand what I wrote in one of my previous posts.
There are a lot of things that occur on the page, it seems peculiar to want to mention moderators editing posts.
Maybe you should be careful what threads you interact in? This thread is created for the purpose of winning whether you like that or not. Where there is a winner there will be a loser, no cosolation prizes and attendance certificates! You have certainly lost, already in this thread you have multiple losses, you get used to that. Loser!!! I win!!
It is repeated because you repeatedly refuse to answer the question directly. So why did you have to mention moderators editing thread here??
You don't have to, when one loses even responding doesn't change the fact that they are a loser. I win! "Last post wins!!!!!"

Responses here wont end anytime soon, I wonder why you like to waste your time on useless threads?
!!!
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9865 on: January 13, 2020, 08:41:53 AM
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9866 on: January 13, 2020, 10:59:41 AM

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9867 on: January 13, 2020, 12:11:05 PM
Bah, everything was going well until pp comes along and screws up the page making it fat lol
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9868 on: January 13, 2020, 12:29:51 PM
I'm on a 4K monitor, so I don't see what the 'fat' problem is...

;D

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9869 on: January 13, 2020, 04:24:52 PM
I'm on a 4K monitor, so I don't see what the 'fat' problem is...;D
Well, whatever it may or may not be, it doesn't seem to be an example of the old cliché "fat is a feminist issue"...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline gep

Reply #9870 on: January 13, 2020, 04:30:03 PM

I'd say the age seems about right, but otherwise I think a more correct one would be
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline gep

Reply #9871 on: January 13, 2020, 04:33:10 PM
the old cliché "fat is a feminist issue"...

Ah yes, as in "does this dress make my ass look fat?', "no dear, your ass does that all by itself".
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9872 on: January 13, 2020, 06:15:10 PM
You still lose j_tour, you fail and lose so bad, don't worry. I beat you.

That is a complete falsehood. 

I'll have you know my teacher said I can start playing one of the Schubert Impromptus in the next year.

So, I'm winning, but which one should I play? 
My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9873 on: January 13, 2020, 08:05:06 PM
I'd say the age seems about right, but otherwise I think a more correct one would be

Indeed but, either way, an example of apparent self-portraiture on the part of the original poster of the first of these might arguably seem to have manifested itself...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9874 on: January 13, 2020, 11:45:47 PM
*Bob is still on the previous page and cannot process large blocks of text or the number of posts since he last posted.*  ::)

(But he still won.)  8)
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9875 on: January 14, 2020, 12:40:22 AM
You didn't even manage to win for a solid hour, so Sacha can go back into obscurity from where he lives.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9876 on: January 14, 2020, 02:41:08 AM

I knew you couldnt resist and respond to me on your alt account :) I consider that a WIN!!! You lose!

Still i wonder where anyone has said REMOVE YOUR POST but you lol! Oh and do edit your location in your profile, that hour discrepancy makes your attempt to say you are from Netherlands look funny. I wonder why you are on the same timeline as ahinton??? AHHAHAHAAH!!!!
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9877 on: January 14, 2020, 02:41:52 AM
Indeed but, either way, an example of apparent self-portraiture on the part of the original poster of the first of these might arguably seem to have manifested itself...

Best,

Alistair
Lol ahinton talking to himself. Ready to go again on a quote battle?? lol
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9878 on: January 14, 2020, 02:44:57 AM
That is a complete falsehood. 

I'll have you know my teacher said I can start playing one of the Schubert Impromptus in the next year.

So, I'm winning, but which one should I play?
Don't worry about Schubert, try some Sorabji instead, it will make you feel more like a loser :) ahah
www.pianovision.com

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9879 on: January 14, 2020, 05:51:42 AM
I knew you couldnt resist and respond to me on your alt account :)

Seriously??? Can we confirm he has 2 accounts???

If it makes everyone feel better - I have 2 accounts as well. You see me here as Perfect_Pitch, but I am of course also 'Lostinidlewonder'... so I'll win either way.

And some of you may doubt that... but the seed is planted.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9880 on: January 14, 2020, 06:16:46 AM
do edit your location in your profile, that hour discrepancy makes your attempt to say you are from Netherlands look funny
gep does indeed hail from the Netherlands; what is "funny" about anyone doing that?

I wonder why you are on the same timeline as ahinton??? AHHAHAHAAH!!!!
He isn't.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9881 on: January 14, 2020, 06:18:55 AM
Lol ahinton talking to himself.
Evidently not, as the very fact of your response alone proves.

Ready to go again on a quote battle??
Whilst uncertain of your intended meaning here, the answer is "no", since I have no interest in going into "battle" of any kind.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9882 on: January 14, 2020, 06:20:07 AM
Don't worry about Schubert, try some Sorabji instead, it will make you feel more like a loser :) ahah
It is for j_tour to decide what repertoire he practises - not you.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9883 on: January 14, 2020, 06:22:24 AM
Seriously??? Can we confirm he has 2 accounts???
He has several accounts but only one here.

If it makes everyone feel better - I have 2 accounts as well. You see me here as Perfect_Pitch, but I am of course also 'Lostinidlewonder'... so I'll win either way.

And some of you may doubt that... but the seed is planted.
Why and how would such a statement make anyone "feel better"? The "seed" that you mention might as well have been planted somewhere in souther Chad...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline j_tour

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9884 on: January 14, 2020, 07:51:06 AM

What? 

What?

%^%@$*# of a &^%&*ing (*&@

I'll have you know I'm packing plenty of meat, young lady!

I even have a life-sized model of a well-known communist stuffed to the brim with luncheon meats and other such from the dumpster out back of a delicatessen!

How dare you besmirch me!

I shall have you brought up on charges!

I am completely not a pastiche of some rage-filled impotent maniac!

For your information!

My name is Nellie, and I take pride in helping protect the children of my community through active leadership roles in my local church and in the Boy Scouts of America.  Bad word make me sad.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9885 on: January 14, 2020, 08:18:26 AM
I even have a life-sized model of a well-known communist stuffed to the brim with luncheon meats and other such from the dumpster out back of a delicatessen!

That was over a week ago... that would be rancid by now and possibly oozing.

Ewwwww...

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9886 on: January 14, 2020, 08:45:12 AM
It is for j_tour to decide what repertoire he practises - not you.
And is it for you to be the arbiter of our interactions? Are you assuming such power? That's not surprising but no one recognises it here but yourself.

Whilst uncertain of your intended meaning here, the answer is "no", since I have no interest in going into "battle" of any kind.
Too bad because you will be drawn into it because you can't help but feel the irresitable urge to respond to me and I will only respond back forever to point out your mistakes just like you try to do to others constantly :) 

He isn't.
You are dumb ahinton. Look at GEP profile and yours, you have exactly the same time line but APPARENTLY supposed to be living in different places. Just because you say it isn't so doesn't mean its true, in fact it's totally mistaken.  It's ok you can word salad us as much as you like, we already have made the conclusion and joined the dots. Yes you can now respond that there are no dots to be connected and I am mistaken etc etc, you know the boring responses you usually respond with? HAHA

WIN!!!!
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9887 on: January 14, 2020, 08:47:00 AM
What? 

What?

%^%@$*# of a &^%&*ing (*&@

I'll have you know I'm packing plenty of meat, young lady!

How dare you besmirch me!

I shall have you brought up on charges!

I am completely not a pastiche of some rage-filled impotent maniac!

For your information!
*quickly hides from j_tour

....and wins quietly

p.s i just looked in my pants, not lady. phew
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9888 on: January 14, 2020, 09:23:41 AM
And is it for you to be the arbiter of our interactions? Are you assuming such power? That's not surprising but no one recognises it here but yourself.
Did I suggest anything of the kind? No. Why therefore is this mentioned here? Because you have decided to do so.

You are dumb ahinton.
No. I am able to speak.

Look at GEP profile and yours, you have exactly the same time line but APPARENTLY supposed to be living in different places.
We do live in different countries. Why is that a matter of interest, let alone concern?

Just because you say it isn't so doesn't mean its true, in fact it's totally mistaken.

What is?

we already have made the conclusion and joined the dots
Who are "we" and what "conclusion" have "we" made from what and why? - and is it of any real interest and, if so, to whom and why?[/quote]

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9889 on: January 14, 2020, 09:24:45 AM
i just looked in my pants
How very interesting...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9890 on: January 14, 2020, 10:11:51 AM
ahhh ahinton you want a quote war, so be it :)

Did I suggest anything of the kind? No. Why therefore is this mentioned here? Because you have decided to do so.
Well your kibitizing on the sidelines is not welcomed, don't you have enough posts to reply to? Or do you like to make it a habit to "butt into" other peoples discussion and tell them how to behave? lol.

No. I am able to speak.
See informal definintion of the word, you are unintelligent to the fact that one can see timezones via looking ones profile.

We do live in different countries. Why is that a matter of interest, let alone concern?
Because your timezones in profiles are EXACTLY the same.

What is?
That you think that you are not in the same timezones when the profile times show exactly that YOU ARE in the same timezone. Gosh does one have to explain every step of the way for you? lol

Who are "we" and what "conclusion" have "we" made from what and why? - and is it of any real interest and, if so, to whom and why?
Is this of any real interest to you or are you just babbling? lol. A number of us here at pianostreet have already made assumptions, if you are unaware of this then it is not my duty to make you aware of it.
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9891 on: January 14, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
How very interesting...

No you can't look ahinton I'm taken.
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9892 on: January 14, 2020, 11:16:43 AM
ahhh ahinton you want a quote war, so be it :)
I do not.

Well your kibitizing on the sidelines is not welcomed
I have no more idea what "kibitizing on the sidelines" might be or to whom than I have of who it might be that does not "welcome" it, whatever it might be.

do you like to make it a habit to "butt into" other peoples discussion and tell them how to behave?
If responding to any post constitutes "butting into other people's discussion/s" then most members here do it a lot of the time; how other members behavbe is no concern of mine.

See informal definintion of the word, you are unintelligent to the fact that one can see timezones via looking ones profile.
I could not care less about such profiles; the fact remains that member gep is based in the Netherlands, I am based in UK and there is an hour's time difference between the two countries.

Because your timezones in profiles are EXACTLY the same.
That's not down to me.

That you think that you are not in the same timezones when the profile times show exactly that YOU ARE in the same timezone.
I "think" nothing of the kind; I know that there is an hour's difference between the two, whatever any profile might appear to indicate to the contrary.

Gosh does one have to explain every step of the way for you?

Is this of any real interest to you
Is what of any interest to me? Timezone differences? I have alreaday said all that there is to say about that.

A number of us here at pianostreet have already made assumptions, if you are unaware of this then it is not my duty to make you aware of it.
Anyone is entitled to make whatever assumptions they so choose, be they correct or otherwise. I do agree, however, that it is "not your duty" to make me aware of the unspecified assumptions of unspecified other members, so it would be as well for you to refrain from doing so.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9893 on: January 14, 2020, 11:50:47 AM
I do not.
Actions speak louder than words, looks like you do want a quote war.

I have no more idea what "kibitizing on the sidelines" might be or to whom than I have of who it might be that does not "welcome" it, whatever it might be.
Well you are just going to have to remain confused then aren't you? The way you insert yourself into SOMEONE ELSES discussion is not welcome and trying to tell me what to do in that discussion? Your kibitizing is unwelcomed.

If responding to any post constitutes "butting into other people's discussion/s" then most members here do it a lot of the time; how other members behavbe is no concern of mine.
You said: It is for j_tour to decide what repertoire he practises - not you
As if I was FORCING him into what he practices, you insert yourself into my conversation with j_tour and try to tell me not to tell him what repertoire to practice. Clearly butting into something where you are not welcomed, clearly butting into a conversation that had nothing to do with you, clearly trying to make it look like im behaving a certain way and offering your way to correct it. This all constitutes you butting into a conversation where you are not welcomed. Unless you want to present this kind of character online, one who likes to butt into conversations and tell others how to behave, well done :)

I could not care less about such profiles; the fact remains that member gep is based in the Netherlands, I am based in UK and there is an hour's time difference between the two countries.
YOUR TIMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU READ THAT??? TIME SAME< LOOK AT PROFILES>>> SAME TIMES!!! OMG!!!! lol

That's not down to me.
Yet you so arrogantly want to tell me that your timezones are not the same in a previous response to me, let me refresh your memory:

I said: Quote from: lostinidlewonder on Today at 10:41:08 AM

You responded with your misinformation:
He isn't.

Why don't you look at the profile time dates and notice you both are on the same
timeline? Ohhhhh because im right and you are wrong in this instance? You lose, I win!

I "think" nothing of the kind; I know that there is an hour's difference between the two, whatever any profile might appear to indicate to the contrary.
ohhh ahinton your constant disagreeing with people here has now put you in an illogical situation. I said YOU THINK YOU AND GEP ARE NOT ON THE SAME TIMELINE. And now you response that YOU THINK NOTHING OF THE KIND?????? lol!!!!!! So do you think you are on the same timeline then? This is stupid thinking on your behalf because the time recorded through the internet shows that your time and geps are identical thus you are on the same timeline.

It takes a grown up to admit they are wrong, do you want to admit you are wrong now?

Is what of any interest to me? Timezone differences? I have alreaday said all that there is to say about that.
Yes you have and it clearly shows that you are mistaken, but a wide margin. You are Gep are on the exact same timeline and all it takes to confirm this is to check the profiles. No opinion requires, clear facts. If you refuse to believe this then you are simply being irrational on purpose.

Anyone is entitled to make whatever assumptions they so choose, be they correct or otherwise. I do agree, however, that it is "not your duty" to make me aware of the unspecified assumptions of unspecified other members, so it would be as well for you to refrain from doing so.
You don't have to tell me to refrain from doing so, I need not your permission or approval. So your request to know "WHO ARE WE" is null and void now that you realize that question was stupid of you to ask of me as I will remind you in the quote here below:

Who are "we" and what "conclusion" have "we" made from what and why? - and is it of any real interest and, if so, to whom and why?
www.pianovision.com

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9894 on: January 14, 2020, 01:34:31 PM
Actions speak louder than words, looks like you do want a quote war.
Assumptions speak louder than either for some, however misplaced they might be.

Well you are just going to have to remain confused then aren't you?
No.

The way you insert yourself into SOMEONE ELSES discussion is not welcome and trying to tell me what to do in that discussion?
If by "inserting myself" into a discussion you refer to contributing posts thereto, there would BE no discussion if no one did that! I have no interest in telling you what to do.

You said: It is for j_tour to decide what repertoire he practises - not you
As if I was FORCING him into what he practices, you insert yourself into my conversation with j_tour and try to tell me not to tell him what repertoire to practice. Clearly butting into something where you are not welcomed, clearly butting into a conversation that had nothing to do with you, clearly trying to make it look like im behaving a certain way and offering your way to correct it. This all constitutes you butting into a conversation where you are not welcomed. Unless you want to present this kind of character online, one who likes to butt into conversations and tell others how to behave, well done :)
After all that repetitive and largely meaningless blether, who else's decision is it as to what repertoire they practice? Of course you're not trying to "FORCE" a member to practice something other than what he might have planned to do, but the motivation behind your suggestion that he practise Sorabji instead of Schubert is at the very least questionable.

YOUR TIMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU READ THAT??? TIME SAME< LOOK AT PROFILES>>> SAME TIMES!!! OMG!!!! lol
Yet you so arrogantly want to tell me that your timezones are not the same in a previous response to me, let me refresh your memory:

I said: Quote from: lostinidlewonder on Today at 10:41:08 AM

You responded with your misinformation:
Why don't you look at the profile time dates and notice you both are on the same
timeline? Ohhhhh because im right and you are wrong in this instance? You lose, I win!
ohhh ahinton your constant disagreeing with people here has now put you in an illogical situation. I said YOU THINK YOU AND GEP ARE NOT ON THE SAME TIMELINE. And now you response that YOU THINK NOTHING OF THE KIND?????? lol!!!!!! So do you think you are on the same timeline then? This is stupid thinking on your behalf because the time recorded through the internet shows that your time and geps are identical thus you are on the same timeline.
Your itchy fingers might be better employed at a different kind of keyboard. I have stated and continue to state that I am not responsible for any timelines shown in any profiles here or for the accuracy or otherwise thereof; I have also stated that I am based in UK and gep in the Netherlands which is one hour ahead of UK and, if any profile timeline shows otherwise, that is neither down to me nor does it accord with those facts.

It takes a grown up to admit they are wrong
You might do well to remember that.

do you want to admit you are wrong now?
Yes you have and it clearly shows that you are mistaken, but a wide margin. You are Gep are on the exact same timeline and all it takes to confirm this is to check the profiles. No opinion requires, clear facts. If you refuse to believe this then you are simply being irrational on purpose.
Since when have forum profile timelines been guaranteed as representative of actual ones? Either you believe that the Netherlands is on the same timeline as UK (which it isn't) or that gep and I are based in countries that are on the same timeline (which we aren't) - but that's up to you.

You don't have to tell me to refrain from doing so, I need not your permission or approval. So your request to know "WHO ARE WE" is null and void now that you realize that question was stupid of you to ask of me as I will remind you in the quote here below:
For the record, the extent of my interest as to who "we" might be is proportionate to the specific details thereof that have been provided; go figure.

The question was reasonable to ask to the extent of ascertaining whom you think that "we" might be but, since you have not seen fit or been able to answer it, it's of no material consequence.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9895 on: January 14, 2020, 01:38:57 PM
TL;DR

I win.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9896 on: January 14, 2020, 02:05:36 PM
TL;DR
Care to explain that?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9897 on: January 14, 2020, 02:17:07 PM
Much as the childish manner and matter of expression above hardly merits the trouble, I have just now checked gep's and my own profile.

Gep's shows his location as the Netherlands and a "local time" that is one hour behind the actual local time in that country.

Mine does not show a location (although it is UK) but it shows a local time that is accurate for UK.

In view of this, it would seem that the problem that you appear to have with these profiles and timelines relates to gep's (whose "local time" is an inaccurate reflection of his declared location) rather than to mine (where the "local time" is accurate but no location is mentioned).

This is not something over which I have any control as it is not my forum so, if it bothers you for any reason or none, you know to whom to write.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9898 on: January 14, 2020, 02:53:10 PM
Assumptions speak louder than either for some, however misplaced they might be.
Still this quote battle is occuring whether you want to pretend it is or not :P Ask everyone else on pianostreet whats happening between you and me. QUOTE WARSSSSSS lol, well they might call it something .... else... lol. Still the activity uses many quotes and responses to quotes, which is much much quoting :P

No.
Yes, since you are not even bothered to look up a definition of a word and instead what to say you don't know what it means when it is VERY easy to go to google and type the word in. So yes you will have to remain ignorant.

If by "inserting myself" into a discussion you refer to contributing posts thereto, there would BE no discussion if no one did that!
Yeah but there are ways to insert yourself into a convo without looking like a control freak trying to tell someone how to behave and what they can and cant do, i.e: you telling me that I shouldn't tell j_tour what to play while ignoring my motivation for typing exactly what I did.

I have no interest in telling you what to do.
Yet you tried to when you said: "It is for j_tour to decide what repertoire he practises - not you". A rather unnecessary comment from you trying to tell me what to do.

After all that repetitive and largely meaningless blether, who else's decision is it as to what repertoire they practice?
When they ask a question about repertoire they get a suggestion, if you want to try and kill that discussion then you are merely butting into a conversation without anyone asking you to and providing useless commentary that no one asked for.

Of course you're not trying to "FORCE" a member to practice something other than what he might have planned to do, but the motivation behind your suggestion that he practise Sorabji instead of Schubert is at the very least questionable.
I don't feel the need to explain to you what I meant by what I said, you have chosen to interpret it all in your own way and thus come up with a large story all of your own making. That is why I told you to stay out of conversations that have nothing to do with you.

Your itchy fingers might be better employed at a different kind of keyboard.
My fingers are neither itching or need employment.

I have stated and continue to state that I am not responsible for any timelines shown in any profiles here or for the accuracy or otherwise thereof; I have also stated that I am based in UK and gep in the Netherlands which is one hour ahead of UK and, if any profile timeline shows otherwise, that is neither down to me nor does it accord with those facts.
Your failure in understanding how ips are used to determine the local times of users here doesn't interst me one bit except for the fact that it explains why you are mistaken and why when you said gep was not on the same timeline as you and it was proven to you that he is, that you don't appreciate that result highlights the fact that you don't appreciate how a used ip is used to determin the local times of users here.

You might do well to remember that.
I am the one who reminded you of it so of course I remember. So Ill wait for you to apologize for being wrong about the fact that you and gep have the exact same timezone location as proven by the results that can be viewed in each users profile. I can write my location as Jupiter in my profile but I can't edit the time :P

Since when have forum profile timelines been guaranteed as representative of actual ones?
Since always.

Either you believe that the Netherlands is on the same timeline as UK (which it isn't) or that gep and I are based in countries that are on the same timeline (which we aren't) - but that's up to you.
No now you are going further than I bothered about. I am saying you can gep have exactly the same timezone locations which can be viewed via the profiles. You said simple that it was wrong and refused to accept that this information is valid. Now you are trying to question the validity of that information which is totally laughable, are you a programer for bulletin boards? Please explain via the code how it is inaccurate otherwise be quiet.

For the record, the extent of my interest as to who "we" might be is proportionate to the specific details thereof that have been provided; go figure.
However no one cares what the extent of your interest is, what is important is that you asked for something which was unnecessary to ask for.

The question was reasonable to ask to the extent of ascertaining whom you think that "we" might be but, since you have not seen fit or been able to answer it, it's of no material consequence.
You already agree that it is not my duty to go into this, so your continual discussion on this is perplexing and of no material consequence.
www.pianovision.com

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9899 on: January 14, 2020, 02:54:10 PM
Much as the childish manner and matter of expression above hardly merits the trouble, I have just now checked gep's and my own profile.

Gep's shows his location as the Netherlands and a "local time" that is one hour behind the actual local time in that country.

Mine does not show a location (although it is UK) but it shows a local time that is accurate for UK.

In view of this, it would seem that the problem that you appear to have with these profiles and timelines relates to gep's (whose "local time" is an inaccurate reflection of his declared location) rather than to mine (where the "local time" is accurate but no location is mentioned).

This is not something over which I have any control as it is not my forum so, if it bothers you for any reason or none, you know to whom to write.
Word salad, all in the end I am right, You and GEp have exactly the same timezone as proven by the information in the profiles. Anything else you say is inconsequential since my interest is rather obvious and you simply want to go further. I have been right all along with what I am saying.
www.pianovision.com
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert